Found Deceased SD - Angela Armstrong, 45, Sioux Falls, 3 June 2020

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm honestly not surprised with a 13 year old being up that late in the summer. If it were a "school night" yeah. But teenagers are teenagers and this is still the year of the COVID oddity everyone's schedules may be viewed as being "odd".

Amen lol my teenagers do not have their normal schedule thats for sure, especially after being out of school for so long.

Some family members have further clarified the last phone ping location. They stated the phone last pinged a tower by the Avera Heart Hospital. That isn't too far from where I-229 merges to I-29. Not that the ping location means she was on I-229 since there are other roads in the area. Not sure how far from her home that area is either. I know people have been posting they have searched that area but that more in depth searches are needed.

MOO

Some family members have further clarified the last phone ping location. They stated the phone last pinged a tower by the Avera Heart Hospital. That isn't too far from where I-229 merges to I-29. Not that the ping location means she was on I-229 since there are other roads in the area. Not sure how far from her home that area is either. I know people have been posting they have searched that area but that more in depth searches are needed.

MOO
Oh goodness, let’s pray she was on the interstate and that she just wants to get away for a while and needs a break or something. Are there any cameras on the interstate??

What did they find out in regards to that police call on the night she supposedly went missing? I did a little digging and that call took place on June 4th.

Oh goodness, let’s pray she was on the interstate and that she just wants to get away for a while and needs a break or something. Are there any cameras on the interstate??

What did they find out in regards to that police call on the night she supposedly went missing? I did a little digging and that call took place on June 4th.

I don't know if there are cameras on the interstate but saw comments saying camera were being checked.

I heard about the 911 log and that it was about a security alarm going off near Angie's home but I haven't heard if that was being looked into at all. I would think the police would have looked into that since it was reportedly near her home.

MOO

Do you know how far her cell phone pinged from the tower??

If Angela lived in an apartment complex on South Tennis Lane, Avera Heart Hospital appears to be about a 6 minute drive.

No, that’s not her address. I’ve done a little investigating on my own. She’s not far from the tower. She’d have to drive past 69th Street (the street the tower is located on) on the way to the interstate. I don’t know if that makes me sick or if it gives me a sense of hope - I haven’t figured that out yet. *sigh*

I just heard about this case a couple days ago (even though I live in Sioux Falls - I never watch the local news) and it’s touched my heart in a way that no other case has before. I literally can’t stop thinking about it. I’m a single mom just like Angela. My daughters are close to the same ages as her two youngest children. Single moms have to watch out for one another.

@Moo, is it okay if I PM you?

MOO

It would be nice to know which way she was going. That isn't a horrid part of town to be out in after dark.

There are several gas stations and a few fast food places. But, if she was going west, I'm guessing she was on the interstate before you go south.

No, that’s not her address. I’ve done a little investigating on my own. She’s not far from the tower. She’d have to drive past 69th Street (the street the tower is located on) on the way to the interstate. I don’t know if that makes me sick or if it gives me a sense of hope - I haven’t figured that out yet. *sigh*

I just heard about this case a couple days ago (even though I live in Sioux Falls - I never watch the local news) and it’s touched my heart in a way that no other case has before. I literally can’t stop thinking about it. I’m a single mom just like Angela. My daughters are close to the same ages as her two youngest children. Single moms have to watch out for one another.

@Moo, is it okay if I PM you?
That’s the last address white pages has for her, thank you for the correct information!

It would be nice to know which way she was going. That isn't a horrid part of town to be out in after dark.

There are several gas stations and a few fast food places. But, if she was going west, I'm guessing she was on the interstate before you go south.
Yeah, it would be. The family says they don't know though. :(

At this point (thanks to someone’s help), I’m even more scared for her life. And I’m wondering why a man listed on whitepages.com isn’t behind bars. It’s the only logical explanation I can come to at this point. It breaks my heart.

My guess is the vehicle was headed north on Louise Ave. I hope that helps! Although, no one knows for sure, but I guess I don’t understand why the vehicle would go the other direction. You can hop right on the interstate if you head north on Louise.
Lacking an intended destination, that's hard to say though. She could have headed south and made her way over to Louise somewhere south of 69th depending on where she was heading. Or taken 69th west to Solberg/Tallgrass and headed north or south from there. That path would take her anywhere in western Sioux Falls or Tea. It would be very nice to have some phone records or maybe social media contact history to have an idea of who she might have been interacting with throughout that prior day.

My guess is the vehicle was headed north on Louise Ave. I hope that helps! Although, no one knows for sure, but I guess I don’t understand why the vehicle would go the other direction. You can hop right on the interstate if you head north on Louise.

Thats kind of what I was getting at. She'd either be driving away from town, or back towards it.

Not sure I understand the whole rant about the guy in the whitepages

You guys are right, no one knows for sure where Angie went.

And I don’t know what information is okay to share here?? Has anyone done a background check to try and see what the name of her youngest children’s father is or are we not allowed to talk about that?

You guys are right, no one knows for sure where Angie went.

And I don’t know what information is okay to share here?? Has anyone done a background check to try and see what the name of her youngest children’s father is or are we not allowed to talk about that?
I'm honestly now sure what can be stated on this site so I'm not sure if I can divulge some of the info I've recently come across or not. It's all info that's publicly available and would only be stating facts readily available to anyone - if they know where to look. However, listing the info could also be seen as identifying a small'ish group of people as being persons of interest. It could also create some concerns among Angie's immediate family and may be exactly why they're not overly forthcoming with information. So as much as I'd like to list some things I've found, I'm going to keep it (mostly) to myself until I've maybe had a chance to run it past a moderator or other members. I believe info like this would be admissable in private messages or in a private discussion room though.

Anyone that might be a Mod or could help me work our exactly what can/can't be said here, please ping me if you could help with that.

I've run across some info that seems noteworthy. I'll try to lay it out here in generic terms using initials and not directly identifying anyone by name. Let me know if the post isn't acceptable.
In reviewing some basic history on Angela (A.C.A.), I found several addresses she's lived at, one of them including an address on W. 58th St in SF. I also found some legal info which referenced her by a different last name with the initial E. coinciding with the time-frame she was listed as having lived there. Among her adult known family was a male adult about her age who also has the last initial E. Additionally, I've traced and linked social media profiles belonging to Angie's immediate family which would indicate that at least one of the kids living with her goes by that last initial as well. That adult male subject with the last initial E also shows up in internet search results with arrest and booking info into the Minnehaha County Jail. He seems to be somewhat of a frequent flyer there with varying charges that I won't detail here, but that do occasionally include Non Support of a Minor Child. What is most interesting though is that his most recent Booking in County is from 5/28/2020. Further research into whether or not he might still be incarcerated found a subject with the same name/age listed as an Active Inmate at the Jameson Annex in the State Penn. His sentencing date was 6/3/2020 - yes, you read that correctly, I said 6/3/2020! - when he received 5 yr and 1 yr terms. There is a note listed there referencing "Suspended" but, since his status is listed as "Active Inmate" & not something like released or paroled, it leads me to think only a portion of the sentence was suspended and that he was likely incarcerated when Angela disappeared. Also supporting that belief is that the SD DOC site lists his earliest possible parole date as being March of 2021, and his suspended sentence release date in 10/2023.

I simply cannot get past the "coincidence" of his sentencing date being the same day that Angela eventually went missing. Surely family & authorities are aware of this, right? This bring so many new questions and thoughts to my head that I don't know where to start with them. I could completely understand why ACA's family didn't want to poke a hornets nest with this info if they're in fear of any of male's family or "associates". Add to that any concerns about custody of the kids if ACA isn't found - assuming this male may be the bio parent - and I am just even more overwhelmed for Angie's family than I was before.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lisa0457
Back