Found Deceased SD - Angela Armstrong, 45, Sioux Falls, 3 June 2020

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It is with broken hearts that we share with you today that Angie Armstrong, mother, daughter and friend was found deceased. She was full of love, hope and life. She was our treasure. As we honor her memory and all of the joy that she brought to us, we want to thank you for your love, support and encouragement as we made our way through the last few weeks.

In honor of Angie, we ask you to share love and kindness with those near you. Let's make this world a better place in her honor.

Missing Angela Armstrong
I’m very sorry to read this. She seemed like a beautiful woman who was loved.

Is it possible that the family did have more info and possibly a suicide threat? The statement reads like that yet we have no idea if this is a suspicious death or not?

Whose apartment was she found at? This is a complex that does not have a large parking garage. It appears to be individual unit garages.

6500 Beal Ave, Sioux Falls, SD 57108
Google Maps

Since it is so sparse in that area I’m going to assume it is these apartments.

The Commons Apartment Community

when you look at photos there you find this one-
upload_2020-6-23_18-17-4.jpeg

Or here is the website with double garages. The Commons | Apartments in Sioux Falls, SD

I would like to know if Angela and her car have been in that garage for the past 20 days or not.
Did the owner/resident of the garage use the garage within the past 20 days w/o the car present.
Does the owner/resident have any association with Angela. Is this a case of self harm or foul play.
RIP Angela.

Whose apartment was she found at? This is a complex that does not have a large parking garage. It appears to be individual unit garages.

6500 Beal Ave, Sioux Falls, SD 57108
Google Maps

Since it is so sparse in that area I’m going to assume it is these apartments.
I'll be curious to here this info as well. She didn't live exactly in that 6500 address, but she didn't live far away and was in that same "Commons Complex" of buildings. I believe there are a couple of buildings that are structured more like a set of apartments with offset garages, however there are also several sets of what I would consider to be more of a townhouse configuration where a row of several townhouses are connected side by side & back to back with their own little garage connected. I'm not sure which style of garage she was found in but I would guess it wasn't her own. I believe her townhouse was in another building close by - but that's honestly just a guess as I don't know where she was actually found.
Questions running thru my head are, if she was visiting someone in a townhouse that close by, why would she drive.
Could she have gone somewhere to meet someone where that meeting led to an argument and her death, and perhaps they somehow ended up placing her and her car in that garage.
If that garage was not being rented at the time, could she have been left there with the hopes that she wouldn't be found for a while.
Could Angie herself have known the garage wasn't being used and decided to use that garage as a place to harm herself where her kids wouldn't likely be the ones to find her.
If someone else left her there, who would have known that the garage wasn't being used at the time and that she might not be found for quite some time. (Or did they just pick an open garage and get lucky?)

It doesn't seem likely that some stranger to her killed her elsewhere and happened to return her and her car to an empty garage to hide them that close to where she lived. It seems to me more likely that she went to that garage on her own for whatever reason, or whoever killed her met her near there and ended up leaving her in that garage.

Of course that's just all my opinion.

The website for The Commons has a good map. Click on the option for "Birds Eye View" and you can zoom in on the units to the lower portion of the map (which should be to the south end of the complex) and see that they're layed out in more of a Townhouse style. But if you scroll up to the north end, you can see a few of the more typical apartment buildings with a larger bank of garages set off from them.
Map and Directions to The Commons in Sioux Falls, SD

I’m very sorry to read this. She seemed like a beautiful woman who was loved.

Is it possible that the family did have more info and possibly a suicide threat? The statement reads like that yet we have no idea if this is a suspicious death or not?

I would imagine the family had more info than was released. I don't know for sure though. My understanding was they didn't suspect suicide but one really never knows either. I guess we will learn more in the next few days if LE or the family release more info.

When I look up Angela I get this-
Modsnip/ Quoted post was edited
*modsnip /quoted post was edited*
I did run a similar check though, and I also took a little trip a few days ago to confirm some of the info I got. So in addition to getting some of the same address info, I personally verified her address by confirming that her family was at the address I pulled in her background check. So yeah, I've confirmed that at least part of your info there on the current address is correct.

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m confused.

It couldn’t have been her own garage - right? I think they would have noticed if it suddenly appeared in her own garage.

Showing up in a garage very close to her own apartment - wouldn’t the tenant have noticed that? Or did it suddenly appear in a neighbor’s garage?

Or was it a garage for a vacant apartment? But how would you get the garage door open - aren’t they opened with a remote?

I’m confused.

It couldn’t have been her own garage - right? I think they would have noticed if it suddenly appeared in her own garage.

Showing up in a garage very close to her own apartment - wouldn’t the tenant have noticed that? Or did it suddenly appear in a neighbor’s garage?

Or was it a garage for a vacant apartment? But how would you get the garage door open - aren’t they opened with a remote?
Right... I’m having the same questions.

I’ve removed the address from my comment but not the link.

I hope they release info soon. Personally, if I lived in the complex, I’d be scared until further info comes forward. They have said nothing as far as suspicious.
Thanks! Also, The link didn't work for me when I tried it but I'm sure the info is very similar to what I have.

Right... I’m having the same questions.
From the pictures I've seen on Kelo and the Argus' websites where investigators are taking pictures in a garage, the location they're working in would not match up to the unit that Angie lived in. Unfortunately, even the bird's eye view map on the Commons website is still a little out of date. Some of the buildings it shows as under construction are complete now, and there are other buildings up that aren't even on that map. Without taking another drive thru there, I can't say for certain how far away from Angie's unit they might have found her.

What terrible news!! RIP Angela.
I would think if one were to take their own life they would do it inside their car?
I'm hoping that LE is able to definitively figure out exactly what happened, and that her family can have a bit of closure and begin to grieve and heal.. hoping for some answers for her loved ones :(

I’m confused.

Let’s hope SFPD was at least smart enough to have her mom or someone check their garage. But quite honestly, at this point I wouldn’t put it past them!!

I am absolutely DEVASTATED for Angela and her precious children. My heart is absolutely broken. I may have never known her, but I’ve never felt so connected to a case that I’ve followed. She only lives about a mile from me.

<mod snip>

RIP, beautiful Angela.
I'm devastated for her and her family as well ... but I'm not even close to throwing that "knee-jerk" reflex response out there and blame the authorities for not having found her earlier. I've watched a lot of FB groups and comments, this WS forum, other FB profile comments and responses, and plenty of other info. And not once do I recall anyone saying, "She's obviously in an empty garage that's damned near next door to her residence. Has anyone checked there?" Other than having found her, all of us amateur CSI's know *nothing*. We don't know what kind of fight the authorities may have had to go thru to get financial records, phone records, *factual* statements from friends & family, video footage from only God knows how many places, or anything else. Yes. I'm frustrated too. ...and I"m just a wanna-be web "detective" that happened to try to dig into some details of a case that intrigued me. I can't even begin to imagine the frustration and anger and confusion that everyone else is still dealing with. But, as frustrating as having found her that close to her residence, I don't begin to see enough reason to start throwing nasty comments and exclamation points out at the people that our community leans on to help us find answers.

I do understand where comments like that stem from. But honestly, I'm just not sure that our general society as a whole can give a fair evaluation and response to those kind of comments. I feel like we're all living in a powder keg right now and I just don't know that we have enough info to start "setting off sparks".
Also, in support of your comments, I will honestly say that we all may *eventually* find reason to question how the investigation was handled - but I really think it's way too early to throw out comments like that which might just serve to incite others who are just looking for reasons to complain about things.

I feel your pain & frustration. But let's just all take a few moments to stop and reset. The important thing now is that they've found Angela and her car and potentially her phone or other evidence that may lead to more answers. From our vantage point & the info we have, don't begin know if there's enough information to yet even begin to unravel what all really transpired that night. There could be a long road of discovery yet in front of us all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Let’s hope SFPD was at least smart enough to have her mom or someone check their garage. But quite honestly, at this point I wouldn’t put it past them!!
Angela's family members were staying at her place and taking care of the kids. I personally saw them there. I've also seen pictures of where investigators were taking pictures of evidence in the garage where Angela was found. The garage they were investigating was *NOT* the garage attached to where Angela lived. Please. Let's all just step back and take a breath.

I'm devastated for her and her family as well ... but I'm not even close to throwing that "knee-jerk" reflex response out there and blame the authorities for not having found her earlier. I've watched a lot of FB groups and comments, this WS forum, other FB profile comments and responses, and plenty of other info. And not once do I recall anyone saying, "She's obviously in an empty garage that's damned near next door to her residence. Has anyone checked there?" Other than having found her, all of us amateur CSI's know *nothing*. We don't know what kind of fight the authorities may have had to go thru to get financial records, phone records, *factual* statements from friends & family, video footage from only God knows how many places, or anything else. Yes. I'm frustrated too. ...and I"m just a wanna-be web "detective" that happened to try to dig into some details of a case that intrigued me. I can't even begin to imagine the frustration and anger and confusion that everyone else is still dealing with. But, as frustrating as having found her that close to her residence, I don't begin to see enough reason to start throwing nasty comments and exclamation points out at the people that our community leans on to help us find answers.

I do understand where comments like that stem from. But honestly, I'm just not sure that our general society as a whole can give a fair evaluation and response to those kind of comments. I feel like we're all living in a powder keg right now and I just don't know that we have enough info to start "setting off sparks".
Also, in support of your comments, I will honestly say that we all may *eventually* find reason to question how the investigation was handled - but I really think it's way too early to throw out comments like that which might just serve to incite others who are just looking for reasons to complain about things.

I feel your pain & frustration. But let's just all take a few moments to stop and reset. The important thing now is that they've found Angela and her car and potentially her phone or other evidence that may lead to more answers. From our vantage point & the info we have, don't begin know if there's enough information to yet even begin to unravel what all really transpired that night. There could be a long road of discovery yet in front of us all.

Okay, you clearly work for SFPD.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lamonara