Found Deceased SD - Angela Armstrong, 45, Sioux Falls, 3 June 2020

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
No updates to this page since June 12!!! What the heck???!

I’ve not heard hardly anything about this investigation. The latest LE YouTube couldn’t answer what agencies were involved because he didn’t know. I wonder if they have interviewed her son? No word on what she had with her, what she was wearing, or what she “left behind”. Sorry, this is weird.

Missing Angela Armstrong
**Please be mindful of comments and posts to this page as the family and close friends read them. Everything and all things that can be done to locate her are being done! The police are actively investigating this case. We hope nobody experiences this kind of pain of trying to find a loved one that goes missing!!! ! It is not like what you see on TV..... ***

As of June 12th, 2020 the following has been done....
1. A land and car search was done by family and friends on the weekend of June 6th.
2. On June 11th an air search was conducted by a small plane in Sioux Falls and unfortunately nothing came of that.
3. On Star - again cannot be activated with a warrant or paying for her subscription due to FCC privacy laws...it is very frustrating for us as well!!!!
4. Law enforcement is working with her cell phone provider and banking institution.
5. There are things being done daily to locate Angie!
6. When the family organizes a more extensive search the details will posted to this page asking for help.

***Again THANK YOU all for caring and wanting to help us find her as much as we do!!! We are very grateful!!!! *** ❤️❤️❤️

The latest information will be posted to this page as it is made available to us. Therefore, please check this page before sending any messages to the family. This page is to keep everyone informed with the most recent and correct information and alleviate the multiple messages, texts, and phone calls to family members. Thank you all for caring so much about our Angela "Angie" and wanting to help us find her!

On June 3rd, 2020 between 12:00-1:00 AM, Angie left her house and told her son she would be back. Angie did not return home and was reported missing later in the day. It is unlike Angie to leave and not return home. She is gone. She is missing. She has three children and two of them currently live at home with her. The two youngest children are currently safe at their home with their grandma (Grammy).

As of June 9th, 2020 this is what we know...
The police are actively investigating Angie's disappearance.
1. The police are working with her cell phone provider and banking institution to obtain what is needed.
2. On Star cannot be utilized to locate Angie's car. Unfortunately, FCC privacy laws require the number assigned to a car to be wiped clean without a current subscription or renewed subscription. Therefore, her On Star can only be activated from within her car. This is the only way even with a warrant or paid subscription to On Star for her car. On Star will activate without a subscription if the car is in an accident or has been reported stolen.
3. Family conducted a search over the past weekend- June 6th-7th. When another search is organized the details will be posted to this page.

The details, in this case, are so limited. She has been missing for over a month. I wonder if it was usual for her to leave the house that late? It's a bit surprising her car hasn't turned up or been located. Does anyone know if there are toll roads getting in and out of the city?

The details, in this case, are so limited. She has been missing for over a month. I wonder if it was usual for her to leave the house that late? It's a bit surprising her car hasn't turned up or been located. Does anyone know if there are toll roads getting in and out of the city?

There are no toll roads around Sioux Falls.

This is the weirdest case I’ve ever seen! There seems to be no urgency to find her and she has been missing for over 2 weeks. I simply don’t understand. If I were missing, I’d certainly hope that my family and friends would make it their #1 priority to find me!! Why does Angela’s family not have her face on all of the national news stations?! Heck, her face has hardly been on the local news stations from what I’ve heard. And we rarely ever have people go missing here in Sioux Falls, so you’d think they’d be covering the story daily. Her family needs to do a press conference!

Next, the family won’t give us a starting point to look for Angela. They just want us to “pass out fliers” and “keep our eyes open”. WHY?!? Sioux Falls is a city of 180,000 people. It’s common sense that she’s not out shopping or having dinner with a friend. Needless to say, we need a starting point. My idea is to ask residents and businesses for video surveillance and follow her vehicle via that method like they did in the Fotis Dulos case. We’ll then be able to find out where her vehicle is (and hopefully her!) or which way it left town.

Does anyone have any experience doing such a thing? How did you organize it?? Let’s bring Angela home to her babies - they need her just as much as she needs them!!!

That’s a tiny bit of new info. Now we know how old the son was that she told she was leaving.

from the article:

Armstrong had left her home around midnight and told her thirteen-year-old son that she'd be back soon.

"At about 5:30, you know no one had heard from her and that's when I called the Sioux Falls Police and reported her missing because she would not have gone and left (her son) there, home alone for that period of time," said Liening.

There’s crucial information missing about that unknown trip in the middle of the night during a pandemic.

If it’s that unusual for her to leave her children - where did she tell the son she was going? A friend in the hospital? Cigs?
Pick up milk? What was the emergency?

There’s crucial information missing about that unknown trip in the middle of the night during a pandemic.

If it’s that unusual for her to leave her children - where did she tell the son she was going? A friend in the hospital? Cigs?
Pick up milk? What was the emergency?
To add a couple more questions. Was there a phone call that may have prompted the trip? Why was the child up so late or did she wake him and tell him she was going out? Did he wait up for her because he was concerned or did he go to sleep, expecting to see her there in the morning?

To add a couple more questions. Was there a phone call that may have prompted the trip? Why was the child up so late or did she wake him and tell him she was going out? Did he wait up for her because he was concerned or did he go to sleep, expecting to see her there in the morning?

These are all EXCELLENT questions and it makes absolutely no sense why no one mentioned anything. They’ve given us next to no information. All I can do is assume that they know a whole lot more than what they’re saying.

Okay, so apparently OnStar can’t activate a subscription without having access to the vehicle. It’s similar to a cell phone, supposedly. But then our local Sheriff (I think that’s who it was) said that when they claimed the vehicle as stolen (instead of a missing person - this was a different case), it was an entirely different story and they were more than willing to help! How does that make any sense? So why don’t they just claim the vehicle as stolen?? It very well could be. Someone could’ve kidnapped Angela. No one has any idea what happened to the poor woman.

Sometimes the absence of information can also tell us things. I would think the authorities would have checked any video footage from nearby gas stations or businesses she may have tan a quick errand to at that time of night. The fact that no info has been shared from those makes me think that either no footage of her was found, the business declined to share the footage & authorities aren't able to compel them to share, or evidence was found which led authorities to suspect an individual but they don't want to alert that suspect. I would think businesses would jump at the chance to help, and I would think something would have been said by now if there was any footage of her or her car found. That leads me to believe she likely didnt run a quick errand to a gas station or store.

Its disappointing that we dont know more about her phone records but I doubt those details would be shared with the general public unless a firm suspect were identified from those records and authorities needed the public's help in locating that person. So either authorities also can't access those phone records or there are no leads there.
The family has finally at least identified "Southwest Sioux Falls" as a slightly more specific location. In South Dakota the first digits of your players indicate the county of residence when the plates were obtained. The leading 44 in Angie's plate indicate she was a Lincoln county resident. Lincoln county only extends into Sioux Falls as far north as 57th Street and Minnesota Avenue seems to be a common east/west divider. Also, I havent heard any references to "outskirts of town" or "edge of town" by anyone so I would tend to believe she resided somewhere between 57th St to the north, 80th to the south, Sertoma to the west, and Minnesota or Western Avenue to the east. That starts to narrow it down but still leaves a wide area to speculate on. And I'm not sure how much it even helps as she does seems to have traveled at least some distance so it may not help to concentrate searches in that immediate vicinity. ...so the question again falls back to, "where was she going?". There have been rumors and mentions of a boyfriend and possible arguement with a boyfriend on social media but I dont think we can discuss those on this forum so I'll skip that topic.
We do know however that she has two children that reside with her, and those children would have a father. I have heard no mention of him or statements of concern to the media or anyone from him. Is he still in the area? He - or possibly even his family? - could seem to me to be a person of interest. I find it odd that there's been no mention of him unless perhaps that is exactly what Angie's family is avoiding mentioning out of concern for the children. I believe Angie's older boy (the one no longer living at home) has a different father and he and his family have been actively posting about Angie and seem genuinely concerned. Why isn't the other father?

That’s a tiny bit of new info. Now we know how old the son was that she told she was leaving.

from the article:

Armstrong had left her home around midnight and told her thirteen-year-old son that she'd be back soon.

"At about 5:30, you know no one had heard from her and that's when I called the Sioux Falls Police and reported her missing because she would not have gone and left (her son) there, home alone for that period of time," said Liening.
Another thing interesting to me is we know she had three kids. Yet, the statement indicates she only left her son home alone.

Another thing interesting to me is we know she had three kids. Yet, the statement indicates she only left her son home alone.
I guess I was thinking they were mentioning the son because he was the one she interacted with at that time and that the daughter might have just been in bed already. But yes, the wording here makes you wonder if the daughter might have been staying somewhere else for the night. *If* that's the case, it would be nice to know if it was with a friend, family, or perhaps spending time with her father. *If* the daughter were staying somewhere else that night, I suppose that could have been a potential destination of Angie's quick errand- but I find that doubtful unless her daughter or others there were unaware that Angie intended to stop by. Otherwise someone would have mentioned that Angie had been there, or was expected there and never arrived. ...unless someone at that residence were involved in the disapp and were hiding information.

I'm honestly not surprised with a 13 year old being up that late in the summer. If it were a "school night" yeah. But teenagers are teenagers and this is still the year of the COVID oddity everyone's schedules may be viewed as being "odd".

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nocturnal1
Back