ACTIVE SEARCH SD - Serenity Dennard, 9, Children’s Home Society, Pennington County, 3 Feb 2019 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
APR 28, 2019
Pennington County Sheriff's Office
6 dog teams and a number of volunteers are searching for Serenity today. They ask for patience as they utilize many experts in many areas to work this case to completion.

58654706_2370289086366502_3852973581663207424_o.jpg

I had a dream last night that I found Serenity in my back yard. She was a butterfly in a cloud of butterflies.
t70009.gif

I had a dream last night that I found Serenity in my back yard. She was a butterfly in a cloud of butterflies.
There are many interpretations for the symbolism. Most are religious in nature, so I will just mention that in passing. You did bring a tear to my eyes with your post. Sweet little child, we want to find you!

Did LE check the homes around there or even within a couple mile range, because these people would be driving around the neighborhood to get to places and someone would have seen this poor girl. It would be unusual to see a little girl walking alone.

Did LE check the homes around there or even within a couple mile range, because these people would be driving around the neighborhood to get to places and someone would have seen this poor girl. It would be unusual to see a little girl walking alone.

I don't know how big of a range they checked, but they did check the surrounding areas, knocking on doors, stopping vehicles, and speaking to anyone they came across, at the time.

Just read this article and I found the following quote quite interesting...

"There's another whole wing of this thing that's going on that you don't see or hear, the investigatory side of it, and they are investigating hundreds and hundreds of leads over the course of this investigation that it started. They've made hundreds of interviews, they've done search warrants, they've done all those other things that are behind the scenes," says Harrison.

Early on in this case I was of the mindset that when Serenity fled she likely succumbed to the elements given the weather and lack of a coat/jacket but given the amount of time that searchers have scoured the surrounding area and have not located her, despite elements at times, I am really starting to wonder what her fate is or was and am not at all sure she succumbed to the elements out in the woods somewhere nearby.. It does appear, IMO, that LE is investigating any and all possible scenarios. I pray they locate her and/or resolve this case, it is really a mystery imo.

Just read this article and I found the following quote quite interesting...

"There's another whole wing of this thing that's going on that you don't see or hear, the investigatory side of it, and they are investigating hundreds and hundreds of leads over the course of this investigation that it started. They've made hundreds of interviews, they've done search warrants, they've done all those other things that are behind the scenes," says Harrison.

Early on in this case I was of the mindset that when Serenity fled she likely succumbed to the elements given the weather and lack of a coat/jacket but given the amount of time that searchers have scoured the surrounding area and have not located her, despite elements at times, I am really starting to wonder what her fate is or was and am not at all sure she succumbed to the elements out in the woods somewhere nearby.. It does appear, IMO, that LE is investigating any and all possible scenarios. I pray they locate her and/or resolve this case, it is really a mystery imo.

I have no real reason but I have never believed she was in the "woods". It is just I guess based on several things from the very beginning that I will not go into. I realize she could be there and it may be months or years before being found but I just have never felt a reason to believe she is there nor that it is what occurred, where she went and stayed nor where she met any fate.

Maybe part of it is because we have no evidence or proof positive whatsoever that she is nor that she ever was in those woods.

jmo of course.

I have no real reason but I have never believed she was in the "woods". It is just I guess based on several things from the very beginning that I will not go into. I realize she could be there and it may be months or years before being found but I just have never felt a reason to believe she is there nor that it is what occurred, where she went and stayed nor where she met any fate.

Maybe part of it is because we have no evidence or proof positive whatsoever that she is nor that she ever was in those woods.

jmo of course.

Thank you for this and I have those same feelings. No particular reason unless it's just that I want so much for her to be alive. Maybe my hope overtaking what could be logic. For some reason I see her happy and in a safe loving place. I can see this, for some unexplainable reason. Still, if she is out there in those woods, it's my prayer she'll soon be found.

To the person, carbuff, I think,who dreamed she is a butterfly in a group of other butterflies, I do believe butterflies are messengers from Heaven, bearing good news. Whether she's an angel or still with us here, she is happy and free.

Last edited:
Thank you for this and I have those same feelings. No particular reason unless it's just that I want so much for her to be alive. Maybe my hope overtaking what could be logic. For some reason I see her happy and in a safe loving place. I can see this, for some unexplainable reason. Still, if she is out there in those woods, it's my prayer she'll soon be found.

To the person, carbuff, I think,who dreamed she is a butterfly in a group of other butterflies, I do believe butterflies are messengers from Heaven, bearing good news.
Comforting to think about it that way. :)

And hope recovery search continues.

Everyday I check this thread. Everyday it’s the same... no news. Maybe it’s the snowfall combined with rugged terrain and small hiding places. But from the start, my gut instinct is that something isn’t right. About the timeline, the story, the witnesses, all of it.

I’m sure the family is keeping very quiet on legal advice. No doubt a huge lawsuit is coming against the facility. Not saying they are responsible or had any part in this whatsoever. But, as an attorney, the lawsuit will be filed.

I’m at such a loss as to what happened. Maybe she will be found in a tiny little crevice? But I will be surprised if she is.

Everyday I check this thread. Everyday it’s the same... no news. Maybe it’s the snowfall combined with rugged terrain and small hiding places. But from the start, my gut instinct is that something isn’t right. About the timeline, the story, the witnesses, all of it.

I’m sure the family is keeping very quiet on legal advice. No doubt a huge lawsuit is coming against the facility. Not saying they are responsible or had any part in this whatsoever. But, as an attorney, the lawsuit will be filed.

I’m at such a loss as to what happened. Maybe she will be found in a tiny little crevice? But I will be surprised if she is.

I agree that something seems to not fit. Not sure what it is though--and it's not just that the school screwed up the response.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Briankap