ACTIVE SEARCH SD - Serenity Dennard, 9, Children’s Home Society, Pennington County, 3 Feb 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It doesn’t take long to succumb to hypothermia in temperatures below freezing. Two Kentucky brothers died of hypothermia last week when their truck got stuck in the mud only 1/2 mile from their house. They attempted to walk to their home. One brother was found dead in the driveway 1/3 mile from the home. The other brother made it all the way to the front porch where he died.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cincinnati.com/amp/2768280002

So there is a house on S Rockerville Road that is one mile away. I am trying to er, drive or walk that road on Google maps, so far, it looks to be the closest. I am still trying to learn how to navigate this thing, bare with me, lol!
This is a five minute walk from the Children's Home. I have no idea what the hell it is, sorry.

Google Maps

Last edited:
So there is a house on S Rockerville Road that is one mile away. I am trying to er, drive or walk that road on Google maps, so far, it looks to be the closest. I am still trying to learn how to navigate this thing, bare with me, lol!

Do we know how much snow was on the ground? And yet, no footprints.... IMO

Don't let Google Maps navigation fool you. It looks like it was taken in warm weather, and a mile hike (actually a mile and a quarter, or perhaps a little more, if I am using the tool correctly) to the nearest house wouldn't have been too difficult in that weather.
But PommyMommy posted a video from later that day (post #37) on that road - I will see if I can attach it here. It shows the conditions, and it would be pretty slow going.

Remember, though, that it wasn't quite as cold when she headed out, so I don't know how much snow would have actually been on the road.

Last edited:
It doesn’t take long to succumb to hypothermia in temperatures below freezing. Two Kentucky brothers died of hypothermia last week when their truck got stuck in the mud only 1/2 mile from their house. They attempted to walk to their home. One brother was found dead in the driveway 1/3 mile from the home. The other brother made it all the way to the front porch where he died.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cincinnati.com/amp/2768280002

That is so sad! I almost hate to 'like' your post yet the information is a warning. imo moo

Don't let Google Maps navigation fool you. It looks like it was taken in warm weather, and a mile hike (actually a mile and a quarter, or perhaps a little more, if I am using the tool correctly) to the nearest house wouldn't have been too difficult in that weather.
But PommyMommy posted a video from later that day (post #37) on that road - I will see if I can attach it here. It shows the conditions, and it would be pretty slow going.
Oh I am not letting it fool me at all, and I am totally aware that the roads are clear and summery on the map. I was just trying to seek out homes and such that she may have gone by, or Hippie Park, which she may or may not have hiked during the summer or fall months.

I got to pass this white truck with a trailer hitched to it- pretty fun, my idea of older person's video game of Rush, haha.

Poor baby girl. Here's a prayer I'll share for all who might need an uplifting today but this is most especially for our little Serenity. God bless your soul.

Dear God Almighty,

Please lead this child to safety if it's in Your will to do so or lead adults to her, in whatever scenario she might be found. Give comfort to all who are affected by this child's unknown fate and assure them through Your loving grace and protection that regardless of how this resolves itself, Your will and Serenity's memory and honor will always shine as a candle signifying your love and protection for those who simply believe in Your saving grace.

In Your son's precious and Holy name, Jesus Christ, our Savior, Amen.

Wow! it almost appears that there is more snow on the roadway, than is on the grass & trees! IMO

I'm not sure if this will help anyone. Changing to satellite view, and zooming out, gives more perspective imo.

Google Maps

ETA: Picture of nearby roads
Can you or someone else refresh my memory and tell me if she was seen on Rockerville Rd north of this intersection? If not, could she have veered left here?
Google Maps
I see a park called Hippie Hole- it's really pretty with lots of water and hiking. It's about 2.5 miles from the Children's Home. Could she have walked there?
I don't think so. I remember looking at that and it's south of the children's home. All reports are that she was last seen heading north.
MOO

Remember, though, that it wasn't quite as cold when she headed out, so I don't know how much snow would have actually been on the road.
Yes, it was warmer that day but there was still a lot of snow on the ground and they couldn't use air resources because of the wind.
MOO

Can you or someone else refresh my memory and tell me if she was seen on Rockerville Rd north of this intersection? If not, could she have veered left here?
Google Maps
Good catch! You can see that from above (summer view), but I wonder if it would have been 'cleared' of snow, like the main roadway?

Path of least resistance? Possible?
ETA: Path...

Good catch! You can see that from above (summer view), but I wonder if it would have been 'cleared' of snow, like the main roadway?

Path of least resistance? Possible?
ETA: Path...
Probably would not have been cleared, I would guess. And I would have assumed there would have been clear signs if she went that way - footprints, if nothing else.

Google Maps
That's why I wanted to know where the people getting wood actually saw her. I've only read "last seen heading north on S Rockerville Rd." It didn't saw WHERE on S Rockerville Rd., although it had to have been within sight at that point, which likely makes it still south of that intersection.

Where is this little girl. Warmer day, a Sunday means people were off work and I don’t know that a 9 year old without a coat would garner a second glance. Especially if it had been colder leading up to the weekend. Kids get cabin fever and think it’s “warm” outside.
I’m concerned about the bodies of water within walking distance. If snow is on the ground, she may not have known and fallen in.
I’m also very concerned about the SOs in the area. Again, a day off work and kids coming outside.
I hope they have been thoroughly looked at on their whereabouts that day.
If a local SO did take her, he will know where to hide her too.
The most hopeful outcome would be a vacant Home or structure nearby that she could have somehow entered and managed to escape the elements.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BadWiring