ACTIVE SEARCH SD - Serenity Dennard, 9, Children’s Home Society, Pennington County, 3 Feb 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If S went off the road, the terrain would drastically slow her down, imo, especially wearing boots.
Iirc, she’s 4’9/100, lbs. I’m, yes, MOO, that’s pretty heavy for a child of her age/height, if this info is accurate, I would tend to believe S is not an athletic type child.
Moo moo

The Average Weight & Height for Girls | Livestrong.com

Wait -- 4' 9" and 100 pounds???

BMI Calculator for Child and Teen

This calculator reports seriously obese -- above the 99th percentile.

Worrisome....

Wait -- 4' 9" and 100 pounds???

BMI Calculator for Child and Teen

This calculator reports seriously obese -- above the 99th percentile.

Worrisome....

Could be an error, idk.
I only mentioned it because I was considering her stamina level in brutal elements. IMO, severe cold is exhaustive & wears one down. Jmo

Authorities expanding search for missing 9-year-old girl Saturday

"Rushmore Helicopters will by flying with two spotters from the Pennington County Sheriff’s Office. They will expand the search from the air."

" The helicopter will start the search at 9 a.m. Saturday and Sunday from a field turned into a landing pad at the Black Hills Children’s Home. They hope to fly roughly five hours each day depending on the weather and cloud cover."

Last edited:
Authorities expanding search for missing 9-year-old girl Saturday

"This weekend, seven specialized scent and cadaver dogs and their K-9 handlers from South Dakota, Iowa, Wyoming and Colorado will be looking for her."

"The dog teams will set up in the Black Hills Children’s Home parking lot at 7 a.m. Saturday and Sunday and hope to be searching the area from 7:30 a.m. until 5 p.m. each day."

Last edited:
Thank you to everyone who has already posted that Serenity had a "head start" before the search by the authorities would have begun.

My intent of this post is not to judge the staff there but to consider the time that Serenity had (at least two hours) before the search by authorities began.

South Dakota children's facility staff called 911 later than initially reported after girl went missing

"The girl disappeared around 10:45 a.m. on Feb. 3. from the facility about 12 miles southwest of Rapid City."

"We have been reviewing the events of Sunday and have
confirmed that the 911 call was placed at 12:26," Colson wrote in an email on Thursday."

Last edited:
Wow. Seriously? We routinely do this. I'm not sure if my kids are unusual or many kids are just sedentary or out of shape. I just recalculated to be sure and she hikes a mile in 17 min actually. It's up and down hill, not flat.
Just out of curiosity, what part of the country do you live in? Not necessary to say exactly where, but I'm wondering if it's cold and snowy, wet and rainy, dry and humid, etc. The weather itself, and how you're dressed, can have a big impact on how quickly you walk. Wind and cold can make it hard to breathe, which slows you down; snow boots can be heavy and clumsy, which can slow you down; being cold can cause muscles to contract and the person to shiver, which can slow you down; ice or snow on the road can require more careful steps, which can slow you down; being afraid of getting caught can make you move faster; being cold and in a hurry to get somewhere warmer can make you move faster. I think it's really hard to say just how far she could have gone before the search really got started, but I don't see how she could have been out of sight of the 2 women unless she went into the trees or was picked up by someone. MOO

I just realized I wrote this and forgot to post it. I hope it's still applicable now...

Yea bc how many would simply let a child dressed inappropriately for the weather & alone run past?
IMO, it’s not that hard for an adult to catch a child.
And waiting to call 911? No excuse, imo.
I don’t think S had engaged in a pre planned escape, unless it was done over a ph call that morning. Kids her age don’t pay attention to dates/days/time, IMO. If on Monday you tell a 9 yo they get to go to McDs on Friday, they’ll ask “is it Friday yet”, repeatedly. IMO plus, I think if she had a secret, her teachers would have picked up on something.
I dunno, the little guy I shadow is very aware (at 4) which day of the week it is. He knows by the different therapists that come in the classroom everyday. When so and so comes on Thursday, he knows that the next day is Friday, when he has visitation with his grandmother. His behavior escalates.

The Official Pennington County Sheriff's FB page has some interesting info buried under some of the comments. I did some searching. Not sure that I can post here, but the info is posted there.

NO NO NO. I went down that rabbit hole! Phew. Okay, now that I flushed my brain, I can emphatically say you were correct in not posting that FB page. The unexplained theories have begun in there. IMO of course. You might read otherwise. That is exactly why some social media, really needs to stay out of WS. All IMO JMO JMHO

Could be an error, idk.
I only mentioned it because I was considering her stamina level in brutal elements. IMO, severe cold is exhaustive & wears one down. Jmo

Yeah, that has to be in error. Maybe she is actually taller? Her pictures look normal to me. Unless I'm blind to obesity, I think she is nowhere near. All in MHO.

And you're so right! That weather would sap anyone out there. I almost feel bad that I hope someone did pick Serenity 'up' if that makes any sense in the reality. She would be alive. Someplace warm, and safe (as could be in the situation) in some optimistic manner. And then the FBI is there! Her rescue at Hand!

I agree...had to quit and take a shower....metaphorically. But some info of value that I sifted out.

I do hear where you are coming from. But I look at that type of discussion as 'the rumor mill', for lack of a better word. I hope I'm not coming across as goofy, in trying to explain my thoughts. I am sure that many would find the information, and see if LE/MSM comes out with confirmation. Then it could be discussed. All IMHO

The Official Pennington County Sheriff's FB page has some interesting info buried under some of the comments. I did some searching. Not sure that I can post here, but the info is posted there.
All I see is a smearing campaign lead by two or three people that do this often in FB groups. They LOVE drama, gossip, rumors to spread. I recognized one of their names right off the bat, saw the craziness and drama coming from them and scrolled along.

#FromTheField 2 p.m: Per the lack of new developments within the search for the missing nine-year-old Serenity Dennard, a 2 p.m. press conference has been canceled. Helicopter personnel and search and rescue canine crews will continue to comb through the forests within the 2.5 mile perimeter into the evening, weather permitting.
nc1.tv/missingrockerville

#FromTheField 9:00 a.m: A Black Hills Aerial Adventures helicopter carrying two search and rescue spotters arrived at the Black Hills Children’s Home landing area. They later took off to grid the Black Hills Forest area and take advantage of their birds-eye-view as they search for the missing nine-year-old Serenity Dennard.
nc1.tv/missingrockerville

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member