Seaching for Anna - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is a picture of Anna on her first birthday!

Based on the size of the cake compared to the size of Anna, we should have the age-progression altered to add about 300 pounds. :laugh:

Happy Birthday, Anna. In Jewish tradition, prior to their return to Isreal, it was common to state on major holidays, "Next year in Jerusalum!" Well, on this anniversary that is both happy and sad, I can say, "Next year in Half Moon Bay!"

Here is a picture of Anna on her first birthday!

The picture breaks my heart. I hope that wherever Anna is, whatever she is doing, that she has someone to give her an over the hill coffee mug, a birthday cake with 40 candles, and hugs and kisses from adoring children. Happy Birthday dear Anna, may you have many more.

I worked in TV news for 25 years, and while organized letter writing campaigns usually had very little effect on our news coverage, I'd like to make a suggestion here. Oprah's producers solicit show suggestions on her Web site, and if you think Anna's case and the Websleuths efforts would make a good program for her (understandably, their primary concern), you can let the show producers know that by going to the Web site (www.oprah.com, then to the box that says "Be on the Show -- Share Your Story," and then the column "Regular Features -- We Want Your Show Idea"). You'll have 2000 characters to make your case. It's important that they don't get a lot of similarly-worded e-mails, so I'd suggest the following:

1. How and why has Anna's case touched you? You might want to mention what it is in your background that brought you to this forum.
2. If you want to mention how you've contributed to the search and this forum, that would help your letter stand out as an individual and sincere contribution, and not just a part of an organized campaign.
3. It's OK to mention Websleuths "Anna Christian Waters" forum, the searchingforanna.com Web site, that today is Anna's 40th birthday, and that two good dates for such a program are the 35th anniversary of Anna's disappearance (Jan. 16, 2008) and the 25th anniversary of President Reagan's proclamation of National Missing Children's Day (May 25, 2008).

Thanks for listening.

:HappyBday

Concerning Annasunc: The man doth knoweth of which he speaks!

His preparations for handling the media during the DNA results was knowledgable and thorough. When he first mentioned that he was going to try and get a major network new coverage of the hoped-for DNA match, I was hopeful, yet doubtful that he would be successful. Much to my surprise, a few days later Annasmom and I were sitting down with the producer of a well-known crime news show for an in-depth interview, all because of the work of Annasunc.

The above stories are told to demonstarte that if Annasunc believes that we can get on the Oprah show, then I am sending my suit out to the cleaners now. If everyone follows his sage advice, then we can pull this off. This can be done!

We used to play a birthday game, noticing special things that happened on your birthday. I was halfway through making an arrangement of "Happy Birthday To You" for someone ELSE's birthday before I remembered the game. This afternoon an Anna's hummingbird buzzed me, and my only Tuesday student played a piece called "Anna's Song" (for a different Anna.) Thank you, all of you who have posted birthday greetings!

Happy Birthday Anna ! Hope it is a good 40th. for you and that you are happy and loved. Wish you could feel the love we all have for you. You would be so proud of your Mom, Doogie, your brother, uncle and all the people who have spent so many hours searching for you and never giving up. They will find you and bring you home and someday you will know how deligently they have searched.

I've read and reread some of the old posts and I wonder about a few things. Not sure if they were ever resolved, put on the back burner or updated and I missed it somewhere.

1)Did anyone ever find an old Polks directory for the area Anna went missing? It occured to me the names of the former residents should be listed here and since none of them were ever interviewed by LE perhaps a current address could be located and letters addressed. Also a background check in the event any have some questionable history. On that note, I wonder if the former owner of the horse club and possibly members of the motorcycle club may be found and addressed in a similar manner.

2)There was an email tip from a girl who remembered a friend from a junior college in Tulsa, she was going to look for a picture from the family TG or an old contact #, did anything come of that?

3)The attorneys name which was found in the BFH, who claimed not to recall the names. I have a hard time believing this, especially with the amount of correspondance between GW and Miss Hughes with the insurance issues. I imagine correspondance between GW and the attorney must have been more than 1 letter. Any way to check if this attorney was on the up and up, as we all know some are, some aren't. Anyway to check if he or she had any disciplinary action or was involved with adoptions or guardianship issues?

Just thinking outloud with idea's that have crossed my mind.

1)Did anyone ever find an old Polks directory for the area Anna went missing? It occured to me the names of the former residents should be listed here and since none of them were ever interviewed by LE perhaps a current address could be located and letters addressed. Also a background check in the event any have some questionable history. On that note, I wonder if the former owner of the horse club and possibly members of the motorcycle club may be found and addressed in a similar manner.

Annasmom sent letters to all of the current residents of Purissima Creek Road last year. Many of the current residents were there in 1973. Of those who moved, I was amazed, as she and I drove the road, about how many of them she had kept in contact with over the years (or at least knew of what had become of them). My suspicion is that we have covered that possibility pretty well. By sending the letter to current residents, we also covered the unlikely possibility that they (not knowing of the story of Anna) may have unwittingly come across something of importance such as her clothing in the creek, for example, and not realized the significance of such a find.

2)There was an email tip from a girl who remembered a friend from a junior college in Tulsa, she was going to look for a picture from the family TG or an old contact #, did anything come of that?

The last I heard was that she was going to look for pictures of the woman from Tulsa. I never heard back from her. I had tried to recontact her in the subsequent months with no response, so I have put this pretty much on the backburner until and if she reappears.

3)The attorneys name which was found in the BFH, who claimed not to recall the names. I have a hard time believing this, especially with the amount of correspondance between GW and Miss Hughes with the insurance issues. I imagine correspondance between GW and the attorney must have been more than 1 letter. Any way to check if this attorney was on the up and up, as we all know some are, some aren't. Anyway to check if he or she had any disciplinary action or was involved with adoptions or guardianship issues?

We have been focusing recently on all of the financial dealings of GW including insurance policies - I really believe that this is at the heart of what happened to Anna. Miss Hughes worked for an insurance broker, not the attorney. I doubt that any attorney was directly involved in Anna's disappearance - GW usually strung out his payments to his attornies (even though he could certainly afford to pay them quickly on his income), so I doubt that they would have been inclined to enter into any shady dealings with someone who was so untrustworthy.

Thank you Doogie. Glad to have those unanswered questions answered.

Is there ANY hope Annasmom can get Anna's passport information (if there is one)? I am aware Anna is now considered an adult but is there someone Annasmom can write a letter to? Governor? Senator? I've heard of people finding out whether or not their loved ones' social security # has been active. Isn't that sort of the same thing regarding the privacy issue?

-Third-Party Requests

Third party requests must include one of the following:
1.) Notarized consent from the owner of the passport records,
2.) Proof of guardianship,
3.) Death certificate, or
4.) Court order signed by a judge of competent jurisdiction requesting the Department of State to release passport records.

The only exception to this requirement is when the owner of the passport records was born 100 years or more ago. Your third party request does not have to be notarized but should include the information described in the section above that covers requesting your own record and a $60.00 search fee for each individual for whom a record search is requested. Checks or money orders should be made payable to “Department of State".

If I recall correctly, the area for LE with passport requests allows LE to request the information without a court order, just the letterhead from LE and the statute or reason for the request. Anna's mom sent a written request awhile back to LE. She mentions it in the week of August 17 weekly update. Hopefully she will hear some news soon.

I can't help but wonder if that thumbnail size photo of Anna in the BFH was the picture used for a passport.

what if she does have a passport but it was not in her name so that the two georges could cover their tracks?

I have a question, I am sorry if this is inappropriate but I came across a child on the doe network and I was wondering if it has been ruled out as Anna?

The Doe Network:
Case File 14UFAZ

14UFAZ.jpg
14UFAZ2.jpg
14UFAZ1.jpg

Reconstructed Images. First two as a child. Last what she may have looked like as an adult.
Unidentified White Female
Little Jane Doe
  • Body located on March 24, 1979 in Tempe, Maricopa County, Arizona.
  • Cause of death is unknown due to skeletal remains. The child's neck was possibly broken as a post-mortem injury.
  • She is believed to have died between 1966 and 1978.

Vital Statistics
  • Estimated age: 3 - 5 years old.
  • Approximate Height and Weight: 3'3"
  • Distinguishing Characteristics: Long brown hair, 7 inches in length.
  • Clothing: Her remains were strewn with pieces of decaying fabric. One item appeared to have been an off-white coarse-weaved cotton garment; another piece could have possibly been a dark blue or dark gray loose-weaved blanket.
  • Dentals: Available
  • DNA: Not Available

Case History
Two rock hunters discovered the skeletal remains of this young girl in Tempe, AZ in 1979. She was found partially buried in a shallow grave in the riverbed under the Tempe Bridge.
Her shallow grave was lined with fragments of old newspapers. It was later revealed that the remenants were from The Arizona Republic, dated "June 6, 1966" and "October 2, 1966."
The coroner judged that she had been deceased anywhere from 1-13 years. (It has been judged that the child probably died in 1966, but that is not certain).
The press dubbed the young child Little Jane Doe, a nickname which continues to hold presently.

I have a question, I am sorry if this is inappropriate but I came across a child on the doe network and I was wondering if it has been ruled out as Anna?
[*]Estimated age: 3 - 5 years old.
[*]Approximate Height and Weight: 3'3"
[*]Distinguishing Characteristics: Long brown hair, 7 inches in length.
]Two rock hunters discovered the skeletal remains of this young girl in Tempe, AZ in 1979. She was found partially buried in a shallow grave in the riverbed under the Tempe Bridge.
Her shallow grave was lined with fragments of old newspapers. It was later revealed that the remenants were from The Arizona Republic, dated "June 6, 1966" and "October 2, 1966."
The coroner judged that she had been deceased anywhere from 1-13 years. (It has been judged that the child probably died in 1966, but that is not certain).
The press dubbed the young child Little Jane Doe, a nickname which continues to hold presently.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
Amanda,
My information is that all unidentifieds have been considered. This poor girl seems an unlikely candidate, since it looks as if she probably died before Anna was born. Hard, also, to make much of the reconstructions, which are pretty primitive, compared to the ones they are able to make today. I think it was probably the "adult" reconstruction which got your attention, and it got mine too.

Oh okay, I just came across it and wanted to make sure. I didnt go by the newspaper fact because I figured someone could have put those there to throw off the investigation but now that I look back and she had brown hair, I see that it doesnt match.

Just for fun, here is one story from Anna's favorite book "I am Papa Snap and these are my favorite no such stories." by Tomi Ungerer (There are really cute illustrations that goes with each story.)

Mr. Maroon Morsel gave his wife Retina a steamroller
for their twentieth anniversary.
She uses it to iron out her laundry
and flatten pizza dough.
They drive it on weekends to visit Mr. Morsel's
bedridden mother who lives in the mountains.

Question for Annasmom:

Anna was wearing oversized rubber boots on the day she went missing. Were the boots big enough that they could come off easily, like if she ran or if someone grabbed her and she kicked?

ETA: The reason I ask this is because I was wondering if she had put up a fight with her abductor, if the boots would fly off. Perhaps she knew her abductor(s) and willingly went with them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Somberlicous