Search of MR's house Aug. 14, 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really don't envision why police would be interested in poker if it was used as a tool to move rocks.
Presumably they are interested in it because they think it's related to a crime.

I was thinking maybe he was playing with it so it was handy to use as a weapon.

Ghostwheel, that's a really excellent list of the possibilities. I hadn't considered that Dylan might have used the poker as a weapon for self defense. Or what if he used it as a tool, maybe to move rocks or something? Kids do like to build forts and such.
Interesting. I didn't think about the possibility that the poker could be used to move rocks or dig out rocks. I would not assume LE would want the poker if Dylan had done that, but if anyone else used the poker to chip rock out, hide something behind the rock, then replace the rock. Or if the poker has been seen elsewhere (outside, in the truck)

Also, if it happened to be a "Blow-poke", it could have something stuck in the tube end or ends. (Those are made to blow into to get oxygen to a fire-also used for barbeques)

Immediately after this last search, MR was very media driven. He did a few interviews and he made the 'videos' of his trek to the crime scene and had them posted. But since then, crickets? I wonder what's up.

<modsnip>

It takes time for the labs to carefully test and review all the sample's they have gathered, and then the D.A. has to analyze the evidence and determine if it's enough to prosecute and get a conviction. They won't arrest him until they know that can happen...and it will. As always, my opinion only!

Interesting. I didn't think about the possibility that the poker could be used to move rocks or dig out rocks. I would not assume LE would want the poker if Dylan had done that, but if anyone else used the poker to chip rock out, hide something behind the rock, then replace the rock. Or if the poker has been seen elsewhere (outside, in the truck)

Also, if it happened to be a "Blow-poke", it could have something stuck in the tube end or ends. (Those are made to blow into to get oxygen to a fire-also used for barbeques)

Another possibility is if it was used to stir a fire that was burning some piece of evidence, it might have traces of that evidence clinging to it.

I've been following this case ever since it came here and have been trying to find some possible leads or evidence. When some of Dylan's remains were found, I went numb. I just stared in the distance, felt tears well up in my eyes. I always knew inside he wasn't alive anymore, but when you get the news his remains are found, it hits you hard.

Now as for the search in MR's house, I know that where I live (Netherlands) LE cannot search someone's house if they don't have solid leads or proof there is a need to search a property. And I think it's not any different here.

When they searched his property I read that there were 8 vehicles.. 2 LPSD, 3 black & one white SUV, Upper Pine Rescue, a truck with it's tailgate down... and a couple other cars all lining the road in front of Mark's house. Now if they were "just" there to follow up on investigation, why would they bring so many people and cars to MR's house? I mean they could have used a smaller team to try and conduct evidence in his house right? (it happens like that here when there is nothing new in the case)

And if for example Dylan was killed by an intruder, why on earth would an intruder go into a house to just kill someone? And if it was a robbery, usually robbers won't take anyone with them and when they hurt someone they won't clean up afterwards (not saying there was cleaned up), they just want to get out as fast as they can.

IF Dylan was on the run, why wouldn't he have gone to places MR mentioned instead of where his remains were found?

I think LE must have had very strong leads or got information about certain things (someone talking), because they were looking for specific thing at MR's house and it was not random if you ask me. With the Cell phone they took, maybe they can determine if the phone was also used during Dylan's dissapearance. (and if it's MR's or Dylan's phone). For the firepoker, maybe a fire was set and this was used to stir things in the fire and maybe the fire wasn't hot enough to burn everything completely? (and that's why only some bones of Dylan were found?)

Maybe something came back from the test of the floor and they wanted to examine it more closely? (any fluids or damage). As for the clothing, maybe they want to see if there are traces left of any fluids or whatever that can link MR to Dylan's dissapearance and murder.

Which brings me to my following question, can we see the comments from LE about the search in MR's house "being a investigation to see if there is any involvement" more like "we have to have enough evidence to link MR to the dissapearance of Dylan?" It seems to me that they have much more on this case then they're letting out and that they are now trying to put some loose ends together and that's why they searched his house again.

All of the above is just MY opinion, I am not out to judge anyone, just summing up some things I noticed. Oh and sorry for my loooong message, lol. Hope I didn't bore anyone to sleep!

This is NOT a general discussion thread. Please stick to the topic - the latest search of MR's house, and the items MR reported were taken. Anything else will be removed and if that becomes a lot of work, the thread will close.

If there is new information by way of LE reports or MSM, please bring it to my attention and we will consider opening a thread for discussion of that information.

Thank you,

Salem

I wonder if testing came back from lab with Dylan's t-shirt or laces as having either blood and/or soot if other remains haven't been found to correspond with an injury from a poker. There is a good reason they got a warrant to come back for specific items.

I wonder if testing came back from lab with Dylan's t-shirt or laces as having either blood and/or soot if other remains haven't been found to correspond with an injury from a poker. There is a good reason they got a warrant to come back for specific items.

Over the time to edit, but I also wonder if soot was found on something of Dylan's maybe they hope to match it to MR's clothes as well as blood of course would be a given. I am a bit confused about taking the clothes now, as it is my understanding when a child goes missing the FBI CARD Team immediately takes the parent's clothes. Maybe this didn't happen in the beginning because the FBI were brought in 9 or 10 days later, maybe Dylan's age, etc....IDK. Taking his clothes if still available they may find specs of blood stains, but not sure about how soot washes out. One good thing as MR was on presumably a # of cameras at the airport, Walmart, maybe more so they would know what he was wearing. If the clothes he was wearing that evening are missing??? :facepalm:

Why would teenager play with a poker? They have cell phones and video games.

The only image I get from this question is that maybe the teenager had to pick the poker up to defend himself.

I'm curious about what else LE may have taken in that search, other than what MR initially shared with the media....

:twocents:

I'm curious about what else LE may have taken in that search, other than what MR initially shared with the media....

:twocents:

Great point; it seems he is not sharing, like he did the last time with providing documents. :twocents:

JMO but it would seem that after this search maybe MR is a little concerned about what LE has up their sleeves.

I'm doing a little estimate on when this potential evidence was gathered, the time it will take the crime labs to analyze, and then the time it will take the D.A.'s office to determine whether they have enough to convict. I predict an arrest before we light pumpkins, and probably sooner. It also seems probable that someone helped the perp in someway. Cleaning up, hiding things, deflection, etc. It will be interesting to see who will testify to save their own hide. All just speculation of course. Opinion too. God Bless Dylan's mom and brother. Hang in there you two, lady justice hasn't forgotten you....neither have we. Prayers continue....

According to KUSA Channel 9 in Denver, Mark Redwine told reporters that investigators searched his home for three hours and removed sections of carpet and wood flooring and took a fireplace poker, clothing and a cell phone. Redwine also said investigators dug a hole in his yard underneath an outdoor staircase.

I'm thinking the swabs they took during the first search were inconclusive. I wonder if the carpet and floor boards were taken from the same area? Also, I wonder if they had a recovery dog that alerted in the yard where the hole was dug?

Interesting.

Salem

Think about someone coming into your living room and cutting out floor boards. Seriously. It's one thing to cut out some carpet, but floor boards?

I was just reviewing some of the Melissa Blasius interviews and froze a few shots from the videos of MR's living room (which is combined with the kitchen). From these screen shots, it appears to me that that Mark has no carpet in that whole downstairs room that has been talked about. There appears to be a cheap rug in the TV area in front of the couch. I doubt that LE would cut a section out of a small rug. Wouldn't they just roll it up and take it.
This leads me to thinking that the possible removal of "sections of carpet" and subfloor (wood flooring) was upstairs in Mark's room?, if that is his room. Usually upstair rooms will be carpeted in small winter homes. It also occurred to me that the outside staircase, said to be dug under, comes down from this upstairs room. As I recall, Mark talked about Dylan going up to get the DVD player, but in another statement declared that Dylan never went into his room. So, is Mark's room upstairs or the other bedroom downstairs?

I'm attaching the view of the rug in front of the couch, which is said to have had the furniture rearranged. And the living room view, from a camera angle behind what looks to be a wood stove and wood stove pipe in the kitchen area. I just don't see carpet. I am also including the exterior showing the exterior outside staircase.

So that leaves the poker issue. It would normally be kept closer to the wood stove in the kitchen I would think, not in the living room area. I don't see a fireplace at all in that small living room!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-09-06 at 11.08.24 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-09-06 at 11.08.24 PM.png
    313 KB · Views: 79
  • Screen Shot 2013-09-07 at 6.15.58 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-09-07 at 6.15.58 PM.png
    230.2 KB · Views: 83
  • Screen Shot 2013-09-07 at 7.45.48 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-09-07 at 7.45.48 PM.png
    179.1 KB · Views: 77
According to KUSA Channel 9 in Denver, Mark Redwine told reporters that investigators searched his home for three hours and removed sections of carpet and wood flooring and took a fireplace poker, clothing and a cell phone. Redwine also said investigators dug a hole in his yard underneath an outdoor staircase.

I was just reviewing some of the Melissa Blasius interviews and froze a few shots from the videos of MR's living room (which is combined with the kitchen). From these screen shots, it appears to me that that Mark has no carpet in that whole downstairs room that has been talked about. There appears to be a cheap rug in the TV area in front of the couch. I doubt that LE would cut a section out of a small rug. Wouldn't they just roll it up and take it.
This leads me to thinking that the possible removal of "sections of carpet" and subfloor (wood flooring) was upstairs in Mark's room?, if that is his room. Usually upstair rooms will be carpeted in small winter homes. It also occurred to me that the outside staircase, said to be dug under, comes down from this upstairs room. As I recall, Mark talked about Dylan going up to get the DVD player, but in another statement declared that Dylan never went into his room. So, is Mark's room upstairs or the other bedroom downstairs?

I'm attaching the view of the rug in front of the couch, which is said to have had the furniture rearranged. And the living room view, from a camera angle behind what looks to be a wood stove and wood stove pipe in the kitchen area. I just don't see carpet. I am also including the exterior showing the exterior outside staircase.

So that leaves the poker issue. It would normally be kept closer to the wood stove in the kitchen I would think, not in the living room area. I don't see a fireplace at all in that small living room!
BBM: If he uses the wood in the wood stove for heat, that would make sense. Could it be possible the "fireplace poker" was used for burning trash (either as well or only)?

BBBM: I agree it could have come from another room (the upstairs one being very likely), but is it possible the phrase "removed sections of carpet" might be a semantics thing? Could he have said "they took sections or pieces (as in more than one) of carpet", instead of saying "They took three areas carpets/rugs"? I'm just throwing that out there because If someone took the area rug in front of my fridge (that we use to catch the ice and water that often miss a glass), I'd say "They took my piece of carpet from in front of the fridge", which could be construed as taking a "piece of carpet". I know it's an "area rug", but I don't call it that. (I don't necessarily believe this , BTW, only mentioning it because Mark's semantics are a little out of the ordinary)

And the part about which room the DVD player came from brings to mind something I have been wondering about. From the June 9 Blog Radio transcript over in the transcripts, Mark said : "Dylan ran upstairs to his bedroom to get the DVD player so that we could watch the movie that he had just purchased from Wal-Mart" (BBM)

You would think that the player came from Mark's bedroom. If you only had one, the two places you would keep it would be your main TV room, or your bedroom. Why would you keep the DVD player in the bedroom of your son who is rarely there? Unless Mark does not watch DVDs at all. (possible)

Which make me wonder if LE is looking for some evidence that Dylan actually slept in his bedroom that night and exited out the staircase on his own alive, or with help, alive or deceased(ruling as much as they can out or in).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx