Search of MR's house Aug. 14, 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
<That little guy really captured all of our hearts, didn't he?>
:rose:

One component in this wait for testing and analyses results, is, whatever backlogs there may be at any of the labs, institutions, or agencies involved.

:twocents:

So LE has never said anything about that search ? Correct? Surely the testing is complete by now. It must have been dead ends :(

So LE has never said anything about that search ? Correct? Surely the testing is complete by now. It must have been dead ends :(

I would again like to inject a note of optimistism that just because results have not been made public, does not preclude that useful information was gained from the last search.

LE has not said anything since the search warrant in August. LE says very little here. I expect media will contact LE this week for an update but I do not read LE silence as dead ends at all. We know that LE were searching for more remains recently and, I expect, they'll keep searching until the snows that kept Dylan hidden last year return again. Then, maybe, we'll hear something more from LE when they have hunted for as much evidence as they can this year.

<That little guy really captured all of our hearts, didn't he?>
:rose:

Wow, that really touched my heart.

And the Boston Red Socks are world champs.

Piece by piece the puzzle will be put together by LE. :jail:

Yesterday when I read about the upcoming memorial service, I had a daydream that LE had all their ducks in a row and were ready to indict, and that they would announce it on the anniversary of Dylan's disappearance. What a bittersweet daydream.

Sigh.

I have full confidence that this will happen, but perhaps not as soon as everyone would like.

More on topic, I don't interpret silence at this point as a bad thing when it comes to the searches. The searches in and of themselves are a huge signal that LE is aggressively pursuing the truth. They're not going to let us in on test results when they are actively building a case (and the fact that they've been fairly tight-lipped from the beginning and sealed the last warrant only support the idea that they're not letting much out there).

Redux , agreed ! Also I think it seems to us, to me anyway, it's been going on so long, a year now. But the truth is until Dylans' remains were found :(, there was little to go on so that part of this case and search, the important part , has only been going on less than half a year , right? So even though it seems a year is a long time, they've had far less time to figure out what happened than the full year. Justice will come Dylan ! :)

Not releasing information (publicly) on results of the most recent search could also be a strategy to preserve any potential jury pool.

Redux , agreed ! Also I think it seems to us, to me anyway, it's been going on so long, a year now. But the truth is until Dylans' remains were found :(, there was little to go on so that part of this case and search, the important part , has only been going on less than half a year , right? So even though it seems a year is a long time, they've had far less time to figure out what happened than the full year. Justice will come Dylan ! :)

It seems important to me that 6-7 weeks after his remains and other evidence was found, they returned with a specific search warrant to look for specific items at MR's house. I think the evidence led them back and we will see an arrest.

It seems important to me that 6-7 weeks after his remains and other evidence was found, they returned with a specific search warrant to look for specific items at MR's house. I think the evidence led them back and we will see an arrest.

BBM I do too. And it's possible that LE will wait until after the memorial service to make an arrest. I have seen this happen in at least one other case.

A quote from SCHMAE's link ^^
http://durangoherald.com/article/20131116/NEWS01/131119632/Remembering-Dylan-

“It’s still an open and active investigation,” said La Plata County Sheriff’s Department spokesman Dan Bender. Bender, who has been involved with the case since day one, said evidence is now being reviewed in partnership with state and federal authorities.

“We’ve met recently again with the FBI and our investigators, going over information that we’ve accumulated,” Bender said. “We are in contact with the Colorado Bureau of Investigation, which has crime-related laboratories, and they are processing items that we have sent to them.”

BBM

Seems they do have evidence that is still out at CBI labs

Kudos to LE, sounds like they are being very diligent

Yup. I keep thinking of another case that recently got bumped to the top of the Found threads - Trudy Hall. Though Trudy's life, and death, was a bit more complicated, when she was first was found it seemed like an arrest would be immediately forthcoming because there was evidence found and there was apparent motive. Yet it took a couple of years for an arrest.

With most cases when not much is said by LE, the public is left wondering if it is a case of them not pursuing leads or if they are and they're just not revealing information about it. Before Dylan was found, I had some doubts about the LE in this case. But with the knowledge of the searches they've done that recovered Dylan and the searches done since then, I 100% believe they're just being careful, not lackadaisical. I mean, the concerted effort that went into the search that resulted in finding some of Dylan's remains is boggling to think of - gathering volunteers to search hundreds of square feet of rough terrain inch by inch to find even a small segment of bone or cloth in among all the ground cover that had accumulated - it had to have been very well thought out and methodical, and it shows me how determined they are to find justice for Dylan.

It's is just hard to wait. I hope it comes soon.

Do you mean ' what the heck is going on ? ' because I would like to know , too. So quiet up there. Surely there is lots of activity behind the scenes.

There must be, right? :please:

It should not take four months for ANY forensic processing these days, IMO, in an active murder case. My guess is they did not find anything to help bring charges against anyone at this point. Maybe some clues that would help later if a suspect is ever charged.

In the link I posted above, a month ago LE said they still had items out at the CBI lab. An unknown is -- what the backlog at that lab may be?

I check in here often. "Our little man" has to get Justice :please: And the one I think responsible is likely relaxing. Starting to think he has gotten away with it. Karma......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member