Search Warrants for MR's house and vehicles

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh lord, help me.

I would suggest getting the info straight from LE's PRs.

[FONT=&quot]This is the transcript TxJan did of the video (link at bottom)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]http://websleuths.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=29615&d=1360114263 This was found on W/S page 4 of media thread[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Melissa Blasius:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]When did you know something was wrong?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Mark Redwine:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Well, when I got home and he wasn’t here I didn’t think much of it at the time, because it’s not unlike him to go wandering off. He’ll walk down to the river across the street or you know he might go up into the campground where he can be next to the river up there. I didn’t think a whole lot of it. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]And, I had laid down and took a nap, which is something I try to do as much as I can when I’m not working because we always work, you know, 14-hour days. It feels good to be home. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]And, it was probably 2:30 by the time I realized that Dylan still is not home and so I’m thinkin’ well, if he ain’t gonna’ return my text messages and I ain’t hearing my phone ringing ‘cos he ain’t calling me, I [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]need to go find that boy. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]So, I stopped by his friend Tristan’s house, down across from the marina up here at the lake, and nobody answered the door. So, I’m thinking, well, I didn’t see his fishing pole, you know, and I thought maybe he had wandered off and went fishing so maybe he was with Tristan at the lake. So, I’m driving by the lake looking for him and Tristan and didn’t see anything…[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]As I was going down to Bayfield to check with Ryan, who I found at his friend Fernando’s house, and as soon as I went to Fernan…’cos I don’t know where all of them live –- but I knew a couple of ‘em live -- enough to get pointed in the right direction. First place I went, Boom… there’s Ryan and Fernando, and first words out of their mouth, “We haven’t heard from Dylan all day.”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]That’s when it hit me that something wasn’t right, and I immediately went to the Marshall’s office in Bayfield.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Do you remember what you told them? [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Well, I told them that I hadn’t heard from Dylan all day and I didn’t think much of it and when I got down to the Marshall’s Office or to his friend Ryan’s house or Fernando…anyway... when I ran across his friends and they hadn’t heard from him – then that’s when I went over to the Marshall’s Office and told them that, you know, we need to find him, make contact with him. They were going to put out like a wellness check or they just notify the local authorities to keep an eye out for him and make contact with him so somebody can “bang him in the head” and say, “Hey, your dad’s trying to get a hold of you. Your friends are trying to get a hold of you. You need to communicate to somebody. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]But at that moment in time…, I felt the need to address this issue with mom, so I immediately asked her had she heard from him and indicated to her that I hadn’t heard from him all day and that I was at the Marshall’s office taking care of this, and that’s when pretty much all hell broke loose with her. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Uncut video: [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGEwCBPy90w"]KUSA - Dylan Redwine - Dad's uncut interview - YouTube[/ame][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Sorry, I have to leave for while & didn't have a chance to get his lst or 2nd video, if someone can pull that please. It is one where he tells the reporter LE is a week behind, he told police about the fishing pole...
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]This is the transcript TxJan did of the video (link at bottom)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]http://websleuths.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=29615&d=1360114263 This was found on W/S page 4 of media thread[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]When did you know something was wrong?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Well, when I got home and he wasn’t here I didn’t think much of it at the time, because it’s not unlike him to go wandering off. He’ll walk down to the river across the street or you know he might go up into the campground where he can be next to the river up there. I didn’t think a whole lot of it. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]And, I had laid down and took a nap, which is something I try to do as much as I can when I’m not working because we always work, you know, 14-hour days. It feels good to be home. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]And, it was probably 2:30 by the time I realized that Dylan still is not home and so I’m thinkin’ well, if he ain’t gonna’ return my text messages and I ain’t hearing my phone ringing ‘cos he ain’t calling me, I [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]need to go find that boy. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]So, I stopped by his friend Tristan’s house, down across from the marina up here at the lake, and nobody answered the door. So, I’m thinking, well, I didn’t see his fishing pole, you know, and I thought maybe he had wandered off and went fishing so maybe he was with Tristan at the lake. So, I’m driving by the lake looking for him and Tristan and didn’t see anything…[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]As I was going down to Bayfield to check with Ryan, who I found at his friend Fernando’s house, and as soon as I went to Fernan…’cos I don’t know where all of them live –- but I knew a couple of ‘em live -- enough to get pointed in the right direction. First place I went, Boom… there’s Ryan and Fernando, and first words out of their mouth, “We haven’t heard from Dylan all day.”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]That’s when it hit me that something wasn’t right, and I immediately went to the Marshall’s office in Bayfield.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Do you remember what you told them? [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Well, I told them that I hadn’t heard from Dylan all day and I didn’t think much of it and when I got down to the Marshall’s Office or to his friend Ryan’s house or Fernando…anyway... when I ran across his friends and they hadn’t heard from him – then that’s when I went over to the Marshall’s Office and told them that, you know, we need to find him, make contact with him. They were going to put out like a wellness check or they just notify the local authorities to keep an eye out for him and make contact with him so somebody can “bang him in the head” and say, “Hey, your dad’s trying to get a hold of you. Your friends are trying to get a hold of you. You need to communicate to somebody. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]But at that moment in time…, I felt the need to address this issue with mom, so I immediately asked her had she heard from him and indicated to her that I hadn’t heard from him all day and that I was at the Marshall’s office taking care of this, and that’s when pretty much all hell broke loose with her. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Uncut video: KUSA - Dylan Redwine - Dad's uncut interview - YouTube[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Sorry, I have to leave for while & didn't have a chance to get his lst or 2nd video, if someone can pull that please. It is one where he tells the reporter LE is a week behind, he told police about the fishing pole...
[/FONT]

THANK YOU for posting this interview.

When people read this, imo, they need to keep in mind that Dylan was supposedly waiting for his Dad to return to give him a ride to his friend's house in Bayfield. But Mark does not address that at all. He just says he thought Dylan was wandering around aimlessly somewhere, and he was not concerned about it. Even though he supposedly called Dylan a couple of times that morning with no answer, and ALL of his belongings were gone. But he is still assuming Dylan is wandering around the campground by himself, so he lays down for a nap?

It is also very annoying after reading this, that he recently criticized LE for not taking it seriously, when he himself did not do so. He has a lot of nerve, imo.

THANK YOU for posting this interview.

When people read this, imo, they need to keep in mind that Dylan was supposedly waiting for his Dad to return to give him a ride to his friend's house in Bayfield. But Mark does not address that at all. He just says he thought Dylan was wandering around aimlessly somewhere, and he was not concerned about it. Even though he supposedly called Dylan a couple of times that morning with no answer, and ALL of his belongings were gone. But he is still assuming Dylan is wandering around the campground by himself, so he lays down for a nap?

It is also very annoying after reading this, that he recently criticized LE for not taking it seriously, when he himself did not do so. He has a lot of nerve, imo.

From what I've gathered throughout this case, Dylan comes and goes as he pleases, only checking in to say where he's "landed" for the night. If I gave my son free reign like that, I don't know that I would have panicked right away either. Well, being a mom, I probably would, but I know my husband wouldn't.

Somehow I fully believe had MR come home from errands and immediately reported Dylan missing, we'd be having the same type of MR bashing, but instead it would be because he reported him missing too soon. :bang:

From what I've gathered throughout this case, Dylan comes and goes as he pleases, only checking in to say where he's "landed" for the night. If I gave my son free reign like that, I don't know that I would have panicked right away either. Well, being a mom, I probably would, but I know my husband wouldn't.

Somehow I fully believe had MR come home from errands and immediately reported Dylan missing, we'd be having the same type of MR bashing, but instead it would be because he reported him missing too soon. :bang:

BBM

That is not true. That is from ER's description of what she said about the times D was visiting MR. And he would check in with his mom to tell her where he landed BECAUSE HE WAS STAYING WITH MARK> It was not her responsibility to keep tabs on what Dylan was doing while under Mark's supervision.

Did you red what Mark said about how closely he supervised Dylan? Didnt he say that he kept a very close check on him at all times because Dylan was his 'whole world'?

He did not need to immediately report him missing, but his story is very iNCONSISTENT. Earlier he said that he assumed Dylan had already met up with his friends, so he was not concerned. He just texted him and when he never got a reply, then he became concerned.

But in this version he says he assumed D was just wandering around the immediate area, so he took a nap. And then later, after not hearing back from him, he begins to look around, and then eventually drives to B-town.

MR's actions sound logical to me.

In hindsight, I'm sure he has beaten himself up a million times, like anyone in a similar situation would do.

BBM

That is not true. That is from ER's description of what she said about the times D was visiting MR. And he would check in with his mom to tell her where he landed BECAUSE HE WAS STAYING WITH MARK> It was not her responsibility to keep tabs on what Dylan was doing while under Mark's supervision.

Did you red what Mark said about how closely he supervised Dylan? Didnt he say that he kept a very close check on him at all times because Dylan was his 'whole world'?

He did not need to immediately report him missing, but his story is very iNCONSISTENT. Earlier he said that he assumed Dylan had already met up with his friends, so he was not concerned. He just texted him and when he never got a reply, then he became concerned.

But in this version he says he assumed D was just wandering around the immediate area, so he took a nap. And then later, after not hearing back from him, he begins to look around, and then eventually drives to B-town.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1212/03/ng.01.html

GRACE: So he gets there, and you say, Did your dad pick you up? And he says, Yes. Did he say where they were going? Were they going out to dinner? Were they going home to cook? What?

REDWINE: I never heard back from Dylan after that.

GRACE: So it was a very brief -- a very brief phone call.

REDWINE: Yes. And you know, it wasn`t a phone call, it was a text.

GRACE: Ah. Ah. Yes, yes. Thank you for correcting me. Question. When he has ever spent the night away -- I have yet to live through my first sleepover with the twins yet because they`re only 5. But when he would go to somebody else`s house, would he text you or call you before he goes to sleep at night?

REDWINE: Yes. Dylan always kept in touch with me because he knew I was the one paying the phone bill, and if he wouldn`t keep in touch with me, I would take his phone away and he didn`t want that. So he made sure that he always -- there was -- there was never a time I couldn`t account for where Dylan was because he was very good at letting me know where he was at all times.

GRACE: So Elaine, let me get this straight. You`re telling me that it would be unusual for him to go to sleep at the end of the day, if he were spending the night somewhere else, and not say, Good night, I`m going to sleep?

REDWINE: Well, not necessarily going to sleep, but he would let me know where he landed for the night. So like, if he was hanging around with his friends in Bayfield, you know, he would let me know what friend he was sleeping with that night or whatever the case may be. You know, he often did stay up later, so he didn`t always text me, but he would always generally text me in the morning when he woke up.

GRACE: Now, you didn`t hear from him since he touched down 7:06 PM. You didn`t hear from him the next morning. What did you make of that at the time?

REDWINE: You know, I didn`t really think anything of it just because, you know, when he`s been with his dad here before, which was over Labor Day weekend was the most recent since we`ve moved -- you know, he kind of did his own thing as far as with his friends. And so I would text him and be, like, you know, Are you having fun? And it wouldn`t be a prescribed time. It would just kind of be more throughout the day, just me, you know, telling him I loved him and just kind of reaching out to him.

But he -- you know, on a daily basis, he would definitely always get in touch with me and generally...

And then from TXJan's transcript:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8808034&postcount=77"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Dylan Redwine *Media , Maps & Timelines*[/ame]

Elaine Redwine:
Umm... As he always does, he texted me and let me know that his dad had picked him up, and that was the last time I heard from him.

Melissa Blasius:
What time of day was that?

Elaine Redwine:
That was at 7:06 p.m. on Sunday night, and I had not heard, I have not heard from him since then.

Melissa Blasius:
Did you try to get a hold of him on Monday?

Elaine Redwine:
I texted him. I texted him Sunday night, and I texted him Monday morning,
but, you know…it wasn’t uncharacteristic of Dylan not to text me back right away especially if he was with his friends which is what I kind of assumed
… umm…you know, had happened because I know he was really excited to see his friends, umm… so I really didn’t think much of it umm…. and then…that afternoon I got a text from his dad asking me if I knew where Dylan was.

Actually, she didn't say that only when he was at MR's house but just when he was spending the night with friends. She also says he always kept in touch because she paid the bill but wasn't concerned when he didn't respond that night or the next day. And technically, she texted him first to see if he arrived ok.

So what does that mean? Nothing. It means they are lax parents. Big deal. It may not be how I parent, but I'm not gonna judge.

There are discrepancies here. Does that mean I blame ER for harming Dylan? Of course not. It means she's a devastated mom whose son is missing.

I don't think this conversation was necessarily about whether MR should or should not have felt any differently when he hadn't heard from Dylan for a while. (at least for me it wasn't). Unless we personally know Dylan's personality and habits, none of us could make that judgement.

So MR wasn't overly concerned based on his knowledge of his own child, and I would guess that LE took that largely into consideration when they decided on their investigative path, especially in the first few days. All that is understandable to me. But obviously it is not understandable to MR, because 6 months after his child disappears, he issues a press statement criticizing the efforts of LE and the flaws in the alert system for missing children? I wouldn't be thinking about "systems" for missing children or whether someone did something wrong at the outset of the investigation. I consider all of that a defensive posture - none of which is geared to finding his child.

And I completely disagree that anyone would have bashed MR for reporting his son missing too soon. Although again, I have no criticism for MR's initial feelings or intuition that Dylan was okay.

MR's actions sound logical to me.

In hindsight, I'm sure he has beaten himself up a million times, like anyone in a similar situation would do.

Like I said earlier, this is what I would be doing instead of criticizing the system and LE. This would seem a much more natural reaction - but I have yet to hear any personal responsibility from MR.

Like I said earlier, this is what I would be doing instead of criticizing the system and LE. This would seem a much more natural reaction - but I have yet to hear any personal responsibility from MR.

If I had a child missing, I would be second guessing everyone and everything.

But that's just me.

I don't think this conversation was necessarily about whether MR should or should not have felt any differently when he hadn't heard from Dylan for a while. (at least for me it wasn't). Unless we personally know Dylan's personality and habits, none of us could make that judgement.

So MR wasn't overly concerned based on his knowledge of his own child, and I would guess that LE took that largely into consideration when they decided on their investigative path, especially in the first few days. All that is understandable to me. But obviously it is not understandable to MR, because 6 months after his child disappears, he issues a press statement criticizing the efforts of LE and the flaws in the alert system for missing children? I wouldn't be thinking about "systems" for missing children or whether someone did something wrong at the outset of the investigation. I consider all of that a defensive posture - none of which is geared to finding his child.

And I completely disagree that anyone would have bashed MR for reporting his son missing too soon. Although again, I have no criticism for MR's initial feelings or intuition that Dylan was okay.

I was speaking about when he first got home from his errands, not after he realized something was really wrong.

And as far as systems, look around WS. There are numerous parents who question why there was no alert when their child went missing. As I've stated before people who don't have missing kids can understand the criteria for an Amber Alert. If it's my child missing, I'm questioning everything LE does or doesn't do. It's human nature, I woud think. IMO

Why? MR is the one who put out the press release and the SW's - not LE.

Tricia stated she hasn't really kept up with the case. I was advising she should look at LE PRs throughout the whole 6 months Dylan has been missing rather than rely on posters' one sided view of the case. :seeya:

I've seen this sort of comment a few times and I never understand it. MR is expected to come out and tell the world, in female fashion, how bad he feels for running errands and leaving his nearly 14 year old son home alone for a few hours. And then he is supposed to beat himself up publicly for not realizing immediately that something was wrong and heaven help us all, he took a nap in his ignorance! Seriously, expecting that is nothing but a another version of how people don't like the guy. And no matter how you like him, it isn't evidence of anything.

I don't think most people realize there is a criteria that must be met when issuing an Amber Alert. I believe most people just think you sound the alarm far and wide that a child is missing and their description. I'd hazard to guess that many posters here, when they first read here or joined had a different idea of what an Amber Alert really is, until they hung around here awhile. I believe it's a general misconception that a vehicle description and plate number has to be involved to issue one.

Most people don't realize it's named after Amber Hagerman, the history of it and why it was made into law. JMO.

I've seen this sort of comment a few times and I never understand it. MR is expected to come out and tell the world, in female fashion, how bad he feels for running errands and leaving his nearly 14 year old son home alone for a few hours. And then he is supposed to beat himself up publicly for not realizing immediately that something was wrong and heaven help us all, he took a nap in his ignorance! Seriously, expecting that is nothing but a another version of how people don't like the guy. And no matter how you like him, it isn't evidence of anything.

So the above is what you got from this? Although again, I have no criticism for MR's initial feelings or intuition that Dylan was okay.

I would not expect him to beat himself up publicly any more than I would expect him to beat up LE's efforts.

Imo it is very odd that MR thought nothing of Dylan not being home when he got back. And that he dealt with it in such a casual manner. Especially if Dylan was unreachable by phone or text. I think most parents in that situation would freak out a bit. Not take a nap.

Many parents would call the police just based on a child not answering their phone. While that is extreme, I would think that if you left a child asleep "dead to the world" yet agreeing to wait for a ride at noon (however that works) and he/she has vanished, their things have vanished as if they were never there at all and you can't reach them...a nap would be like 847th on the list of things to do.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8813297&postcount=79"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Dylan Redwine *Media , Maps & Timelines*[/ame]

Melissa Blasius:
Do you blame yourself, too, a little bit?

Mark Redwine:
I… normally wouldn’t, but I do… I do blame myself. I relive this 1,000 times, and every time, it comes back to… I seen him laying on the couch and I didn’t try hard enough maybe to wake him up, to have him come with me, knowing that he had talked about going to spend time with his friends, and letting him sleep what he does so many times before…I beat myself up over that constantly. But that’s not… that’s not helping me… and it’s not helping Dylan.

I mean, it’s hard enough for any parent to have to deal with something like this, and, and and to sit here and beat yourself up over and over and over again about what you could have done differently, could have made the difference… is not helping me stay strong, which is what I feel like I need to do for Dylan.
I don’t know how to do it and I struggle with that every day, but it’s something that I believe that I have to dig down deeper and deeper every day to find the will and to find the strength to stay strong for him, because I believe that he needs both of his parents. He needs me to do that for him and I know he needs his mom to do that for him.

EXACTLY!

If what I am going to post is incorrect please correct me. It's important the information is right.

Mark Redwine waited all day to report Dylan missing. Even when he reported Dylan missing he gave the police the impression Dylan was probably fishing. Is that right?

Is there a main stream media article handy that backs up this information?

I'm asking because I want to ask Mr. Redwine about all of this. So my info needs to be spot on.

You all are the most incredible sleuths. Really Amazing.

Thank you for your help

Tricia Mark Redwine didn't report Dylan missing.

from the LPCSO press release

'Dylan was reported missing on Monday, November 19, 2012, when Dylan’s mother, Elaine Redwine, contacted the La Plata County Sheriff’s Office at about 5:30 PM to report that Dylan was missing from his father’s home in Vallecito. Mark Redwine, Dylan’s father, had previously contacted the Bayfield Marshal’s Office on the 19th attempting to learn if they had seen Dylan, and he then contacted Elaine asking if she had heard from Dylan.'

I've linked to a post by raine that shows the Press Release from the La Plata County Sherriffs Office.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9070775&postcount=106"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Dylan Redwine *Media , Maps & Timelines*[/ame]

So the above is what you got from this? Although again, I have no criticism for MR's initial feelings or intuition that Dylan was okay.

I would not expect him to beat himself up publicly any more than I would expect him to beat up LE's efforts.

No, I got it from this statement:
I have yet to hear any personal responsibility from MR.

I think once a person decides they don't like someone, that that person can't do anything right no matter what. Confirmation bias comes to mind as well.

Tricia Mark Redwine didn't report Dylan missing.

from the LPCSO press release

'Dylan was reported missing on Monday, November 19, 2012, when Dylan’s mother, Elaine Redwine, contacted the La Plata County Sheriff’s Office at about 5:30 PM to report that Dylan was missing from his father’s home in Vallecito. Mark Redwine, Dylan’s father, had previously contacted the Bayfield Marshal’s Office on the 19th attempting to learn if they had seen Dylan, and he then contacted Elaine asking if she had heard from Dylan.'

I've linked to a post by raine that shows the Press Release from the La Plata County Sherriffs Office.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Dylan Redwine *Media , Maps & Timelines*

I'm sorry, but if Tricia can get MR on her show, semantics of who officially reported Dylan missing is probably not one of the burning questions that should be asked. MOO

He contacted the Marshall's office. It's not like he went home and pretended nothing happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne