Search Warrants for MR's house and vehicles

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If there was more than one page don't you think there would be a staple(or staple mark) in the receipt pic? I assume they went to the office and typed this up then returned it to MR after they printed it off.

Of course the Search Warrant form is a template. I'm a paralegal and work with template forms all the time. Someone went into the form and input MR's name and DOB after "Defendant." I just think it's interesting :)

Yes, Lordeebee - go ahead and post them. Please do any necessary redacting first, though. That is the only reason I didn't use your original post (well, that and I needed to get them from a source other than facebook).

Thanks,

Salem

Thanks Salem,
The only one I'm referring to is the items seized list so I don't think it needs redacting but I'll make sure. I will post it as soon as I get home, from my computer.

Regarding the evidence/items seized, I would think that the forensics would be back by now since it's just short of six months since their collection. If that evidence pointed to MR, surely there would have been an arrest by now. The luminol results would have been apparent immediately and anything else would have been icing on the cake. I hate to say it, but I worry that LE has no clue what happened to Dylan. They have him at his father's house and then....nothing. More and more I think that Dylan walked out of that house and took a ride or was taken by the wrong person.

I don't know anything about the completeness of these documents as called out in other posts but I do agree with this post. If there was significant evidence of injury to Dylan found in any of the searches, that - coupled with the observed behavior from the father - would have resulted in an arrest IMO. Also IMO, this indicates to me that nothing significant was found in the searches and increases the likelihood that Dylan did indeed walk out the door and meet foul play away from the house. IMO LE did find enough evidence to assert that Dylan made it to the house but not enough to determine when or how he left or what happened when he did. I think there's a strong possibility that LE does not know what happened.:twocents:

Of course the Search Warrant form is a template. I'm a paralegal and work with template forms all the time. Someone went into the form and input MR's name and DOB after "Defendant." I just think it's interesting :)

Actually the template says "Defendants", plural. And since it was the home, vehicle, and other property of MR's, yes, his name and DOB was put there.

Regarding Search Warrants in general here, the "Defendants" would always be the owners of the property to be searched though wouldn't they? I think being named as the defendant on a search warrant form just implies that you are the person compelled to allow the search to proceed - even if you aren't necessarily a suspect.

Just a general observation that the word Defendants shouldn't be given any undue weight. I imagine that if search warrants were issued to any other family members, their names would appear as Defendants also?

Regarding Search Warrants in general here, the "Defendants" would always be the owners of the property to be searched though wouldn't they? I think being named as the defendant on a search warrant form just implies that you are the person compelled to allow the search to proceed - even if you aren't necessarily a suspect.

Just a general observation that the word Defendants shouldn't be given any undue weight. I imagine that if search warrants were issued to any other family members, their names would appear as Defendants also?

Exactly. Defendant always has a negative connotation. When someone gets sued, they are the defendant. They may be getting sued for something totally ridiculous and frivolous, but they're still the defendant.

I don't know if a SW was issued for Dylan's home with Elaine, but it seems it was searched IIRC. There would be lots to seek out there - records of communications with other individuals, digitally or otherwise, that would surely need to be checked out and followed up spring to mind.

I don't know if a SW was issued for Dylan's home with Elaine, but it seems it was searched IIRC. There would be lots to seek out there - records of communications with other individuals, digitally or otherwise, that would surely need to be checked out and followed up spring to mind.

Even if ER allowed the search without a SW, wouldn't she receive a receipt for things taken? I'd be interested to see that. It would put to rest the "defendant" note. MOO

I think there is another page of the items seized in the search that was not released. The right side of the page appears to have been cut off, I'm guessing with a paper cutter. It is not cut evenly top to bottom and the page is too narrow. If you look at the top right, it show Pg 1 and then you can see a partial character which was most likely the beginning of the word "of" as in "Pg 1 of 2˝. Not coincidentally Imo the last item on the list uses the last line on the form.

Referring to my above post, I am attaching the "items" seized list. I think the only way to get an adequate perspective is to put another page of the SW side by side, so I am also attaching page two for reference. For those interested, try blowing up the "items" list to see the partial character beside Pg 1. Also, I find it odd that the lines in the form run past the right margin - imo this would be very unusual for any template format.

Attachments

• Search Warrant Pg 2.jpg
    Search Warrant Pg 2.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 82
  • Search Warrant Pg 5.jpg
    Search Warrant Pg 5.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 84
You mean you think it probably occurred like Mark believes it did? Unpossible. I mean, look at all of the evidence and stuff, like...wait...still thinking...well I'm sure it's there because he just looks like a meanie and his demeanor is unusual. Or something.

What do think about a video that LE seized?

Referring to my above post, I am attaching the "items" seized list. I think the only way to get an adequate perspective is to put another page of the SW side by side, so I am also attaching page two for reference. For those interested, try blowing up the "items" list to see the partial character beside Pg 1. Also, I find it odd that the lines in the form run past the right margin - imo this would be very unusual for any template format.

I do not see the difference between what you posted and what Salem has on photo bucket. What am I missing?

was mentioned ^ thread, re tests on items from house likely are back

wonder if they are doing more..

News Release: LPCSO Update on Investigation of Disappearance of Dylan Redwine
Date/ Time: 4:00PM MST Tuesday March 19th 2013
Source: Dan Bender, PIO La Plata County Sheriff’s Office Durango, Colorado
Investigators are reviewing recent information including tips, interviews, and reports generated since last November, seeking links that may be helpful as they plan and conduct future searches and interviews, and determine additional evidence analysis needs.

BBM

that statement had me curious, wonder what additional analysis?

search of house,etc was Nov, this statement was in March

new tests, further tests on items already tested ??

:waitasec:

I do not see the difference between what you posted and what Salem has on photo bucket. What am I missing?

I don't either. You can see the documents are sitting on something, maybe a counter? The problem is, they aren't scanned, it's very hard to take a picture of a piece of paper and get it just right where it can be read in it's entirety.

I don't either. You can see the documents are sitting on something, maybe a counter? The problem is, they aren't scanned, it's very hard to take a picture of a piece of paper and get it just right where it can be read in it's entirety.

The property seized paper is a form that gets filled out. It wouldn't have a template.

It isn't just you, I also noticed what I thought was a partial character on the edge of the "seized" list, and wonder why that one picture was taken so crooked (part of the page is not visible). Although it could just be a lousy shot and a mark on the copier.

But I also found it strange that there was not a line and note at the bottom "Nothing to follow" with a date as I have seen on other lists like this (indicating the list is complete).

The form is an FBI form, FD-597. As such, it is expected that it would be consistent - usually takes almost an act of Congress to change a federal form AFAIK. Ths form template was last updated in 1994.

I searched for the form but was unable to find it on the FBI's website. I did find a copy of a blank one here: (page 5 of the PDF) http://www.stopfbi.net/sites/default/files/6-Blank forms.pdf

What stands out to me on that blank form is the page number format. All examples I could find online did have page numbers in the format of Page _____ of _____.

This next example is linked as a completed computer version of the form only, and is not related to this case.

http://media.star-telegram.com/smedia/2012/04/12/20/34/b2KxY.So.58.pdf

What stands out to me on this completed form is that only the last page of the three page receipt has a signature line. As Ghostwheel points out, other examples I found online have a line and the words "Nothing Follows" on the last page of the receipt.

A third thing I noticed on the MR form is that it was signed by Tom Cowing, an investigator with the sheriff's department, even though it is an FBI form. I would have thought La Plata County would have their own form. It probably means nothing; I just felt it was an interesting mix.

I don't know what to think of all this, given that apparently nothing significant came of whatever they found during the search.

And I have to wonder where the other page with the tear at the top left is. If you look at the first page posted, (It has a courthouse stamp marked Nov 29), there is a tear (like where there might have been a staple) in the upper left corner, and there is a visible page with a similar tear right beneath it. Pages 3 and 4 are the same picture (a second page, I think from 12SW177). Take note that the SW dated Nov 29 ends at *(4), and the 2 "second" pages start at *(3). ETA: I don't believe page 2 of 12SW179 is in the set of SW pictures

Redacted bigger pic attached (called pg 3-1st page of Nov 29 warrant).

Attachments

• Search Warrant Pg 3.png
    Search Warrant Pg 3.png
    322 KB · Views: 49
The form is an FBI form, FD-597. As such, it is expected that it would be consistent - usually takes almost an act of Congress to change a federal form AFAIK. Ths form template was last updated in 1994.

I searched for the form but was unable to find it on the FBI's website. I did find a copy of a blank one here: (page 5 of the PDF) http://www.stopfbi.net/sites/default/files/6-Blank forms.pdf

What stands out to me on that blank form is the page number format. All examples I could find online did have page numbers in the format of Page _____ of _____.

This next example is linked as a completed computer version of the form only, and is not related to this case.

http://media.star-telegram.com/smedia/2012/04/12/20/34/b2KxY.So.58.pdf

What stands out to me on this completed form is that only the last page of the three page receipt has a signature line. As Ghostwheel points out, other examples I found online have a line and the words "Nothing Follows" on the last page of the receipt.

A third thing I noticed on the MR form is that it was signed by Tom Cowing, an investigator with the sheriff's department, even though it is an FBI form. I would have thought La Plata County would have their own form. It probably means nothing; I just felt it was an interesting mix.

I don't know what to think of all this, given that apparently nothing significant came of whatever they found during the search.

What I noted on there is that the form is not signed(no signature line) until the completion of the list. Which tells me there is only one page.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne