Search Warrants Unsealed Shacknai Zahau

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Hope the 911 calls are released soon. They should be very informative. They're public record in California. Wonder why the sheriff's dept is holding them back, and at whose bidding?

The 911 tapes are in possession of Coronado police dispatch. The Coronado city attorney claims the 911 tapes are not public records because they are investigatory files compiled by a local police agency. It would be perfectly legal for Coronado to release the 911 calls, but they don't want to. They prefer to sit back and wait for the media to take them to court (again). Since they are denying access to the 911 tapes under the California Public Records Act, if they lose the court battle they will have to pay the media’s attorney fees and court costs.

The 911 tapes are in possession of Coronado police dispatch. The Coronado city attorney claims the 911 tapes are not public records because they are investigatory files compiled by a local police agency. It would be perfectly legal for Coronado to release the 911 calls, but they don't want to. They prefer to sit back and wait for the media to take them to court (again). Since they are denying access to the 911 tapes under the California Public Records Act, if they lose the court battle they will have to pay the media’s attorney fees and court costs.

Wow, interesting. Thank you for this info. I wonder why they don't want to release them, even to the point of possibly having to pay the media's attorney fees and court costs.

ETA: More wasting of taxpayer money, correct? Just release them already! What is the big deal?

What are the odds and on what grounds would they win? This is so tedious of LE. What are they hiding for whom and why...

Hi all,
I have been meaning to make my first post for some time so here goes...I happened upon Rebecca's story quite by accident on radaronline.com and when I googled her name, this was one of the sites that came up. Since then I have spent so many nights reading and reading and reading, and it's crazy to me cause I'm not even browsing on a proper notebook or PC, just my BB. For someone who just initially had a passing interest in this case I have gone through thread upon thread and been through every single thing you guys have posted on Rebecca since the beginning.I see that opinions here are so different and you guys butt heads sometimes, but I guess it's just the nature of the beast sometimes, and I have to say kudos to you all because this is an awesome place to be .
The discussions are phenomenal and I think you guys have thought of every single possibility. I appreciate the views of those that think this was a suicide, but I really think that the reason this case is still around and will continue to stick around is that the circumstances surrounding it were so strange, hinky as you guys say. And with every piece of evidence revealed, the plot continues to thicken. I just can't see it, I can't see this scenario happening that LE has so neatly packaged all tied up with a little bow on top. At the very least I think that the people who loved this girl need some answers too. Has there been any piece of evidence that has come out of that crazy press conference that hasn't been able to be picked apart? This missing voicemail, the text message from the ex-wife's twin sister, who, strangely enough, LE failed to say was even on that hemisphere of the world and let alone had contact with Rebecca the very day she died, the music/screams...I could go on and on and on. If this case was so cut and dried then why are so many people still so interested? Last month sometime I went across to the funeral home site and took in the memorial video (I can't bring myself to look at the "other" pics just quite yet :(. This vibrant, beautiful young woman just winds up dead one day, on the heels of a tragic accident, and all LE seems to be offering is a sorry bunch of maybes and this is what we think happened. And i'm sorry but to a lot of people that just ain't cutting it. I think this case, this death is gonna keep nipping at all the Shacknais heels until people find out what really happened, based on evidence that we can see and believe and not because someone tells us it was so. I am glad that evidence and documents are now starting to be released and I certainly hope to hear the 911 calls soon. Wishful thinking maybe :-s ? Sorry for my long hello post but I guess I just wanted to publicly say hi to all of you and thanks for doing this wonderful thing by keeping these cases alive that would have probably been swept under the rug. This is a pretty great place to be and I hope we all get some answers soon. :D. MOO, Fari.

Sorry I think I double posted and not entirely sure how to delete it. My apologies u guys. I'm such a noob. :floorlaugh:

Hi FariM! Welcome to Websleuths!!

Sorry I think I double posted and not entirely sure how to delete it. My apologies u guys. I'm such a noob. :floorlaugh:

GLAD TO SEE YOU FariM!!
WELCOME!
I still consider myself a 'noob' too, and still make rookie mistakes myself.
Thanks for your thoughts on this perplexing case.
Keep 'em coming!
:seeya:

I find particularly intriguing that during press-conference LE said they were contacted by the hospital on July 14 because Max's condition had worsen. Previously it was supposedly stable. From the search warrants we find that was not the case-LE was called to the hospital because doctor suspected suffocation. Not because Max's stable condition had worsened. That very same idea is used as a basis for suicide-that RN was told Max was going to die contrary to prior more positive reports and that's why she killed herself. From the autopsy, I don't see what positive reports there were, or that there was any worsening of the condition. It doesn't add up to me at all.

He was away for hours anyway. I know it was to sleep supposedly, but given the situation would it really have been so unthinkable to take two more hours and go to your house. This wasn't just some 'suicide scene', it was supposedly his partner who was participating fully in his life and their life together. But, you're right, he seems to be acting like she was nothing basically.

TIME: :goodpost:

I find particularly intriguing that during press-conference LE said they were contacted by the hospital on July 14 because Max's condition had worsen. Previously it was supposedly stable. From the search warrants we find that was not the case-LE was called to the hospital because doctor suspected suffocation. Not because Max's stable condition had worsened. That very same idea is used as a basis for suicide-that RN was told Max was going to die contrary to prior more positive reports and that's why she killed herself. From the autopsy, I don't see what positive reports there were, or that there was any worsening of the condition. It doesn't add up to me at all.

I hope we learn more soon... now we find Nina somehow had accusations that were different than suffocation right off the bat and we have to question if Jonah was telling the truth about being told Max's condition worsened right before Rebeca committed suicide. Someone posted about the later the other day saying it wasn't possible (as I remember), but not sure where it is now.

:)

I don't know when I wrote that, but now it appears just, well even more so and we can include the SDSO, Nina, Dina... who else!

LOL a little over a month ago. Just trying to catch up. I find it interesting that Nina's story has changed now with the "eyewitness." At first all I heard was that she tried to "contact" Rebecca but Rebecca did not return her call. Now that there is an eyewitness that said someone with Dina's description went up to the house on the evening of her death.

Did I miss something ? Does the thread end here? Happy Vet's day btw :)

Attachment H - Search Warrant Testimony

(some text highlighted by me)

Thank you STS for making the search warrant "easier" for me to read. It seems so strange to ask for "names of informants", and other information be "SEALED" so that the person/persons involved can destroy or hide evidence.
Hmmmmm....Rebecca died over a week before this document was requested and approved by a judge!!
XZ was gone from Coronado before RZ died!
AS left for Tennessee, IIRC.

So, who was left behind to destroy evidence?
If any "bell ringers" would like to "chime in" on the search warrant...I would be interested on your interpretation/spin/opinion of how a dead woman could "destroy evidence" 10 days after her death?

Thank you STS for making the search warrant "easier" for me to read. It seems so strange to ask for "names of informants", and other information be "SEALED" so that the person/persons involved can destroy or hide evidence.
Hmmmmm....Rebecca died over a week before this document was requested and approved by a judge!!
XZ was gone from Coronado before RZ died!
AS left for Tennessee, IIRC.

So, who was left behind to destroy evidence?
If any "bell ringers" would like to "chime in" on the search warrant...I would be interested on your interpretation/spin/opinion of how a dead woman could "destroy evidence" 10 days after her death?

Could you please elaborate on the SW info you're referring to? It sounds interesting but I cant read the docs on this tablet. TIA

Could you please elaborate on the SW info you're referring to? It sounds interesting but I cant read the docs on this tablet. TIA

Okay BETTY P...I'll try to get you to the search warrant. It is 14 pages long and is on the Attachment H supplied by STS on post #23.
You have to log in and then put your cursor on the page and push enter.
The pdf file then opens up.

The search warrant was requested almost 10 days after Rebecca's death and specifically requests the information be sealed from the public to protect the identiy of confidential informants and stop individuals from destroying evidence.I apologize for not being able to provide the "pics" of the search warrant the way STS does, (I just don't have enough computer skills to manage it:blushing:) but at the very least, I can tell you where and how to access it.
After reading it, IMO, Det Adkins felt it was necessary to keep a lot of the info confidential....until/if attorneys and their clients needed it during discovery. (???)
Anyway, that is how I INTERPRETED THE INFORMATION. And of course why I am so willing to put the info out for discourse with my fellow sleuthers. Afterall, Rebecca was dead. Who did Det Adkins think would destroy evidence?So in a nutshell...my link is to post #23 on thread SCOOTER THEORY - FAILURE ANALYSIS ONLY posted yesterday, search warrant testimony.

Hope this works!Attachment H - Search Warrant Testimony

(some text highlighted by me)
Attached Thumbnails

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member