Search Warrants Unsealed Shacknai Zahau

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
LE also stated that a tragic accident took place with Max. Yet that doesn't stop some people from speculating.

If the child's own father has requested a review, then it is understandable why others also question the ruling in the child's death.

JMO

If the child's own father has requested a review, then it is understandable why others also question the ruling in the child's death.

JMO

Jonah has asked for a review of both cases, not just Max's. So does that mean that it is also understandable why others question the ruling in Rebecca's death? Rebecca's family is wanting her case to be re-opened. Dina has her own investigation going in Max's case. Both families are not sure that the ME/LE did a complete investigation the first time around. And yet there are those that are positive that Rebecca's case is completely accurate and that Max's is not.

I'm not sure why one family is being put above and in higher importance than the other.

MOO

Jonah has asked for a review of both cases, not just Max's. So does that mean that it is also understandable why others question the ruling in Rebecca's death? Rebecca's family is wanting her case to be re-opened. Dina has her own investigation going in Max's case. Both families are not sure that the ME/LE did a complete investigation the first time around. And yet there are those that are positive that Rebecca's case is completely accurate and that Max's is not.

I'm not sure why one family is being put above and in higher importance than the other.

MOO

Jonah is being gracious in asking for a review of RZ's death investigation. He knows the Zahau family is having trouble accepting the results.

MOO

I didn't suggest Jonah's request was just for Max's case. The same investigators/ME handled both cases. That said, Jonah's letter does not question the completeness of the investigation nor does he request it be re-opened, he requests the AG review the investigation and protocols.

If Rebecca's family wants LE to re-open their investigation, why haven't they requested it? Nearly three weeks ago, their lawyer said they intended to make such a request.

I accept LE's determination of suicide because I don't believe they are corrupt and would lie about it as some others believe.

all, JMO

Or Jonah's request is self-serving.

"In the time between Zahau's death and the Sept. 2 announcement, public speculation about the case flourished, including allegations left on media websites that Jonah or Adam Shacknai had killed Zahau. Jonah Shacknai has asked the state attorney general's office to review the investigation and its conclusion in hopes of ending what he termed the "unrelenting and often vicious speculation and innuendo in certain media outlets" that is agonizing his family and keeping the Zahau family from accepting that Rebecca Zahau committed suicide."

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-0922-mansion-death-20110922,0,44787.story

I do not believe LE is lying and corrupt.. I believe lax, maybe not thorough.. Proven with the phone records not being subpoenaed til August 24th.. Those lying IMO are NOT LE.. it is those involved I believe to be corrupt and liars..

Jonah is being gracious in asking for a review of RZ's death investigation. He knows the Zahau family is having trouble accepting the results.

Do you know him personally in order to be able to make a statement like that regarding his motivations?

I didn't suggest Jonah's request was just for Max's case. The same investigators/ME handled both cases. That said, Jonah's letter does not question the completeness of the investigation nor does he request it be re-opened, he requests the AG review the investigation and protocols.

If Rebecca's family wants LE to re-open their investigation, why haven't they requested it? Nearly three weeks ago, their lawyer said they intended to make such a request.

I accept LE's determination of suicide because I don't believe they are corrupt and would lie about it as some others believe.

all, JMO

So then you accept the same investigators and ME's finding on MS's death?

Most of the public are well aware by his PR letter that JS is not questioning the investigation into RZ's death. It is patently obvious to me.

The examiner's opinion is part of the test results. The examiner is the certified expert, you and I are not. The ME is also an expert. Evidently, the experts concluded they had enough information necessary to form the conclusion it was suicide.

JMO

No, I do not believe that an opinion is part of test results. The test was inconclusive...the examiners opinion was added.

ITA!! And tho I find it shocking to send this information thru a text to begin with.. If, however Adam was under the impression that Jonah was by his son's bedside I could possibly understand a text, but I believe more appropriate wouldve been that there's been something horrible happen need to speak with you ASAP.. but no, he puts the info out there like it's relaying that your car is ready for pick up from the shop by his coldly texting "Rebecca hung herself".. Period end of text..

But what I find to be the most suspicious and who I find the most fault with in not adding up is Jonah Shacknai's reaction.. As we all know he was not at his sons bedside.. He'd not been with his son for the last 6 hrs.. So there would be nothing to prohibit him from immediately upon receiving the text calling Adam's phone in shock asking WTH happened? And what does he mean Rebecca hung herself? Hung herself on what?? What are you saying?? Are you saying that Rebecca is dead??

These are normal responses and I don't care who you are I know that when anyone receives a text out of the blue, with no prior knowledge of what was occurring, therefor no anticipation whatsoever that your significant other of 2 yrs was in any way in danger.. Upon receiving a text that stated "Rebecca hung herself" one would immediately need and have to know more for one's brain to even be able to absorb what it was that the text is saying.. Does that make sense??

It should.. Because without prior knowledge one would not know what to make of "Rebecca hung hersel".. Hung herself on what? Is she alive or dead? Because you don't know squat from a text that simply states "Rebecca hung herself".. UNLESS.. you have prior knowledge and were anticipating or expecting to hear this news..

Jonah did not so much as even send a text back to Adam asking for any explanation or clarification on WTH happened.. That is not strange to some?? How??

He doesn't ask anything but instead then makes a call to his ex wife at the hospital telling her that " Rebecca killed herself".. There is something very very wrong with this!! And a normal person would not be able to personally even absorb such a short traumatic text as meaning their significant other was dead.. But Jonah understands fully and needs no explanation nor clarification of ANYTHING!! he doesn't even just repeat what was said in the text but he takes it a step further moments later when calling his ex wife by saying " Rebecca KILLED herself".. He was certain of this and there was no question in his mind and he was passing along the news as if were as simple as a "good morning" greeting you say to a stranger in passing.. Cold and with zero feeling whatsoever!!!

I also believe that LE must have found it somewhat odd as well for them to actually not only make mention of these communications but to in detail along with the precise time of the texts and calls they even state what the exact words of the text and phone call were.. If it were meaningless why even bother to mention it much less actually write up the exact wording in a permanent court document??

There is something very wrong, as I just explained ^above^ and IMO everyone should be able to clearly see that these communications are in no way normal, nor are they the words, and reactions of an individual that has zero prior knowledge or anticipation of the death.. They are indicative of the exact opposite and it's chilling IMO.. Downright chilling!!

Thank you for this eloquent and thoughtful post. I agree 100%. I tried to put this into words and gave up a few times. You did a great job in pointing out the exact problem I have with the text. It was not the text itself, but the context and subsequent actions/inactions.

But you were ok about making judgements about the S's and whether they were with MS the entire time in another thread.

We are talking about a young woman who leads her life as she chooses. Rebecca was a VICTIM. In the other thread I was talking about a very young boy, on his death bed, without his father constantly by his side patting his hand, making soothing sounds, watching his son's face for any movement.

So shoot me!

It has been alluded to several times that the dissenters are JS cronies or whatever. Since I know for a fact that I am not one, it concerns me that paranoia is slipping in. Is it common to have people infiltrate? Why would anyone pay to have someone argue with a couple of strangers on a message board? It's apparent that minds do not change so what's the point?

It has been alluded to several times that the dissenters are JS cronies or whatever. Since I know for a fact that I am not one, it concerns me that paranoia is slipping in. Is it common to have people infiltrate? Why would anyone pay to have someone argue with a couple of strangers on a message board? It's apparent that minds do not change so what's the point?

In my opinion since following cases, when someone new signs up for an acct. and posts opinions which are in the minority of others, they are often thought of as paid posters, to try and persuade opinions. I enjoy everyones posts, and opinions.

That makes sense. But im thinking he should hire more if he wants to get the job done. Theres about 3 of us! I never had a reason to sleuth a case before. But unfortunately, I have a personal connection to this one. I wish I was getting paid! I just think it's kind of insulting to label others who have different opinions as being sneaky conspirators. Thank you for answering my question kindly

In my opinion since following cases, when someone new signs up for an acct. and posts opinions which are in the minority of others, they are often thought of as paid posters, to try and persuade opinions. I enjoy everyones posts, and opinions.

Ironic perhaps that among those being alleged as hired PR reps, they keep discounting Wecht and any other "expert" dissenting from LE's unilateral verdict as being suspect as well since they are being "paid". I prefer to assume that there may be valid opinions on either side - even SD LE, even after their apparent miscues.

Now, a press organ like TMZ, which latches onto many spectacular crime stories, has been totally mum on this one, right in their backyard virtually. They seem to have gotten the directive from Sitrick to ignore this story. Sign on San Diego and the LA Times have been pretty darn lame in their "investigative" side, behind the curve and almost apologetic for SD LE tortured reasonings. What their motives might be, I don't know for sure......

That makes sense. But im thinking he should hire more if he wants to get the job done. Theres about 3 of us! I never had a reason to sleuth a case before. But unfortunately, I have a personal connection to this one. I wish I was getting paid! I just think it's kind of insulting to label others who have different opinions as being sneaky conspirators. Thank you for answering my question kindly

What is your personal connection?

Hi thinkingstraight and welcome to websleuths. There are many cases being discussed here at WS. I know the new posters will enjoy helping with other cases. Have you been verified as an insider by WS?

I do not believe LE is lying and corrupt.. I believe lax, maybe not thorough.. Proven with the phone records not being subpoenaed til August 24th.. Those lying IMO are NOT LE.. it is those involved I believe to be corrupt and liars..

I said this earlier so sorry for the repeat, but my best guess is that LE determined early on that they could not easily identify a suspect and probably could not convict someone if they did, so they went the easy route. I know this is a serious claim, but I have seen it in other cases and it seems to me across the country and particularly in California the prosecutors like to claim abnormally high conviction rates and they do not like to claim unsolved cases (unless they have to).

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shannonrae102277
Back