Search Warrants Unsealed Shacknai Zahau

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thank you, SmoothOperation for a fantastic post. It may be a moot point though :( I just turned on the local SD news, and the SAG is unwilling to to review the deaths.

The state attorney general has declined to review the investigation into two July deaths at the Spreckels mansion in Coronado, saying the request did not fit the circumstances under which the office would take up such a task.

Source:

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2011/sep/22/state-ag-wont-review-deaths-spreckels-mansion/

Shacknai thanked Harris for considering his request.

However, RZ's phone records will be examined, along with any other new evidence that may be presented.

MOO

Mel

Again, can someone humor me and show me where Adam used the exact sentence, "she hung herself" can someone show me that he did not try some other form of communication? And where is it that that is all he communicated to his brother at that time. This is an honest inquiry as I am interpreting the warrant completely different that anyone else. Thank you!

The search warrants state that the Medicis CEO, who was reportedly at his son's bedside at Rady Children's Hospital at the time of Rebecca's death, told cops that: "He [Jonah Shacknai] received a text message from his brother, Adam Shacknai, on July 13, 2011 at about 06:48, advising that Rebecca had hung herself."

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusiv...rebecca-zahau-death-text-message-brother-adam

But you don't seem to want anyone here who believe it was suicide and may argue for it.

I don't know that I have said anything like that. I feel you are reading others opinions, maybe mine(?), as they don't WANT that. If I say I don't see how this could be suicide or somewhere along the line I say something to counter what was said - isn't that just called debate? No one here that believes it's murder need keep saying they believe it's suicide. There is an entire thread on the 'suicide' theory. I'm not even sure if I've posted there, if so it's been pretty darn minimal. That's because I don't have anything to say that would support that.

I'm not hired by any PR firm. Seems like most of the posters here and elsewhere just want discussion on murder possibilities and want anyone who believes it was suicide to just go away.

It's the back and forth that gives the site it's zest and also hopefully aids in ferreting out the truth, or at least debunking false or questionable logics. Now what side may be right, well that's the mystery......

I'd be surprised if the pr firm actually sent someone here to post. Maybe, but I'd think they're spending more time lobbying major media and political and legal authorities. What can't be denied is that the pr firm was hired and they are likely earning the big bucks they charge.

Your second statement on Adams polygraph, seems to refute your first statement. Are you saying Adam was forced to take the polygraph test, or that he chose to take the polygraph test?

Either scenario, the outcome is the same. Inconclusive. Interpretation by the examiner is useless.

I'm saying Adam volunteered to take a polygraph and my opinion is supported by the news articles such as the LA Times article already posted that also state he volunteered.

A polygraph test is administered and results are interpretated by the examiner. It is not purely a scientific test.

It is your opinion that the expert's opinion is useless and I do not agree with you and apparently neither does LE because AS has not been named a suspect nor have they concluded a crime was committed.

I'm saying Adam volunteered to take a polygraph and my opinion is supported by the news articles such as the LA Times article already posted that also state he volunteered.

A polygraph test is administered and results are interpretated by the examiner. It is not purely a scientific test.

It is your opinion that the expert's opinion is useless and I do not agree with you and apparently neither does LE because AS has not been named a suspect nor have they concluded a crime was committed.

http://www.cbs8.com/story/15520745/s...ounts-reported

From the comments under the article.

"Jack Trimarco -- an ex-FBI agent that ran the polygraph division for the bureau in Los Angeles -- says another lie detector test needs to be given to Adam Shacknai. For someone with Paul Redden's credentials and reputation, to say that he wasn't able to draw a conclusion, but FELT Adam Shacknai was telling the truth, simply isn't acceptable. Polygraphers don't let emotions or gut feeling or observations to include body language, and verbalizations taint the results," Trimarco says. Trimarco said he would be willing to conduct another polygraph test of Adam Shacknai, and any other witnesses in the investigation. If the test is inconclusive, as it was in this case, you state that you have no opinion, period, end of discussion. This means you run another test, with new questions. Polygraphers aren't trained to judge people's feelings, it's just not something we do, or have the capability of doing. Adam Shacknai needs to be given another polygraph test, Trimarco says"

I think I'll go with the FBI expert.

Detective Keith James asked for records linked to at least one landline phone at the mansion on Ocean Boulevard between July 11, when Shacknai’s son, Max, was injured, and July 13.

The detective also seized surveillance videos, recorded on DVDs, of the entrances at Rady Children’s Hospital where Max was treated. According to the documents, investigators wanted the DVDs to help determine Shacknai’s whereabouts between July 11 and July 13.

A third warrant, signed July 22, shows that Coronado police seized several items from the mansion, including an ornate chandelier found in the trash, a black T-shirt, electrical wire, a silver Razor scooter and a soccer ball. All of the items had been found and photographed in the stairwell of the home, shortly after Max was injured.
http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/...wont-review-deaths-spreckels-mansion/_NWe-tAb

WoW!! I'm really just dumbfounded at this.. LE executes a warrant on July 22(well after Rebecca's death so she can't be blamed as throwing away these items)all of the ^above^ items are pulled from the "trash".. Maxie's little scooter.. That hurts my heart :(

The search warrants state that the Medicis CEO, who was reportedly at his son's bedside at Rady Children's Hospital at the time of Rebecca's death, told cops that: "He [Jonah Shacknai] received a text message from his brother, Adam Shacknai, on July 13, 2011 at about 06:48, advising that Rebecca had hung herself."

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusiv...rebecca-zahau-death-text-message-brother-adam

Thank you. But, what I'm asking is, in the warrant, is there a statement that says that Adam texted his brother, "She hung herself" then just left it at that? Is this a direct quote from Adam's cell phone? I really don't need a radar online quote. Could it be possible that this was not all he said, and not all he communicated and that perhaps this was not his first attempt at communication?

There are so many threads etc. I don't really know where to post this. But there are a couple things within the search warrant that I find odd. I apologize if this has already been discussed.
1. The times, hours stated in the search warrant regarding the comings and goings of DS and JS to hospital vary from line to line. They are inconsistent in this document. It states one time frame in the beginning, then down to line 19 it states different times. This is in the same report. Perhaps I'm misinterpreting it.
2. I find it odd that it states DS left the hospital at 0800 and did not return until 2000 that night. That's 12 hours of time without her child.
3. JS receives a text message from AS regarding RS. Isn't it ODD that a call wasn't placed regarding the death of his girlfriend.
4. AS's polygraph inconclusive. the polygrapher "felt" he was truthful. That is a different sort of opinionated statement from an unbiased party. I don't believe you would hear the opposite; inconclusive but I think he was being dishonest. Not likely. IMOO.

http://www.cbs8.com/story/15520745/s...ounts-reported

From the comments under the article.

"Jack Trimarco -- an ex-FBI agent that ran the polygraph division for the bureau in Los Angeles -- says another lie detector test needs to be given to Adam Shacknai. For someone with Paul Redden's credentials and reputation, to say that he wasn't able to draw a conclusion, but FELT Adam Shacknai was telling the truth, simply isn't acceptable. Polygraphers don't let emotions or gut feeling or observations to include body language, and verbalizations taint the results," Trimarco says. Trimarco said he would be willing to conduct another polygraph test of Adam Shacknai, and any other witnesses in the investigation. If the test is inconclusive, as it was in this case, you state that you have no opinion, period, end of discussion. This means you run another test, with new questions. Polygraphers aren't trained to judge people's feelings, it's just not something we do, or have the capability of doing. Adam Shacknai needs to be given another polygraph test, Trimarco says"

I think I'll go with the FBI expert.

I think he's EX-FBI for a good reason. I'll go with the expert who gave the test.

JMO

There are so many threads etc. I don't really know where to post this. But there are a couple things within the search warrant that I find odd. I apologize if this has already been discussed.
1. The times, hours stated in the search warrant regarding the comings and goings of DS and JS to hospital vary from line to line. They are inconsistent in this document. It states one time frame in the beginning, then down to line 19 it states different times. This is in the same report. Perhaps I'm misinterpreting it.
2. I find it odd that it states DS left the hospital at 0800 and did not return until 2000 that night. That's 12 hours of time without her child.
3. JS receives a text message from AS regarding RS. Isn't it ODD that a call wasn't placed regarding the death of his girlfriend. Yes phones are turned off at hospitals, however this call came in at 0648 and according to time line, would have still been at his hotel. The warrant did not say AS attempted to call and then was unable to reach JS, therefore texted.
4. AS's polygraph inconclusive. the polygrapher "felt" he was truthful. That is a different sort of opinionated statement from an unbiased party. I don't believe you would hear the opposite; inconclusive but I think he was being dishonest. Not likely. IMOO.

Why WOULD the warrant go into how many times AS tried to contact JS or in how many ways or why he chose that way?

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/...wont-review-deaths-spreckels-mansion/_NWe-tAb

WoW!! I'm really just dumbfounded at this.. LE executes a warrant on July 22(well after Rebecca's death so she can't be blamed as throwing away these items)all of the ^above^ items are pulled from the "trash".. Maxie's little scooter.. That hurts my heart :(

She still could have thrown all these things away immediately after MS's accident. Remember, the Zahau sisters say that XZ cleaned up the broken chandelier.

I have been nothing but cordial as was my post in which the ^above^ is a reply.. I came into this with a complete open mind, and am 100% open to what evidence comes to light and if i have an opinion one way or the other about the evidence I express that opinion.. That is what a message board is for.. I have no dog in this fight.. Either way and no preconceived notions.. Unlike yourself who has expressed that you have a personal connection to this case..

People are going to continue to give their opinions on the evidence as it continues to come to light.. You have every right to expect cordial and I have been nothing but cordial in my replies, but as for not liking that people have opinions about issues that you disagree with that is part of what goes on in discussing a case.. In a cordial fashion that will continue just as it has.

Oh my goodness, I didn't mean you haven't been cordial at all. In fact, I thought I thanked you for your post. But you'll just have to take my word for it that my opinions have not been received as graciously by some.

I'm not sure if you are asking me a question, I was just stating that to contact someone of a death via text is unusual. The fact that it's in the report as such, means he didn't dial digits. Just an observation.

I think he's EX-FBI for a good reason.[/B] I'll go with the expert who gave the test.

JMO

BBM
I choose not to cast aspersions on a LE professional that has not had MSM reporting anything of the sort.

I think he's EX-FBI for a good reason. I'll go with the expert who gave the test.

JMO

FYI- A tiny modicum of information about the highly educated, trained, and experienced man that's career was working for the government until he chose to retire..

. Education

Montana State University at Billings, B.S., Psychology, 1976, High Honors; Montana State University at Billings Graduate School, Psychology, 1976-77; Jacksonville University, Jacksonville, Alabama, attended Graduate School, Psychophysiology, 1990 (no graduate degrees).

Employment

United States Air Force (USAF), 1967-71, USAF "Airman of the Year" – Italy, 1968; Yellowstone County Deputy Sheriff, Billings, Montana, Patrolman 1971-73; Detective 1973-78; Federal Bureau of Investigation; Special Agent, 1978-1998, Received numerous commendations for exceptional performance. Nominated twice for F.B.I. Medal of Valor.

F.B.I. Polygraph Unit Chief (Los Angeles- Retired) Former Inspector General, Polygraph Program, U.S. Department of Energy-Office of Counterintelligence, Ventura County District Attorneys Office (Forensic Polygraph Examiner), Certified Polygraph Examiner (APA), California State Private Investigator #20970, authorized to carry a concealed weapon by County of Ventura, State of California, Ventura County Public Defenders Office, Ventura County Sheriffs Department, Orange County Public Defenders Office, U.S. Attorneys Office, (Central District of California), Federal Public Defenders Office (Central District of California).

Areas of Expertise

F.B.I. Polygraph Examiner, F.B.I. Hostage Negotiator, F.B.I. Psychological Profiler, F.B.I. Defensive Tactics/Firearms Instructor, F.B.I. S.W.A.T. Team Member, F.B.I. Interrogation Instructor and Homicide Investigation Instructor.

Polygraph Training

Department of Defense Polygraph Institute, 14-week polygraph course. Attended over 50 polygraph training seminars conducted by the F.B.I. or professional polygraph organizations within the U.S. (1990-2008). Instructed at numerous Federal, State and Local Agencies, National and State Polygraph Associations, private and professional groups.

"A third warrant, signed July 22, shows that Coronado police seized several items from the mansion, including an ornate chandelier found in the trash, a black T-shirt, electrical wire, a silver Razor scooter and a soccer ball. All of the items had been found and photographed in the stairwell of the home, shortly after Max was injured."

I read that as only the chandelier was found in the trash. That would make sense to me, it was broken. What else would they do with it?

Why WOULD the warrant go into how many times AS tried to contact JS or in how many ways or why he chose that way?

Couldn't get quotes to work for me.

I'm not sure if you are asking me a question, I was just stating that to contact someone of a death via text is unusual. The fact that it's in the report as such, means he didn't dial digits. Just an observation.

"A third warrant, signed July 22, shows that Coronado police seized several items from the mansion, including an ornate chandelier found in the trash, a black T-shirt, electrical wire, a silver Razor scooter and a soccer ball. All of the items had been found and photographed in the stairwell of the home, shortly after Max was injured."

I read that as only the chandelier was found in the trash. That would make sense to me, it was broken. What else would they do with it?

I agree with you, October and see that I was initially mistaken in how I read the report.. I was wrong..
It's very true that in today's reporting the way they choose to word things IMO are often to deceive or make it more salacious.. Upon reading the structure of it's exact wording I wholeheartedly agree with you that it indeed states the chandelier was the item found in the trash.. With nothing told of where the other items were located.. Thanks for pointing out the error of my ways..:)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kristens5487
Back