Searches for Lisa

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
last night i had a dream that baby lisa was found! (but not safe and sound, unfortunately). this dream was so vivid i was pretty sure when i woke up that i'd be able to come here and see that it really happened. but it doesn't look like it has. :(

my dream was that they found her off the side of a road in an area that would have been traveled by JI between home and work. this has always been an idea in my mind as to where she might be. i wonder if searches have been conducted along these roads? in my dream, both parents were arrested.

this case is seriously getting to me. that's the 2nd night in a row i've had a NIGHTMARE regarding it. :(

I was hoping to get some input from the SAR experts or others with expert opinion about why there is no further searches? At what point do most of the LE teams say ok we stop ? And any thoughts as to why the family is stating they were told them nor volunteers could help? I dont remember this being told in prior cases. I know...everyone might say its because they have found evidence otherwise but lets think they differently and say they havent. Why are we sitting still?

I was hoping to get some input from the SAR experts or others with expert opinion about why there is no further searches? At what point do most of the LE teams say ok we stop ? And any thoughts as to why the family is stating they were told them nor volunteers could help? I dont remember this being told in prior cases. I know...everyone might say its because they have found evidence otherwise but lets think they differently and say they havent. Why are we sitting still?

It is entirely possible that there are still searches going on. Happens all the time, they're just done on a much quieter level as not to draw media attention. If they think there is still evidence out there, they will keep going for a long time.

Telling the family not to search is for multiple reasons. No parent should ever be the one to find their baby, it's just too much. Whenever there is ANY chance that there could be a criminal case involved you do not want anyone who could remotely be involved either on purpose or inadvertently contaminating the scene(s) or evidence. Often you will use volunteers for the initial hasty search because time is of the essence and if you think you might be looking for a living MP, then you do what it takes to find them, using whatever resources you have to. As time passes and you realize that's not the case, you switch gears and start protecting the case and only those trained go out. Some won't send volunteers out at all at any point, that is a whole other debate. HTH

From the Missouri statute: 568.045. 1. A person commits the crime of endangering the welfare of a child in the first degree if:

(1) The person knowingly acts in a manner that creates a substantial risk to the life, body, or health of a child less than seventeen years old.

Stating on television you were drunk one night while you were home with your children does not meet this threshold. You aren’t admitting it to LE. LE has no evidence that this statement occurred. You need actual, tangible evidence that DB knowingly acted in a manner that created a substantial risk. Stating you were blackout drunk doesn’t prove to LE that you were actually backout drunk, nor does it prove that the situation in the home at that time created a situation which was a substantial risk towards the children in the home.

Perhaps if the neighbor had observed something, that may meet the threshold. But a statement to the media about something that occurred is not enough to meet the requirements of the statute. There has to be PROOF that endangering a child actually occurred. There is no proof in this case.

I disagree. LE can use statements made to public media as evidence. The Scott Peterson case is an example. There is the security video of the wine purchase and also the neighbor who was present. A prosecutor can easily use this multiple evidence to persuade a jury that DB was drunk.

JMO

The day before the house search, LE was searching the woods between N Brighton and Searcy. Several WSers commented that they saw LE put something into an evidence bag.

If you look in this video @ :43 mark, you can see the item being put into the bag. (No idea what it is, maybe you guys can tell.)

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/44992...t/cadaver-dog-has-hit-inside-baby-lisas-home/

Here are some snapshots of that evidence being placed into the bag. But Im like you I can not tell what it is :(

Attachments

• evidence bag in woods.2jpg.jpg
    evidence bag in woods.2jpg.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 49
  • evidence bag in woods.jpg
    evidence bag in woods.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 51
I work as a counselor. I've had female clients who, after the children are put to bed, have 'me time' and drink. Sadly, for many women, they are targeted in this way when men aren't...how many dads do you know who are looked at as endangering minors in their care after they've been drunk?

I wonder if mom had either passed out or intoxicated, had the baby with her in bed, and rolled over on her and suffocated here. Thats happened in the past, sadly, and I can tell you that no charges were pressed against the mother (who I knew slightly).

Perhaps this happened and then mom panicked and was too frightened or ashamed to call the police. Perhaps she was afraid she'd go to jail.

I work as a counselor. I've had female clients who, after the children are put to bed, have 'me time' and drink. Sadly, for many women, they are targeted in this way when men aren't...how many dads do you know who are looked at as endangering minors in their care after they've been drunk?

I wonder if mom had either passed out or intoxicated, had the baby with her in bed, and rolled over on her and suffocated here. Thats happened in the past, sadly, and I can tell you that no charges were pressed against the mother (who I knew slightly).

Perhaps this happened and then mom panicked and was too frightened or ashamed to call the police. Perhaps she was afraid she'd go to jail.

If that is what happened, then she should go to jail, imo. That's child endangerment.

WOW nursebeemee - NO searches? Now I'm wondering if they need to go back to that landfill. Why aren't they looking for her?

If that is what happened, then she should go to jail, imo. That's child endangerment.

Their was a mother or father (can't remember) who was high on drugs and rolled over on his/her baby.. Killed the baby and are now in jail.. They are also cracking down on parents sleeping with small baby's in the area...

there were no searches yesterday per Graves...

Cuz we've never heard that before.... It is possible that there were no searches, but it's just as possible that there were, regardless of what he says. We've been on no shortage of searches when there were "no" searches going on, so I take it with a grain of salt.

i came across this noseying around,its a map of a wooded area and an old house that seems to be in the middle....if Indamiddle or another local could confirm how far it is from the home on lister and the sightings?

just wondering if it has been searched.

391320_10150915816480332_506150331_21412733_1126630471_n.jpg

i came across this noseying around,its a map of a wooded area and an old house that seems to be in the middle....if Indamiddle or another local could confirm how far it is from the home on lister and the sightings?

just wondering if it has been searched.
Image snipped for space.

This area is of massive concern to me, too! I do not know of any searches being done here. This is a straight shot down 48th from the (possible) 4am sighting. They say the cemetery that is about half way in between the two places has been searched 2x but that is all that I know of around there.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KatGran
Back