Searching for Anna - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dr. Doogie said:
Hold on there, young missy! She was 49 years old when she went into the hospital. "Sick and dying" I'll buy..."elderly" is a little too close to home!
You're a mere chickadee, Doogie; I'll be 70 in three weeks (but actually I thought Margaret was quite a bit older than 49, since she went from the hospital to a county nursing home which has mostly geriatric patients.) Also, since GW was only about 30 at the time he treated her, we could say that Margaret was almost of a different generation from his.

Annasmom said:
You're a mere chickadee, Doogie; I'll be 70 in three weeks (but actually I thought Margaret was quite a bit older than 49, since she went from the hospital to a county nursing home which has mostly geriatric patients.) Also, since GW was only about 30 at the time he treated her, we could say that Margaret was almost of a different generation from his.
:laugh:Since Brody claimed to be only 45 years old at the time of his death (and as old as he looked), maybe 49 IS old!!!

Anna was Project Jason's 18 Wheel Angel poster girl for April 1 through April 15, with www.projectjason.org offering a poster which could be downloaded and printed to place. The April truckers' magazine Through the Gears ran a two-page story with a picture of Anna on the cover and photographs of Anna at age 5 and age-advanced to thirties inside, as well as a picture of Half Moon Bay. My copies arrived in the mail today. Thank you, Kelly.

Just a quick update for everybody on what is currently happening: I am sending off the letters to members of the Kukoda family today in an attempt to see if they can tell us anything about Brody. I hope that we can answer the question is Brody the same person as Bobby Wolgast. We should start to hear back from them later this week.

I dawned on me that I never have laid out what I see as the two pronged plan of searching for Anna:

Part One: To research all of the aspects that we know about Anna's disappearance. This includes exploring all of the possible ties that George Waters and George Brody may have to others and following the leads on possible matches to Anna that turn up from that investigation.

Part Two: Searching adoption reunion sites for possible matches for Anna. This is based on the idea that Anna is out there and searching for her family. This part doesn't require that we find her as much as creating scenarios where she can find her family. This includes posting as much identifying information on these sites to allow her to make the connections with her history and contact us. Once we find her, she will be able to answer a lot of the questions that have eluded us in Part One.

Annasbro, Is it possible to recall an approximate age of the woman who opened the back door of the car to lure Anna? You mentioned she had long black hair. Could she have been Hispanic? Was there any accent you notice while she was asking all the questions? Was this woman sitting in the back seat by herself? Do you remember if anyone was sitting in the front passenger seat?

Being so long ago it is a bit fuzzy. She was in the front seat. There was a driver. She or someone in the back (they might have stayed in the car) opened the back door. She approached us. She was early to mid 30s I would guess. She had long straight black hair and a loose fitting cotton blouse with embroidery on it like a Mexican or Indian type blouse. I dont remember her having any accent just that she was overly friendly in a weird way for someone we didn't know.

I just found this article and think it would be good for everyone to read, especially Annasmom. It is about a woman who was contacting mothers on the adoption boards claiming to be her child. It is nothing but a scam and getting the hopes up of the dear mothers who are searching for their children.
http://www.birthfamily.com/warningletter.html
Wonder who the woman is???????????????????????????????? She should have charges brought against her if they can find out her idenity. Makes me wonder since we have seen some strange things on another thread.

I noticed that this woman who was scamming the mothers is from Texas. I have emailed Jan (one of the mothers who was scammed) Waiting for a reply.
The scammer sent pictures of herself to the mothers, so they have evidence if this person is caught. I told her about websleuths and gave her web site, also told her about the Delia Cly link.

kyresearcher said:
I just found this article and think it would be good for everyone to read, especially Annasmom. It is about a woman who was contacting mothers on the adoption boards claiming to be her child. It is nothing but a scam and getting the hopes up of the dear mothers who are searching for their children.
http://www.birthfamily.com/warningletter.html
Wonder who the woman is???????????????????????????????? She should have charges brought against her if they can find out her idenity. Makes me wonder since we have seen some strange things on another thread.
Kyresearcher, the link doesn't work for me. Has anyone else had this problem?

Annasmom said:
Kyresearcher, the link doesn't work for me. Has anyone else had this problem?
This is so confusing! Last night while I was searching on adoptee forums I found this site. After posting the link I did click on it to make sure I didn't make a mistake and was able to access it. I even emailed one of the ladies who had been scammed, and today I checked my emails but it came back as undelivered. I can't get into the site today either. If you can do a google or yahoo search enter women scammed by and it will bring up this link.
What it was saying is that there were at least 3 women on adoptee forum who were searching for their children and were scammed by this person . A lady kept emailing them with info that she had gotten off the site claiming she was their child. After phone calls and email she had some convinced she was their missing daughter. She was very presistant that she was indeed their child. She was from Texas and they believe that there was another person working with her who was from Tennessee. The mothers went on National t.v. with their stories but have not been able to identify who this impersonator is. Has anyone else been able to access this site, if so you may want to add more of the story. Sorry, but it was there last night and today---poof its gone. I can't understand why it is no longer accessible.

Annasmom said:
Anna was Project Jason's 18 Wheel Angel poster girl for April 1 through April 15, with www.projectjason.org offering a poster which could be downloaded and printed to place. The April truckers' magazine Through the Gears ran a two-page story with a picture of Anna on the cover and photographs of Anna at age 5 and age-advanced to thirties inside, as well as a picture of Half Moon Bay. My copies arrived in the mail today. Thank you, Kelly.

You're most welcome.

The thread here is to long for me to follow, but I can see that there are so many good people helping. I hope you will find the answers, Annasmom.

BTW, Anna will be a featured poster download on the CDLJobs.com site by sometime next week. They get about 70K hits per day. Every little bit helps.

Please contact me if I can help in any other way.

If you talk to Jerry Nance, give him my regards.

kyresearcher said:
Has anyone else been able to access this site, if so you may want to add more of the story. Sorry, but it was there last night and today---poof its gone. I can't understand why it is no longer accessible.

It had worked for me when I first checked it, but while I was still reading there, it stopped working. However, the text of the page can still be accessed from Google's cache. This board won't let me post Google cache URLs correctly, but just go to www.google.com, enter http://www.birthfamily.com/warningletter.html (and the update, http://www.birthfamily.com/warningletter_0803.html) into the search field, hit the Search button and on the result page choose "Show Google's cache".

Hope this helps...

kyresearcher said:
I believe that this is wise advice. As more media attention is generated about Anna, it may pull some scam artists and sickos out of the woodwork.

SherlockJr said:
Sometimes if you hold down the Control (Ctrl) button and click on the link, it will open it up.
Sherlock, thanks so much for figuring this out. I am now able to get into site. Hope everyone else will be able to access it. I was beginning to wonder if I was having one of those "old age moments" LOL

HeartofTexas said:
LOL! I'd say he's staying real busy between trying to run people down with his car and choking them! Perhaps now that he's barred from the newspaper office he'll have time to return a few phone calls.

Has anyone ever tried to buy a copy of the book that Mitchell wrote re Synanon? If someone has Paypal, you can buy a copy of the book for 83 cents on Ebay, with $2.99 shipping. If you need to write a check or pay in some other method, the best price I saw was $2.99 for the book and $3.49 for shipping. Here's the url for the one that's 83 cents in case someone's interested:

http://cgi.ebay.com/The-Light-on-Synanon-How-a-country-weekly-exposed-a_W0QQitemZ4616684502QQcategoryZ378QQssPageNameZWD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

And here's the url for the copy of the book that's $2.99... this auction has a run-down of each chapter which might be helpful in determining if buying the book is worthwhile:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Light-on-Synanon-1980-1st-Pulitzer-Alcoholics-Anonymous_W0QQitemZ4639172911QQcategoryZ378QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Just now reading all of this...I ordered the Point of Ryes book sp? for researching Rose Coles case...my check was cashed...book still not rec'd!

(just now catching up on this thread...ya'll are flippin' amazing, let me tell ya!)

christine2448 said:
Just now reading all of this...I ordered the Point of Ryes book sp? for researching Rose Coles case...my check was cashed...book still not rec'd!

(just now catching up on this thread...ya'll are flippin' amazing, let me tell ya!)
I bought the book on ebay that HoT mentioned. I received it within a couple of days. I've been reading through it. I have not found any significant leads but am getting a better understanding of Synanon (If that is possible).

Shadow205 said:
I bought the book on ebay that HoT mentioned. I received it within a couple of days. I've been reading through it. I have not found any significant leads but am getting a better understanding of Synanon (If that is possible).
Thanks shadow....after now reading up on all of this, I noticed that the owners have changed hands, I ordered it directly from that paper, could explian why I never rec'd. It was only 7.50...so I'm not stressin' over it. And, since you have the book, no need in us both reading LOL.

Did you read all of Julie's story? I just haven't had time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro