Searching For Anna - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very nice album. Where was the outhouse located? Was it still within the fenced area of the yard? How far from the house? How old was Anna when you allowed her to go to the outhouse alone?
The outhouse was near the chicken coop, which was over the bridge, on the other side of the creek. She was not allowed to cross the bridge or go to the chicken coop by herself, and to my memory she never did. The outhouse was kind of a joke, really...it had been there since the days the place was a working ranch and had farmhands.

I agree, the album is fantastic. I just wish it was available for non members to view. I don't think it is.

The 2nd picture, back yard. Were those the chicken coops? My first impression was it looked like you and Joe Ford had 3 tents set up for the kids to hang out in, and possibly sleep outside.

I was amazed at how large the trees look! I think I have a much better image in mind now... it appears as if some of the area outside the fence was not wooded, but more just overgrown grass or 'farmy'.

I still think the picture posted with Anna on the phone is the best clear image of her eyes. I discussed this with Annasmom, that I think Anna resembles her father more so than her mother in her eye area, and I don't see that in her age progressed photo's. I see too much Annasmom in the eye area. JMVHO.

I look at everyone I see, everywhere... for those eyes. The question, how would one approach a stranger?

I'm not sure which picture you mean, since the order changes...you couldn't see the chicken coop from the house, and there weren't any tents. Possibly you can see the roof lines of the two neighboring houses or the horse barn. You are right that the area was not wooded. If you look at Google Earth, you would think it was a tropical rain forest. Those were fruit trees (bare in January) and the wooded area didn't start until well East on Purisima Creek Road. I'm glad you like the pictures!

I'm not sure which picture you mean, since the order changes...you couldn't see the chicken coop from the house, and there weren't any tents. Possibly you can see the roof lines of the two neighboring houses or the horse barn. You are right that the area was not wooded. If you look at Google Earth, you would think it was a tropical rain forest. Those were fruit trees (bare in January) and the wooded area didn't start until well East on Purisima Creek Road. I'm glad you like the pictures!

It was picture 9.
http://websleuths.com/forums/album.php?albumid=529&pictureid=3907

I see three small 'houses' and I think they are the chicken coops.

I see Nonda in one of the pics too. IMO, he looks the same. His childhood pics, and his adult pics.... He's aged, but still recognizable.

I think I found a pic of Eddie... and this is not a bad thing.... but he, like we all have gained wt. No biggie.... (myself, I am now more than I was at full term. eek.)

I think we need to get someone to adjust one of the pics if Anna happened to gain wt. A few over on the Tawni Mazzone /Maricopa Jane doe were able to play around with pics. Do you mind if I ask she post a possible of Anna having gained wt?

I see Nonda and Eddie looking the same as adults.... and I think Anna would too.

jmo

It was picture 9.
http://websleuths.com/forums/album.php?albumid=529&pictureid=3907

I see three small 'houses' and I think they are the chicken coops.

I see Nonda in one of the pics too. IMO, he looks the same. His childhood pics, and his adult pics.... He's aged, but still recognizable.

I think I found a pic of Eddie... and this is not a bad thing.... but he, like we all have gained wt. No biggie.... (myself, I am now more than I was at full term. eek.)

I think we need to get someone to adjust one of the pics if Anna happened to gain wt. A few over on the Tawni Mazzone /Maricopa Jane doe were able to play around with pics. Do you mind if I ask she post a possible of Anna having gained wt?

I see Nonda and Eddie looking the same as adults.... and I think Anna would too.

jmo
Maybe I should post the drawing of how the buildings were laid out. In this picture, you see the rope swing to the far left, and a barn behind that. The fence actually surrounds our back yard (the picture seems to have been taken from up on the road.) The buildings you see are the L-shaped big house and the smaller cottage in front of that. Our house is not visible. The buildings on the other side of the creek which included a field hands' shack, an outhouse, and the chicken coop, are obscured by the trees.

I don't mind if anyone plays with the pictures, but since Anna's father and all the relatives on that side of the family are very thin (and I am still about 125 pounds), I don't think it is very likely she would have been more than average weight as an adult. Nonda and Ed are different body types. Nonda is still extremely thin. I think it is likely that Anna would wear glasses, however, and that her hair would be darker and less curly.

Maybe I should post the drawing of how the buildings were laid out. In this picture, you see the rope swing to the far left, and a barn behind that. The fence actually surrounds our back yard (the picture seems to have been taken from up on the road.) The buildings you see are the L-shaped big house and the smaller cottage in front of that. Our house is not visible. The buildings on the other side of the creek which included a field hands' shack, an outhouse, and the chicken coop, are obscured by the trees.
Maybe this picture gives a better idea of the back yard (that's Anna playing badminton with a family friend at a barbecue.) The structure on the left is the big barn. Next to it, through the trees, is the millhouse. A roofline just visible through the trees is the horse barn, which was on the other side of the creek. The buildings I described above are not visible from this angle, but you can see how the yard was completely fenced. I wish I could go back in time and take better pictures, but these are all I have.

Attachments

• Badminton01.jpg
    Badminton01.jpg
    355.2 KB · Views: 112
Thank you Annasmom so much for posting these pic's of Anna, they truly are wonderful photos of her.

I wonder how much it would cost to run a flyer starting with southern california and moving on...? A flyer may get to more people. Perhaps a mailing to homes or an insert in a paper?

Thinking of various ways to get Anna's name on everyone's doorstep.

These are incredible pictures... I can see how the back yard sloped... which was different than my vision... and how the large barn, and the chicken coops were buried beneath the tree line... the roofs are still visible. We need to tag this to vague childhood memories....

I'm not sure Anna would recall this particular event, but the swing, backyard, creek are still hopefully very well in her memory.

What a lucky girl to have such an awesome back yard! Wow!

I realize based on Anna's size before she went missing, she was of average ht and wt? I didn't mean to insinuate she would be overweight, I just think it is an option we should look at having family where men were 5'3" to 6' plus.... in three generations.... and the females are as different.

I have noticed more of a consistency with shoe size as opposed to ht.... jmo.

Is there a variance in your extended family as well?

Very nice album. Where was the outhouse located? Was it still within the fenced area of the yard? How far from the house? How old was Anna when you allowed her to go to the outhouse alone?
Here is that drawing of the farm layout. The outhouse is that tiny square between the chicken coop and the hands' shack. Also, here's a picture of our house from the road which shows better what the driveway and yard looked like.

Attachments

• House from side01.jpg
    House from side01.jpg
    415.5 KB · Views: 103
  • Farm map.jpg
    Farm map.jpg
    254.1 KB · Views: 101
Thank you Annasmom so much for posting these pic's of Anna, they truly are wonderful photos of her.

I wonder how much it would cost to run a flyer starting with southern california and moving on...? A flyer may get to more people. Perhaps a mailing to homes or an insert in a paper?

Thinking of various ways to get Anna's name on everyone's doorstep.

I'm glad you like the photos. I enjoyed getting them together and had a few surprises myself (such as the badminton picture, which was almost invisible until I tweaked the contrast and saw what was really there. We don't really have a budget for a flyer right now, but there are several things in the way of publicity that we can make more of: Kiva's two contests, which don't seem to have really taken off yet, and the WalMart posters, which potentially would reach lots of people.

Slowly catching up with this thread. I am so behind. I am sorry I havent been on WS, my grandmother was sick then she died, 2 weeks later I gave birth to a baby girl, then we moved to a new house. I am still juggling having 2 kids but Anna has never been far from my mind.

Does anyone have the time or inclination to see if we can find anything about GW or GB through the FBI's FOIA/Privacy website? Their main page has a link about request instructions, a request form, etc.

Does anyone have the time or inclination to see if we can find anything about GW or GB through the FBI's FOIA/Privacy website? Their main page has a link about request instructions, a request form, etc.

I have already downloaded the forms to get GW's FBI file. The instructions about which form to use is very confusing on the FBI website - even the FBI spokesman I talked to admitted such. I can follow through and make the application.

This is my first time posting here and I'm trying to see if it works.

Okay, that worked! There is a girl that I have come in contact with a few times that bears a strong resemblance to one of the photos I've seen of Anna. My dilemna is that I have no idea how to approach her without coming off as a total fruitcake. I've had very little opportunity to talk with her and have no idea if she is adopted. I have found out that her mother lives nearby and that she has children. I asked to see a photo of the kids but she didn't have one on her and I haven't been able to talk to her since. She sometimes hangs out at a place that I frequent and I definitely don't want this group of people to label me as a nut so I'm not going to just come out and ask her. Anyone have any ideas ?

Okay, that worked! There is a girl that I have come in contact with a few times that bears a strong resemblance to one of the photos I've seen of Anna. My dilemna is that I have no idea how to approach her without coming off as a total fruitcake. I've had very little opportunity to talk with her and have no idea if she is adopted. I have found out that her mother lives nearby and that she has children. I asked to see a photo of the kids but she didn't have one on her and I haven't been able to talk to her since. She sometimes hangs out at a place that I frequent and I definitely don't want this group of people to label me as a nut so I'm not going to just come out and ask her. Anyone have any ideas ?
Why don't you just print out the first page of www.searchingforanna.com, tell her you're interested in the search, and ask her to keep her eyes open for any likely candidates? That way you don't have to suggest any connection, but the material will get to her.

Annasmom, that was a good suggestion and I actually was carrying one around with me for a while but was too embarrassed to show it to anyone. I did manage to take a picture of her at a cookout we were both at this past summer. I compared it to the age progression photo and think it looks similar enough but haven't shown it to anyone yet.
After reading on this site for a while I got the brilliant idea that if I go the the library I could probably find her high school yearbook. This would give me a better idea of what year she graduated and how she looked then. I'm going to go on Thursday.

Why don't you just print out the first page of www.searchingforanna.com, tell her you're interested in the search, and ask her to keep her eyes open for any likely candidates? That way you don't have to suggest any connection, but the material will get to her.

Excellent Annasmom,

How many times I've told people out of the blue I'm interested in this search, no one has ever questioned my sanity...rather asked me more about Anna!

You can print the page and casually approach this woman. May I ask what part of the country you live? Thanks again for your interest!

Annasmom, that was a good suggestion and I actually was carrying one around with me for a while but was too embarrassed to show it to anyone. I did manage to take a picture of her at a cookout we were both at this past summer. I compared it to the age progression photo and think it looks similar enough but haven't shown it to anyone yet.
After reading on this site for a while I got the brilliant idea that if I go the the library I could probably find her high school yearbook. This would give me a better idea of what year she graduated and how she looked then. I'm going to go on Thursday.

Jenny,

Do you still have the photo of her? Did you want to send it me to post? Or if you like please send it to my email address.
Only if you are comfortable doing so...

SideKick ~

Jenny,

Do you still have the photo of her? Did you want to send it me to post? Or if you like please send it to my email address. planetbabyblue@hotmail.com
Only if you are comfortable doing so...

SideKick ~

I wouldn't just post someone's pic here... if anything, forward it to Doogie or Annasmom and see what they think...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agirlnamedbob