Searching For Anna Book: Download and Comments

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
smile22 said:
still reading it very very intresting book. something that also stood out from the book was the footprint was it small or rather large maybe the people who took anna wanted to leave the sock and footprint as a means to lead the search in the water and not on land i think they were doing that so that the police could say we think she went into the water but then we cant find a body or something and leave it at that they wanted everyone to think she drowned so that their master plan of action to get anna out of the state would work. think about if u were going to commit this crime how would u do it how would u think like a kidnaper
The footprint exactly fit the rubber boot of our neighbor, who had been there before we saw it, and she believes that it was her footprint. Several socks were fished out of the water in the weeks after Anna disappeared, but we didn't recognize any of them as hers. Smile, you are really good at picturing scenarios, and I appreciate this quality. I wish I could actually show you the house, the road, etc.

laini said:
Annasmom, I just finished reading Searching For Anna. For lack of better words, it really touched my heart. Thank you again for sharing your story.
Laini, thank you for reading it. I have to say that it would still be sitting in a box in the attic except for Doogie.

I have only been able to peek in now and then for the last few weeks. I have so much to say, but it will have to wait until tomorrow when I will have more time. I know all of you are waiting in anticipation....LOL! :D

However; for now; I found this extremely compelling:

Annasmom's dream "movie" of 9/21/74 in which she envisioned the Georges. She "sees" shrubbery in the shape of the letter "L"....G.W.'s note labeled "Plan" refers to "L".

She "sees" a woman taking care of the children, including Anna. The woman is a nurse....Margaret Kukoda was a nurse.

She "sees" they are living on a street or road named "Gary"....The Georges are living on a street named "Geary".

Interesting parallels.

Annasmom also had the feeling that the nurse believed George was entitled to take Anna. From what we have discovered about them here, I believe that is exactly how they would have felt about the abduction.

mfmangel1 said:
She "sees" a woman taking care of the children, including Anna. The woman is a nurse....Margaret Kukoda was a nurse.

She "sees" they are living on a street or road named "Gary"....The Georges are living on a street named "Geary".

Interesting parallels.

Annasmom also had the feeling that the nurse believed George was entitled to take Anna. From what we have discovered about them here, I believe that is exactly how they would have felt about the abduction.

Wow mfm, good work. :clap: Margaret Kukoda died in 1967. Is there another nurse he worked with that could have taken Anna?

SherlockJr said:
Wow mfm, good work. :clap: Margaret Kukoda died in 1967. Is there another nurse he worked with that could have taken Anna?
Even though Kukoda died, there is a theory that her family may have been involved.

We have never been able to track down the "Suki" person that the Georges were associated with. I believe GW worked with her at one of the hospitals.

mfmangel1 said:
Even though Kukoda died, there is a theory that her family may have been involved.

We have never been able to track down the "Suki" person that the Georges were associated with. I believe GW worked with her at one of the hospitals.
I am compiling a list of RN in San Francisco right now. So far 8,000 names on the list and I am up to the "P's". We will find Suki. Wasn't her name Seki?

Don't mean to throw a wrench into your efforts... but, do we know that Suki was a nurse? She could have been an aide, a receptionist or even volunteer...

SherlockJr said:
I am compiling a list of RN in San Francisco right now. So far 8,000 names on the list and I am up to the "P's". We will find Suki.

Good analyses, MFM. It is very interesting how Annasmom's dreams and intuitions (and some of the details from the psychics) lines up with what we have determined independently to be fact.

The name of the woman that has been mentioned is Seka and she was from Yugoslavia. It appears that she was only involved with the two Georges for a short period that started a couple of years after Anna disappeared. Evidently, she quickly learned that they were loons and broke off contact with them (to Brody's great distress).

For Annasmom & Dr. Doogie-

Thank you so much for posting the journal. It allows us to gain so much insight into the circumstances and the people involved.

It is also such a heartbreaking, yet precious record of Anna and Annasmom's odyssey of their lives together and the agonizing separation. It allows us to feel a small inkling of her pain.

Thank you so much for allowing us into your private world.

SherlockJr said:
It is now 7:30 am and I have finished reading. I have tears and a lump in my throat. I have written notes which I will address after getting some sleep. Beautiful work Mikie! Nite all.
It has been a slow couple of weeks here, so I thought I'd tell you a little about the family reaction to Searching for Anna. Not all my family members were as stalwart as dear Sherlock, and not all of them have been able to get through the book, maybe for emotional reasons, or maybe because they just couldn't plough their way through so many words. Annasunc, however, made valuable notes as he read it. For instance, he says all the pictures need captions...he never realized that the one of Doogie was of him playing a Father in a production of The Fantasticks. He laughed when I sang him a bit of the Fathers' song: "..but if your issue doesn't kiss you, then I wish you luck...for once you've planted children, you're absolutely stuck!" He thinks some papers which are referred to should be included in full, in particular GW's letter to Goering's widow, as gruesome and bizarre as that might be. I'm still waiting to hear from the passport office and hope it won't be too much longer. I'll let you all know as soon as I know something.

Thanks for the update on the book. I think including some of the papers and letters in full is a great idea.

Annasmom, I haven't posted lately but think of you and precious little Anna daily. It has been a very busy time for me this summer but I check daily to see if any thing new is new and try to search the adoption sites when time premits.
You have done a beautiful job compiling the book, hopefully it will soon be on a book store shelf. Just a thought, I know you have already chosen the cover picture but would there be anyway that you could put a smaller age progression picture of Anna on the cover? I think there might be a chance that someone would notice it that might know her or she might even see it herself. I know if I saw a book with my picture or friends on the front cover I would take notice. There are so many to choose from that while in book store I often just glance at the cover and move on to the next row.
Keep the faith, she is out there somewhere just waiting for you. She will be so amazed at all the loving work you have done to bring her home. Our world would be a better place today if we had more mothers like you!

Annasmom said:
...For instance, he says all the pictures need captions...he never realized that the one of Doogie was of him playing a Father in a production of The Fantasticks. He laughed when I sang him a bit of the Fathers' song: "..but if your issue doesn't kiss you, then I wish you luck...for once you've planted children, you're absolutely stuck!" ...
Jeez, I played the same role twice on stage and I cannot even remember the words to that song. (LOL!). You mean Annasunc just assumed that I always walked around with a grease pencil moustache?

kyresearcher said:
Just a thought, I know you have already chosen the cover picture but would there be anyway that you could put a smaller age progression picture of Anna on the cover? I think there might be a chance that someone would notice it that might know her or she might even see it herself. I know if I saw a book with my picture or friends on the front cover I would take notice. There are so many to choose from that while in book store I often just glance at the cover and move on to the next row.
Keep the faith, she is out there somewhere just waiting for you. She will be so amazed at all the loving work you have done to bring her home. Our world would be a better place today if we had more mothers like you!
Really good idea, kyresearcher. Thank you.

I started reading the book today and came across the name Becky Baydo. She was in our class and I went to school with Becky into high school. Last year was our 20 year reunion and I learned that tragically, Becky died of a drug overdose several years ago.

Kelly

I am about 1/3 of the way through the book. It is a very interesting read, and very well-written. It certainly has brought tears to my eyes.

One thing I haven't seen much mention of -- George Waters' parents. The book talks a bit about their lives, and there is a terse little note from them when GW started acting really weird (the note said something about them not giving money anymore). Maybe I missed it, but I don't think I've seen any mention of GW's parents after Anna disappeared. Lots of notes from all kinds of people, but was there one from the grandparents?

Is it at all possible that GW's grandparents took Anna? Or has that possiblity already been explored and discarded?

Mr. E said:
I am about 1/3 of the way through the book. It is a very interesting read, and very well-written. It certainly has brought tears to my eyes.

One thing I haven't seen much mention of -- George Waters' parents. The book talks a bit about their lives, and there is a terse little note from them when GW started acting really weird (the note said something about them not giving money anymore). Maybe I missed it, but I don't think I've seen any mention of GW's parents after Anna disappeared. Lots of notes from all kinds of people, but was there one from the grandparents?

Is it at all possible that GW's grandparents took Anna? Or has that possiblity already been explored and discarded?
There is correspondence from all GW's family later on in the book. His father died; I have been in continuous correspondence with the rest of the family.
Thank you for your interest in our quest.

By the time of Anna's disappearance, GW had severed all ties to his family. This separation continued to his death.

I'm almost finished with the book now. I'm sure I'm not the first to point this out, but I can't help but notice the connection between the name "Gary" in Michaele's dream and the fact that Hotel Paul was located on Geary street, which is very similar. Probably just a coincidence, but when I read Geary, I remembered the Gary dream.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txtruecrimekat
Back