Senate Candidate Roy Moore accused of molesting 14yo girl

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Who Is Kayla Moore

cnn.com/2017/11/16/politics/kayla-moore-roy-moore-sexual-allegations-republican-alabama/index.html

"He just has never, one time lifted a finger to me. He is the most gentle, most kind man that I have ever known in my life. He's godly."

LMAO godly yeah sure I'll bet. He sounds like he's predisposed towards paedophilia

Retired Alabama cop on Roy Moore: ‘We were also told to … make sure that he didn’t hang around the cheerleaders’

https://www.seattletimes.com/nation-world/retired-alabama-cop-on-roy-moore-we-were-also-told-to-make-sure-that-he-didnt-hang-around-the-cheerleaders/

"A retired Alabama police officer said she was told to keep an eye on Republican Senate candidate Roy Moore back in the 1980s because he was known to harass teenage cheerleaders at local school ballgames.

Ex-Gadsden cop Faye Gray told MSNBC host Andrea Mitchell that rumors of Moore’s liking young girls were heard on a daily basis and she was informed that he had been banned from Gadsden Mall because he allegedly targeted young female employees."

Retired Alabama cop on Roy Moore: ‘We were also told to … make sure that he didn’t hang around the cheerleaders’

https://www.seattletimes.com/nation-world/retired-alabama-cop-on-roy-moore-we-were-also-told-to-make-sure-that-he-didnt-hang-around-the-cheerleaders/

"A retired Alabama police officer said she was told to keep an eye on Republican Senate candidate Roy Moore back in the 1980s because he was known to harass teenage cheerleaders at local school ballgames.

Ex-Gadsden cop Faye Gray told MSNBC host Andrea Mitchell that rumors of Moore’s liking young girls were heard on a daily basis and she was informed that he had been banned from Gadsden Mall because he allegedly targeted young female employees."

That is quite telling. If you are on a watch list, it means something is not right.

I cannot fathom anyone in this country absolving pedophilia. Nothing is disgusting enough, Nothing

Anyone who wonders why these victims “didn’t tell anyone” till now is ignoring the facts. It’s obvious that many, many people knew and worked in their own ways to protect each other.

What’s telling is that nobody seemed to believe that statute and law could also protect them. What’s telling is that no lawful entity intervened to prosecute this sick man or risked knocking him from his high horse.

So. Many. Victims.

And I believe each of them.

It’s about men protecting men. Usually white men. Even predatory, criminal ones. MOO.

Unconscionable.

I wonder if this is why child sex abuse laws and rape laws are so lax?

Anyone who wonders why these victims “didn’t tell anyone” till now is ignoring the facts. It’s obvious that many, many people knew and worked in their own ways to protect each other.

What’s telling is that nobody seemed to believe that statute and law could also protect them. What’s telling is that no lawful entity intervened to prosecute this sick man or risked knocking him from his high horse.

So. Many. Victims.

And I believe each of them.

It’s about men protecting men. Usually white men. Even predatory, criminal ones. MOO.

Unconscionable.

In some sort of way, it seemed they did try to keep him away from places where he could troll. I mean, they said they knew to watch for him, and the mall seems to have tried to stop him. No one ever told on him, or pressed charges, iirc, except to spread the word that he was, what we used to call, "a dirty old man" . I remember being in about 6th grade, or so, and my friend and me were walking down a street in town. My friend pointed out a house and said not to go there alone, or if his wife wasn't home, I knew this man's kin and couldn't believe what I was hearing. He was described, for lack of a better word, as being "handsy". People just kinda put the word out and steered clear. I didn't consider it protecting him, I considered it protecting us/me. Back in the day, a child's word, against an adult's, would not have held up well in court. Also, many, would not have wanted to put their child through a public trial against the "dirty old man" down the street, but, add to that, and make him the county D.A., or a judge, or the local Sheriff, and they're not going to go up against that. Especially in a smaller town. That's tough for an adult, but a kid? A lot of kids never even tell their parents.

This is about adults knowing, The kids, ok. But adults knew

This is about adults knowing, The kids, ok. But adults knew
Were charges ever filed against him? I don't doubt adults knew, but unless the child's parent, wanted to file charges, and put their kid through a trial, they may not think it's going to amount to anything, based on who he was, especially. I'm not taking up for him at all. I just know that there are guys like this throughout the country, who have not ever been turned in, because for some, well, many, going up against a guy who is in a position of power is a difficult thing to do. It can even have a ripple effect on others in your world.

Were charges ever filed against him? I don't doubt adults knew, but unless the child's parent, wanted to file charges, and put their kid through a trial, they may not think it's going to amount to anything, based on who he was, especially. I'm not taking up for him at all. I just know that there are guys like this throughout the country, who have not ever been turned in, because for some, well, many, going up against a guy who is in a position of power is a difficult thing to do. It can even have a ripple effect on others in your world.

That would have been very much the case in the seventies and before.

That would have been very much the case in the seventies and before.

It would. I have experienced this, still lingering, with my own parents. My mother has assured me that if she were ever assaulted that she'd not be in any court room, telling about it. She'd just try to get on with things. I've explained about helping to take a violent rapist off of the streets, and while she agreed, and saw my point of view, after thinking about it, she didn't feel that going to trial would be something she could do. I could see her point of view as well.

If children are being victimized, it wouldn't necessarily mean the child or their parents would have to testify in a court trial. Adults knew about Roy's actions (which they did, because tax dollars went to police and security personnel hired to 'keep him away from' underage children), and others even "quietly allowed" the behavior because he was a powerful man. And white. People — adults knew what was happening.

Yes, people ALSO protected each other. That was part of my point. They did what they could when people in power refused to intervene in his criminal behavior to REMOVE HIM from having access to children and provide him CONSEQUENCES for his illegal behavior. Instead, he moved in rarified air, allowed to groom and prey on girls.

He was allowed to continue his predatory activity without any real consequences. Why? Probably because of who he was and his position of power (and so-called godliness).

The culture of hushing and not reporting it that you talk about still exists.

And it was around on the 70s and before, as it was in the 80s, too, and 90s, and 2000s and today. Hopefully we're breaking through the stigma and scapegoating that inhibited adults and law enforcement from prosecuting these chronic offenders — too often white men in positions of authority.

Remember, Roy Moore was repeatedly elected/appointed/removed, re-elected/reappointed/removed from office.

He has flagrantly disregarded any law but his own, imo. Repeatedly. He created the Foundation for Moral Law and has warped Christian teachings to suit his predatory worldview.

Yet his party refuses to disown him. (Edit to add: He was indeed a Democrat until the early 90s, when he veered hard to the far right, yet some conservatives today say supporting him is better than risking losing control of their political scorecard.) He has repeatedly flaunted Constitutional and federal law. Yet he’s still in politics. Yet our US president endorsed him.

So much contradiction.

If children are being victimized, it wouldn't necessarily mean the child would have to testify in a court trial. Adults knew about Roy's actions (which they did, because tax dollars went to police and security personnel hired to 'keep him away from' underage children), and others even "quietly allowed" the behavior because he was a powerful man. And white. People — adults knew what was happening.

Yes, people ALSO protected each other. That was part of my point. They did what they could when people in power refused to intervene in his criminal behavior to REMOVE HIM from having access to children and provide him CONSEQUENCES for his illegal behavior. Instead, he moved in rarified air, allowed to groom and prey on girls.

He was allowed to continue his predatory activity without any real consequences. Why? Probably because of who he was and his position of power (and so-called godliness).

The culture of hushing and not reporting it that you talk about still exists.

And it was around on the 70s and before, as it was in the 80s, too, and 90s, and 2000s and today. Hopefully we're breaking through the stigma and scapegoating that inhibited adults and law enforcement from prosecuting these chronic offenders — too often white men in positions of authority.

I think in the seventies children did have to testify (in my country, at least) and they could be cross examined in a courtroom. Their sexual history would been brought into the courtroom and there would be many good old boys who would perjure themselves to say that she had had sex with them. They have already made illusions that she was a wild girl in high school. I can't imagine why a man who was looking for 'purity' would be after the wild girl in high school.
Another attempt to discredit her. The 14 year old was sitting on a bench with her mother at the court house in a child custody case, when he approached her. What does he not understand about the 'child' part of the custody case?

I think in the seventies children did have to testify (in my country, at least) and they could be cross examined in a courtroom. Their sexual history would been brought into the courtroom and there would be many good old boys who would perjure themselves to say that she had had sex with them. They have already made illusions that she was a wild girl in high school. I can't imagine why a man who was looking for 'purity' would be after the wild girl in high school.
Another attempt to discredit her. The 14 year old was sitting on a bench with her mother at the court house in a child custody case, when he approached her. What does he not understand about the 'child' part of the custody case?

This could happen today. It would happen today. It is happening today.

My point is not about trials. It’s not about whether she or her parents would testify. I’m not blaming the parents, or inferring that the parents (who are also victims, btw, imo) are acting irresponsibly in any way.

It’s about people in power who knew he was up to no good and protected him.

Which, I believe, is similar to, if not the same as, the point you’re making about dragging the child victim through hades and back in order to protect the perpetrator.

This could happen today. It would happen today. It is happening today.

My point is not about trials. It’s not about whether she or her parents would testify. I’m not blaming the parents, or inferring that the parents (who are also victims, btw, imo) are acting irresponsibly in any way.

It’s about people in power who knew he was up to no good and protected him.

Which, I believe, is similar to, if not the same as, the point you’re making about dragging the child victim through hades and back in order to protect the perpetrator.

Yes, my point entirely. Who would expose their child to that, when she had already, as a child, been victimised. Why would you agree to her being victimised again in court?

(((hug)))

We’re saying the same thing, I think. I agree with all y’all. ❤️

Just saw this Twitter post from Vaughn Hillyard’s verified reporter account:

[video=twitter;933378575964758018]https://twitter.com/vaughnhillyard/status/933378575964758018[/video]

I know that Americans don't think that we, in the rest of the world have as much 'freedom and liberty' as the US does, but we have more.

Yes, my point entirely. Who would expose their child to that, when she had already, as a child, been victimised. Why would you agree to her being victimised again in court?

Yes, exactly!

Some might even agree that people who believed Moore was acting inappropriately could have done more to intervene, maybe even before and/or after the 14-year-old was targeted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NazmiaWojo