Sentencing and beyond- JA General Discussion #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe he was going to use his new floor cleaner on it? But if it was blood there would have been testimony on it and pics with a yellow evidence card. IMO they tested it and it turned out to be unrelated

I suppose it'll remain something of a mystery, can't Tricia get JM back on so we can ask more questions?? lol

:welcome:

"N" is the most cryptic post ever. ;) Waiting for another clue..........

I can't name that post in one letter, more please. :D

Welcome to the greatest place on Earth, Beccaraeee!

I think it's safe to say she never actually lost Helio #1. She reported it stolen May 18, but that doesn't even mean she had planted the sex tape on it yet.

There must have been 2 Helios, and you're right, she must have gotten her hands on a 2nd one fairly quickly, no later than May 31. She testified that the stolen Helio was replaced by (whatever) insurance company. Given how easy it would be for JM to disprove that if it were a lie, I assume she was actually telling the truth about that scam.

Evidence that there were actually 2 Helio's. IIRC, testimony by LE was that the Mesa PD never had possession of the Helio that had both the sex tape and the manufactured May 2 IM on it, but did examine the Helio with her June 3 selfies. Doesn't that by definition mean there were 2 Helios?

Then I guess she got the second one fast. I know I can usually get one within two days when one of our family loses/breaks/drowns one. Sometimes I think our daughter is majoring in screen cracking in college

I need to review Helio testimony....

I think she needs to be watched 24/7. If she can find a way to manipulate others with toothbrushes, paper or Beano she'll do it. She thinks she's smarter than her fellow convicts and the correction officers.

Yep, all the more reason to be relieved she's locked away, forever, in a place where she can be watched 24/7 (thanks again, JM).

Reality is, being on trial for slaughtering Travis was the pinnacle of her sorry life; her golden years, the best it ever was or will be. Epilogue time now for the , as others write about the trial, and as a few handfuls of her hardcore fans and self-serving groupies play reruns online of their most vile barbs, trying to eek out a few last minutes of notoriety and a few last dollars in profit off her infamy.

And already, in these next- to- best times for her, the is all but silenced. Her one feeble and pathetic scheme to reclaim the limelight, her using and being used by a 2 bit punk "rapper" to sell herself as a DV martyr and heroine, brought down the wrath of Perryville guards, and, I suspect, sincerely pissed off a whole bunch of maxumum security inmates who had their cells tossed and bodies sniffed just because the thinks she's special.

JM is touring the country as a NYT best-selling author while she is is reduced to having someone else post an occasional ridiculous tweet on her behalf, and the few dribbles of "news" about her for months now have either mocked or vilified her.

Next, and not soon enough, IMO, comes those 40 or 50 odd years of total blackout silence when absolutely nobody gives a flying duck about the , when she is completely on her own in that hellhole.

Then I guess she got the second one fast. I know I can usually get one within two days when one of our family loses/breaks/drowns one. Sometimes I think our daughter is majoring in screen cracking in college

Had to have been really really fast if she used helio #2 to text Travis in the wee hours of May 22, especially since May 18 was a Sunday. Somehow I doubt that JM got in the weeds about when and how she came by Helio #2. And in any case, not sure if it's possible to differentiate what phone she was using on any given day, since she had only one phone company (Sprint, never had a different carrier for her Helios) and only one (known) phone number from Dec 07-June 2008.

if you're going looking.....IIRC, there was a some wrangling about Helio #1 on the first day of PP2. JM was casting doubt on whether or not the Helio was actually stolen, Nurmi countered by saying JM had already stipulated as to the authenticity of what was on the sex tape. Again IIRC, I think the wrangling came back up on day 2 of PP2, briefly, and I think JM's interest in revisiting the provenance was solely related to the May 2 manufactured IM's.

I can't name that post in one letter, more please. :D

Welcome to the greatest place on Earth, Beccaraeee!

Ahhhh! I pocket posted while lurking at work, that is the worst first post in the history of websleuths [emoji30]

My apologies!!

Back to the photo's of Jodi and the blue men's shirts. In the one that where you can see a man's head , the wood paneling is tacky and cheap, and doesn't look like anything in Travis's home. Did Travis have a brown leather (pleather?) couch and mirror at his house? I'd think he'd be more careful of anyone walking in since he never locked his doors.

Jodi made too much of a big Oh My what will I do my phone is lost , and she calls Gus and others to let them know, but not Travis.

Ahhhh! I pocket posted while lurking at work, that is the worst first post in the history of websleuths [emoji30]

My apologies!!

Well, I doubt it was. We have in the past had some trolls stop by on numerous WS forums and on any given day any one of them could qualify for worst first post in the history of WS.

Welcome aboard, even if all you want to do is lurk. :)

Well, I doubt it was. We have in the past had some trolls stop by on numerous WS forums and on any given day any one of them could qualify for worst first post in the history of WS.

Welcome aboard, even if all you want to do is lurk. :)

Thank you [emoji5]
I'm still learning the ropes, will soon be active! (I hope[emoji15])

She either never lost the first Helio or got the replacement one very soon. She took her selfies on June 3rd via Helio phone

Yes, and that is where the whole confusion with this phone lies. She reported that phone stolen and it had been "missing" from 5.18.08 until some time in 2010. But there was no testimony about Helio Two. Everything presented that came from a Helio came from the "stolen" one, the one the defense would not give the prosecution time to evaluate. That is why I kept saying there is confusion because she can't take a picture of her June 1st Margarita "wounds" or a pic of herself on June 3rd with a phone that she's not supposed to have in her possession.

I do not understand why it wasn't pointed out in trial that she took selfies on June 3rd with a phone she'd reported stolen. That is why I kept insisting upon understand what phone she had on the trip and what phone she had when arrested. And if she took the June 3rd pics on the lost Helio, then she had two phones with her on the trip--unless Helio never sent a second phone.

It's very confusing.

You're welcome, WM. :) I have a hard time telling if it's one or two different ones, in the second the wood doesn't look that much like his bed frame (and can't be seen in the first pic) and the first one looks wider but could just be the angle. I enlarged the first one, I think it looks quite a bit like the shape of a foot. I do recall JM saying there wasn't any blood anywhere else in the room but Travis was too fastidious to leave a stain like that next to his bed and it was significant enough for the CSIs to photograph it with measuring equipment.

The one you added to the post just above has a dripping trail at the top of it. These pics bother me as much as the hand print swipes at the bottom of the closet door on the right (in the bedroom) that were never addressed.

As for the shaving pictures, I think Nurmi did a pretty decent job sorting out what Jodi had meant by the shaving statements on redirect. There's nothing to determine whether he shaved or not, really, given how each person's facial hair grows at varying rates.

As for whether it got a place card, I recall seeing pics of things with place cards and some without. Some pics were shown before the cards were put down. One example I think of off hand is that fiber on the stairs. I have a picture of it without a place card and I have a picture of it with a place card.

For example, the throat slashing stain on the carpet has no place card. Additionally, the blood spatter expert denoted a spot on the carpet where she'd found blood, but there was no place card in the picture. JM had asked her "And there wasn't any other staining in the bedroom?" And she put a dot on the picture in front of the closet and said there was one in that area. Via the picture, we saw no place card or indication that they'd found a stain where she pointed.

As for Darryl Brewer and his fight with JA:

On redirect, JA managed to babble out really quickly that she'd had a fight with him that had almost given her a nervous breakdown, so it was mentioned after all.

Yes, and that is where the whole confusion with this phone lies. She reported that phone stolen and it had been "missing" from 5.18.08 until some time in 2010. But there was no testimony about Helio Two. Everything presented that came from a Helio came from the "stolen" one, the one the defense would not give the prosecution time to evaluate. That is why I kept saying there is confusion because she can't take a picture of her June 1st Margarita "wounds" or a pic of herself on June 3rd with a phone that she's not supposed to have in her possession.

I do not understand why it wasn't pointed out in trial that she took selfies on June 3rd with a phone she'd reported stolen. That is why I kept insisting upon understand what phone she had on the trip and what phone she had when arrested. And if she took the June 3rd pics on the lost Helio, then she had two phones with her on the trip--unless Helio never sent a second phone.

It's very confusing.

That's what I want to know. Was the Helio with the sex tape recording the same phone as the finger injury and June 3 selfies?
Maybe she hid the phone after the murder because she realized the selfies could incriminate her? Then once she changed to a self defense strategy and wanted to charge Travis as a pedophile, she remembers the 12 year old girl comment on the tape and decides it's worth the risk to let her family know where to "find" the phone.
But then, why a police report on May 18? Plus, Hope points out Martinez could easily subpoena Helio for evidence of if a new phone was or was not shipped to her...

Ughh, it's hard to read centered text on Websleuth.
How can I get left justified text back?

That's what I want to know. Was the Helio with the sex tape recording the same phone as the finger injury and June 3 selfies?
Maybe she hid the phone after the murder because she realized the selfies could incriminate her? Then once she changed to a self defense strategy and wanted to charge Travis as a pedophile, she remembers the 12 year old girl comment on the tape and decides it's worth the risk to let her family know where to "find" the phone.
But then, why a police report on May 18? Plus, Hope points out Martinez could easily subpoena Helio for evidence of if a new phone was or was not shipped to her...

I'm with you. I need the phone mystery solved. I believe they "found" the phone for the text messages--that I doubt Travis even wrote--and for the recordings, like you say. It was a huge risk to bring it forward with those selfies on it; however, it was the defense's assertion that she'd been dark-haired all along, and Columbo was mistaken.

I believe she made Helio 1 go missing on May 18th for some other hinky reason that had to do with Travis in Mid-May but I cannot figure out what it is.

From what I understand, all the phone evidence she presented, the sex in the woods text, the selfies, the recordings, and the finger injury picture were on Helio 1, the stolen Helio. They have never in trial differentiated which Helio they are talking about, so there has to be just one they are discussing. Which is why I want to know what phone she got arrested with. I have to look at JM's re-cross about the finger pics to see how he recall how he responded to them.

It's apparent that she was talking to people on some phone after May 18th. It doesn't seem likely that the police wouldn't confiscate whatever phone she was using at the time of the arrest. So there has to be a second phone. someone put forth the assertion that the phone she claimed she'd ruined in chocolate hadn't really been ruined, and the police took that phone into custody upon her arrest. If that's true, it might be possible that she NEVER contacted Helio for a replacement phone or that she called back and canceled it.

As for whether JM determined this was the case or not, we won't know. He wrote in his book, for example, that he chose not to call Lisa Andrews as his witness because he thought it would bring in JA's prior bad acts and be too prejudicial or cause grounds for an appeal in regard to the tires and JA showing up at her house or watching them sleep. He wrote that JW wound up bringing it into the case, though, anyway. It might be the case that he chose not to bring it in about the insurance lie for a reason we don't know. Same as he didn't bring in the bikini pics, and he didn't show the CD pictures even though he used the CDs as premeditation.

I suppose the statement above about Lisa is the reason JM didn't bring in a lot of people who could have testified to things that we've gleaned from texts and journals.

But--if the phone police report was actually dated May 18th--then something hinky was going on at that time. It's possible that JM could solicit Helio about the insurance claim, and it's possible that he might have done so. But it's also possible that Helio, who used Sprint networks, so JA's phone was indeed on Sprint, either didn't keep records that far back (by the time JM might decide to search for it) or they could have been out of business by May 2010. In March 2010, Sprint alerted in March 2010 that it would stop servicing Helio customers in by May. Helio 1 was "found" in 2010, but I can't recall what month.

But-- a Sprint representative did testify to her phone calls on June 2nd and 3rd. I had thought he was testifying for Travis' for some reason but I was wrong. Joe Citizen was testifying for Travis' records. It's possible that Sprint kept the call log, but not the other account information and Helio, out of business, couldn't pull up anything.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helio_(wireless_carrier)

JM might not have had a need to go investigate the insurance claim until the "stolen phone" surfaced in 2010. In fact, whatever phone the police confiscated might have been the only one they concentrated on until 2010. If they had Helio 2 in custody as of July 2008, then it goes along with what her journal says. If they had a different phone in custody, I would think they'd want to know where the insurance phone is, but that is only if they were even focusing on what she wrote in a journal on May 18th and May 21st. In totality of the evidence on hand, the insurance and replacement seem like such a small detail to investigate. If they didn't finger print the shower or Travis' computer (to my knowledge) why investigate Helio?

It's just confusing, and at one point, I decided that she had all three phones in the car on the trip. Back then, wasn't it as easy as slipping a SIM card from one phone to another to change phones? Or is it that simple still? Maybe she had a whole other phone and service no one even knew about.

On the other hand, I have to keep in mind that JA didn't have a bunch of money for all that, and it would be expensive to maintain another phone--unless it was a prepaid or disposable one, I guess.

Also important to note is that JA didn't have her own Internet service while in Mesa, and she'd often go to Travis' house to "check her emails." I just shifted topics. Sorry. I was about to talk about how likely or unlikely it was that she could snoop on his internet activities constantly if she didn't have her own Internet as part of the rent for the room she had in Mesa. I assume she'd use her own laptop at Travis' on wifi, so he couldn't "backspace" into her accounts. hee...hee... I have to compose a whole nother post that one.

All of this is just speculation off the cuff about the phone. I don't assert of any my theories as fact. But I really think she was up to something on May 18th if indeed there exists a police report for the phone dated at that time.

Ughh, it's hard to read centered text on Websleuth.
How can I get left justified text back?

Pocket, I think this just happens sometimes and refreshing might fix it. I run into this, too, on rare occasions.

Yea. Carpet installers finally called. So I'm out the door. See you guys later.

search warrant return for grandparents

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

So there were three phones recovered at arrest. Then a Helio recovered in 2010

Good work, TexMex. I never believed she lost the Helio or the stupid story about it being found. She reported the Helio lost for a reason - perhaps to scare Travis as there were 'scandalous' items on it? A prelude to blackmail attempts?

I have that pic lol:

(I'm replying to geevee's post #283 but the pictures she posted don't show up in 'originally posted' box.)

This first picture shows a box spring of a bed. I think it's probably one of his roommate's bed.
bed1.jpg

Travis' panel bed without box spring.
bed.jpg

search warrant return for grandparents

View attachment 91589

View attachment 91590

So there were three phones recovered at arrest. Then a Helio recovered in 2010

OK. Phone #1. Motorola RAZR, silver-black, in purse under bed.

Phone #2. Black, no brand, on bed, as is her purse.

Phone #3. Silver-black, no brand, on floor, as is camera bag.

(This is literally the 4th or 5th time I've seen this list..something different every time. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove