Sentencing and beyond- JA General Discussion #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't believe for a second that she was going to "flee" to Mexico; that would entail having a job and supporting herself, something she'd never done. She was always supported by mom and dad, or various men she "dated." As for suicide, not a chance..she didn't have the courage, and even if she were contemplating suicide, why the knife?

I don't understand why it's so difficult to believe she was on her way to do the exact same thing she'd just done. When deciding to kill Travis, she rented a car, she packed a knife and a gun, some luggage, and off she went.
So she accomplishes her murder, returns home, waits a bit; rents a car, packs a knife and a gun, some luggage, and was ready to go.

Don't know about anyone else, but when I go camping, or on a trip, I don't feel the need to stash knives and a gun in my car.

My money's on Deanna as her next victim...when Deanna was on the stand, Arias was beside herself...so fidgety and seething. Also, it's always Deanna mentioned in her writing...the letter to the grandparents, her journals, the manifesto; she referred to Deanna in the letter to the court regarding Nurmi and his lack of questioning of her etc
Her hatred of Deanna didn't abate over the years..simmering seething hatred.

Good points, plus DR was living in southern CA too. As for what she had packed, changes of clothing would be necessary in most scenarios, but I don't get why anyone would take boxes of books or someone else's old household goods(knives, etc) with them if they were simply fleeing... unless they were to be used for excuses to gain entrance into what would otherwise not be readily opened to her(especially if it were known she was a suspect in such a vicious murder). The gun is the only thing that points to her possibly fleeing because it was hidden in the car and not in her purse, though if the reports were correct and it was just stashed in the trunk's spare tire space... big deal, isn't the trunk where her luggage was likely to be kept once she packed that too?
ie. hey there MM's roommate, just dropping off some of MM's old books, do you mind if I take a nap until he gets home from work... or hiya DB's son, your dad told me to give you a ride home from school since I'm on my way there anyway to drop off some of his old kitchen gear... heck, even with DR I can see her wiggling her way in the door via DR's dad just like Nurmi did.

I don't believe for a second that she was going to "flee" to Mexico; that would entail having a job and supporting herself, something she'd never done. She was always supported by mom and dad, or various men she "dated." As for suicide, not a chance..she didn't have the courage, and even if she were contemplating suicide, why the knife?

I don't understand why it's so difficult to believe she was on her way to do the exact same thing she'd just done. When deciding to kill Travis, she rented a car, she packed a knife and a gun, some luggage, and off she went.
So she accomplishes her murder, returns home, waits a bit; rents a car, packs a knife and a gun, some luggage, and was ready to go.

Don't know about anyone else, but when I go camping, or on a trip, I don't feel the need to stash knives and a gun in my car.

My money's on Deanna as her next victim...when Deanna was on the stand, Arias was beside herself...so fidgety and seething. Also, it's always Deanna mentioned in her writing...the letter to the grandparents, her journals, the manifesto; she referred to Deanna in the letter to the court regarding Nurmi and his lack of questioning of her etc
Her hatred of Deanna didn't abate over the years..simmering seething hatred.

I always take knives and a gun camping. But IIRC the camping story was what she said in court to explain why she bought the 9mm. The arrest story was going for 3 days to visit her exes. The police had called her work the day before and it spooked her.
Jodi actually did support herself for a few years and had the background to work in a restaurant in Mexico, she also spoke Spanish.

Did she support herself? Started with Bobby J in his parents'/grandparents' home..in with MM..home to Grandma...in with DB...home to grandma...to Mesa, where she had to borrow money from Travis (probably Gus and whomever else) even to pay a phone bill...according to her she lived rent free with Rachel...fired from her waitressing job...back to grandma...right up to the day of her arrest.

Just can't see her setting up house in another country, alone, and self sufficient.

Did she support herself? Started with Bobby J in his parents'/grandparents' home..in with MM..home to Grandma...in with DB...home to grandma...to Mesa, where she had to borrow money from Travis (probably Gus and whomever else) even to pay a phone bill...according to her she lived rent free with Rachel...fired from her waitressing job...back to grandma...right up to the day of her arrest.

Just can't see her setting up house in another country, alone, and self sufficient.

She slept her way to the top at Ventana. She had money in savings before putting it down on the house IIRC.
I'm not saying it was a GOOD plan...but maybe she thought it would beat living in a cage like a dog, being fed at regular intervals

Come back home for a visit soon. Friday I'm cooking seven briskets, ten racks of ribs, some sausage, dirty rice, charro beans and cole slaw for our daughters engagement party. Fifteen cases of beer and two of wine. Live band and dancing.

Whenever I leave for anything over two days I immediately head for either: BBQ, chicken fried steak or cheese enchiladas as soon as I set my suitcase down. Gotta have it

View attachment 94778

OMG! You never fail to make me hungry! Seven briskets and ten racks of ribs? Sounds like a good time will be had by all.

Have to ask though — since I've never had it — what exactly is chicken fried steak????

OMG! You never fail to make me hungry! Seven briskets and ten racks of ribs? Sounds like a good time will be had by all.

Have to ask though — since I've never had it — what exactly is chicken fried steak????

According to Wiki... though TexMex may have another opinion...

"Chicken fried steak is an American breaded cutlet dish consisting of a piece of steak (tenderized cube steak) coated with seasoned flour and pan-fried."

According to Wiki... though TexMex may have another opinion...

"Chicken fried steak is an American breaded cutlet dish consisting of a piece of steak (tenderized cube steak) coated with seasoned flour and pan-fried."

Hmm, that doesn't sound very appetizing... But I guess it tastes better than it sounds?

I would be interested in seeing a complete list of items found in the car at the time of the arrest. I know only of the gun found in the spare tire compartment, kitchen knives and clothes. I have two ideas.

1. Running to Mexico because she was starting to feel paranoid (we can never know how far she had finished packing and how much more she intended to take). I know personally, if I had all of those boxes intended only to transport to a far destination that contained items meant only for transporting and NOT quick access, I would put them in the trunk of the cat so my personal items wouldn't be in sight during restroom breaks, or whenever my car would be unattended. Alternatively, hiding the gun would be necessary for a border check.

2. She was on her way to stage a murder that would throw LE off of her trail. Maybe the Hughes, maybe Gus, maybe a plethora of Travis associates with no affiliation to her. Maybe in hopes thay LE would see theres no motive for the and thereby show it just COULDN'T be the who murdered TA because she wasn't involved with the second victim. She hid the gun in case she was pulled over/detained.

Who knows!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

I guess you didn't know about the array of condoms?

The key is the gravy...

image.jpeg

Okay, that does look somewhat satisfying... But may I have some more cheese enchiladas, please? lol

I still dream about the Mexican restaurant in Bryan we used to go to while I was at A&M. It was called Los Nortenos and I'd usually order the Little Tony. Three cheese enchiladas and a crispy taco, rice and beans. Great homemade salsa and tortillas.
You could bring your own beer. I'm still trying to find cheese enchiladas to match those.

Hmm, that doesn't sound very appetizing... But I guess it tastes better than it sounds?

Oh, Chicken-fried steak is yummy! Has that fried chicken coating on it, so it almost doesn't taste like steak.

Since posting pics of food is de rigueur, I present my breakfast.

Try not to seethe with jealousy at this veritable smorgasbord! :happydance:

Attachments

• IMG_20160519_110404.jpg
    IMG_20160519_110404.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 42
Since posting pics of food is de rigueur, I present my breakfast.

Try not to seethe with jealousy at this veritable smorgasbord! :happydance:

French toast n bacon here. Breakfast in bed, relaxing pre party

image.jpg

[emoji24] Chicken fried steak..[emoji24]

Oh. My. Goodness, I am so sorry!!!!!!!

ETA: White pepper gravy and Mashed potatoes are required for this dish. I'm still naive enough to be shocked not everyone has had it!

Tex Mex is non-existent here. Whenever I go home, it's an immediate stop to Whataburger and next is TexMex, then BEEF BBQ, no sauce (dry rub).

What I would give for some Salt Lick right now!!

From COA:
412. 11-May-2016 FILED: Request for Management Conference and Briefing Schedule; Certificate of Service (Appellant)

415. 17-May-2016 ORDERED: Request for Management Conference and Briefing Schedule (Appellant) = DENIED. Anthony Mackey ProTem
Judge - Author

Per COA FAQ:
C. Management Conferences

In an appeal from a lengthy trial or in which the record or legal issues are particularly complex, the Court, in its own discretion or at the request of a party, may schedule a management conference to set deadlines for the supplementation of the record and the filing of briefs. Counsel desiring such a management conference must file a request within 30 days of issuance of the Clerk's Notice of Completion or within 30 days of counsel's appointment, whichever is later.

Since JA's request for Conference & Briefing Schedule was denied, I'm guessing (1) they do not intend to allow any special extensions of time for scheduling of briefs, and (2) don't anticipate appeal issues being all that complex since it was definitely a long trial. Do love seeing that "DENIED" though, will never get old...

From COA:

Per COA FAQ:

Since JA's request for Conference & Briefing Schedule was denied, I'm guessing (1) they do not intend to allow any special extensions of time for scheduling of briefs, and (2) don't anticipate appeal issues being all that complex since it was definitely a long trial. Do love seeing that "DENIED" though, will never get old...

I'm surprised this was denied. But agree-it never gets old. :)

[emoji24] Chicken fried steak..[emoji24]

Oh. My. Goodness, I am so sorry!!!!!!!

ETA: White pepper gravy and Mashed potatoes are required for this dish. I'm still naive enough to be shocked not everyone has had it!

Tex Mex is non-existent here. Whenever I go home, it's an immediate stop to Whataburger and next is TexMex, then BEEF BBQ, no sauce (dry rub).

What I would give for some Salt Lick right now!!

I've got the fire started. Cooking some chicken for fajitas for supper then putting on the briskets to cook all night

image.jpg

image.jpg

I've got the fire started. Cooking some chicken for fajitas for supper then putting on the briskets to cook all night

View attachment 94873

View attachment 94874

I made steak fajitas for dinner tonight. Fresh pico, guacamole, and home made tortillas. Rice and beans on the side. Life is indeed good. I had my first What a Burger in Corpus Christe in 1971, on a trip to Matamoros. We also drove over a low/no side long bridge across the bay to South Padre Island. Each time we'd go to Padre or Mexico we'd stop at the same one. IIRC it was near where you turn off to get on 37 to go to San Antonio.

I made steak fajitas for dinner tonight. Fresh pico, guacamole, and home made tortillas. Rice and beans on the side. Life is indeed good. I had my first What a Burger in Corpus Christe in 1971, on a trip to Matamoros. We also drove over a low/no side long bridge across the bay to South Padre Island. Each time we'd go to Padre or Mexico we'd stop at the same one. IIRC it was near where you turn off to get on 37 to go to San Antonio.

The original, 2 story Whataburger on Shoreline?
I like the Harbor Bridge in Corpus...lit up

image.jpeg

I wish I would've made some guacamole...fixing to play some spades with the family. My mother in law is a card shark -----^----

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crimecat8