DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 8th - $60,452.55
May 1st - $56,092.55
April 24th - $54,002.55

BBM - The only time she ever wore something 'businessy' was during court appearances (before she was sentenced :jail:).

Thank you - for all her talk about 'walking by the pool in her business clothes', I can't remember ever seeing a photo of her in any - and she did like her photos. - but yes, her court clothes, certainly.

I have always wondered, if CMJA finger was already broken at Travis' house the day she murdered him, then how come on her bloody handprint on the wall, was that same finger flat. I would think if her finger was already broke, there would be a skip on the handprint where her broken finger pressed on it. I was under the impression that she could not lay her finger flat.

Adrenaline? Was is her left palm print? She is left-handed after all. She could of cut her after the palm print, as it is hard to tell if it was made while Travis was making his way down the hallway or while she was dragging him back to the shower.

O/t

@fox5newsdc: #FindLanceBuckley: RT to help spread the word about this missing Howard Univ. student: http://t.co/pGYCqkeiNj http://t.co/jodwliYLlt

@JoeStGeorge: Police release surveillance video of #findlancebuckley as he makes withdraws from an ATM. He is still missing http://t.co/SC5uX6loNb

@fox5newsdc: Where is Lance Buckley? Howard student vanishes after text to wife http://t.co/pGYCqjWHoJ http://t.co/6hfQ0NHgXU

Maybe someone can start a thread for him. Missing since May 5th

Never mind, someone already started one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Link please!!! TIA! :wave:

I may be the only one here who agrees with you, but IMO PPL seems dodgy as. AFAIK Gus Searcy and that Abe guy were both big in it and they seem sleazy to me. And that whole whip up the crowds motivational stuff leaves me cold. It's not a popular view here but I don't particularly like TA from what I've learned of him during this trial: his hypocrisy and seemingly always threatening to whip someone's *advertiser censored* are not attributes I admire. Nothing to do with his horrible death - no-one deserves that and his killer is where she should be but wanting to see justice served is a different thing to the (admittedly second-hand) opinion all of us who followed this trial formed of Travis.

IMO, Travis got "sucked in" easily by PPL, Arias because of his personality. PPL seemed to not be a good choice for him as woman he dated and he wanted to marry, did not want to marry him because of PPL. It's too bad, because if it weren't for PPL Travis and Arias would of never met.

:jawdrop:

A fool and his money are soon parted...
Exactly. They are better off donating directly to charity since they will never raise the $250,000 retainer for a private attorney. From the appellate fund webpage:

Q9: WHAT HAPPENS TO THE MONEY IF APPEALS ARE NOT PURSUED OR IF THERE IS MONEY LEFT OVER AFTERWARD?

A9: First, appeals will be pursued. Second, given that Jodi’s legal defense fees cost taxpayers over $2 million the first time around, it is unlikely that there will be any money in the fund remaining. However, on the off-chance that there is, it will be split down the middle and given to two nonprofit organizations. One helps disabled children, and one is a no-kill animal sanctuary. These instructions are built into the trust.

http://justice4jodi.com/appellate-fund-faqs/

I highly doubt that those unnamed non-profit organizations will ever see a dime, because all the 'left over' money will be funneled elsewhere first. I sincerely hope the restitution hearing brings to light all the fundraising scams conducted on behalf of this killer (including the artwork sales that MDLR was involved with). :moo:

Thank you - for all her talk about 'walking by the pool in her business clothes', I can't remember ever seeing a photo of her in any - and she did like her photos. - but yes, her court clothes, certainly.

I wouldn't consider her courtroom attire to be "business clothes." She dressed in what I would consider to be casual apparel. But one has to consider that they had to be loose enough to hide her restraints...

I never thought of hiding her restraints. I'm sure she would've love to wear more form fitting clothes to show off her figure. I really think she thought her feminine charm and body would help her to persuade the male jurors. Guess it didn't work,Jodi. LOL

Exactly. They are better off donating directly to charity since they will never raise the $250,000 retainer for a private attorney. From the appellate fund webpage:

Q9: WHAT HAPPENS TO THE MONEY IF APPEALS ARE NOT PURSUED OR IF THERE IS MONEY LEFT OVER AFTERWARD?

A9: First, appeals will be pursued. Second, given that Jodi’s legal defense fees cost taxpayers over $2 million the first time around, it is unlikely that there will be any money in the fund remaining. However, on the off-chance that there is, it will be split down the middle and given to two nonprofit organizations. One helps disabled children, and one is a no-kill animal sanctuary. These instructions are built into the trust.

I highly doubt that those unnamed non-profit organizations will ever see a dime, because all the 'left over' money will be funneled elsewhere first. I sincerely hope the restitution hearing brings to light all the fundraising scams conducted on behalf of this killer (including the artwork sales that MDLR was involved with). :moo:

Wow! If CMJA's taxpayer funded proceedings are successful, those are going to be some lucky pups!

In so many ways this case is like no other, however, I can conceive of a more sympathetic or "iffy" case wherein a potential donor might have an interest in donating to a fund for reasons other than any affinity for the actual convicted. It could be akin to donating to a political candidates campaign, not because of any affinity for the actual candidate, but an interest in their political ideology. In the same way, I think people should be allowed to donate if they wish.

My issue with this fund is that the name of the fund seems to change between "appellate fund" and "legal defense fund". And the FAQ page says "legal fees may include..." If someone can use a gold panning camping trip with potentially drunk and unnamed men as explanation for the purchase of a 9MM gun, I have no doubt she could claim the funding of commissary treats would be allowable as proper nutrients necessary for hearing preparation, etc...

May 8th - $60,452.55
May 1st - $56,092.55
April 24th - $54,002.55

Just because they say they have $60,000.00 doesn't mean they actually have $60,000.00. I don't believe any of it. I'd be surprised if they even had $6000.00, let alone $60,000.00.

Just because they say they have $60,000.00 doesn't mean they actually have $60,000.00. I don't believe any of it. I'd be surprised if they even had $6000.00, let alone $60,000.00.

I was just the messenger - don't shoot!

IMO, Travis got "sucked in" easily by PPL, Arias because of his personality. PPL seemed to not be a good choice for him as woman he dated and he wanted to marry, did not want to marry him because of PPL. It's too bad, because if it weren't for PPL Travis and Arias would of never met.

Here's my take on the whole PPL thing and Travis. Doing PPL evidently gave TA the confidence to make something of himself and be successful. Quickly. He appears to have had natural business instincts. These qualities are all transferable. TA could very easily have started his own company and been great at it. He was somewhat heading in this direction with his book, blog, motivational speaking, etc. In the not too far distant future, he might have outgrown PPL and struck out on his own. In the meantime, it gave him structures, goals, and a chance to learn about himself with a lot of support.

I'm not sure what the "whip someone's *advertiser censored*" talk was about, but I will tell you from my own experience that very successful salespeople are sometimes a little rough around the edges. This is going to be even more overt the further out a salesperson is on the "car sales spectrum." Like it or not, TA definitely belonged on that "car sales spectrum." However, he may not have stayed out there his whole career. He may eventually (maybe not too far in the future) have pulled back his loud energy and integrated the skilled entrepreneur and moral conservative sides. He was a contemplator and not extroverted to the exclusion of evaluating his own personality and behavior, so perhaps he would have come around to a more consultative and mature presentation. And as for the hypocrisy, I don't believe TA was blind to it. Plus Jodi encouraged and shared in it. The DT sure liked to emphasize it, though.

This is just my sense of what was happening in Travis' career trajectory. I did not know the man.

The FAQ page for the fund says that figure will be a "rounded-off number", so maybe their idea of rounding is different?

The FAQ page is interesting reading. It begins to explain that taxpayers will actually "fund very little" of post conviction proceedings, then launches into a long paragraph describing all of the proceedings taxpayers will be funding before finally getting to the point where a private attorney would be retained. I don't know, to me that big middle part of the paragraph felt expensive. I didn't read it as "very little" in scope, but maybe their idea of gratitude is similar to their idea of rounding.

That would be Story #10 for that particular injury. That's sure going to be believable! And she was the one that had the ring evidence removed for being prejudicial. Now that she's in prison, I'm thinking they could easily get an Xray for the same reason they can legally get her DNA. And then again, they only have to order tests for potential osteo-arthritis, potential multiple myeloma, potential osteoporosis, potential Raynaud's, potential Sjogren's, potential focal dystonia, potential tendon-pinching dyspepsia, potential Epstein-Barr associated finger collapse, potential Swiss-cheese irritation of the digits, potential blood-poisoning from lead-containing crayon and golf-pencil and miscellaneous craft supplies used for facial and privates vajazzling (not to mention contraband eyebrow erasers), potential phalangeal medial cystic congealment, potential asymmetrical bone wasting, potential carpenter-induced hyper clinodactyly (reference: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clinodactyly ), potential long ring finger from too many fantasy potential wedding bands syndrome (with consequent watch-and-wait potential amputation), potential gout-inducing over-crystallization of the outer dorsal sinistral phalanx seal, and BOOM!: more Xrays/MRI's on those fingers than she could ever imagine! The only way she could get around this was never to complain about anything medical her entire LWOP life.

Thanks button is acting up intermittently, but this was too funny!!!:laugh::lol::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

Some people are so foolish.....The money won't be going to any charities or to Jodi: the "trust" money goes to the Alexanders. No problem at all tracking down the conservators of any funds on Jodi's behalf and getting them prosecuted for aiding and abetting a crime, opening accounts under false names and to get around the law, money laundering, hiding $$$ for the purpose of evading bankruptcy judgments..... No problem, either, in tracking down donors. Donors are really going to get the wrong end of the stick in this. The heads of trust fund managers, fund raisers, and donors alike are going to spin faster than they can ever imagine with what's about to come down the pike.

Incidentally, no charity will accept money from Jodi and her minions. What happened to St. Jude—not to mention the specious donations to a domestic violence organization which made clear they had nothing to do with the Perryville Princess and never would—will almost assuredly happen to the dog shelter and the disabled children's fund. Bad publicity alienates legitimate donors who are acting within the law. Websleuths will be all over this, making sure non-profits know what they are getting, just as they did the last time. No charity will want to be a St. Jude.

Who will be paying for Jodi's lawyers in the Alexanders' civil case? Bwahahaha! Some lucky donors are going to be left holding the bag, I'd guess.... Or maybe Sandy and Sue? MDLR? They're all going to get stiffed IMO. Or else they're going to run off with the money.

AFAIK, there are tweets that show MDLR was managing funds and not just smuggling art work.

Any money for Jodi's use has to get placed in her commissary account in a trust managed by the State of Arizona. The Alexanders will get a very significant portion of this automatically deducted. That's the law.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member