:)

Send sweatshirts.

Mohair.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-06-17 at 11.30.50 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2015-06-17 at 11.30.50 AM.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 162
OT: Has anyone read the Hugh's book and is it worth reading? TIA

But what's her concept of 'good'? I think she wanted the good things in life for herself without any concept of having to work for them or deserve them. She deserved them because she wanted them, and it was nobody's business or place to question her or be in opposition to her wishes, and if everybody just fell in line with that she would have been fine.

I think the impossibility of that actually happening is where her interpersonal conflicts came from. Impossible because her entire concept of living was one of taking and never giving, at least without getting something of equal or greater value in return. At the same time, the impossibility of living this way was, well, impossible for her see. So when she was called upon to 'pay up' so to speak, to earn her keep, she had an enemy, and went on a mission.

Great thought.

I use "good" and "bad" because most times I'm a simple gal and it's easier for me.

I also assume she's a psychopath so she can't really know "good or bad" but she absolutely sees how other people react to specific behavior. We know psychopaths learn to imitate so they can reasonably navigate society. They learn what's acceptable and not. I guess I mean that she's aware of what other people would consider good in comparison to her. I don't believe she thinks she's "bad" by any stretch. I do believe she's aware that other people view her as bad, evil, not good, whatever and that's why she tries too hard to force the sweet, meek woman mask.

It's one thing to be aware of something superficially or intellectually, but another to internally "know" it? I always have a hard time explaining this, I should do some reading and find correct terminology, lol.*

She was aware enough of what people consider "good" to threaten to out TA to his community, while placing herself in the poor, little, used innocent victim position.

*Edie Brickell: I'm not aware of too many things. I know what I know, if you know what I mean. Do ya?

Originally Posted by FelicityLemon
My opinion is that ja is a black hole of humanity with an insatiable need to destroy anyone whom she perceives as "good" because she continually compares herself to others and comes up short.

But what's her concept of 'good'? I think she wanted the good things in life for herself without any concept of having to work for them or deserve them. She deserved them because she wanted them, and it was nobody's business or place to question her or be in opposition to her wishes, and if everybody just fell in line with that she would have been fine.

I think the impossibility of that actually happening is where her interpersonal conflicts came from. Impossible because her entire concept of living was one of taking and never giving, at least not without getting something of equal or greater value in return. At the same time, the impossibility of living this way was, well, impossible for her see. So when she was called upon to 'pay up' so to speak, to earn her keep, she had an enemy, and went on a mission.

* The term "Good", in my humble opinion, was anyone who saw her for who/what she really is as a person and wanted nothing to do with her.

I also agree with your assessment of her. She talked a good game (photographer, artiste, aspiring real estate investor, etc) but in reality she was just a professional waitress who graduated from tenth grade. And it showed.

Hot Enough Fer Ya?
:)

Send sweatshirts.

Mohair.

Is that a Seinfeld reference? If so, well done. Aaaa-choo! :D

I can appreciate the National "Talk Like A Pirate" day (though I don't partake), but I would also love to see a National "Talk Like Seinfeld" day, too. :D

originally posted by felicitylemon
my opinion is that ja is a black hole of humanity with an insatiable need to destroy anyone whom she perceives as "good" because she continually compares herself to others and comes up short.

* the term "good", in my humble opinion, was anyone who saw her for who/what she really is as a person and wanted nothing to do with her.

I also agree with your assessment of her. She talked a good game (photographer, artiste, aspiring real estate investor, etc) but in reality she was just a professional waitress who graduated from tenth grade. And it showed.

lol...

Hot Enough Fer Ya?

Is that a Seinfeld reference? If so, well done. Aaaa-choo! :D

I can appreciate the National "Talk Like A Pirate" day (though I don't partake), but I would also love to see a National "Talk Like Seinfeld" day, too. :D

LOL!

:drumroll:

Great thought.

I use "good" and "bad" because most times I'm a simple gal and it's easier for me.

I also assume she's a psychopath so she can't really know "good or bad" but she absolutely sees how other people react to specific behavior. We know psychopaths learn to imitate so they can reasonably navigate society. They learn what's acceptable and not. I guess I mean that she's aware of what other people would consider good in comparison to her. I don't believe she thinks she's "bad" by any stretch. I do believe she's aware that other people view her as bad, evil, not good, whatever and that's why she tries too hard to force the sweet, meek woman mask.

It's one thing to be aware of something superficially or intellectually, but another to internally "know" it? I always have a hard time explaining this, I should do some reading and find correct terminology, lol.*

She was aware enough of what people consider "good" to threaten to out TA to his community, while placing herself in the poor, little, used innocent victim position.

*Edie Brickell: I'm not aware of too many things. I know what I know, if you know what I mean. Do ya?

Yes, so to summarize, what's 'good' to her is getting what she wants, and 'good' people are those going along with that, providing it, supporting her morally, financially, and socially, and while the foundation of all such interactions is based on her 'mask', her 'social performance', I don't think she holds that concept within her psyche. In other words, she isn't at all conscious that she's using a mask while others aren't, it comes as easy to her as breathing, because she does not live in a world of equals, her being one among many. There is her, and there is that world out there, in which she must modulate her behavior to get what she wants. What 'they' consider right and wrong have no direct bearing on her, except as a learning strategy, and information to be used, but nothing that has any authority or significance in determining her own behavior.

OT: Has anyone read the Hugh's book and is it worth reading? TIA

I have read it, and thought it was well written coming from a couple who looked out for Travis.

IMO, it is more in depth look at JA's sociopath ways and how she was able to fly under the radar for long with her personality. She HAD Travis' trust, but she did lose it around March-ish 2008.

Can you imagine what a hellion she was in her teens? My mother would have been so disappointed if I had dropped out of high school. I believe her psychopathy began at an early age, but really exacerbated itself when she quit school. She probably pissed off her parents every chance she got and never showed any remorse or respect. I was no angel in high school, but felt incredibly guilty when I messed up and it made me sad to think I hurt my mom (my dad died when I was 7). I do think, however,that her parents tried to handle her and didn't know how, never explored any professional help and wrote her off too quickly as they had several younger kids to raise after Jodi. Who quits high school in 10th grade and moves into a trailer with a boyfriend and then doesn't get her GED until she was jailed for murder 19 years later? By then, she was totally on the BPD road. I also find it odd she was able to have a 4 year relationship with Darryl.

:phone: :desert: :jawdrop: :fainted: looking at Wunderground now (4:30p) and it says today reached 115.

113degreestoday_smaller.png

You're SO good lookin'! LOL!

:drumroll:

I'm as good looking as any of the others. I just need a nose job. :D

But back to the Mohair sweater... I'm sure Jodi's rather bulbous head would completely stretch out the normal-size neck-hole opening of her finely knit Mohair sweater as it struggled to find its way through. Not to worry, though... I bet the skinny mirrors she has in her cage would make her look, like, ten pounds lighter. If only we could send her some poppy-seed muffins so she tests positive for Opium. Ok, I'll stop now.

Anyway, hey... nice to meet another Seinfan. Wanna get some pizza? lol Ok, ok, I'll stop startinggggggg NOW -- double exclamation point!! :D

On the subject of things found/not found (KY bottle, condom, condom wrapper) did the scratched photo cd (cd's?) ever turn up? Or any pieces of cd's? Didn't Jodi say Travis was so enraged about a scratched cd that he threw it at a wall, it broke, and one of the pieces bounced off the wall and hit her? I know she says they couldn't look at the photos because of the virus on Travis's computer, but she also says the problem was that the cd's were scratched. Also, does anyone recall whether or not JM asked her why she brought these cd's at all, since according to her, she didn't leave Yreka with the intention of visiting Travis?

I used to think that if there ever were any cd's, Jodi used them to make Travis see her one last time. But that never really made much sense to me, because I don't believe he'd want to save any pictures that she'd taken -- but then again, he still had the shaving picture on his Myspace page. After reading his pleas for the return of his journals, I think Jodi told him she'd return them if he agreed to see her one last time. "You'll do 'almost anything' to get your journals back? OK then, just let me take some pictures of you in the shower, then I'll let you have your journals and I promise you'll never hear from me again." Maybe?

Also -- did the ring ever turn up?

Sorry if this has all been discussed at length elsewhere.

BBM: I remember JA said that she had the CD in her computer bag. I don't remember if it was happenstance or if that's where she always kept it.

Yes, so to summarize, what's 'good' to her is getting what she wants, and 'good' people are those going along with that, providing it, supporting her morally, financially, and socially, and while the foundation of all such interactions is based on her 'mask', her 'social performance', I don't think she holds that concept within her psyche. In other words, she isn't at all conscious that she's using a mask while others aren't, it comes as easy to her as breathing, because she does not live in a world of equals, her being one among many. There is her, and there is that world out there, in which she must modulate her behavior to get what she wants. What 'they' consider right and wrong have no direct bearing on her, except as a learning strategy, and information to be used, but nothing that has any authority or significance in determining her own behavior.

I always believed that Jodi, as an adult, was quite aware of her underachievements in life and made a conscious effort in every way to portrait an image of herself to others that said she was anything but a high school dropout/professional waitress.

To be sure, she's sneaky and crafty. But was that "learned" behavior as she navigated through her teen years and beyond, or did that come naturally to her without any serious effort or conscious thought? Maybe a combination of both? "Learned" behavior out of necessity in her early teen years, and that behavior then became normal for her and, thus, she became oblivious to her own 'social performance'?

I honestly can't determine if she's wired wrong or not, but something led her down the wrong path in life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove