Sentencing and beyond- Jodi Arias General Discussion #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't been out here for a while. Offering this:
http://lizolivia.hubpages.com/hub/Travis-Alexander-and-Jodi-Arias-Relationship-Narrative

A reasonably accurate "timeline."

Hey, thanks for the link. Like most here, I followed her entire trial on tv on a daily basis (what they showed anyway), but even this tidbit was new to me:

"Jodi claimed that Travis was waiting up for her in his downstairs office watching a humorous video on the computer. She said she crept in and surprised him. Computer forensics noted that the last activity on the computer was twelve hours earlier. That implies that Travis was not waiting up for her in the office as Jodi said he was."

Well, now... I did not know this before. And if I wasn't sure for sure if Travis had invited her to Mesa or not (or had otherwise "guilted" her into visiting him), I'm now convinced she never was invited by Travis -- and probably never even talked to him on the phone that night from Pasadena as she claimed. I think her phone records did have one or two one-minute charges to Mesa that night, but I think that's consistent with sending text messages (which is her forte).

So... she's just a liar then, isn't she??? :D

I haven't been out here for a while. Offering this:
http://lizolivia.hubpages.com/hub/Travis-Alexander-and-Jodi-Arias-Relationship-Narrative

A reasonably accurate "timeline." And then there's this:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByBlLbpcgb3wUC1zTVp6dW1Va1U/view?pli=1

JA's "Manifesto." Not sure if we discussed this or not. (Or if we care.)

IMO, JA is one of the (the most?) vile killers in the headlines.

After a brief look at that sick manifesto....since JA specifies that TA had an "agenda" about connecting with her when they first met, it seems quite plain that she was the one with the agenda and she is doing her usual projections of her wishes onto TA. Also, she goes on and on about the thousands at the convention; she is very defensive on this issue. I read it that she is covering up for having stalked him there.

My first take is that someone participated in writing this with her: the words and phrasing are too polished for her usual. As we know, her normal vocabulary and grammar are "off". From the style, someone has heavily edited. It's all her hallmark thoughts, but not her frequent rediculous articulations and immature, breathy, wording.

JMO but Juan was in reaction mode the murder testimony. He probably looked for info just between the two. 20/20 is hindsight. And he was doing that for the gas cans and other things maybe it was not as important as other evidence?

IMO the State really dropped the ball with the Helio Phone by never looking at it.

I'm convinced JM saw and understood it all (with the possible exception of that Helio), but was precluded from introducing some stuff and chose strategically to not bring in other stuff.

I was SO immersed in the pedo lie that I pieced together every shred of info and evidence there was to be had and made a timeline. I rewatched her testimony on it a half dozen times. I was SO certain that JM would destroy her on it during penalty phase #2, but......he skipped over even more the 2nd time around.

I'm really looking forward to his book, which will hopefully explain his strategies for what evidence he chose to introduce and why, crossing her, etc.

Hey, thanks for the link. Like most here, I followed her entire trial on tv on a daily basis (what they showed anyway), but even this tidbit was new to me:

"Jodi claimed that Travis was waiting up for her in his downstairs office watching a humorous video on the computer. She said she crept in and surprised him. Computer forensics noted that the last activity on the computer was twelve hours earlier. That implies that Travis was not waiting up for her in the office as Jodi said he was."

Well, now... I did not know this before. And if I wasn't sure for sure if Travis had invited her to Mesa or not (or had otherwise "guilted" her into visiting him), I'm now convinced she never was invited by Travis -- and probably never even talked to him on the phone that night from Pasadena as she claimed. I think her phone records did have one or two one-minute charges to Mesa that night, but I think that's consistent with sending text messages (which is her forte).

I also ran across some thing I missed in the first go round, Wing Ding. I watched the police interrogations again, www.davidlohr.net the 11th video. Toward the end of the video she asked Det. Flores if he took her money out of her safe when they search her room. She said she had 240.00 in her purse and much more in her safe. He said they took everything in the safe, her journals etc. but the money was logged into the property account, so she shouldn't worry. I immediately thought, where did she get that much money? She just bought a 9 mm pistol and ammo, rented another car and was planning another trip. I bet she stole this money from Travis.

I also ran across some thing I missed in the first go round, Wing Ding. I watched the police interrogations again, www.davidlohr.net the 11th video. Toward the end of the video she asked Det. Flores if he took her money out of her safe when they search her room. She said she had 240.00 in her purse and much more in her safe. He said they took everything in the safe, her journals etc. but the money was logged into the property account, so she shouldn't worry. I immediately thought, where did she get that much money? She just bought a 9 mm pistol and ammo, rented another car and was planning another trip. I bet she stole this money from Travis.

I think the money came from her parents and maybe her grandparents too. Her mother went to see her to say goodbye, and IIRC, she didn't rent her get away car herself, it was paid for by a relative.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if she stole every bit of cash that Travis had in his wallet and house, though. She had plenty of time to spend it before being caught.

There was a motion for Protective order sign by Judge Mackey on August 13, 2015 about the unsealing of sealed items for appeals.
On Friday there was motion to ENFORCE the same motion?
My question is has anyone seen seal material?

9-Oct-2015
File date: 9/4/2015......................M..otion to Disqualify the Court of Appeals (Appellant)
07/Oct/2015 FILED: Response to Motion to Disqualify the Court of Appeals
(Appellee)
DECISION RENDERED: See proceeding entry for ORDER dated
15-Oct-2015 for more information...
MOTION CALENDAR
Department M;
Friday
23-Oct-2015
File date: 10/21/2015..................M...o...
tion to Enforce Protective Order Issued August 13, 2015 (Appellant)
MOTION CALENDAR
Department M;
8 P E N D I N G M A T T E R S
Order to Show Cause - Court Reporter Filed:

Beth Karas has the motion - it's about JM's book. They want a copy of the book to make sure he doesn't include any sealed info and wants the court to enforce the protective order against releasing sealed info. It quotes the Amazon description of the book and the new info it says will be revealed. As if JM wouldn't know what he can and can't include...

Seems the special inmate is worried about what might come out about her, but wouldn't it be wise of her attorneys to be working on her appeal rather than her PR at this point?

Beth Karas has the motion - it's about JM's book. They want a copy of the book to make sure he doesn't include any sealed info and wants the court to enforce the protective order against releasing sealed info. It quotes the Amazon description of the book and the new info it says will be revealed. As if JM wouldn't know what he can and can't include...

Seems the special inmate is worried about what might come out about her, but wouldn't it be wise of her attorneys to be working on her appeal rather than her PR at this point?
Thank you. I have read it. Mostly Arias doesn't want to taint a new jury. Please how much SM is already out?

Thank you. I have read it. Mostly Arias doesn't want to taint a new jury. Please how much SM is already out?

If she doesn't leave her attorneys alone and let them work on an appeal, she doesn't need to worry about a new jury. Not that there's any chance of that to begin with, but...

If she doesn't leave her attorneys alone and let them work on an appeal, she doesn't need to worry about a new jury. Not that there's any chance of that to begin with, but...
But she is special.

I think the money came from her parents and maybe her grandparents too. Her mother went to see her to say goodbye, and IIRC, she didn't rent her get away car herself, it was paid for by a relative.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if she stole every bit of cash that Travis had in his wallet and house, though. She had plenty of time to spend it before being caught.

Did we ever find out how much money there actually was in the safe? Nothing that JA has ever said about money has ever made any sense to me. She must have been spending at least $50k per year, but where was all this coming from?

Personally, I'm not interested in knowing more about her.

I DO however want Juan's side of things. One of the things I figured, was that she was only 'demure,' (all I saw was contained spite) because she was *medicated. She's practiced her deadpan face for years, but pretty sure she was throwing tantrums behind the scenes. Forget her, she's predictable, I'd like to know what Juan could teach the rest of us and the future generation of state attorneys.

To be honest, she left DNA, case was solid, but just the b.s. (Arias talking on stand for days, performing like a child-'woman' actress). It was an extremely long trial, that was not necessary, it dragged on due to motions from her attorneys. It took forever to even happen.... that still confuses me...

But are these docs not getting unsealed? I just kind of figured it depends on the state and their own laws, even after appeal; this stuff doesn't necessarily get unsealed..?

I'd just prefer to hear Juan say it the way he wants, uncensored...

Doesn't want to taint a new jury????? LMAO. Who ARE these attorneys?!

Ok ok. reluctantly ponying up the $$ for BK site again. ;)

Not to nitpick but the last laptop usage was just before 4:00 p.m. on the day he was killed (Flores testimony on redirect/recross), not the day before. But I don't believe he was either waiting up for her, knew she was coming, or even knew she was there at 3:00 or 4:00 a.m.; I think she looked up his laptop history after she killed him to see what he'd been up to before she arrived.

Although Travis didn't landscape his backyard, the screen being off his office window is meaningful imo, either she came in that way or left that way, based on his neatness inside, I don't think he just left screens lying about outside. She could have taken it off (and maybe disshveled his office closet) just to make it appear someone broke in but in the end I don't think he ever knew she was coming. I also think her last phone call to his number was when she was still in Pasadena getting gas (before she cut it off for good) but I don't think he was conversing with her by then, whatever conversation they had the night before she left for Redding was likely the last time he talked to her.

Yeah, she's a liar alright.

I belong to her site but can only read a few minutes and it throws me out of the browser.
This happens with firefox, chrome, or IE.

Did we ever find out how much money there actually was in the safe? Nothing that JA has ever said about money has ever made any sense to me. She must have been spending at least $50k per year, but where was all this coming from?

I totally agree Rickshaw Fan, I would love to know how much money she had in that safe. She told Det. Flores it was more than the money in her purse (which was $240.00) She was very concerned about that money. She told the Det that Travis kept all his money in his wallet. Why did she volunteer that information? He had money in that house and she stole it IMO. One more thing on direct examination she told Nurmi that Sky told her if she had met Travis sooner he probably would have paid for her breast implants like he did for Deanna. I missed that the first time around. I don't believe Deanna had breast implants. CMJA just wanted to embarrass Deanna.

Not to nitpick but the last laptop usage was just before 4:00 p.m. on the day he was killed (Flores testimony on redirect/recross), not the day before. But I don't believe he was either waiting up for her, knew she was coming, or even knew she was there at 3:00 or 4:00 a.m.; I think she looked up his laptop history after she killed him to see what he'd been up to before she arrived.

Although Travis didn't landscape his backyard, the screen being off his office window is meaningful imo, either she came in that way or left that way, based on his neatness inside, I don't think he just left screens lying about outside. She could have taken it off (and maybe disshveled his office closet) just to make it appear someone broke in but in the end I don't think he ever knew she was coming. I also think her last phone call to his number was when she was still in Pasadena getting gas (before she cut it off for good) but I don't think he was conversing with her by then, whatever conversation they had the night before she left for Redding was likely the last time he talked to her.

Yeah, she's a liar alright.

Those nude pictures bothered me from the beginning. I think Jodi took the nudes of herself by remote and she creeped up on Travis n got his pic over his shoulder. He looks asleep in the first picture and angry in the second. I think the flash woke him up and he attempted to toss the KY at her. Even Juan asked one of the witnesses if the KY being blurry was the result of the KY being in motion. I believe he woke up and told her to get out. Then he deleted the photos, thinking the monster left but she came back probably thru the window while he was taking a shower. Then she crept into the bathroom and started taking photos until he saw her and demanded she leave again but she pulled the knife and forced him to sit down for that eriee pic then stabbed him and proceeded to finish him off. I don't believe they ever had sex that day. When she got there she snooped around his office and stole the money then and got on his computer and snooped some more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jnmeep