Sentencing and beyond- Jodi Arias General Discussion #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Hughes have said after the fact they were so scared and alarmed the night she eavesdropped that they feared for their children's safety.

I have to think they couldn't have really believed her capable of physical violence , or they would not have joked with Travis many months later about her stalking behavior, which they both did.

If I knew anyone I cared about was involved with the kind of person she revealed herself to be months before she killed him, I would intervene in every way I knew how, no matter the risk to friendship. I can't imagine how any normal person could be expected to sense what she was ultimately capable of, but enough was known about her to be really scary, IMO.

I think Sky warned him at least twice in an interventional way, but he told her she was threatening to kill herself every time he tried to break up with her... this is why we all never know what to make of Travis. I personally keep forgetting she was threatening suicide.

I leaned forward, and firmly said, “She’s not gonna kill herself, Travis, and if she does, so be it! You’d get your life back!” The look on his face broke my heart. It wasn’t one of anger. It was one of pure sadness. He stood there completely defeated. Soberly, he said, “You’re being a b****.”

Credit to: Hughes, Chris; Hughes, Sky (2015-04-22). Our Friend Travis: The Travis Alexander Story (Kindle Locations 1923-1925). BookBaby. Kindle Edition.

But you can see, he never listens, JA ruined some trip they all had in 2007, it's kind of strange that Travis thought she'd possibly commit suicide, yet renounced that she slashed the tires or sent that evil letter to Lisa... I think I would have lost it on him a bit.. Sigh, his roommates also tried to warn him, he said he suspected someone was following him... I'm kind of surprised the dog didn't pick up on the break-ins with barking... Naps trusted Jodi? Oy, that poor dog.

I think Sky warned him at least twice in an interventional way, but he told her she was threatening to kill herself every time he tried to break up with her... this is why we all never know what to make of Travis. I personally keep forgetting she was threatening suicide.

I leaned forward, and firmly said, “She’s not gonna kill herself, Travis, and if she does, so be it! You’d get your life back!” The look on his face broke my heart. It wasn’t one of anger. It was one of pure sadness. He stood there completely defeated. Soberly, he said, “You’re being a b****.”

Credit to: Hughes, Chris; Hughes, Sky (2015-04-22). Our Friend Travis: The Travis Alexander Story (Kindle Locations 1923-1925). BookBaby. Kindle Edition.

But you can see, he never listens, JA ruined some trip they all had in 2007, it's kind of strange that Travis thought she'd possibly commit suicide, yet renounced that she slashed the tires or sent that evil letter to Lisa... I think I would have lost it on him a bit.. Sigh, his roommates also tried to warn him, he said he suspected someone was following him... I'm kind of surprised the dog didn't pick up on the break-ins with barking... Naps trusted Jodi? Oy, that poor dog.

Her journal is just as full of Naps' name as it is Travis'! So yeah, Naps was getting his belly scratched. He didn't know it was a break in! Wonder how Naps reacted when he was fenced away and Jodi was killing Travis. Wonder if Naps was upset and barking or what.

As much as Travis loved his grandmother and knew she was ill, do we really think he'd sneak Jodi in her home? I call BS on that.

YUP!

But I do not call BS on Jodi waiting around until he told her, "Get! Go, on now, Get!"

me said:
Oh, thanks. Travis was interested in personal responsibility, personal development. His own journey from where he came from, to where he was, to where he wanted to go, was based on self-determination, and the belief that we can make our own destiny, and I think he carried that into his relationships, so whenever Jodi did something crazy, he had to ask himself, while not necessarily feeling fully responsible, "well, what part did I play in this? What is it about me that makes her want to do that?"

He probably also felt that he had some ability to change it, since he saw it as the product of the relationship and not exclusively Jodi and Jodi alone.

His thinking process did not allow him to believe he had absolutely no control.

Sorry for quoting my own post but it was too late to edit and I wanted to expand on it.

What Travis didn't realize is that Jodi was never in a relationship with him, even though he was in a relationship with her.

Her psychopathic mind couldn't be in a relationship with anyone in a normal sense. In a normal relationship, there's an interdependence that develops, and influence flows in both directions which can change either ones point of view and bring about new insights and perspectives in either.

A psychopaths influence only flows outward, never inward. they cannot be psychologically influenced by anything outside of themselves, because in what they consider the core of their being they are isolated and separate from everyone else, and completely unaffected.

They psychologically defy the very term 'relationship'.

To be in a relationship with a psychopath means to be manipulated, and that manipulation flows in only one direction.

I am just now going through the recordings for the penalty phase retrial. Geez, there is a lot of additional information that was discussed in this retrial. So what is the deal with Mark's affidavit that Travis was sexually abused as a child and that he had shown an interest in young boys before Jodi and that he was physically abusive to Deanna???

Lies, lies, lies, by Marc McGee who was one of the DT's secret "witnesses" testifying by affidavit because being seen in court was just too scary because of all the haters.

He said Travis told him about being abused after MM found a file of T's full of pedo *advertiser censored* (or was it just *advertiser censored*) on a common use computer at their bishop's house (mm's mail order bride was staying there temporarily).

MM also helpfully witnessed Travis abusing Deanna, we were to believe.

JM shredded his lies, but not before Nurmi had humiliated and attacked Deanna on the stand, and not before Nurmi had forced the good Bishop to talk sex and be called a liar.

Definitely one of the lowest days of the trials, and that's saying a lot. It was loathsome.

Does anyone have Kim Whittemore's new book? She's the woman who writes the blog "Behind the Words." Anyway, I think she writes extremely well (she's snarky, too), and this is her second volume of 2 so far. I'm wondering what your experience has been.

I love her stuff. Her first book was the best of any I've read about the trial. She writes so well, takes the time to edit, is factually accurate, and has a deliciously wicked sense of humor. :)

I haven't read v.2 but can get it for free on Kindle Unlimited. I'd be happy to check it out and give you a quick review if you want.

ETA..do you mean V. 2? That's been out since April? I know she was working on v. 3 (JM's cross) but just checked and don't see it available yet.

Rickshaw....I'm skimming through a free preselected sample portion on Kindle, which is a redacted transcript of sorts of the sex call.

Whoa. Her book is worth it for this alone.......

She asked T if he's seen Iron Man. He says no, that's he's not that much into super hero movies, a bit later (some mumbles in between) he says he's actually not a fan of Spiderman (she must have mentioned Spiderman specifically).

Here it is:

She says she liked the storyline. "Remember you made fun of me when I was crying when his best friend died...you made fun of me because I got into the actual story... I was like...he was so insensitive!! . (laughs).

Travis says....I mean, who likes Spiderman?

She says: I know, but I didn't see it as that. I saw it as kind of a love story, a story between ....and, what, what really jerks me was the way they had become friends....they were best friends that were enemies that finally understood why they hated each other, but there was no reason for it anymore, but then he died, and he didn't get to enjoy the fruits of his discovery, which would have been the mending of their friendship.

(To EF during interrogation- " why would I kill Travis? There was no reason."

(MAY 10, this phone call was supposedly made).

Right after the Spiderman ...warning? Travis begins singing a song she doesn't recognize and she gets irritated. she asks him a couple of times --do you know the song called Hurt? He essentially says not really, and she tells him how much she likes it. Here are the lyrics:

I hurt myself today
to see if I still feel
I focus on the pain
the only thing that's real.

The needle tears a hole
the old familiar sting
try to kill it all away
But I remember everything.

Chorus :

what have I become
my sweetest friend
everyone I know
goes away in the end.

And you could have it all
my empire of dirt
I will let you down
I will make you hurt. (...)

if I could start again
a million miles away
I will keep myself
I would find a way.

Travis blows her off. He's soooo tired, but she isn't finished yet.

Tells him she's nervous about singing the Ntl Anthem. He sings it, she sings it, Whittenmore's take is that she's waiting for compliments on her singing, but that Travis misses that ask...he sings, "that the flag was made of real hair...'

Ms. Killer is not amused. She tells him "never again my friend. That's an important song."

And launches into how much she's liking "Clumsy, " by Fergie.

This time she isn't subtle about the lyrics, tells Travis she knows the part she likes best is "freakin cheese," but that the part is "just cute.'

The partial lyrics she refers to:

This isn't the first time this has happened to me
this love sick thing
I like serious relationships
and a girl like me don't stay single for long
cuz everytime a boyfriend and I break up
my world is crushed and I'm all alone
the Love Bug crawls back up and bites me and I'm back.

Travis responds..."weird music."
She says- "what's that?"
Travis- "She has weird music."

BTW, Whittenmore believes the killer was planning his murder at least as early as May 10.

Definitely worth the read, Rickshaw!!

ETA.....the footnoting historian in me.....I looked up the lyrics for Hurt (Johnny Cash), and the full lyrics for "Clumsy." They're not in the book, jsyk.

I love her stuff. Her first book was the best of any I've read about the trial. She writes so well, takes the time to edit, is factually accurate, and has a deliciously wicked sense of humor. :)

I haven't read v.2 but can get it for free on Kindle Unlimited. I'd be happy to check it out and give you a quick review if you want.

ETA..do you mean V. 2? That's been out since April? I know she was working on v. 3 (JM's cross) but just checked and don't see it available yet.

Hope4More... I've read volumes 1 and 2. Actually did #2 on a long cruise!

She's in the process of composing "volume 3" and putting it on her blog. There's a menu on the left you can click on to read them in order. Volume 3 is Juan Martinez' cross. So far, she seems to be on Day 1 in seven parts.

https://behindthewordswithkim.wordpress.com/page/2/

Right after the Spiderman ...warning? Travis begins singing a song she doesn't recognize and she gets irritated. she asks him a couple of times --do you know the song called Hurt? He essentially says not really, and she tells him how much she likes it. Here are the lyrics:

I hurt myself today
to see if I still feel
I focus on the pain
the only thing that's real.

The needle tears a hole
the old familiar sting
try to kill it all away
But I remember everything.

Chorus :

what have I become
my sweetest friend
everyone I know
goes away in the end.

And you could have it all
my empire of dirt
I will let you down
I will make you hurt. (...)

if I could start again
a million miles away
I will keep myself
I would find a way.

I wonder if she knew the backround of that song? Trent Reznor wrote it while living in the house that Sharon Tate was murdered in. (not when it happened) Hmm, I wonder if she (the butcheress) was in the drug scene? It is heroin users theme song. Reznor wasn't a user at the time but became addicted later on. YIKES!!

Her journal is just as full of Naps' name as it is Travis'! So yeah, Naps was getting his belly scratched. He didn't know it was a break in! Wonder how Naps reacted when he was fenced away and Jodi was killing Travis. Wonder if Naps was upset and barking or what.

Travis was used to people coming in and out because he trusted everyone, including JA. :(

Aww, same here, LinasK.

---> I has not been here in a while, woah, multiple threads, lots of activity! :)

I got pulled over for doing a rolling stop at a stop sign in my neighborhood. I was so nervous that everything in my wallet went flying. The cop felt sorry for me and let me off with a warning.

please take this with a grain of salt, as my sleeping pills are kicking in for the night and i may not articulate myself properly.

the whole thing about boosting stats of PPL members (say for example jodi gave travis leads to help him make quota for the cancun trip? maybe she resented him for taking someone else since she helped him)

could she perhaps have threatened him, saying once PPL finds out you haven't really been successful without my help (and perhaps a few others) caused a big fight between them?

maybe he felt he owed her something for how she helped him. kind of a blackmail that would make him look like a fraud with his work peers? he would kinda end up sorta having to do what she wanted, while in his head simultaneously trying to back away from the situation.

it also works with the book he was writing. she never felt she got enough credit so after trying to blakmail him she just decided to go full on psycho and kill him.

make any sense?

I think it works more for the credit for editing his book because I'm not sure she ever did any work for PPL, let alone generate leads. I also think she would've used the sex tape to blackmail him- whether it was the bishop or any other women in his life- she would've edited out her side of the conversation, much like they wanted to do in court, and left with only Travis's responses which make him sound like a pervert out of context.

I figured she moved back to Yreka in April TO set up her alibi... changed her diary entries, why leave Travis in Arizona by himself when she was stalking him, apparently sleeping on his couch (what the, you know I'm sorry but at some point, someone should have removed the doggy door), to keep an eye on any girlfriend activity no doubt, else why not just wake him up one night for a romp?

I never understood why she'd leave, aside from being broke... I heard she was prostituting at some point, I mean unless she couldn't get away with it in AZ... I don't see why else she'd move in with her grandparents, if anything she could scare away his dates.

I agree, and it makes her less likely as a suspect (in her mind) if she is 1,000 miles away - think gas cans/"I was never in Arizona"- yet she was the first one Mimi and others immediately fingered.

I am just now going through the recordings for the penalty phase retrial. Geez, there is a lot of additional information that was discussed in this retrial. So what is the deal with Mark's affidavit that Travis was sexually abused as a child and that he had shown an interest in young boys before Jodi and that he was physically abusive to Deanna???
All lies, and since he's in New Zealand, he can't be tried for perjury.

Lies, lies, lies, by Marc McGee who was one of the DT's secret "witnesses" testifying by affidavit because being seen in court was just too scary because of all the haters.

He said Travis told him about being abused after MM found a file of T's full of pedo *advertiser censored* (or was it just *advertiser censored*) on a common use computer at their bishop's house (mm's mail order bride was staying there temporarily).

MM also helpfully witnessed Travis abusing Deanna, we were to believe.

JM shredded his lies, but not before Nurmi had humiliated and attacked Deanna on the stand, and not before Nurmi had forced the good Bishop to talk sex and be called a liar.

Definitely one of the lowest days of the trials, and that's saying a lot. It was loathsome.

Keep calling him Marc McGee: 1) He needs to be called out by name for being such a weasel 2) I think Matt McCarthy when I see MM.

Wait, what?
I've never heard this. I just read the comments. Wow. Though not surprising. I've also never heard about the Southwest Airline story before. Where did that come from?

BBM Are you talking about this bit?

http://www.gospelherald.com/article...rial-intimate-details-shared-in-courtroom.htm

"According to Hayden, co-workers indicated that Arias acted inappropriately with colleagues, and another witness testified that Arias gave her phone number to a man on an airplane flight that took place after Alexander's memorial service."

LinasK said:
All lies, and since he's in New Zealand, he can't be tried for perjury.

What I'd like to know is - what country in Europe does Nurmi think New Zealand is next to?? :waitasec:

:laughing:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member