Sentencing and beyond- Jodi Arias General Discussion #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have Kim Whittemore's new book? She's the woman who writes the blog "Behind the Words." Anyway, I think she writes extremely well (she's snarky, too), and this is her second volume of 2 so far. I'm wondering what your experience has been.

Especially the comments section re her Bobby/Victor period(1997/98) where she allegedly had cut the phone lines and peeped through a bedroom window.

Wait, what?
I've never heard this. I just read the comments. Wow. Though not surprising. I've also never heard about the Southwest Airline story before. Where did that come from?

Oh lord, I would love to see everything and anything relating to when CMJA was acting as her own counsel. Transcipts, video, audio depositions - you name it. That has to be a treasure trove of idiocy and an inflated sense of abilities, all crashing into the ocean!

FWIW wasnt_me: You are so spot on with my ideas and theories that we MAY BE twins separated at birth! Keep them coming!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Well, my hair WAS looking like that Einstein picture yesterday! LOL

Jodi wanted Travis to come up to hear her sing at a car race the weekend of May 23, and he didn't. He had a ufc party at his house and met a sweet eighteen year old. Can you imagine her seeing that on Myspace or Facebook? Travis also told Jodi that she was stressing him out by not telling him what she had planned if he came up there. Juan asked Jodi if she went looking for a tree in the forest, and she said yes. She was going to make the tied to tree fantasy come true. Where was Jodi planning on him staying at or with is an interesting thought.

The talk of him going up there was just talk to keep her calm, and not have to deal with her.

Where did she want him to stay? In the ground? Scary thought. I was just imagining if she wanted to kill him in the Forest. Why not? She already knows he won't tell his friends he's going to see her.

Wait, what?
I've never heard this. I just read the comments. Wow. Though not surprising. I've also never heard about the Southwest Airline story before. Where did that come from?

Detective Melendez said the last activity on Alexander's computer was at 4:54 p.m., on June 4, 2008, the day Alexander was killed, when he was on the stand. 4:54 is the correct time, and she was dragging Travis back to the shower at 5:33.

This is why I pointed out in earlier posts that although she had shown abusive tendencies during the course of their relationship, by the end Travis was not showing the typical helplessness that is the hallmark of being on the receiving end of it, yet he was still actively engaging with her on some level.

Since he wasn't buying into her manipulation in the traditional sense, he had to have his own reasons for continuing the relationship at whatever level it continued.

Since by the end he obviously wasn't totally broken down by her abuse, his reasons for continuing must have been wholly his own, and my speculation was as follows:

1. He didn't recognize the real danger she posed
2. He did not attribute all of her aberrant behavior to herself alone, but felt she was reacting to something innately about him, and he wanted to find out what that was, I tried to summarize this as 'curiosity' or 'fascination' with the dynamic, which others did not find apparent, seeing only his exasperation, but if there was only exasperation and not this element, then there would have been no reason for him to not let the relationship go completely, which he didn't.
3. He still felt the need to help her warped mind.

I agree with 1 and 2. I don't know that Travis ever thought he could help her warped mind.

I'd like to add my own number 3 (and maybe 4):

3. He wanted his journals back

4. She was still serving a purpose. Typing up his book, being available to talk when other women weren't. Travis was still "using" jodi as he'd told Skye he was doing when she questioned him about OKC.

Where did she want him to stay? In the ground? Scary thought. I was just imagining if she wanted to kill him in the Forest. Why not? She already knows he won't tell his friends he's going to see her.

I wonder if MM would of been hiding behind another tree video taping that little fantasy? That would be better than the sex tape. She could ruin him if she didn't get her way.

I agree and she may have fantasized of where to do the deed many times. In fact, just knowing how easily she angers (sometimes not outwardly but no doubt seething inside) I bet she fantasized often about killing him way before May 2008 when she decided to make her fantasy a reality. Until May, though, she probably killed him many, many times in her mind in all sorts of scenarios. By May, however, she had to make a definite plan, and that's when she decided her best bet would be in Mesa at his home. She was 1,000 miles away and thought she would be the last one suspected. I think she really believed no one would suspect her.

Especially the comments section re her Bobby/Victor period(1997/98) where she allegedly had cut the phone lines and peeped through a bedroom window.

She (Jade) had posted that, then Gary Alexander posted, asking her to reply, she did and gave him her email address... her last name began with a B. I will try to find where it was.

Added Link: https://mylifeofcrime.wordpress.com...d-jodi-arias-charged-with-his-stabbing-death/

Oh, and Dave Hall has a post along with a few posters who say they knew Jodi, and a few who knew Travis.

I think it still applies; he was coming around but needed outside confirmation to change his views.

IOW he was telling people about her not because he didn't want to protect her reputation, but because he needed reinforcement for his dawning realization that he had done nothing to cause her behavior.

I think his telling other people is therapedic. Kind of like after a trauma is over, you can breathe and start to think about it and work through it. I also suspect that he didn't talk about it so much because he didn't want to be told--like the hughes kept doing--to leave her alone. If no one knows it's happening, they won't push you to stop doing the bad behavior. Know what I mean?

I did that with an ex. I knew I shouldn't have been with him. Instead of dumping him, I dumped my friends because that way, I didn't have to keep explaining to them and hearing them reply to me like the Hughes did to Travis. I just stopped talking to my friends all together because I just wanted to be in that relationship, and I just knew he'd change and it would work out.

Once I finally got out of it, I did start to talk more. I had to start admitting more, and I had to start seeing him for who he really was. Maybe it was partly that for travis. I don't know.

I do know that my ex was like Jodi. Passive aggressive, and it's very hard to deal with a passive aggressive person. It doesn't make you prone to angry outbursts, but it's because a passive aggressive person acts like they are going to work the problem out, but they keep doing the same things. By the 4th time you have to have the same discussion about something you can't prove they did in the first place because they did it passive aggressively each time, then yeah, you are ready to yell at somebody.

I think his telling other people is therapedic. Kind of like after a trauma is over, you can breathe and start to think about it and work through it. I also suspect that he didn't talk about it so much because he didn't want to be told--like the hughes kept doing--to leave her alone. If no one knows it's happening, they won't push you to stop doing the bad behavior. Know what I mean?

I did that with an ex. I knew I shouldn't have been with him. Instead of dumping him, I dumped my friends because that way, I didn't have to keep explaining to them and hearing them reply to me like the Hughes did to Travis. I just stopped talking to my friends all together because I just wanted to be in that relationship, and I just knew he'd change and it would work out.

Once I finally got out of it, I did start to talk more. I had to start admitting more, and I had to start seeing him for who he really was. Maybe it was partly that for travis. I don't know.

I do know that my ex was like Jodi. Passive aggressive, and it's very hard to deal with a passive aggressive person. It doesn't make you prone to angry outbursts, but it's because a passive aggressive person acts like they are going to work the problem out, but they keep doing the same things. By the 4th time you have to have the same discussion about something you can't prove they did in the first place because they did it passive aggressively each time, then yeah, you are ready to yell at somebody.
Yea good point, probably some of that going on, but at some point he probably just needed to hear from other people that, 'yea, that's crazy' so he wouldn't lose his mind, while trying to act normal.

Steve, I just wanted you to know that I agree completely with your thought process in regards to Travis and why he hadn't actually cut Jodi completely off. It's very insightful and it rings true to me- Frigga

Steve, I just wanted you to know that I agree completely with your thought process in regards to Travis and why he hadn't actually cut Jodi completely off. It's very insightful and it rings true to me- Frigga

Oh, thanks. Travis was interested in personal responsibility, personal development. His own journey from where he came from, to where he was, to where he wanted to go, was based on self-determination, and the belief that we can make our own destiny, and I think he carried that into his relationships, so whenever Jodi did something crazy, he had to ask himself, while not necessarily feeling fully responsible, "well, what part did I play in this? What is it about me that makes her want to do that?"

He probably also felt that he had some ability to change it, since he saw it as the product of the relationship and not exclusively Jodi and Jodi alone.

His thinking process did not allow him to believe he had absolutely no control.

In that May 26th g chat, he almost wrote his death scene blow by blow IMO. Stabbing in the back and heart amongst other things. I wonder if that is what she used in her evil mind as a blueprint for his slaying.

She used every trick in the book to keep him reeled in. Falsely texting him and then saying it was meant for another guy, calling him about someone insulting his religion, texting him how great he was. His need for validation, lack of experience with women, ego, clouded his judgement in his dealings with her. I felt sad that he believed her on one hand, yet accused her of lying on the other. It was like cherry picking what he wanted to believe when it appealed to his ego.

I guess Heinous never took the polygraph about the tire slashing that she offered to take and pay for. So sad how much he wanted to believe she had nothing to do with it. IMO

Yeah, when it happened a third time, he was trying to blame a disgruntled roommate.

When it happened, I read JA's journal. It was around the time she "claims" she was at his grandmother's house with him. That time she claimed to be there unseen.

The journal entry is December 4th. She drove to Ontario CA to pick Travis up from their airport and take him to his grandmother's. She claims they pulled off on a highway exit and she was glad they'd found a parking lot. Gross.

Anyway, she waited until Grandma went to sleep and sneaked in. at 5am, she drove to meet some people for something. She claims Saturday night, Travis called her and read a chapter of his book to her. she brags about the 2 hour conversation. She then went to church sunday.

she writes all this December 4th. A Tuesday.

December 6th at 7amish, in Travis' texts, Travis and Lisa are talking about how his tires got slashed the night before. So that's 12/5 into 12/6. He

Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but they were slashed two nights in a row, right? Which means 12/4 into 12/5--the night after she wrote all that about Travis and the weekend with him. I also think Travis had to spend the night the second time because Lisa was scared. Or did he both nights?

Anyways, if I'm right about it, She did all that driving to pick him up at the airport and take him to his grandmas' after his SLC trip. Firstly, that's some damn obsessive mess to drive out of the way like that just to ride him from the airport. I hope she really did have to meet those people she met in Anaheim for the MMA convention. Why is she going to an MMA convention?

Anyways, Sunday, she went to the temple in newport beach.

In her journal, she wrote that she lets her thoughts and imagination run amuck too much and she has to learn to keep them in check. (LOL, but it's not the fun kind of funny.)

So my guess--that tuesday, 12/4, she's feeling all good and positive because she bent herself into a pretzel to pick Travis up in Ontario and get some scraps of time with him--even if it had to be in a parking lot and even if she had to wait hours for the grandma to go to sleep and then picks up two more hours of scraps when he wants to read his book (something that egotistically all about him) to her. Then, she tries to hook up with Travis, because his attention is addictive, but where is he? Lisa's house.

Tires get stabbed to death.

What do you guys think?

Yea good point, probably some of that going on, but at some point he probably just needed to hear from other people that, 'yea, that's crazy' so he wouldn't lose his mind, while trying to act normal.

Yeah and thank goodness no one gave him a shred of doubt. You know, like, "Are you sure, Travis?" Because that would have hurt his recovery.

Yeah, when it happened a third time, he was trying to blame a disgruntled roommate.

When it happened, I read JA's journal. It was around the time she "claims" she was at his grandmother's house with him. That time she claimed to be there unseen.

The journal entry is December 4th. She drove to Ontario CA to pick Travis up from their airport and take him to his grandmother's. She claims they pulled off on a highway exit and she was glad they'd found a parking lot. Gross.

Anyway, she waited until Grandma went to sleep and sneaked in. at 5am, she drove to meet some people for something. She claims Saturday night, Travis called her and read a chapter of his book to her. she brags about the 2 hour conversation. She then went to church sunday.

she writes all this December 4th. A Tuesday.

December 6th at 7amish, in Travis' texts, Travis and Lisa are talking about how his tires got slashed the night before. So that's 12/5 into 12/6. He

Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but they were slashed two nights in a row, right? Which means 12/4 into 12/5--the night after she wrote all that about Travis and the weekend with him. I also think Travis had to spend the night the second time because Lisa was scared. Or did he both nights?

Anyways, if I'm right about it, She did all that driving to pick him up at the airport and take him to his grandmas' after his SLC trip. Firstly, that's some damn obsessive mess to drive out of the way like that just to ride him from the airport. I hope she really did have to meet those people she met in Anaheim for the MMA convention. Why is she going to an MMA convention?

Anyways, Sunday, she went to the temple in newport beach.

In her journal, she wrote that she lets her thoughts and imagination run amuck too much and she has to learn to keep them in check. (LOL, but it's not the fun kind of funny.)

So my guess--that tuesday, 12/4, she's feeling all good and positive because she bent herself into a pretzel to pick Travis up in Ontario and get some scraps of time with him--even if it had to be in a parking lot and even if she had to wait hours for the grandma to go to sleep and then picks up two more hours of scraps when he wants to read his book (something that egotistically all about him) to her. Then, she tries to hook up with Travis, because his attention is addictive, but where is he? Lisa's house.

Tires get stabbed to death.

What do you guys think?

As much as Travis loved his grandmother and knew she was ill, do we really think he'd sneak Jodi in her home? I call BS on that.

I agree and she may have fantasized of where to do the deed many times. In fact, just knowing how easily she angers (sometimes not outwardly but no doubt seething inside) I bet she fantasized often about killing him way before May 2008 when she decided to make her fantasy a reality. Until May, though, she probably killed him many, many times in her mind in all sorts of scenarios. By May, however, she had to make a definite plan, and that's when she decided her best bet would be in Mesa at his home. She was 1,000 miles away and thought she would be the last one suspected. I think she really believed no one would suspect her.

I figured she moved back to Yreka in April TO set up her alibi... changed her diary entries, why leave Travis in Arizona by himself when she was stalking him, apparently sleeping on his couch (what the, you know I'm sorry but at some point, someone should have removed the doggy door), to keep an eye on any girlfriend activity no doubt, else why not just wake him up one night for a romp?

I never understood why she'd leave, aside from being broke... I heard she was prostituting at some point, I mean unless she couldn't get away with it in AZ... I don't see why else she'd move in with her grandparents, if anything she could scare away his dates.

I am just now going through the recordings for the penalty phase retrial. Geez, there is a lot of additional information that was discussed in this retrial. So what is the deal with Mark's affidavit that Travis was sexually abused as a child and that he had shown an interest in young boys before Jodi and that he was physically abusive to Deanna???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yoly1966