Sentencing and beyond- Jodi Arias General Discussion #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
JA said on the stand in re-direct after jury questions, said TA told her it was a secret where and when he got his gun. I never heard that before. I must have been sleeping. Of course we know it was another LIE:jail:

* Why was her backpack an issue in the first place? I mean if she wants to lug all that stuff around, why not let her?

Afterall, it's her backpack, right? And it would be good exercise for her. And good experience for next time. ;)

I thought maybe it was an overnight hike? That's why she wanted shampoo and stuff?

The Native American specs for the hike might have had a weight limit. With a bunch of shampoos etc. in a pack, it would have been very heavy. Consider: the weight of the pack (2 lbs if lucky); shampoo and conditioner (24 oz total liquid), zit remover (4 oz?); pile of makeup (4 lbs?); hair dryer (1.8 lbs); curling iron (1.5 lbs); mirror (1.1 lbs); nail polish + nail polish remover (.75 lbs.); blonde hair burnisher (8 oz); toothpaste, tooth whitener, battery toothbrush+ battery (1 lb); shower gel (8 oz); hair mousse (8 oz); deodorant (6 oz); hair spray (8 oz); makeup removing pads; razor, bikini wax, shaving cream (.8 lbs); sunscreen (8 oz); KY; lotion (8 oz); hairbrush.....
Plus the containers for all these shampoos, etc., which might be as much as 3 lbs.
Plus 2 liters of water (4 lbs), plus the containers for the water (Nalgene liter bottles weigh approx 10 oz apiece) plus lunch and Clif bars (2 lbs), plus a light jacket, sun hat, plus for Jodi a clean set of clothes and underwear., extra boob inserts, 2 bath towels (2.4 lbs), 5 bikinis...
Plus her heavy camera and an extra lens and the case.... Plus her stun gun....
Get the idea? This is absurdly heavy for a hike. These days, it is extremely heavy (unless you're in the military) for a multi-day backpack trip with significant support against the back.
3 steps along the trail and Jodi would have been beaten up. Daypacks are not designed to take this much weight (except maybe book bags between home and school, but certainly not a hiking pack) and the whole thing would start sagging almost immediately. It would be bonking her butt and chafing the tailbone. It would yank on her clavicle with every step and create a blister, and feel tight under the armpits. Unless it had a sternum strap, it would be chronically shifting from side to side..... That much weight would have driven her legs into the ground, and she probably was wearing light shoes with no support... She was unlikely to have been wearing appropriate (i.e. not dainty) socks. Blisters on her toes, the bottoms of her feet, and twisted ankles...
Accident waiting to happen, not to mention a whiny Jodi within a quarter of a mile. They might all have had to turn back. Ruined trip.
No, Dan Freeman was doing the right thing, for the benefit of all, to minimize Jodi's pack weight. Keep in mind, her pack might not have been at all suitable for the trip or the weight of all that stuff.(I'm sure it wasn't). The others' packs may have been full already, and Travis might also not have wanted Jodi to impose on him. This was after they had broken up, and Jodi kept inserting herself into his life....
I am saying all this from professional (as well as backcountry) experience.... I once did 17 pack fits in one day, each one involving 3 packs, weighted up, adjusted.... That's 51 packs. In one day.

Jodi might actually have objected to having someone go through her pack because she had her stun gun in there....

What's interesting too is the timing of the killer's divulgence of the "stolen" Helio to her DT team. Not until 2010 does she reveal the phone exists.

That's curious, because she demonstrated her resolve to dirty T's reputation immediately. She rushed to T's bishop to talk of sex, she maligned him to any friend of T's who would listen, she told Flores, she even sunk as low as writing to T's family in July 2008 to drag him through the mud.

But no mention of that tape etc. until 2010. Why?

Way back in the first trial someone posted that Jodi during a hearing was about the self defense was a the only justifiable defense that charges would not be capital one, and bingo Jodi claims self defense and that Helio showed up under the seat of grandpa when aunt Sue went for Chinese take out. IIRC

Am not sure which thread to post this in, but am opting for the main thread here.

I just wanted to say thank you to all of the posters still here, after virtually all CMJA trial watchers in most other places have moved on.

Elsewhere it's been possible to find tweeters who seem to be most absorbed in hoping the killer is suffering in Perryville or fans who still rant that she is innocent and who are waiting for her to be set free.

There seem to be very few people anywhere who still wonder, who are still interested in understanding the exact why's and when's.

I'm not altogether sure why I've been one of those folks, but I have been, and I'm extremely grateful for the company I find here, for all of you here who also still wonder, who are also still sleuthing, who honestly still care about Travis Alexander the person and not just the victim of murder.

I've been on WS for just over 4 years and have followed a number of trials and cases and stories of interest over those years.

In no other thread have I found a community of posters who have been so unfailingly compassionate, supportive, and respectful of others as all of you are here.

Thanks to all of you.:grouphug:

Great Post Hope:loveyou: I totally agree, this is by far the best blog on crime and trials going. And by far the nicest people

"Jodi Arias did not use the Helio Ocean phone to record Travis. She had to use another device. When she was arrested, it appeared that Jodi was in the middle of making preparations to flee. Part of those preparations was to get rid of the evidence before she ran. A digital recorder was discovered in a trash can at her home.

The discovery of the digital recorder in Arias' trash is a very telling sign. It supports what many people believe: The fact she recorded Travis was somehow related to the murder. If the recording were harmless, she wouldn't have felt the need to lie about it. The presence of a digital recorder also showed that Jodi had the means to edit the recording heard in court. She could have taped multiple conversations with the digital and used the voice memo function of the Helio to help her get things "just right."

http://jodiariastrialtruth.blogspot.com/2015/05/an-in-depth-analysis-about-jodis-helio.html

I know ,I know, I'm reading backwards.... Jodi reached back behind her and picked up and looked at the digital recorder in the interview , and she and Flores discussed if the interview was being taped. I'll go look and see if she spoke about having one.

Is he one of the three men that said they were with Jodi having sex, and then went to Denny's for breakfast? as her alibi that she was never at Travis's?

Oh, I don't know who they were implying it was. They post some crazy stuff on there. Theorists I tell ya'

I know ,I know, I'm reading backwards.... Jodi reached back behind her and picked up and looked at the digital recorder in the interview , and she and Flores discussed if the interview was being taped. I'll go look and see if she spoke about having one.

IIRC, she didn't speak about having one, but it's possible she thought one of those 2 tape recorders was hers and picking them up allowed her to find out. She couldn't pick them up before because she was cuffed. It was way weird that she asked Flores if they would be needed: she wanted to look at them. They might not have been digital and she'd be able to tell in a flash.

Way back in the first trial someone posted that Jodi during a hearing was about the self defense was a the only justifiable defense that charges would not be capital one, and bingo Jodi claims self defense and that Helio showed up under the seat of grandpa when aunt Sue went for Chinese take out. IIRC

Why in the Hell-0 wouldn't she have checked to see if that is where she misplaced the phone when she realized it was missing, she was attached to her phone like a wino on a Mad Dog bottle. I called BS when it was told. That entire family is treacherous.

THAT IS NOT MY FOOT!!!!! (around the 4 minute mark)

[video=youtube;y_0wGJTuUT8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_0wGJTuUT8[/video]

THAT IS NOT MY FOOT!!!!! (around the 4 minute mark)

[video=youtube;y_0wGJTuUT8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_0wGJTuUT8[/video]

That is not my foot! I was not there! I would never hurt Travis! If I hurt Travis I would beg for the death penalty! And....that is NOT my foot!

I know this is going to reflect just how shallow I am...but can I freshen up before my mugshot?

That is not my foot! I was not there! I would never hurt Travis! If I hurt Travis I would beg for the death penalty! And....that is NOT my foot!

I know this is going to reflect just how shallow I am...but can I freshen up before my mugshot?

I never could make out what was in the foot photo. What was interesting is that Jodi immediately noticed a foot!

Pocket...wow! I would never have guessed that English wasn't your first language. I'm blown away at your ability to pick up the nuances you do in a non-native language. Awesome. :)

Aww.. thank you. :blushing: Reading/comprehension is easy. Speaking is ok, writing is hard because I'm self conscious about grammatical errors which I make a lot of. Plus I have to think more to put down in words. Remember ALV's famous saying '90% of communication is non-verbal'? It's so true in my case. JM loved that quote too.

I never could make out what was in the foot photo. What was interesting is that Jodi immediately noticed a foot!

What's even more telling is that she never even mentioned anything about what appears to be a bloody person in the picture. A normal/innocent person would say: OMG! Is that Travis? What's happening to him?

Yes. Plus by 2010, Nurmi probably was bugging her a lot to do away with the cockamamie ninjas story. So she went with the self defense story which begets need for Travis to become meaner, more hedious, more malicious individual. So yes, the pedophile was born, and the sex tape with '12 year old' mention introduced as evidence.

What's interesting too is the timing of the killer's divulgence of the "stolen" Helio to her DT team. Not until 2010 does she reveal the phone exists.

That's curious, because she demonstrated her resolve to dirty T's reputation immediately. She rushed to T's bishop to talk of sex, she maligned him to any friend of T's who would listen, she told Flores, she even sunk as low as writing to T's family in July 2008 to drag him through the mud.

But no mention of that tape etc. until 2010. Why?

Lots happened in late 2009 and 2010. Here are a few of the court entries that I think had something to do with her decision as well as her opportunities to do so. Don't forget, someone had that phone for well over a year, almost two. I believe that MM, auntie Sue, or lil sis were a party to the cutting and splicing and then poof, it magically reappeared in grandpa's truck and was found by the same vitriolic aunt that spews JA's lies for her.
----------------------------------------
http://www.courtminutes.maricopa.gov/docs/Criminal/082009/m3843543.pdf
08/10/2009

"The Court has received and reviewed Counsel’s Motion to withdraw.
Based upon that review,
The Court finds there is sufficient cause to allow the attorney’s from the Office of the
Legal Defender to withdraw from representing the defendant."

"LET THE RECORD REFLECT a sealed minute entry will follow."
--------------------------------
http://www.courtminutes.maricopa.gov/docs/Criminal/082009/m3857149.pdf
08/18/2009

"LET THE RECORD REFLECT on August 10, 2009, this Court ordered that new
Counsel be appointed to represent the defendant.
IT IS ORDERED appointing Victoria Washington and Kirk Nurmi as Defense Counsel
for all further proceedings."
http://www.courtminutes.maricopa.gov/docs/Criminal/092009/m3890661.pdf
09/17/2009

"The Court has received Defendant’s Motion to Prohibit the State from Viewing and/or
Accessing Jail Visitation Records."
http://www.courtminutes.maricopa.gov/docs/Criminal/102009/m3907505.pdf
09/25/2009

"Argument is heard on Defendant’s Motion to Prohibit the State from Viewing and/or
Accessing Jail Visitation Records.
Based on the arguments presented,
IT IS ORDERED prohibiting the State or any member of the State’s staff from viewing
and/or accessing the jail visitation records. If the State wants to review the records, the State
shall submit them to the Court for an in camera inspection.
Discussion is held re: previous court order issued on 08/07/2009 regarding handwriting
exemplars from Defendant.
IT IS ORDERED affirming the previous ruling with respect to the handwriting exemplars
from Defendant."
----------------------------------------
http://www.courtminutes.maricopa.gov/docs/Criminal/042010/m4192866.pdf
04/22/2010

"IT IS FURTHER ORDERED that the Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office shall transport
Jodi Ann Arias, date of birth: 07/09/1980, booking number: P458434,to the Lions Vision Center
at 1016 North 32nd Street, Phoenix, AZ 85008, within 30 days of the date of this order, for
purposes of conducting an eye examination of the Defendant."
------------------------------------------
http://www.courtminutes.maricopa.gov/docs/Criminal/062010/m4262971.pdf
06/14/2010

"The Court has received State’s Motion to Preclude Letters Purportedly Written by Travis
Alexander to Defendant filed on 06/10/2010."
-------------------------------------------
http://www.courtminutes.maricopa.gov/docs/Criminal/062010/m4264901.pdf
06/15/2010

"The Court has received and considered Defendant’s Request for Extension of Time Limit
to Respond to the State’s Motion to Preclude Letters Purportedly Written By Travis Alexander to
Defendant and Request for Evidentiary Hearing.
IT IS ORDERED granting Defendant’s Request for Extension of Time."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lol, I really should read up to current before I reply since I referred to this just before I read this but I did find my note on when she claimed to have seen the show.

Tuesday February 26, 2008 Vol.7 P.30-33.

Said she was excited to meet Sam Schultz, he didn't make it out on Friday. Took her forever to get on the road to Vegas and that TA had given her a hard time about it. They were supposed to go for pizza on the Saturday but she had flaked and gone to Vegas instead and saw and enjoyed the show Zumanity. Said her and TA rescheduled the pizza and that her and Sam might get together that week.

What's even more telling is that she never even mentioned anything about what appears to be a bloody person in the picture. A normal/innocent person would say: OMG! Is that Travis? What's happening to him?

What a good point. Hadn't occurred to me how odd it was she neglected to mention that bloody body near her not-foot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gisberthanekroot