Sentencing and beyond- Jodi Arias General Discussion #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But I wonder why any of them would think to try to call Travis since he and the butcheress were no longer together? SMH.

Leslie Udy did think to do so. Eventually. Ryan asked her for phone numbers early in the afternoon, including for the killer's grandparents.

Maybe a tried everything reaching for straws response?

This is the route I was thinking she had taken, as for disposing of evidence, between rest areas, truck stops, wide open spaces etc it wouldn't have been difficult. Heck, she could have stopped at any one of a number of campsites anywhere along any of the routes and made a wee bonfire, she even had extra water to put it out with when she was done.

View attachment 87409View attachment 87410

I dug this link up again, does it match up with what we know?

http://www.hlntv.com/slideshow/2013/02/11/jodi-arias-trial-tragic-roadtrip

"
At 5:33 p.m. There is a picture of blood on the baseboard.
<snipped>
At 10:30 p.m., Arias calls Burns to tell him she got lost but she's on her way and will be in Utah by the morning.

In the 11 p.m. hour, Arias calls Alexander's phone three times:

The first call is at 11:37 p.m. and is 31 seconds long.

The second call is at 11:48 p.m. and she leaves a voicemail.

The third call was at 11:53 p.m. It was 16 minutes long.

Investigators say Arias may have accessed Alexander's voicemail account on June 4. Phone records show Arias was

between Kingman, Arizona, and the Nevada border when she made the calls.

JUNE 5, 2008:

West Jordan, Utah

Between 10 a.m. and 11 a.m, Burns says Arias arrived in West Jordan,"

edit note: just for reference, it took her around 12 hours to get to RB after calling him approximately 45 miles from Kingman... it takes 6 hours from LV, 8 hours from Desert Hills, either would work with her claim of having taken another nap, which she told RB, or plenty of time to stop and clean up any evidence, gas permitting.

IIRC, Flores mentioned she'd made those calls such that they pinged on the other side of a mountain range in AZ; she claimed she wasn't in AZ.

I think she took Val1's route from Mesa to Las Vegas, so she'd be in CA most of the time: get out of AZ as fast as she could.

I really don't think she'd linger in AZ: way too easy for something to mess up. She could have broken down, anything. But she wouldn't have wanted to be stuck in AZ by mistake. It would have been impossible to explain why she was there.

And as for coming late in the day to Travis'. She had to sleep at some point. She'd have been up for 18 hours. Hardly the condition to be in for an impending murder when she needed all her faculties.

I have a software that lets me look up every single public campground in the US. I'll keep you posted on the possibilities. I did suggest a campground a while ago, but I'm not 100% convinced she'd have the balls to go into a campground, since she's so wanting people around so she can be in the spotlight. But certainly, a campground would be a place where a fire wouldn't look unusual. I'll check.

IIRC, Flores mentioned she'd made those calls such that they pinged on the other side of a mountain range in AZ; she claimed she wasn't in AZ.

I think she took Val1's route from Mesa to Las Vegas, so she'd be in CA most of the time: get out of AZ as fast as she could.

I really don't think she'd linger in AZ: way too easy for something to mess up. She could have broken down, anything. But she wouldn't have wanted to be stuck in AZ by mistake. It would have been impossible to explain why she was there.

And as for coming late in the day to Travis'. She had to sleep at some point. She'd have been up for 18 hours. Hardly the condition to be in for an impending murder when she needed all her faculties.

Long gap in Pasadena after Wal Mart and before making her evening calls to Burns and TA. Between 3:22 and 8:16pm.

What was she doing? My guess? Sleeping. So she would be ready to kill him early in the AM.

Long gap in Pasadena after Wal Mart and before making her evening calls to Burns and TA. Between 3:22 and 8:16pm.

What was she doing? My guess? Sleeping. So she would be ready to kill him early in the AM.

Yes, once she got the gas can from WalMart (and her toiletries) she could rest easy knowing she was as prepared as she knew how to be. If ever I wished time travel were possible I'd spend my chance at it going back and stopping her from ever leaving CA that evening, even if it were a one way trip for me.

Pure speculation, but I put pieces together and think one possibility is:

1- her original plan was to arrive in the early AM, whether just before she thought he'd go to bed, or soon after.

2- that she thought she'd be able to seduce him immediately, and that he'd take a shower right afterwards and she'd kill him then.

3- that Travis had no interest in having sex with her whenever it was she made herself available.

4- that his lack of interest pushed back her plan by hours.

Yes, once she got the gas can from WalMart (and her toiletries) she could rest easy knowing she was as prepared as she knew how to be. If ever I wished time travel were possible I'd spend my chance at it going back and stopping her from ever leaving CA that evening, even if it were a one way trip for me.

(((((Geevee)))))

Lol I thought some had already scotched that up to her stopping at her fave salon on the way and getting her Brazilian etc done? I still think she may have detoured to visit JD or some other prospect, if only to pick up a bit of cash or hey, maybe she was checking out that Van Gogh... wasn't that on the way to Mesa too?

So it does! Literally can't wait!

I can't wait either, and I'm sure it'll be great, and I'm sure I'll love it, but I am also pretty sure JM can't and won't write about or resolve any of the mysteries we've been discussing here for the past few months.

There is absolutely no way he would write anything that had the slightest chance of jeopardizing her convinction and sentence. I have a feeling it will be many years before her trial records are finally unsealed and we see what was too prejudicial to be admitted.

Campgrounds:

North from Blythe on 95
This travels on a piece of I40 near Needles
Go north again on 95.
Public campgrounds of every variety, dozens,including Havasu, Quartzsite (she's gonna know this one from frequent trips to Mesa, and she can easily disappear into the morass of motorhomes.

Northwest on the 93 route
There are some campgrounds (most are quite a distance off road)
Municipal Park in Wickenburg--maybe this one; no problem having a campfire in the evening; low cost
Burro Creek BLM
Maybe have dozen with dispersed sites, no water.
These would not be signed from the road
I don't think she would have lingered in AZ.
Lake Mead--plenty of NP campgrounds accessible on SW corner, and she'd be in NV
And there would have been video of all cars going across the dam for national security reasons.

The whole BS story later about the camping and the men and the need for a gun may have been based on this camping experience. I doubt she'd ever been camping otherwise except in the backyard of a posh hotel.

Lol I thought some had already scotched that up to her stopping at her fave salon on the way and getting her Brazilian etc done? I still think she may have detoured to visit JD or some other prospect, if only to pick up a bit of cash or hey, maybe she was checking out that Van Gogh... wasn't that on the way to Mesa too?

She had plenty of time to wax up after she picked up the rental car and before she arrived in Santa Cruz or Monterey (more likely ) the night of the 2nd.

As for John Dixon. Snort. She had lunch with him once, maybe. She never had any intention of seeing him, IMO. She needed another excuse to explain why she'd drive so much further south if her destination was SLC.

Campgrounds:

North from Blythe on 95
This travels on a piece of I40 near Needles
Go north again on 95.
Public campgrounds of every variety, dozens,including Havasu, Quartzsite (she's gonna know this one from frequent trips to Mesa, and she can easily disappear into the morass of motorhomes.

Northwest on the 93 route
There are some campgrounds (most are quite a distance off road)
Municipal Park in Wickenburg--maybe this one; no problem having a campfire in the evening; low cost
Burro Creek BLM
Maybe have dozen with dispersed sites, no water.
These would not be signed from the road
I don't think she would have lingered in AZ.
Lake Mead--plenty of NP campgrounds accessible on SW corner, and she'd be in NV
And there would have been video of all cars going across the dam for national security reasons.

The whole BS story later about the camping and the men and the need for a gun may have been based on this camping experience. I doubt she'd ever been camping otherwise except in the backyard of a posh hotel.

She told Flores she had no problem sleeping in her car, even had a system, and this I believe.

I've mentioned before I've done a fair amount of off the beaten path (literally) adventuring in AZ and in Utah. As a woman travelling alone on those trips I never chose campgrounds, even though I love camping. Too unsafe.

Way more preferable to find any old dusty sandy unpaved "road" off the beaten path in the middle of nowhere, drive a few miles or more down it, preferably around a few bends, then pull over enough off the road not to get hit if someone goes flying by unexpectedly, but no so far off as to get stuck in the sand. ;)

That would be news to me, she allegedly didn't even get the PPL cd from some random person until March '06 iirc.

I thought it sounded implausible, but since I don't subscribe to KOC, just wanted to ask... :)

If it's two different bottles is it not two different sets of pics? Or are you saying two different bottles happened to get in the same vicinity in the same set of pics? That's great about your father owning a photo studio. Maybe he has an opinion about the pics.

Maybe TA hadn't needed the KY since he had last been with Jodi?
Maybe there was only one spot on the dresser, so the KY always went in that one spot?

I think she walked in on him masturbating at some point. And that's where those photos of Travis came from. And that was the basic scene she used for the pedophile episode....

Assumptions

JA denied for a long time anything but the ninja story. Then she was convinced, very likely by the evidence her attorney's put before her, that the tale she was telling would not hold up in court. She had ample time to make her story, in addition to info gained by her snooping, fit the evidence.

She had made her way thru life without having to pay for the roof over her head. She was very interested in the scams on line. She had been caught numerous time but never let it deter her from trying again. She broke into Travis's on line accounts, snooped, spied, deleted his email draft to Lisa, sent texts to his female friends pretending to be him , slashed his tires twice and Lisa's once, and on and on and on.

Travis must have felt that a black cat had run in front of him because his luck had suddenly turned for the worse. Then he figured out that it wasn't a cat at all, it was JA making his life a living hell.

No way in hell that he ever would have slept with her again.

His male friend stated that Travis had lost his Temple Recommend for one year but was just about to get it back. It was important to him. His religion was important to him. He wanted to get married in the Temple.

Again, I believe, there was no way in hell that he ever would have slept with her again.

She stole his journals, his diamond ring, destroyed his car, snuck in his home, invaded his emails and texts.

Just no way!

I don't remember anyone saying that the video the killer says she watched didn't/doesn't exist. The debate is whether or not she watched ANY video with Travis. If the video she described wasn't watched by Travis, then she obviously didn't.

You believe (as I understand it) that she did watch videos with Travis, and did have sex with him, and that the timestamps on pics are accurate, or close enough.

Maybe that is all correct. But...maybe it's not, in total or in part.

Of all the pieces about what happened, IMO it is least defensible that she watched videos- any, of any kind- with Travis. IMO the timeline doesn't support that, the computer activity doesn't support that, and more subjectively, the psychology of what was going on between the two of them doesn't support that. Jmo.

She also could have hacked into his computer, got the information about what he was watching, and then got the exact video wrong, in the same way we are all getting mixed up.

Question for anyone who knows the area she might have taken from AZ. Is Lake Powell (one of the places she wanted to visit) near any of the routes? TIA.

(((((Geevee)))))

:) I'm still in awe of your rickshaw experience, how nothing (even more) terrible happened to you, how you survived with your sanity, I bow to your strength, Hope.

To anyone with a KOC subscription:

There is a post from someone on State vs Jodi Arias (fb) that says JA's first text to Travis was dated 02/01/06, with her telling him that she "needs his help."

This would have been months before the met at the PPL convention.

Is this true? TIA

I have always thought she was stalking him long before they met.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member