Sentencing and beyond- Jodi Arias General Discussion #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't wait either, and I'm sure it'll be great, and I'm sure I'll love it, but I am also pretty sure JM can't and won't write about or resolve any of the mysteries we've been discussing here for the past few months.

There is absolutely no way he would write anything that had the slightest chance of jeopardizing her convinction and sentence. I have a feeling it will be many years before her trial records are finally unsealed and we see what was too prejudicial to be admitted.

Agreed, it may be a bittersweet read as we'll get some new info but not have many of the burning questions answered. I have a lot of patience though, and a long history of stubbornness, I'll be waiting when everything is finally unsealed. :D

She had plenty of time to wax up after she picked up the rental car and before she arrived in Santa Cruz or Monterey (more likely ) the night of the 2nd.

As for John Dixon. Snort. She had lunch with him once, maybe. She never had any intention of seeing him, IMO. She needed another excuse to explain why she'd drive so much further south if her destination was SLC.

Does anyone know what GS's itinerary was June 3/4, or any other 100k earner's that had paid any attention to her... maybe it was that pooch she'd mentioned.:facepalm:

Re Monterey/etc, she was pretty busy there.... MM, his roommate, setting up https://www.flickr.com/photos/27308599@N07/ texting TA, soliciting funds from old customers and ex-bf's, trading stolen goods, taking children to school, having omelets for breakfast with said child's father and who knows what else, not sure if she had time to get waxed too, don't you need an appt for those?

Her. The Twitter haunter. Genuine whackodoodle. jmo.

Twitter people like her, "SleuthNow", and Kareem "Lefty," (the rap star), are just looking for "clicks" in efforts to drive traffic to their sites. Whether the visitors are pro JA or not, they don't care. It's all about seizing the moment and monetizing the situation.

I wish people would stop taking the bait... It just encourages them further, as well as putting money in their pockets.

That said, twitter can be a fascinating resource for obscure stuff. Please see the (3) recent posts by "Cheryl Landedonmoon" for the inventory of what was seized from JA's grandparents' house in Yreka. (You don't have to have a twitter account to read.)

Perhaps it's old news, but it's somewhat new to me. I was especially interested in reading WHERE they found things... seems to give some insight into her thinking...

ETA: I don't feel comfortable (or know that it's okay) to cut and paste from twitter accounts...

:) I'm still in awe of your rickshaw experience, how nothing (even more) terrible happened to you, how you survived with your sanity, I bow to your strength, Hope.

Lol. Thanks, but strength had nothing to do with how I ended up in a rickshaw that day (stubbornness a better explanation), and by the end of that adventure I considered the rickshaw ride the least unpleasant of my tribulations in that town.

Since so very far OT, going over to sidebar to post an abbreviated story of what happened next. :)

Does anyone know what GS's itinerary was June 3/4, or any other 100k earner's that had paid any attention to her... maybe it was that pooch she'd mentioned.:facepalm:

Re Monterey/etc, she was pretty busy there.... MM, his roommate, setting up https://www.flickr.com/photos/27308599@N07/ texting TA, soliciting funds from old customers and ex-bf's, trading stolen goods, taking children to school, having omelets for breakfast with said child's father and who knows what else, not sure if she had time to get waxed too, don't you need an appt for those?

Gus Searcy's calendar:

http://www.legalshieldcalendar.com/appointments?m=6&y=2008&ssid=&search=

She told Flores she had no problem sleeping in her car, even had a system, and this I believe.

I've mentioned before I've done a fair amount of off the beaten path (literally) adventuring in AZ and in Utah. As a woman travelling alone on those trips I never chose campgrounds, even though I love camping. Too unsafe.

Way more preferable to find any old dusty sandy unpaved "road" off the beaten path in the middle of nowhere, drive a few miles or more down it, preferably around a few bends, then pull over enough off the road not to get hit if someone goes flying by unexpectedly, but no so far off as to get stuck in the sand. ;)

I'm not disputing that she slept in her car....

But I am trying to find Jodi a spot to clean up and dispose of evidence. I sleep in my car a lot.

I have slept out by myself for 100's of nights. I almost always sleep in campgrounds, these days one with a "host." I never sleep by the side of the road, because the car looks abandoned, an invitation to local vandals or a nosy sheriff.

A municipal campground=busy. One of the safer varieties. Usually cheap. But also, no one will notice between late night and early morning.
National Park campground=unlikely; many you have to pay as you enter. Of course, it was late at night: guard stations closed.
Quartzsite=miles of "campground" (really a large parking lot) owned by BLM; there are thousands of motorhomes there at any one time.

I think she hit the salon after returning the DVR remote to Darryl, it was certainly before she took the selfies around 2:00 p.m.; she mentioned in her journal doing errands (said she went to Ross also, maybe that's where the red blouse came from, what little you could see of it in the selfie didn't look wrinkled like it'd come out of her duffle bag).

Oh my, look what I found over on the SB thread, and just had to let you all read it. Hope you don't mind my bringing it over here Hope4More, :peace::floorlaugh:

Quote Originally Posted by Hope4More View Post

The Rickshaw Ride....

I spent the entire summer plus a few weeks before and after in China, the year before the massacre in Tiannamen Square. Most of that time was spent in Shanghai, where I lived in a dorm at Shanghai University and attended class there 8 straight hours a day trying to learn Mandarin. Wood benches. 100 plus degrees. No air conditioning or fans. Teacher didn't speak a word of English.

After 3 months of this excruciating and wonderful torment a small group of the western students also attending and I decided to tour China together. We all agreed to go to Beijing, so off we went there by train, together, where we had an incredibly awesome stay, which included renting bikes and cycling through Beijing's side alleys, going to the Great Wall and the Forbidden City, and many many other experiences I will treasure forever.

Then came a time when we all wanted to leave Beijing and go elsewhere, but everyone had a different set of priorities and interests. Rather than compromise and give up going to places I knew I might never again have a chance to visit, I chose to head off on my own.

Getting a train out of Beijing to nowhere wasn't a huge problem, even though I'd come to realize 3 months of trying to learn Mandarin hadn't advanced me much beyond being able to say hello. At least a few of the station agents understood my sign language and pointing at a map well enough to guess where I wanted to go. And they were accustomed to ignorant westerners- the chinese word for foreigners translates to "barbarians."

So off I went, on a sleeper train, never having thought food wouldn't be served (nope, everyone else knew to bring a thermos of tea and a picnic). Bed consisted of a wood platform , 3 rows up, with a too-thin mattress, positioned right below a speaker that blasted out announcements I couldn't understand, all night long, all day long. Have I mentioned the town was 29 hours away by train?

No food, little sleep, one small bottle of water, and as few trips to the "toilet" as I could manage, as there was no TP or running water to be had in that horrible little space.

So yes, I was very very happy to finally arrive in that town, even when only a rickshaw was available to take me away from the dirt-floored train station.

But....just that little distance away, and far too many Chinese "dollars" later, there I was. Somewhere. Not at a hotel. Everyone staring at the bedraggled smelly bewildered barbarian as she consulted her guidebook again.

This is when I learned what it meant that over 200 dialects are spoken in China and outside of major cities even non-local Chinese have no chance of being understood. Ah, the number of times optimistic Chinese peeps knelt in front of me, drawing characters in the dirt, looking up at me, waiting for a glimmer of recognition...

Sadly my lessons had focused on spoken Mandarin, not reading that impossible language. At the zenith of my capabilities I could recognize perhaps 70 characters or so, but couldn't write even one that was legible.

The universal hands clasped prayerlike under chin, closed eyes, and a pleading where?????? had to suffice. Miracles- it did. Long story and lots of no - understandings later, I was allowed to stay for a few nights in what is somewhat comparable to a hostel. For Chinese workers. Needless to say, the accommodations weren't anything recognizable as hotel - like. This was 2nd - 3rd world China, long before Shanghai rose up as a 21st century city, and in any case, I was in a part of China that hadn't changed so very fundamentally in many hundreds of years and probably hasn't yet.

But.....I meant to keep this short and will try to do so.

I bought a tin can of OJ from a dust covered shelf in what was, I suppose , was a grocery mart though it had perhaps a grand total of a few handfuls of goods, and I was so so thirsty by then I glugged the whole can down before I tasted the very sharp wrong taste of rusty tin. Yep. It actually had an expiration date on the can- wonders!! and yep, the OJ was expired. By 3 years or so.

Food poisoning followed. Two days worth of running down the hall from my "room" to a communal toilet, which was a hole in the ground- literally, with no toilets, sinks, showers, or TP.

I returned from one of those treks to find someone had gone into my things (room doors barely closed, and didn't lock). My camera was stolen, and all my traveller checks I'd tucked away in my camera bag. Bummer.

I didn't manage to laugh about it at the time, but oh what a scene followed! I had to report the stolen camera because Chinese authorities took inventory upon my arrival in the country and " missing" electronics and such upon departure caused major major problems.

As luck would have it, a pair of mislaid Japanese travellers materialized out of somewhere, and so I tried to explain to them, they used their Japanese- English and back dictionaries to understand, then their Japanese-Chinese dictionaries to explain to the dozen or so Chinese military officers who showed up to investigate.

They finger printed and poked at everything and scowled a lot, mostly at me. The sole female officer asked via the Japanese fellows- where is your husband? Do you have children? and looked at me with great pity when she learned I had neither. She told her comrade, I think, because there was a great lot of shaking of heads and clucking following a long speil by her to them, with her pointing at me and looking sad.

I'm still digressing, sorry. The camera wasn't found, the thief probably bribed the police away and everyone but me felt satisfied by the outcome.

But. I was not deterred. I had insisted on visiting this town because I intended to see a Buddhist statue marvel on a nearby riverbank, and I was going to get there! Somehow! Food poisoning or not! Though, I genuinely did believe I was over the worst of it.

And so it was I got on a bus that I could only guess was going somewhere out of town and so maybe near where I wanted to go. Maybe.

It was Sunday, when Chinese have off and go on excursions too, it was well over 100 degrees, the bus had no cooling anything, and it was packed like a NYC subway at rushhour.

I was standing, in the middle of the aisle, packed in, breathing in the odors of sweat and garlic and exhaust fumes from the bus wafting in from open windows.

I lasted maybe half an hour, don't know for sure, before I felt a wave of nausea. I knew for a 100% fact I was going to puke. I prayed I could last til I reached an open window.

I thought back, desperately, to those lessons learned on wooden benches in Shanghai. Had I learned the word for SICK??

Aaah. I had! And I remembered it! "Gombay." (Phonetic translation).

Question for anyone who knows the area she might have taken from AZ. Is Lake Powell (one of the places she wanted to visit) near any of the routes? TIA.

Not en route in the practical sense. And then the drive gets so remote....that wouldn't be Jodi at all. Plus, Flores said she pinged in the northwest corner of AZ.

I'm not sure how you'd deposit something in the water on the Lake Powell option. If you threw it over the dam, it's gonna end up going down the Grand Canyon with all those rafters and hikers. Way too risky. Shoreline? Tricky: she'd have needed a boat ramp to get depth. There's always a lot of activity in the water near boat ramps, and June is popular.

IMO, she wouldn't have wanted to stray far away from a CA NV UT route, except for a quick jog to Mesa.

She could have ditched stuff in Lake Havasu, Colorado River....

Lake Havasu=lots of college kids, partying, miscellaneous young people. She could easily have blended right in.

:) I'm still in awe of your rickshaw experience, how nothing (even more) terrible happened to you, how you survived with your sanity, I bow to your strength, Hope.

Rickshaws are tremendously fun. That's why I'm a fan. Trying to get two Americans on board, though, is um, difficult, unless you sit on the cargo/flatbed version.

Rickshaws are tremendously fun. That's why I'm a fan. Trying to get two Americans on board, though, is um, difficult, unless you sit on the cargo/flatbed version.

LOL

Then there's this, from Banksy:

Rickshaw-Kid-by-Banksy.jpg

Two thoughts....she had a brazilian wax job. Would she have wasted all that money on just TA? Secondly, on Juan's book, appeals will go on till she dies, if she can come up with the money. If waiting for appeals was a factor, we would never have read Helter Skelter, .

Twitter people like her, "SleuthNow", and Kareem "Lefty," (the rap star), are just looking for "clicks" in efforts to drive traffic to their sites. Whether the visitors are pro JA or not, they don't care. It's all about seizing the moment and monetizing the situation.

I wish people would stop taking the bait... It just encourages them further, as well as putting money in their pockets.

That said, twitter can be a fascinating resource for obscure stuff. Please see the (3) recent posts by "Cheryl Landedonmoon" for the inventory of what was seized from JA's grandparents' house in Yreka. (You don't have to have a twitter account to read.)

Perhaps it's old news, but it's somewhat new to me. I was especially interested in reading WHERE they found things... seems to give some insight into her thinking...

ETA: I don't feel comfortable (or know that it's okay) to cut and paste from twitter accounts...

Fascinating.....
4 laptops and 1 computer?
3 cell phones?
what's on the kitchen counter? I can't read it.
What are indicia?

Not en route in the practical sense. And then the drive gets so remote....that wouldn't be Jodi at all. Plus, Flores said she pinged in the northwest corner of AZ.

I'm not sure how you'd deposit something in the water on the Lake Powell option. If you threw it over the dam, it's gonna end up going down the Grand Canyon with all those rafters and hikers. Way too risky. Shoreline? Tricky: she'd have needed a boat ramp to get depth. There's always a lot of activity in the water near boat ramps, and June is popular.

IMO, she wouldn't have wanted to stray far away from a CA NV UT route, except for a quick jog to Mesa.

She could have ditched stuff in Lake Havasu, Colorado River....

Lake Havasu=lots of college kids, partying, miscellaneous young people. She could easily have blended right in.

I had noticed that she listed 10 places (IIRC) in her journal and #10 was Lake Powell, but unlike the other 9 places, she had written:

#10. LAKE POWELL!

The other nine places were written differently.. (Not in all caps, and no exclamation mark at end.)

Fascinating.....
4 laptops and 1 computer?
3 cell phones?
what's on the kitchen counter? I can't read it.
What are indicia?

Indicia to me means post office markings of some sort. Not sure about what was found in the kitchen. But the description ends with a question mark, no?

I had noticed that she listed 10 places (IIRC) in her journal and #10 was Lake Powell, but unlike the other 9 places, she had written:

#10. LAKE POWELL!

The other nine places were written differently.. (Not in all caps, and no exclamation mark at end.)

What date?

Indicia to me means post office markings of some sort. Not sure about what was found in the kitchen. But the description ends with a question mark, no?

It means "indications" but I'm not sure in what sense. ID's? Signs of criminal activity? She stole someone else's official badge?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karla Enriquez