Sentencing and beyond- Jodi Arias General Discussion #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM. Could you explain bolded? Somehow that went over my head. Was this the "secret woman who in secret went to his house secretly" cloak-and-daggerishly one night in May-ish?

If this is the drama you are referring to, it's interesting that TA tried to knock Jodi off balance with a parody of Jodi drama.

Yes, that is the drama. A taste of her own medicine. Big time. TA assumed she was hacking in to his emails and wanted to catch her in the act. She never admits to anything, so he proved it to himself by a day long exchange with an accomplice he knew would so rivet the killer she wouldn't think to call or text or email him the whole while. And she didn't.

Wrote reply to the cleaning supply and her room question but lost it. Will try again tomorrow.

GRRR, I hate looking for something and spending so much time on it, only to fail. Does anyone have (readily on hand) the info about this? TIA.

Quote Originally Posted by Val1

I would like to know if JM knows whether this KW guy is the same person that JA identified as MM's "roommate" from the night before she left for Mesa.

The killer identified the person as "Kareem, "in her journal on June 1 or on June 2-3, those entries post-murder and lies start to finish.

Yes, that is the drama. A taste of her own medicine. Big time. TA assumed she was hacking in to his emails and wanted to catch her in the act. She never admits to anything, so he proved it to himself by a day long exchange with an accomplice he knew would so rivet the killer she wouldn't think to call or text or email him the whole while. And she didn't.

Wrote reply to the cleaning supply and her room question but lost it. Will try again tomorrow.

It sounds as though that "reading" of the "female overnighter texts" has been developed quite a lot. Did I miss a whole discussion?

Who do "we" think the female overnighter is in reality? A woman? A man?

Did TA have a way to know that JA was "eating up" these particular texts. I.e. could he tell he was being hacked either theoretically or in reality?

GRRR, I hate looking for something and spending so much time on it, only to fail. Does anyone have (readily on hand) the info about this? TIA.

Quote Originally Posted by Val1

I would like to know if JM knows whether this KW guy is the same person that JA identified as MM's "roommate" from the night before she left for Mesa.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-General-Discussion-4&p=12295231#post12295231

"Btw, I came across where I'd seen the name Karim(Kareem?) before... top of p.34 in her last journal on BK's site. This is MM's friend that she allegedly went to the Red Room in Santa Cruz(same place as GS was June 3rd according to his calendar) and then karaoke with, though she claims to have missed her "pow wow" with GS the day before. Oh and my mistake, it wasn't a Van Gogh JD had promised to hang her art beside, it was Monet and Picasso..."

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-General-Discussion-4&p=12295231#post12295231

"Btw, I came across where I'd seen the name Karim(Kareem?) before... top of p.34 in her last journal on BK's site. This is MM's friend that she allegedly went to the Red Room in Santa Cruz(same place as GS was June 3rd according to his calendar) and then karaoke with, though she claims to have missed her "pow wow" with GS the day before. Oh and my mistake, it wasn't a Van Gogh JD had promised to hang her art beside, it was Monet and Picasso..."

Oh thanks a million. You rock!!!!

Why did JA kill Travis? Not just kill, but in such a horrific manner.

Why was she so enraged? From reading text messages and such, I know Travis didn't and wouldn't have done anything to harm her. He was a nice guy. He said so himself in the g-chat and I agree 100 %.

Lying killer said that she has nothing to gain and everything to lose if she killed him. I know she is lying, so what was her gain for killing him in her deranged mind?

As much as I delved into this case, these questions popped into my head this morning and I don't know the answer.
Well, IMO all of that overkill stemmed from complete frustration. As in: what a 2 year old would do during a tantrum if they were big enough to do it. Ultimately, she didn't get her way, and she was utterly unable to tolerate her humiliation, jealousy, anger, sense of entitlement and frustration.

Added to that - TA taunted her and in her eyes, was disparaging her name to other people. The only thing she had to target her next Mormon sugar daddy prospect (Ryan Burns) was her name and sexuality, she certainly didn't have anything else going for her.

At the end of the day, I think she couldn't handle the rejection of a man who she worked so hard to try to get. He was elusive, she knew he was out of her league and used everything in her bag of tricks - and it didn't work.

His death was ore preferable in her mind, than TA being able to confirm her failures (lies).

Oh thanks a million. You rock!!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Alright, another question for those of you who know from previous experience or perhaps some of the testimony that I may have missed..
View attachment 88020

Is that the same Maria who seems to have been a fictional woman in the UK created by Jodi to trap Travis? (See our discussion of the newly published texts.) Or is this a whole different Maria, in a pile of all the other M-names in this case?

Maria dela Rosa, ref. to Juror 17's husband 'friending' MDLR's daughter and Angela Arias on Facebook. Screen grabs are out there somewhere but incredibly hard to find.

For anyone unfamiliar, this site has sensationalized what I'm referring to a bit, but evidence of facebook screen images were sent to the prosecution way back. JA only missed DP by one vote.

I don't want to speak ill of the judge and I can't even recall why they didn't choose the alternate at this point, but I still don't understand how MDLR got to keep her job...

http://linkis.com/lindapariscrimeblog.com/Ob5qS

OK, sleuthers, especially anyone familiar with how PPL accounting works:

Her last week in Mesa was dedicated to blowing everything up of his that she could, both literally (the BMW, and possibly when she first messed with his computer, and figuratively.

Remember the May 30 text he sent her saying she shouldn't have hung on him when she needed HIS help meeting quota? And she said she was just trying to help HIM? That he shouldn't have cursed at her, yada yada. And that she'll whatever him in the nose?

From her journal, March 31- paraphrased. "Needed his help preparing to leave town, but he needed mine more, spent time and my chargebacks helping him meet ED quota. Gave him 2 of my counters last night. Inputted 4 apps to total 8 counters. Bought a greenclub card in my name to help get some of the apps through."

Why did she access and alter his PPL account without his knowledge or permission? He was angry enough to curse at her, and even in her lying lies she admits it caused a "spat."

ETA: Travis WAS short one sale that he had to turn in by noon on the 31st. He texted with GF's on the morning of the 31st, asking them to sign up, even if he had to pay them back for the $130 odd sign up fee. He told one of the folks he was asking that the Cancun trip depended on being able to make the sale.

BTW. It was exactly at this time Travis thought he was in the running for the position of Regional Manager of Arizona PPL. Also in this journal entry the killer writes she is leaving town the next day after a PPL briefing- Gus Searcy will be the presenter, and she adds-CLay may be there too..what a great gal (sarcastic much?).

Gus again. Gus who will give her the Helio in a few days, and Gus who with the killer's help will be sucking up to Larry Smith, the RM named instead of Travis a few weeks later.

April 4. The day she left Mesa. Most likely.

(Note- she’s tired because she spent most of the previous day, April 3, not-leaving, last texting Travis at 11:30pm that she missed him already....then returning to sleep in his driveway for another night.

Earlier on April 3 she had emailed him: "I know I’m making the right decision… I used to be so spiritual. I’m not myself… Don’t think I don’t enjoy making love to you. I have enjoyed making love to the man I love but it wasn't under the right circumstances. We’ve both stretched it farther than it should have naturally gone but intact it remains. This time away from each other will help us both. That is my prayer and that is what I sincerely believe. "

After her return that night Travis wrote in his journal: "Jodi keeps leaving but hasn’t left. (...) I think she is having a hard time. But I think I’d be better off and so would she if she got out of here.")

April 4.

At 1:46 pm. Travis asks Michelle what she’s doing for the next couple of hours.

The killer texts him about 20 minutes later; TA’s text to Michelle likely was sent right after the killer left…..again. She wants to let him know she’s at Signal Butte and Route 60. All of 10 minutes away from his house, maximum; Rte 60 is the highway out of town.

TA replies briefly: No accidents. He need not have worried. She wasn’t going to have any because she still wasn’t going anywhere. She tells him a few minutes later she is so exhausted she can’t keep her eyes open, around 3pm she tells him she wanted to go to Costco with him that morning (he says sorry, didn’t know), she says she would have jumped at the opportunity. He tells her- “Se la vie, go to sleep.”

Not happening. Her immediate reply is that she’s trying, but the seat doesn’t recline. Minutes later she informs him she’s at a gas station at Sossaman and Baseline. She’s still only no more than 10 minutes away from T’s house, having zig zagged back in his direction.

Travis tells her he doesn’t know what to say, that it’s curious why she’s driving in the wrong direction if she is so worried about gas. He says- You’ve been gone for 2 hours. Why are you doing this?

She responds immediately that she just couldn’t find a place to park. Close to 10 minutes later Travis (after calming down??) texts her--I think we both know this is a ploy.

She tells him he’s wrong, that she can’t sleep, and that she’d driving again. It’s around 4PM.
------

I’m pretty sure from the full text record for April 4 and 5 that she did leave Mesa that afternoon, though it wouldn’t be terribly surprising if she took one more lap around his house in that UHaul.

From Mesa she drove to Pasadena to get the Helio (and whatever else) from Gus. A 6-7 hour trip. She isn’t at her sister’s house in Hollister CA until April 6. From Pasadena to Hollister- a 5-6 hour drive.

She’s off the radar for all of April 5. No texts in or out, and she’s not anywhere she’ll admit to being. What symmetry. A 24 hour gap in her road trip timeline both leaving Mesa and on her murder trip back.

She tells TA by text at 8pm on the 6th she’s at her sister’s house, will be driving to Redding and then Yreka the next day (April 7). In her journal she writes that she slept in the UHaul on the 2 previous nights (April 4th and 5th).

----------

Travis texts at 10:27pm, after a party at his house where he seems to have finally pieced together the Michelle spy lie.

What’s curious is that the killer claims her cellphone drowned in cocoa before she left Mesa. She’s already been to Pasadena and has the Helio. Is he reaching her on the Helio, then?

TA to JA text, 10:27 PM. (from J blogspot)

“ Don’t call. Don’t text me anything. The next text I want is this Michelle K that is friends with Elena that nobody knows but who knows details about my life. Not one other thing ever. (You have 15 minutes to reply) but you won’t.

Why. Because it’s a F’ing lie. So either tell me the truth or give me your imaginary friend with the worst BS story you have ever told or leave me alone. It’s a lie like no other.

You have screwed up your story so bad you can’t mend it. You have til tomorrow (to tell me) this person’s information before I tell the Hughes, Leslie Udy, the Freemans, your parents, and anyone that matters about all the crazy things you’ve done.”

From text records context, the killer called him within a few minutes, and they spoke for slightly less than an hour at most, at which point Travis texted with Elyse about what the killer had just told him, including that she snuck in and slept on his couch and left before he woke up, and that she used to drive around his house almost every night (and this what she admitted to!).

Elyse responded- that’s insane. She needs serious help.

END OF MARCH-EARLY APRIL….HER EXIT

Wednesday, March 26.

TA writes in his journal that Mimi hasn’t called him back, that it is getting discouraging, and that he’s leaning towards not trying any more. Notes he has just 4 months left in his singles ward.

The killer texts him through out the day on until the early hours of the 27th, the day her mother arrives from Yreka.

At 10:42 AM she asks him to not let her forget the box (singular) she has stored in his garage when she comes over that afternoon.

Around 1PM she thanks him for the piece of candy she ate while she was there. Box picked up, presumably.

Travis is very focused on PPL business this day. He speaks with Dave Hughes about Larry Smith and the PPL “Arizona drama” going on, and spends a lot of time lining up an important PPL conference call for that night.

The killer sends him a series of (IMO, disturbing ) texts in the early evening:

6:15 She is in his house, in his refrigerator, asking- are these frozen dinners yours? ( He answers yes-- she doesn’t ask if she may have one and he doesn’t offer her one).

6:51. Texts to say, FWI, your roommate is in your office on yr computer, 2 minutes later --that was brief. He’s back upstairs, another 2 minutes later-- that he was back in the office, and last, at 7:02pm: never mind. He’s having internet connectivity issues.

Travis does a conference call at 9PM, from somewhere other than his house-probably the same place where he did his briefing beforehand. Around 10:30pm Dustin, his roommate, texts him if it’s ok to park in the garage, and ask Travis when he’ll be home. (What roommate was the killer referring to, then?)

At 10:11pm the killer tells Travis to call her, at 2:39 am she says she has the funniest thing to tell him, and at 2:41AM, that she’ll text it to him if he’s too sleepy.

Travis texts with CL from 12:40am -2:31AM. He doesn’t answer any of the killer’s texts after 6:15 and the frozen dinners.

(IMO she has returned, uninvited, and is texting him to make him feel powerless that’s she’s in his house and helping herself to whatever she wants, including, I’m willing to bet, anything and everything on his computer).

Via my Twitter account.

https://t.co/1bjO8OOxw7

Once you get to the link then you can hear the felon on her call.

I hope the warden gets wind of this. I doubt recording inmate phone calls is permissible. I would suggest banning whatever his name is and using special static in the background of Jodi's calls so they go to mush when recorded off-site.

If Jodi still only gets one 15-minute phone call per week, she's still on level one, right? She hasn't advanced even one itty little step.

Via my Twitter account.

https://t.co/1bjO8OOxw7

Once you get to the link then you can hear the felon on her call.

The whole call is rediculous. ;) All she wants to know is if his video has people talking about her again, and all he wants to get her to say is anything that will bring attention to him.

My favorite part is when he tries to think of the right word, says..."umm...what's that word....is it "party"? He's searching for the word "parody," which describes this call rather well, lol.

I hope the warden gets wind of this. I doubt recording inmate phone calls is permissible. I would suggest banning whatever his name is and using special static in the background of Jodi's calls so they go to mush when recorded off-site.

At the beginning of the call, you can hear the caveat (to both parties) that the call is being recorded (by AZ Dept. of Corrections).

As odious as it is, I think the guilty party here is RadarOnline, not JA or "Lefty." Somehow (FOIA?), they got hold of that recording and disseminated it. They knew the internet would eat it up...

At the beginning of the call, you can hear the caveat (to both parties) that the call is being recorded (by AZ Dept. of Corrections).

As odious as it is, I think the guilty party here is RadarOnline, not JA or "Lefty." Somehow (FOIA?), they got hold of that recording and disseminated it. They knew the internet would eat it up...

But Lefty has to have sold the tape, no? How else are they gonna get it?

IIRC, the warden already cracked down when Jodi's vent mate went public with Jodi's remarks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia