Sentencing and beyond- Jodi Arias General Discussion #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A very weird message. I don't think CL wrote it, anymore than I think Travis wrote that msg about hotness.

Oh duh, she keeps putting things right in front of my face and I look totally past it.

You are totally right. The Feb 14 2007 letter does not belong before the Feb 18 letter to Abe. We know that letter was a fiction intended to make TA jealous. This situation would not have existed if the junk in the Feb 14 letter had already taken place.

What do you think about the possibility that she never sent the Feb 14 letter, either? That it was another fiction? It was intended to be found and not by TA. Who did she "by mistake" send this one to?

Also, TA tells Sky "I adore Jodi. In fact, I don't know if it has ever been easier to be nice to someone as it is with Jodi". He is using this as a defense that because of Sky, he looks like a man with a dark side. He's saying there is no dark side when it comes to Jodi, 'cos all I want to do is be nice to her.

"Adore" doesn't at all equate to "love" or "I want to be around her all the time." IMO it has the same meaning as when you describe a mutual friend: "Don't you just love her?"

This "nice" phrasing doesn't mean "I like being around her". It means, "we have a superficial and easy relationship, and there's nothing to indicate I'll do anything evil to mess it up." I don't think "nice" is how TA describes himself around women like Lisa and Mimi does he? It's just such a banal word: it's how you describe relationships with colleagues at work or a 5-minute first date, people you don't know very well.

This whole phrasing of Travis' makes clear to me that this was not a serious relationship and was never going to be.

IMO there is no doubt she sent that email to Travis. The only doubt is whether she sent it in 2007 or 2008.

In one way I'd prefer to believe it was sent in 2007, because if sent in 2008 it is just evil beyond all measure. If sent in 2007, no doubt she required at least an acknowledgment by him that it was Vday, because after all he was going to propose to her any day, even though they weren't "official" yet...or even dating, but what the heck about those pesky distinctions.

The funny thing with this email is that it was altered during the trial.

Take a look at the following link (sorry, don't know how to do a screen shot): This is from day 48; start at 2:49 to 2:50:18. You will see that part of the email was whited out during the side bench conference - objection made by defense.

Screen shot: Screen Shot 2016-02-02 at 11.50.23 PM.jpg

It sure fits with 2008 - what was she doing at the same time frame for 2007, difficult to find at Beth's site? How about Travis, is there a complete text/email/etc. record for then?

Oh how I wish the text record covered all of 2007. It doesn't. Texts are from Dec 2007-June 2008. I can and will check her journal for Feb 2007, but she was a lying liar in her journals too, even when she wasn't flat out writing fiction for LE after the fact.

February 14, 2007. What does Travis have to be angry about, what terrible thing has happened that he would also have had to tell her about-she's in Palm Desert, that would warrant that email? Nothing. He's successful and happy and not yet in her clutches.

February 14, 2008. What does Travis have to be angry about? Lisa's tires just got slashed on the 10th. Third tire slashing. Beyond everything else, he can't afford this destruction. He's broke. And he knows this is probably it for his relationship with Lisa.

Am I certain she wrote it in 2008 rather than 2007? Pretty much, though it can't be proven, or JM would have done so. Her writing such a thing after she's caused him the damage, though, is exactly her MO.

Travis- have you seen my diamond ring? Killer- what diamond ring? Oh. Why yes. Sorry about that. It must have caused you so much stress when you realized it was missing.

Travis- I just noticed that another journal of mine is missing. My journals are irreplaceable to me. If you took them I am begging you to give them back. I'll do just about anything. Killer- Oh my. That is the most heart felt plea I've ever heard anyone make. I so wish it was in my power to help you and ease your pain. But no, I don't have them of course. Maybe they will turn up someday. I doubt it, but stranger things have happened.

And those are the very closely paraphrased words she actually used to toy with him and enjoy his pain.

ETA- a paragraph out of the February timeline I've almost completed rewriting- relating to the texts she sent him late Feb 13th through the 14, 2008.

February 13 late night, February 14.

The killer is texting Travis about how much she appreciates him, how wonderful he is, that he is such a blessing in her life. Later, she sends a (not) jokey complaint that Travis isn’t horny, frownie face frownie face. Late afternoon, he still hasn’t texted her once, she sends a "reminder" for him to call her.

Later, she texts that he is in her prayers, to let her know if there is anything she can do. Later still, a call me!! Travis texts her for the first time that day—I’m busy!! What’s up???? She tells him- go look at that sunset!

What day is it? Valentine’s Day. He has a date with Lisa that night....

To me, all this stuff is for someone else (other than or as well as TA) to read. It makes it seem as though the relationship is very intense and involved. In actuality, he seems disconnected from her.

I'm going to check the time given on the email against the text record for 2/14/08, but if she changed the date she could just as easily changed the time as well.

What is the -0800?

Later: I get it: hours from GMT. Is AZ 8 hours from GMT in February?

To me, all this stuff is for someone else (other than or as well as TA) to read. It makes it seem as though the relationship is very intense and involved. In actuality, he seems disconnected from her.

The "relationship" for her WAS intense, start to finish, intensity of different kinds, but never neutral or even keel, and never grounded in reality whatsoever. TA- complicated, but I think bottom line he became increasingly aware of what she was doing to him but felt powerless to make her stop.

Wow. You're good at that tech stuff. I'm guessing the whited out section names a specific person or persons she'd hurt. Or maybe she confesses to hurting animals and it was blanked out like all other mentions of her torturing pets?

There was a monitor before that with hand-written scrawl on it. I had it expanded so I could read it. But the progress bar on the YouTube box was in the way.

On a Mac, a screen shot is Command-Shift-4. A cross appears, you drag it across the box you want and when you let up the photo clicks.

The "relationship" for her WAS intense, start to finish, intensity of different kinds, but never neutral or even keel, and never grounded in reality whatsoever. TA- complicated, but I think bottom line he became increasingly aware of what she was doing to him but felt powerless to make her stop.

I realize that, but there is a manipulation going on here that I can't quite figure out. It's absolutely cuckoo.

There was a monitor before that with hand-written scrawl on it. I had it expanded so I could read it. But the progress bar on the YouTube box was in the way.

On a Mac, a screen shot is Command-Shift-4. A cross appears, you drag it across the box you want and when you let up the photo clicks.

And on a laptop there should be a 'Print Screen' key and a Function key you hold down, then hit print screen (at least last I knew that's how you did it), getting it to a posting window is a bit more work, save it in Paint (or other graphics app) and then upload here.

Ok. The time on the hotness message posted on her Myspace was just after 8:30PM. What time zone? Hers in CA? If so, also his, since on May 1?

If that time is his time, there is no way to prove he didn't write it just going by the text record (he wasn't texting someone at the exact same time, for instance), but by context for around that time and before and after? NO WAY. He didn't write it.

Wow. You're good at that tech stuff. I'm guessing the whited out section names a specific person or persons she'd hurt. Or maybe she confesses to hurting animals and it was blanked out like all other mentions of her torturing pets?

I read you have Windows 10. I do too.
Here's how you can get Snipping tool. A brilliant Websleuther like you needs one.

-Click windows squares (thingy on the very bottom left corner)
-Click 'All apps'
-Go to W
-Click 'Windows Accessories'
-Look for Snipping Tool (scissors)
-Right click Snipping Tool
-Click 'more'
-Click 'pin to taskbar'

Now you have a little scissor on the very bottom bar of your laptop. Whenever you want to snip something, you click that, click 'new' and when + appears, you can drag whatever you want to snip and save on your computer.

Handy when you want to capture something before things get deleted or changed.

What is the -0800?

Later: I get it: hours from GMT. Is AZ 8 hours from GMT in February?
Arizona is always GMT -7
California is GMT -8 during winter, -7 during summer.

So it could mean the email was sent from California. (if -0800 has anything to do with GMT hours)

Geevee....the link you provided to photo bucket to see header on the email??? Have you looked through what else is there?? Eureka!

I've been looking for weeks for a screen shot of her MySpace page where TA supposedly left msg about raising hotness factor in Yreka blah blah. All that is gone from MS now, but...there it is in that photobucket link! Wow! Thank you!!!!

Ps- weird SS there. A msg from CL posted to the killer saying "I love you, girl. ". Dated June 16, 2008. Huh?

Did you notice that the comments from TA(or someone on his myspace acct) are all single comments dated April 29/08, compared to the other pics where there are multiple comments from a variety of people and even the two May 1/08 comments allegedly from TA don't "fit"? As for CL... her and JA seemed way too tight from the get go, if anyone was a "spy" for JA(other than JA herself) it was probably her. Does anyone know if her and JA knew each other before JA moved to AZ?

Oh yea, going back to the Michelle K that TA wanted info about, the one that was friends with Elena and knew everything about him, I had come across a transcript of sorts of JA's testimony where she had clarified that the "spy" had been a Maria, not a Michelle, plus what the fights in April/May were about.(*** this is worth reading as a reminder of the testimony from that day, truth to be taken with a shaker of salt... http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...hread-**no-discussion**&p=8859218#post8859218 )

This old post of geevee's is also a great reread... about the shower pics.(*** http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-Unresolved-Questions&p=10029082#post10029082 )

It looks to me from the list sequence as though the blank would say, "it hurts......."

There are 20 missing letters altogether. You can tell because it's a monospace font where every letter takes up the same width. Someone please doublecheck the count, though.

What has to go in that sequence if jodi had been reading enough Victorian novels lately (there are indications from the list in the sentence before where to put commas, etc), using Courier:

,/it/hurts/ ,/
where the / is a required non-letter space

=

,/it/hurts/^^^^^^^,/ 7 spaces left
/like/^^^^^^^^^^^^,/ 12 spaces left
/that/^^^^^^^^^^^^,/ 12 spaces left

So what goes in there?
cat?
my family? (9 spaces required)
Travis (in some iteration)?
my friends? (10 spaces required)

Dang, when I post, it turns out Courier doesn't do spaces. Let me try something else.... Not that either...

Now I've used karats for available spaces ^^^^^

Feb 14 email- sent at 4:48PM, right?
She send "praying for you is there anything I can do" text at 4:33PM, then next text was shortly before 6PM. The email fits for that time frame. Travis was on the phone with Sky in between those times and likely wouldn't have paid any attention to emails, especially coming from that .

BTW- her Travis!! Look at the sunset line? That's exactly what she said to him the day after she slashed his tires for the second time, back in December.

What is a "sunset line"?

The "Happy Valentine's Day, Baby" is 2008-ish

It looks to me from the list sequence as though the blank would say, "it hurts......."

There are 20 missing letters altogether. You can tell because it's a monospace font where every letter takes up the same width. Someone please doublecheck the count, though.

What has to go in that sequence if jodi had been reading enough Victorian novels lately (there are indications from the list in the sentence before where to put commas, etc), using Courier:

,/it/hurts/ ,/
where the / is a required non-letter space

=

,/it/hurts/^^^^^^^,/ 7 spaces left
/like/^^^^^^^^^^^^,/ 12 spaces left
/that/^^^^^^^^^^^^,/ 12 spaces left

So what goes in there?
cat?
my family? (9 spaces required)
Travis (in some iteration)?
my friends? (10 spaces required)

Dang, when I post, it turns out Courier doesn't do spaces. Let me try something else.... Not that either...

Now I've used karats for available spaces ^^^^^

my pets (7 spaces)

I read you have Windows 10. I do too.
Here's how you can get Snipping tool. A brilliant Websleuther like you needs one.

-Click windows squares (thingy on the very bottom left corner)
-Click 'All apps'
-Go to W
-Click 'Windows Accessories'
-Look for Snipping Tool (scissors)
-Right click Snipping Tool
-Click 'more'
-Click 'pin to taskbar'

Now you have a little scissor on the very bottom bar of your laptop. Whenever you want to snip something, you click that, click 'new' and when + appears, you can drag whatever you want to snip and save on your computer.

Handy when you want to capture something before things get deleted or changed.

This is great. If I snip out some graphics then where is the best place to "paste" it or "Save" it.

I sometimes use MSWORD to put graphics but that is probably not the best place. Is there a basic application that my PC would have that is good to save graphics that I have snipped ?

Or can I save the Snipped graphics directly to a folder in the PNG format which it seems to default to?

I have a Windows 8 laptop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member