Severe Weather 2013 Spring, Summer and Fall

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugh, listening to scanner and hope this is ok mods, there is a ' fall victim'. IDK where but it made me think of how many injuries could happen NOW in the aftermath , which will further drain responders and resources and time. People will be climbing over debris and such and end up in the hospital with head injuries or broken limbs. Even though they're trying to help, any extra injury right now is just too much. Please be careful out there as you're trying to dig out !

http://www.cnn.com/

The pic on the still of the video is amazing. The woman covered in blood but still smiling because she has ( apparently) her child by the hand really is a heartbreaking and joyous scene all at the same time. I can only think of how many moms will not get to share that joy :(

KFOR ‏@kfor 26m
101 people found alive overnight in the rubble in Moore. #oktornado #okwx #oklahoma

KFOR: Oklahoma Highway Patrol spokesperson:

101 survivors found in overnight searches, many found in storm shelters

9 search crews working, night shift is being relieved at 7am

first baptist church is being used to connect families with missing persons

KFOR interview: Moore PD Public Info Officer:

Still in Search and Rescue Mode today

Good weather will be a help today

Searching for victims in rubble / storm shelters

many areas have not been searched yet

SAR dogs being used

PD requesting people stay out of the area, need to keep roadways clear for rescue workers

checking in. So happy to read they are still finding live victims here and there about town. That is very encouraging.

KFOR : Lt. Gov.
101 survivors found overnight
80 trauma patients in hospital
65 children in hospital with storm related injuries

Governor coordinating with FEMA and WH, spoke with president last night

I barely slept last night, so worried over the families that were still separated and missing. Seeing how many they found over night feels me with hope.

We had a tornado touch down in my old town in Maine. Crazy huh. I was on the phone and noticed the sky turning an eerie green, I wondered if I should take the kids to the basement. The fear I had, when it nearly never happens, was to much for me. I doubt I will ever live near a tornado area. We ended up losing power and had a tree almost hit the house, the tornado was 5 miles away.

this is so heartbreaking. I am born and raised in Tulsa, I remember May 3rd, 1999 very well. The Castoosa tornado of 1993 I remember vividly. I now live in Houston but I have many family and friends scattered all over the state of oklahoma......all i can do i pray.

This is awful. I grew up in Illinois, always been around tornadoes, and now live in Texas. We had 50+ mph winds here last night. You get a small warning with tornadoes, but what can you really do? Praying for those there and for the pets and animals. Heard a guy say last night it was like the movie twister with cows flying by. What scares me most - is this stuff becoming our normal way of life?

QUESTION - was reading about 10 pages earlier, did the children get claimed that were still waiting at the school?

CNN just had a banner at the bottom crawl that said ' we're making traffic signs because people won't know where they are'. I guess with no signs and no landmarks, ( buildings, schools, stores, etc) people really are not aware of where they are. Bizarre and scary .

now the medical examiner says 24 deaths, this makes no sense. The number 91 came from them too. Got it from kfra

now the medical examiner says 24 deaths, this makes no sense. The number 91 came from them too. Got it from kfra

Is it possible they are talking about at one location? Like 24 deaths from this school or that hopsital and not the total?
I heard many hours ago last night the official total was 51 and as of this morning there is an assumed/rumor/insinuated additonal 40 but it's not been added to the total as far as I know.

I am having trouble changing my signature. This is my great grandson..My Love of Life!

Good morning, folks. :wave:

Time to play catch-up as I wasn't feeling good last night and went to bed really early. Normally I follow this stuff till I can't keep my eyes open. Sending more prayers to everyone affected. Thanks to all of you for the updates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KellzBellz01