Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Facebook with lots of info:

https://www.facebook.com/MooreTornado?ref=stream

The video shared a couple of pages ago from the Joplin tornado, is just about my worst nightmare. I haven't watched it in well over a year and the hair was raised up on my arms, just reading your reactions to it. My mother went to Joplin five weeks after their tornado, and was still shocked by what she saw. I was able to go down there that October and all I could do was cry as we drove around in silence. I've been terrified of bad storms/tornadoes since we moved to central MO in the 80's. I'm up in Johnson county MO, close to Whiteman AFB. We had a crazy late afternoon here, but no twisters, thank the good Lord. I am utterly horrified by what is happening in Moore and my prayers go out to them.

We don't know yet who was killed.
Just that the count is at 91 dead.

25-40 kids at the school. No word on teachers at the school.
It's still very confusing right now.

People are posting missing people here:

https://www.facebook.com/MooreTornadoLostAndFound?hc_location=stream

Just reading those posts is heart wrenching. I feel so sad. People searching for loved ones. The devastation of this - what can be said? I feel anger at the tornado, which I know is silly.

Adam on KFOR was talking about how it's dying down... haven't seen many lights and sirens in an hour.

And then multiple (a dozen or more) ambulances, firetrucks and cops go flying by him.
:giggle:

They are probably going to go check out what it is...
Oh please be a building full of survivors... :please:

http://kfor.com/on-air/live-streaming/

My uncle and some of my cousins live in Oklahoma. Luckily, they are all ok...but I wish I knew how to help the people affected other than donating money through my phone. I'm about ready to gather up all the old clothing I have and also toiletries and send a huge package over there from where I am in Ohio.

Katy Blakey ‏@KatyJBlakey 26s

Tornado hit school from the back. Classrooms were in the front.

Katy Blakey ‏@KatyJBlakey 1m

Natl Guardsmen describes tough, emotional search.
Spotting backpacks & small chairs only make them search longer & with more determination

Jessica is back from her tour.

https://twitter.com/SchambachJess

Walked in with National Guardsman...
They recognized the kitchen appliances and that's about it.

Focus on the SOUTH side of the school.
Concerned about the center of the school collapsing on the rescue crews.
A few walls still standing, cars in there, beams bent...

Chaplain called in for the search crews a few hours ago.
Glimmer of hope when they found that dog alive in the rubble of the school.

National Guardsman does not want to give false hope, this is still a recovery effort.
Crews are not taking breaks, they are working around the clock.
EMT, firefighters, military, dog crews...

Working through the night.

http://www.koco.com/news/oklahomane...at-5/-/9844008/10990302/-/g0okba/-/index.html

I sincerely hope you are okay. The weather has certainly been really terrifying and strange this year. Last week the ice in Minnesota was unbelievable and these midwestern storms are really scary. My son, 7, who wants to be a meteorologist, was glued to the weather channel. He said at dinner he felt really sad for the people going through this. I hope you and your family are spared going through any bad weather. Make sure to pay attention to your dog, he knows. ;)
Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk 2

After I got offline earlier, I clicked on the tv. Every single remotely local station was reporting damage in the area. Then we got yet another storm, and "down the hill" got it even worse apparently. Lately we've gotten a lot of storms with "straight-line winds" which have done their fair share of damage.

I am a Navy brat. I'm ready to head to the coast and take my chances with hurricanes. As others have noted, they at least give you a few days' warning to get the heck out of the way!!! AND, so far as I know, the coast isn't getting snow in May!

My dog says I'd do well to heed the listen-to-the-dog advice!

For some reason, I have had horrible dreams of tornadoes, off and on for most my adult life First there are multiple, smaller twisters rotating around in groups, in the distance. I keep trying to gather my loved ones, my animals, etc. and most of my family aren't listening to me. Finally, a huge wedge, F-5 comes rolling up and right toward us and we lie between the bed and wall as it comes screaming down at us.

I haven't had one of those in quite a while. I'm scared I'm going to have nightmares tonight.

Kirstie Alley ‏@kirstiealley 2h

there was a family on Channel 4 KFOR..called the Bartholomew family ??? they were featured..3children and a small Dog.. I want to contact

For some reason, I have had horrible dreams of tornadoes, off and on for most my adult life First there are multiple, smaller twisters rotating around in groups, in the distance. I keep trying to gather my loved ones, my animals, etc. and most of my family aren't listening to me. Finally, a huge wedge, F-5 comes rolling up and right toward us and we lie between the bed and wall as it comes screaming down at us.

I haven't had one of those in quite a while. I'm scared I'm going to have nightmares tonight.

I hope you won't have nightmares tonight. I find I usually dream about things I fear....sharks and falling bridges. I try to drink chamomile tea before bed. :seeya:

Things they need:

Water and Gatorade
Individual wrapped snacks - (no canned foods or ramen noodles)
Baby wipes, diapers and formula
Work gloves
Hand towels
Hand sanitizer
Sunscreen

You can drop things off at KFOR's station in the morning.

7th and telephone streets... they got a tip that there might be someone in that house.
After about a half hour... it appears no one was inside.
No rescue. :tears:

Ambulance just arrived at Plaza Towers with lights on.
Nobody is rushing or anything though.

They are saying potentially 20 more children still in the school here:

http://www.news9.com/Global/category.asp?C=207228&BannerId=992

They are also still saying 51 dead and ME expecting more. So their numbers are a bit behinds.

2 died at the daycare. (No ages.)
3 died at the 7-11.

LE has ordered the media to move OUT from the school.
"You are hampering the efforts."

They were fine they before, why aren't they now???
LE is the one who PUT them there.

They are moving them to Dick's Sporting Goods.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KellzBellz01