Severe Weather 2013 Spring, Summer and Fall

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
ShowMe, if you have to take cover at some point we will try to keep the lights on in here and continue to spread the word as best we can.

Stay safe. things are starting to heat up in MO.

Thanks tlcya, we might lose power.

Don't think we will have tornadoes, we are having lots of lightening, thunder and big gusts of rain filled wind. Texting my brother also and watching the weather is keeping me busy too.

Yes Missouri the Show Me state.

Stay safe.

I have family in the boothill. In April 06? a F4 hit Carauthervilles, Mo. 4 miles from Hayti where my family lives. Damage was devastating, I went down a month after it happened. Even in Hayti, 4 miles away, many many had to have roofs replaced, cars fixed.

Oh know! It's a trailer park....station panned out and it's totally leveled.

MsFacetious....this is awful, how horrible. I really hope the trailer park had a storm shelter.

Shawnee Oklahoma. Oh dear it's totally wiped out!

Stay safe.

I have family in the boothill. In April 06? a F4 hit Carauthervilles, Mo. 4 miles from Hayti where my family lives. Damage was devastating, I went down a month after it happened. Even in Hayti, 4 miles away, many many had to have roofs replaced, cars fixed.

Daughter had a friend in Joplin, who lost her car, place of employment and trashed her apartment.

We are safe, thank you my friend. And we have a basement and are monitoring the storm. Plus we have weather radio and siren is like 3 blocks away.

Glad your family was safe.

It is horrible... hopefully everyone heeded the warnings.
I know there are some deaths... but hopefully most took cover.

Someone on Tornado alley chat said 21 tornados according to TWC.

It is horrible... hopefully everyone heeded the warnings.
I know there are some deaths... but hopefully most took cover.

Good link you posted. Unreal devastation. I wonder if the trailer park had a storm shelter? Looks too flat for even a good ditch to lie down in.

This is where we need to find out why people didn't take or have a shelter to go to. Lack of warning? No sirens or police in cars giving warnings? Not enough media coverage? Storm warning fatigue?

I have a good friend in Norman, OK, thankfully I talked to her and the storms had passed her area. I have family in the KCK and KCM area that I do not talk to but still care about very much. If any WSer's have any info about the activity/threat for these areas tommorrow, please keep us posted.

I have a good friend in Norman, OK, thankfully I talked to her and the storms had passed her area. I have family in the KCK and KCM area that I do not talk to but still care about very much. If any WSer's have any info about the activity/threat for these areas tommorrow, please keep us posted.

KCK and KCM had some damage from the straight line winds. Mostly trees down and power outages. So far I've not heard of any injuries or deaths.

I just watched the weather channel's report on Sunday's tornadoes. Many prayers to all who felt the wrath of these awful storm.

Apparently today holds the potential for more. I'm in NW AR, and while we were under a tornado watch all night, "they" are saying that today is when we really have to keep our eyes and ears open.

Reminders going out to keep phones and other electronic devices charged in case power is lost. Everyone be safe!

OMG this is horrible, scary to watch. :please: for everyone's safety.

I'm watching this tornado now (on CNN) ripping through Oklahoma City - such a helpless feeling. Please let there be no lives lost. :please:

They're saying, "so big it doesn't look like a tornado."
In the area of Moore touched down south of the city.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BEllis9801