Severe Weather 2013 Spring, Summer and Fall

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
was just popping in to post link to torcon but I see Show Me is all over it.

Be safe Kansas and Oklahoma folk. Looks mighty scary over your way.

We will be under threat of severe possibly tornado producing storms on Monday but at least our rating is only 3. 7 for Kansas today and Oklahoma tomorrow :eek:

tlcya go ahead and post your torcon index. IMO we can't have too many weather links!

Severe weather will extend through Monday at least.

Will be tornadoes today, May 19, 2013. Tor Con index very high remain alert my friends

TOR:CON -
IA central - 5 to 6
IA west - 4 to 5
IA east - 3
IL northwest - 3
KS east - 7
KS central - 4
MN central, south - 2 to 3
MO southwest - 4
MO northwest - 6
ND southeast - 3
NE east - 4
OK central, northeast - 7
SD east - 3
TX north-central - 4 (concerns about whether cap will break)
WI west-central, southwest - 3
other areas - less than 2

My goodness, Show Me, that covers just about the entire middle of the country!

Hope everybody keeps a look out and can stay safe!

sirens going off in Wichita right now.....in the middle of several high school graduation ceremonies this afternoon here in town

And my friend in Wichita is doing what he does best, low-keying the whole thing:
We are in the basement. Sounds like war outside.

LOL I'm really low key, but watching the radar...... the latest report is a large tornado on the ground doing damage just southwest of the Wichita airport

LOL I'm really low key, but watching the radar...... the latest report is a large tornado on the ground doing damage just southwest of the Wichita airport
And Dr. Calm says,
It is going to hit the airport and may pass over my son's house.
He may be a little bit "shook" as I'm his son's godfather so he could just say, "Josué" instead of "my son."
Multiple alarms and alerts are sounding--including our cell phones and the house security system.

It's a weather two-fer as my friend in Edmond OK is currently also getting intense rain, hail, and winds.

Just got home from a graduation party for nephew. Came right on over here to check on my peeps.

Hoping everyone is safe and well. Concerned about Wichita, I am all anxious. I get this way when the weather is like this. I have always been greatly affected by the weather and coming storms. Seems to have a physical effect.

Good to see posters giving the alerts. Had to do dinner and eat. Told family if we are swept away at least we had one great last meal!

Yep Reader just about the whole middle of the country and tomorrow will be dangerous also.

Hoping Raeann and Dr. Calm's family are safe.

Hubby replace batteries in our weather hazard radio and we brought the potted plants inside. Since we are prepared probably won't even have a drop of rain.

Wind was blowing like crazy and very strong...almost no wind at this time, which makes me a little nervous as I have run from tornadoes when the wind does this.

May chase if we get any action close to home and before dark. Won't chase anything rain wrapped as it's way too dangerous and you can't see anything except the hail plummeting your car. Having terrible back/shoulder pain and had to refill my pain pill prescription. Don't like to ride in a car with this pain as it really hurts.

Stay alert my friends and have a plan.

tell your friend in OK to be careful Woofie, I have a bad feel for that cel. Looks ugly on the national radar.

Looks like both pals have survived first round. Edmond tornado was about two miles from C. but now headed other way, toward Lake Arcadia.

R. in Wichita's been my best friend since 7th grade because, among other things, he thinks of others no matter what's happening to him:
Prayers for everyone facing these storms. Luv ya, hermanos!

Seem to be in the clear on east side of Wichita for now, at least four high school graduation ceremonies have been interrupted, postponed or delayed so far.

radar is poppin. Time of day, all het up, right conditions. Thinkin we may be in for a bumpy evening weather watcher wise.

Man I wish I could get out and chase still. Now adult son and I used to log miles storm chasing. Can't count how many times we got lost on little one lane dirt country roads.

Now that I have the second fam and the kids are too young to chase, I am left sitting, eyeing the radar.

Holy Shiz, ya'll see that pop in NE? you don't often see hot pink with an eye of straight blue.

Wellston Oklahoma large wedge tornado on the ground. Heading to Fallis and Carney. Take cover!

Huge wedge tornado, a EF2 or EF3 at Carney Oklahoma and heading towards Tryon, Cushing, Parkland, Agra, Avry etc.

This is a violent wide tornado so take cover immediately.

Tornado warning also in Norman Oklahoma. Golf ball size hail falling. Storm is moving NE to Franklin, Stella.
Tornado warning Cowley and Sumner Kansas.
Also Tornado warning in Pierre and St. Croix counties in Minnesota.

Also Tornado warning in Calhoun, Pocahontas and Webster Counties in Iowa.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper