Found Deceased Shanann Watts (34) and daughters Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I read through months of Shanann's Facebook posts yesterday. She stated that he missed her first ultrasound appointment due to tornadoes. She posted a screenshot of their text conversation where she sent him a pic of the ultrasound, confirming the pregnancy. There was a joke that it was only one baby because one of their daughters thought there would be five babies.

<snipped>
Perhaps he was not emotionally invested in this pregnancy for some reason. Some husbands won't miss a thing, others for example will show up five hours late after the birth of their first child donning a bag of burger king. It depends on how invested/involved they want to be with the pregnancy. I just wonder if the pregnancy might have been a Catalyst of sorts. I pray not, but my gut is not feeling good about this. I keep thinking who had motive, who had opportunity, and if it was the elephant in the room what changed? IMHO

I think timing of her pregnancy is very relevant here especially if they were having troubles personal and or financial. No matter what her pregnancy would interfere with her own work schedule resulting in her making less $$ as well as costing HIM more (3 children instead of 2 to pay child support for and be responsible to care for under shared custody agreement) if they had been having issues and contemplating divorce prior to the pregnancy. Babies are a lot of work and if you have already checked out of the relationship mentally I can't see dad wanting to take on more and be further entwined with a women he may want no part of. I think this is more significant if he has "moved on" and there is someone waiting in the wings.

My husband/significant other and I have been together for twenty years. So we give each other a ton of space to be honest, like LOTS of space to do our own things. However, example, early in the week he mentioned he was going to the Beer Garden at a fair this coming Friday night. (I heard him, but no need to comment). Friday night comes I say, call if you want a ride, he was walking there, but I worry about him walking home very late on dark roads. Then I looked at what he was wearing, I said that is not smart, jeans and black shirt, NOPE....a car will not see you. So he goes to his room and changes his shirt. Then my parting words, don't be afraid to call for a ride, and...if you decide to spend the night at a friends, CALL me, or I will be driving looking for you in a ditch by two a.m. And off he went. I knew what friend he was going with, but he is very much a social butterfly, so he can meet other friends and end up on a totally different friends couch. If questioned, I would have NO clue...yes what he was wearing, yes where he told me he was going, but who he ended up with...pfft no idea. Its a total trust thing with us and I have never had a reason not to. But in a case of I am going to Johns house in the morning, I expect him to be at John's house. Does this make sense. He should have known where she was going, and essentially when she was due back. Especially when two precioius babies are involved. I don't care how much freedome you allow each other, you still communicate and have good info. Just my opinion.
Absolutely Amen!! But then he's not one of "her people"...(pardon me sick :mad:). Also, congratulation on your lovely partnership with your husband. A cherished story...

Might just be nerves, but you are absolutely correct about his hand being planted out of sight. Now I am searching for other interview shots, I want to see the hand. "I just want to see them"..... The house was searched yesterday, does anyone know how well it was searched. I see lots of vents in the roof section, each of those vents leads in to an attic or crawlspace above, usually with insulation. Just curious. I remember many years back in the UK there was a missing child, they searched and it turned out the child had been in the attic all along. Just a thought. IMHO

Did anyone else notice that in the interview posted to Twitter and the one they played on the today show this morning, his arms are crossed. His right hand is VERY firmly placed under his armpit, he only gestures with his left hand, the right hand never moves at all.
Heard it on TODAY? - TODAY.com

Thank you for pointing that out. I hadn't noticed it. I'm also wondering if there is bruising on the right side of his nose? I don't have the best eyes and it could just be shadow, but it looks a bit pinkish. Anyone else?

YES many years on websleuths and each case I try to be optimistic and they always turn out how you would expect.
This case to me is text book the last person to see her, not going to say anymore.
I feel this will end up being a very high profile case such as Scott Petersen. JMO

If you close your eyes and listen to the voice on the following news report, it will give you chills. It did me. That voice sounds so familiar....MOO
Pregnant woman, two daughters missing in Frederick

Zillow says they purchased the house for $399k. That's below average for this area. So I think the assumption of a hefty mortgage is relative.
i
Not saying I disagree with your observations, just stating that most everyone who lives in the general area has a mortgage like that or larger, probably.

That was kind of my point I made in the thread. The bank loans money based on current financial statements. They bought the house several years ago. I don't know how long she has been selling Thrive but it could be she was selling it back then and the mortgage was based on her earnings as well. Her earnings are NOT guaranteed as it is a sales based income...her own sales and the sales of her recruits. The product she is selling is a trend product which has some very controversial media written about it's safety. A person wishing to sell or use this product would most likely do an internet search to see how legit the product and company are. In doing such a search I would never take the product let alone sell it. That is the rub. It's been reported she did well in the past. I will put my money on that changing in recent times as more is published about the company. Less sales = less money = putting more pressure on hubby to make up any difference in income that may result from this scenario.

Great example for you. I sell online. I use a well known platform to do this. I have done this for years and know many, many other sellers on this platform. Over the years I have seen some people's sales go THROUGH the roof. We are talking SERIOUS money. I have never been that fortunate due to timing and a variety of other situations which do include what I am am selling. Bottom line, the owners of these "shops" grew so big so fast that it required them to expend a ton of money in supplies to make their items. It was not uncommon in some cases for that to include warehouse space to store the supplies to make these items as well as hire a small staff to deal with the business end of it. Well in the last 3 years it is amazing and sad to see soooooooooo many of these shops close down because they no longer have the sales they consistently had for years. It was heartbreaking to see people I came to know (yes over the internet) have the bottom drop right out of their lives. Several of these people did in fact buy new, bigger homes because their income certainly justified it.... and then one day it just didn't. What do you do???

My husband/significant other and I have been together for twenty years. So we give each other a ton of space to be honest, like LOTS of space to do our own things. However, example, early in the week he mentioned he was going to the Beer Garden at a fair this coming Friday night. (I heard him, but no need to comment). Friday night comes I say, call if you want a ride, he was walking there, but I worry about him walking home very late on dark roads. Then I looked at what he was wearing, I said that is not smart, jeans and black shirt, NOPE....a car will not see you. So he goes to his room and changes his shirt. Then my parting words, don't be afraid to call for a ride, and...if you decide to spend the night at a friends, CALL me, or I will be driving looking for you in a ditch by two a.m. And off he went. I knew what friend he was going with, but he is very much a social butterfly, so he can meet other friends and end up on a totally different friends couch. If questioned, I would have NO clue...yes what he was wearing, yes where he told me he was going, but who he ended up with...pfft no idea. Its a total trust thing with us and I have never had a reason not to. But in a case of I am going to Johns house in the morning, I expect him to be at John's house. Does this make sense. He should have known where she was going, and essentially when she was due back. Especially when two precioius babies are involved. I don't care how much freedome you allow each other, you still communicate and have good info. Just my opinion.

It makes perfect sense. Two different scenarios. One where he's socializing at an event where he may encounter various people and plans can change. The other where it's like "What are your plans today?" "Meeting up with Steve for golf and lunch."

It's absolutely not about control or lack of trust. It's just kind of typical communication for spouses.

By the way, your story about your husband trying to walk off in dark clothes and you getting him to change? Hilarious. Super cute.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member