Shannan Gilbert Found, death declared an accident. #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Follow him" suggests he's new to the community. When JB opens the gate he discovers the lift button, when getting out of the community he handles his own business. Maybe?
There should be a code to get in.

Because he bears responsibility in Shannan's death. The question, to what extent.

I am asking somebody I know who works for USGS tomorrow, and some surveyors about the other photo. About that 2nd Riddle of the Day: I can't tell if it's a wire rope, a surveyor's piece of equipment, such as a surveyor's chain, or just some debris that fell off of somebody's truck as they drove by the little path that leads down to Hemlock Cove. If straightened out, I wonder if how long it is; if it was used to measure a radius of some sort.

Again, getting there via Google Earth is pretty easy. Just enter, "Hemlock Cove, Babylon, NY" and zoom in until the little box that actually repeats, "Babylon Town-Jones Beach walkway to Hemlock Cove" appears. Keep zooming in a bit. When on the Parkway, which you can view from streetview later, if you want, move west a tad, maybe 20 or so feet--I think this is the site of the unidentified Asian man's remains. Is it? Use the history gauge, click back to 4th of July, 2007. What is that rope, gear, chain, fishing equipment, what?

It looks like rope. I would say, if you straightened out, it would at least reach to the shore.

Post are deleted when there are no links to back up claims or it is not common knowledge.

I thought everyone knew this by now? :waitasec:

I walked past those remains. Alot of people did. Numerous times. When cutting accross the highway to get to the beach from hemlock or the coast guard station. The tide smells pretty bad there at certain times. And we were often doing the Patan Death March with our surfboards. We would jump out of the boat, paddle to shore, and run through trails to get to the highway, then run accross the highway, then over the dunes accross the beach and into the ocean. We were often barefoot and shirtless so the flies, mosquitos would try to grab an easy meal, thats why I ran most of the time (the other reason being the sound of waves crashing on the otherside of the highway and being too excited to wait and see what kind of surfing conditiong were over the dunes) If we smelled anything, we wouldnt think twice. It was either the tide or something of that nature in our minds.

Because he bears responsibility in Shannan's death. The question, to what extent.

I have always believed that MP is the key to solving SG's death.

Previously I posted

Why LE should actively focus on MP,

Why MP should be charged under New York State law for a sex trafficking misdemeanor at least.

But nothing has happened regarding MP.

After reading the posts for the past months, and the alleged corruption in SCPD, I am beginning to think that MP has a 'free-pass' from SCPD because he knows too much and if what MP knows comes out it would be bad news for SCPD.

In fact I now believe what MP knows is so 'dangerous' that if he were to disappear or have an unfortunate accident in the next 12 months I would not be surprised.

If I were MP (and I am not) I would ask for witness protection from US Marshall Service.

MOO

I walked past those remains. Alot of people did. Numerous times. When cutting accross the highway to get to the beach from hemlock or the coast guard station. The tide smells pretty bad there at certain times. And we were often doing the Patan Death March with our surfboards. We would jump out of the boat, paddle to shore, and run through trails to get to the highway, then run accross the highway, then over the dunes accross the beach and into the ocean. We were often barefoot and shirtless so the flies, mosquitos would try to grab an easy meal, thats why I ran most of the time (the other reason being the sound of waves crashing on the otherside of the highway and being too excited to wait and see what kind of surfing conditiong were over the dunes) If we smelled anything, we wouldnt think twice. It was either the tide or something of that nature in our minds.

Happens often. The sense take in a lot of information and the processing speed of the human brain can't process them all in real time, so we concentrate on what interests us (like the surfing conditions) and potential dangers (there are none in your example). It's not, that you and your friends were actually looking for bodies, which would have sparked interest and therefore given the smell a higher priority in your brain.
So, it's just, how the brain works. Often enough, we see only what we expect to see.

Happens often. The sense take in a lot of information and the processing speed of the human brain can't process them all in real time, so we concentrate on what interests us (like the surfing conditions) and potential dangers (there are none in your example). It's not, that you and your friends were actually looking for bodies, which would have sparked interest and therefore given the smell a higher priority in your brain.
So, it's just, how the brain works. Often enough, we see only what we expect to see.

Yeah, I guess it was more of "oh my god it stinks today, we better hurry and get to the otherside where it doesnt smell" not "wow, it stinks....lets stop and pick through the grass with no shoes on and no shirts on while getting destroyed by mosquitos and horseflies and hopefully get poison ivy while we are at it."

Yeah, I guess it was more of "oh my god it stinks today, we better hurry and get to the otherside where it doesnt smell" not "wow, it stinks....lets stop and pick through the grass with no shoes on and no shirts on while getting destroyed by mosquitos and horseflies and hopefully get poison ivy while we are at it."

On the other hand, if you would have suspected dead bodies around, you would have given a damn about the mosquitoes, would have looked and after seeing it, called the police. Well, that's an assumption of course.

I honestly did not even know about SG until after Blue picked up on the other bodies. I live less than 10 miles from Oak Beach, and I still did not hear about it. I think most people on Long Island had no idea.

It was kind of expected though. It is pretty common knowledge that this highway was probably used as burial ground for the mob back in the day. When I first heard about it I thoguht mob hits. BUt then the details of the victims came out and I said "definitely not an Italian guy, maybe one of the other "subcultures"...not Italian thoguh" If it was; we are wasting time as they are probably at the bottom of the atlantic by now.

Linative... Ocean parkway was never used by the mob as a dumping ground... But ur post does bring up an interesting point.. Why hasn't the media done a full story on CPH. They could start with his own words.....http://www.cbsnews.com/htdocs/pdf/48_hours_gilbert.pdf

IIRC, a certain LE stated very early on to the effect "we've been dumping bodies there for years". I think "we" was intended to mean criminals, citizens in general ... but there was a bit of kerfuffle with some peeps thinking he meant LE.

He claims in writing he never had contact with SG .....so which is it doc???? CPH is a liar and that's a fact!!!!

Sillybilly....Find and article or any proof that ocean parkway has been used as a Mob dumping ground for years...it's simply not true..

Sillybilly....Find and article or any proof that ocean parkway has been used as a Mob dumping ground for years...it's simply not true..

I'm not contesing at all Fluke ... just that it was said, and it left me wondering about the specifics.

CPH and MP stay high on my list of possibilities. Speaking of which, i just made a post in another thread about Megan being the only victim who offered femdom, and I have to say CPH came to mind. I'm pondering the psychology of someone who is into female domination but ended up killing the dom.

Along those lines, i can't get The Missus out of my head and how submissive a disabled hubby might have to be on an everyday basis with such a domineering partner.

JMO

I do not know for a fact if it was used to get rid of family problems. But it is highly speculated. Just like you speculate it is was not. Show us an srticle that proves it was not.....you cant show it wasnt and i cant show it was. Thats the beauty of it. Im not going to get into a pissing match though.
You belive strongly that everything was CPH. Thats cool. He is high on my list as well. I am still keeping an open mind as NONE of us have all the facts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo8877