Shannan Gilbert Found, death declared an accident. #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Still if the killer was holding on the bodies for some time after death....he likely used some kind of refrigeration to prevent decomposition? Or is the reverse true and the killer tried to decompose bodies to bones as fast as possible

For instance....where was Shannan's body kept in the time that she went missing and then appeared in Dr. Hackett's backayrd. IMO wasn't there the whole time.....and she was found only after the A&E LISK doc aired...and on the anniversary of when the 4 bodies where originally found. NowI know you WSers are coincident happy folks...but thats too suspicious for me

"Together Alex and Brewer tried to file a report"... Lost Girls
After spending quite some time over the past few days searching for info, I've found a bunch of quotes and references stating MP and AD tried in vain to file a missing person report on May 3rd and none stating MP and JB tried at any point. It's my belief Kolker made an error if he says MP and JB went together.

For instance....where was Shannan's body kept in the time that she went missing and then appeared in Dr. Hackett's backayrd. IMO wasn't there the whole time.....and she was found only after the A&E LISK doc aired...and on the anniversary of when the 4 bodies where originally found. NowI know you WSers are coincident happy folks...but thats too suspicious for me

SG's body was not found in CPH's backyard anymore than it was found in the backyard of the other six or eight homes on that side of the street that back on to the marsh. Also, if the body had not decayed exactly where it was found, including her melting into the ground and vegetation involving itself in what was left, it would be very obvious to the investigators. It's my opinion she died where she was found.

SG's body was not found in CPH's backyard anymore than it was found in the backyard of the other six or eight homes on that side of the street that back on to the marsh. Also, if the body had not decayed exactly where it was found, including her melting into the ground and vegetation involving itself in what was left, it would be very obvious to the investigators. It's my opinion she died where she was found.

Highly unlikely any info that came from SCPD is truthful. According to their account of events...shannan wasn't in danger and simply killed herself by running into the marsh...we simply know this is not true. It's highly highly unlikely shannan died where she was found. Don't you think that area would have been searched along with the rest of OP, oak beach, hemlock cove...etc. <modsnip>

After spending quite some time over the past few days searching for info, I've found a bunch of quotes and references stating MP and AD tried in vain to file a missing person report on May 3rd and none stating MP and JB tried at any point. It's my belief Kolker made an error if he says MP and JB went together.

He says "together Alex and Brewer" not "Pak and Brewer". Please read carefully.

You objected something I wrote, I gave you the source, wouldn't it be nice if you returned the courtesy with links?

And the gist of my question is not names but the preferences. Why don't these guys report about Shannan's 911 call, despite they knew it?

How about a nice funny story where a murder victim was frozen for future dumping? A little light reading for the viewers and maybe they can take something from it.
We had this case where a fellow that owned a frozen food warehouse in Richmond Hill, NY decides to sell his business and move to California. Arrangements are made for the buyer to send the checks to the seller in California. Trouble is the buyer stops sending checks to the seller. The seller hops on a plane to confront the buyer; it is a lot of money.
The buyer kills the seller and hangs the guy on a hook in a walk-in freezer. After about 2 weeks the killer comes to the idea that maybe we have to get rid of the &#8216;stiff&#8217;. They pack the fellow in a broken home freezer. Put him on a truck and one of the guys drives it to his girlfriend&#8217;s home in Ozone Park, or just blocks away from Howard Beach.
The girlfriend comes home and she sees her boyfriend filling in a very big hole in her backyard. She asks him what he is doing. He tells her he is a hit-man for John Gotti, and he killed a guy for Gotti and is now burying the body. Note* the &#8220;Gotti Hit-Man is a lie, but the rest is true.
The gal is shaken. She goes to the FB (I) * (I) for Inept or Incompetence. Tells the FBI her story. They laugh her out of the room and tell her to go home. She is beside herself and goes to the precinct (106) that covers her neighborhood and tells the detectives what she just saw. Detectives round up a couple of shovels and in less than 20 minutes they find the &#8216;stiff&#8217; in the freezer.
We do our investigation and in a matter of days we have all the usual suspects rounded up and arrested. We manage to do that even though out supervisor is so afraid of making a decision that he tells us not to take down one of the suspects entering the house where the body was buried in the back yard. &#8220;What, what, what did you say Sarge, I can&#8217;t hear you?&#8221;
The story gets better. One of those detectives with the shovel kind of likes the gal that gave us the information. He takes up with her. He sets her up in an apartment and pays the rent. One day she disappears. One day she is found in the weeds off of Crossbay Blvd., an area somewhat like Ocean Parkway at Gilgo Beach. The cause of death as to how and why she was killed was undetermined. BUT, HOUSTON, we have a problem because the other detectives in the office know one of their pals was dating the new victim. They also know he created a crib for her and the bills can be traced back to him. Time for the &#8216;clean-up&#8217; squad to step in. This would have worked real well if a corrupt police lieutenant didn&#8217;t become aware of it. He is a rascal of sorts. He wants to make mischief. He goes to the victim&#8217;s mother and tells her a detective was seeing her dead daughter and he thinks the detective killed her.

SO WHAT AM I TRYING TO TELL YOU?

1. Anything is possible, even freezing bodies.
2. The FBI is not what it is cracked up to be : super sleuths. truth is they probably get in the way.
3. Cops will try to cover-up a case if a fellow cop is involved in any way that can embarrass the PD.
4. There always are things going on with an investigation you will never learn about.
5. The most interesting things about an investigation are the things you will never know.

How about a nice funny story where a murder victim was frozen for future dumping? A little light reading for the viewers and maybe they can take something from it.
We had this case where a fellow that owned a frozen food warehouse in Richmond Hill, NY decides to sell his business and move to California. Arrangements are made for the buyer to send the checks to the seller in California. Trouble is the buyer stops sending checks to the seller. The seller hops on a plane to confront the buyer; it is a lot of money.
The buyer kills the seller and hangs the guy on a hook in a walk-in freezer. After about 2 weeks the killer comes to the idea that maybe we have to get rid of the &#8216;stiff&#8217;. They pack the fellow in a broken home freezer. Put him on a truck and one of the guys drives it to his girlfriend&#8217;s home in Ozone Park, or just blocks away from Howard Beach.
The girlfriend comes home and she sees her boyfriend filling in a very big hole in her backyard. She asks him what he is doing. He tells her he is a hit-man for John Gotti, and he killed a guy for Gotti and is now burying the body. Note* the &#8220;Gotti Hit-Man is a lie, but the rest is true.
The gal is shaken. She goes to the FB (I) * (I) for Inept or Incompetence. Tells the FBI her story. They laugh her out of the room and tell her to go home. She is beside herself and goes to the precinct (106) that covers her neighborhood and tells the detectives what she just saw. Detectives round up a couple of shovels and in less than 20 minutes they find the &#8216;stiff&#8217; in the freezer.
We do our investigation and in a matter of days we have all the usual suspects rounded up and arrested. We manage to do that even though out supervisor is so afraid of making a decision that he tells us not to take down one of the suspects entering the house where the body was buried in the back yard. &#8220;What, what, what did you say Sarge, I can&#8217;t hear you?&#8221;
The story gets better. One of those detectives with the shovel kind of likes the gal that gave us the information. He takes up with her. He sets her up in an apartment and pays the rent. One day she disappears. One day she is found in the weeds off of Crossbay Blvd., an area somewhat like Ocean Parkway at Gilgo Beach. The cause of death as to how and why she was killed was undetermined. BUT, HOUSTON, we have a problem because the other detectives in the office know one of their pals was dating the new victim. They also know he created a crib for her and the bills can be traced back to him. Time for the &#8216;clean-up&#8217; squad to step in. This would have worked real well if a corrupt police lieutenant didn&#8217;t become aware of it. He is a rascal of sorts. He wants to make mischief. He goes to the victim&#8217;s mother and tells her a detective was seeing her dead daughter and he thinks the detective killed her.

SO WHAT AM I TRYING TO TELL YOU?

1. Anything is possible, even freezing bodies.
2. The FBI is not what it is cracked up to be : super sleuths. truth is they probably get in the way.
3. Cops will try to cover-up a case if a fellow cop is involved in any way that can embarrass the PD.
4. There always are things going on with an investigation you will never learn about.
5. The most interesting things about an investigation are the things you will never know.

That is a movie right there.

I have reason to believe a certain Catholic priest order might be involved in this crime. I will try to make my point later. A 'movie' ? Trust me it wasn't that interesting. Truth of the matter is this became several episodes in NYPD Blue because a producer's friend was damaged because of what happened. You see, there is ALWAYS a story within a story. The show was used as a personal attack on the detective because that detective hurt the career of another cop that was close to the person at BLUE. The detective didn't deserve being ridiculed on a very popular TV show. He had already lost too much by the NYPD on other matters.

I have reason to believe a certain Catholic priest order might be involved in this crime. I will try to make my point later. A 'movie' ? Trust me it wasn't that interesting. Truth of the matter is this became several episodes in NYPD Blue because a producer's friend was damaged because of what happened. You see, there is ALWAYS a story within a story. The show was used as a personal attack on the detective because that detective hurt the career of another cop that was close to the person at BLUE. The detective didn't deserve being ridiculed on a very popular TV show. He had already lost too much by the NYPD on other matters.

You mean AP brewer's next door neighbor?

One time at my job, my computer crashed in the middle of a project. I lost all of my work. I had to re type it.

The results of Gilbert's autopsy also showed she had the tips of several fingers and toes missing.
From that same Newsday article (http://www.newsday.com/long-island/shannan-gilbert-autopsy-finds-no-drugs-in-her-system-1.9702739). And the autopsy they're referring to, to be clear, is the original one. It's possible that Michael Baden has performed a new one, and I wouldn't be surprised if Baden is who leaked the original autopsy report to Newsday. So, if SG's autopsy shows missing fingertips and toe-tips, does that mean they were surgically removed, or that animals got at them? If they were removed, of course, then it means that the body was almost certainly placed there some time after death. And if that's the case, it amazes me that the SCPD has had the audacity to withhold this information from the public for all this time.

We knew that bone in her throat was missing.
The fingers and toes thing is new.

They are not saying she was not on drugs, they are saying they could not detect them. The peptoids of the drugs would definitely break down and could become undetectable when left out in the elements like that.

They are not saying she was not on drugs, they are saying they could not detect them.

And we'd already heard that no drugs had been detected, and knew that they wouldn't likely be detected after so much time and exposure to the elements even if she'd ingested any drugs. So Newsday's headline (no drugs) is a great example of burying the lede, if the fingers and toes were tampered with by an assailant.

We knew that bone in her throat was missing.
The fingers and toes thing is new.

They are not saying she was not on drugs, they are saying they could not detect them. The peptoids of the drugs would definitely break down and could become undetectable when left out in the elements like that.

There was talk of other bones, specifically fingers,being missing as early as July 2012.

I can't find Scandi's original mail, so I dock on here. Yes, the hyoid bone and if I remember right, also a finger bone was missing. Both are small bones, but finger bones hang on often longer with skeletal remains if no bigger animals are around because they are connected by relative short and strong tendons to other bones while the hyoid bone hangs free. It's not really unusual to find the hyoid missing in skeletal remains in the open when little animals are around.
And, Maddalenasgirl, when you ask your anthropologist, please include in the question also the timeline, the area, the water conditions (as in sometimes wet, sometimes not so wet) and the local fauna in your question. Otherwise you could maybe cause some wrong impression, the anthropologist would base his/her judgement on.
And on another side note, four bones, I would have expected missing are still there or at least not reported missing. Two inci and two stapels. Those are small bones in the inner ear. I am not sure whether I spelled them correct in English, but well, you could look them up. Those normally when decomposition is progressed enough, fall into the skull. The tricky thing is, if you later move the skull, they also fall out as easily. If the SCPD really has them, it would prove, that nobody moved the skull unless it was maybe a little turn in situ or something, but for sure no transport.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnelson