Shannan Gilbert Found, death declared an accident. What do you think?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
doesn't look like you are familiar with the pronoun "him"

him - Used as the object of a verb or preposition to refer to a male person or animal previously mentioned or easily identified.

Mr Quinn heard it from CPH's jellyfish breath filled mouth

I love it. Now you sound like Adler. If you are not careful, someone will one day assume, we have less posteras and more accounts in this thread.
But anyway: According to your article snip, Mr. Quinn didn't hear it from HIM but ABOUT him ... learn to read!

Peter

So to get back on the topic of this particular discussion, is it just me or does anyone else have the impression that the ME's statement that SG's cause of death cannot be determined might very well be the last official statement we ever hear from SCPD regarding the death of SG?

Oh my heavenly God!
Truthspider, thanks to you and your profile, depends is now on my grocery list.

It truly is a masterpiece isn't it? black ink on free office notebook lined paper exhibits the artists value of the subject (worthless). The cartoon like features contrast with the reality of the dark side of human nature. Remnants of a buffalo chicken sandwich frame the piece subconsciously giving viewers the need for antacids and charmin ultra soft toilet tissue.

Have a good weekend everybody.

So to get back on the topic of this particular discussion, is it just me or does anyone else have the impression that the ME's statement that SG's cause of death cannot be determined might very well be the last official statement we ever hear from SCPD regarding the death of SG?

So SCPD wishes ... but one day, someone will figure something out and they will have to act. However, if SCPD has to rely on their own advice, I have a feeling, they are lost.

Good question. Does "undetermined" = accidental, and so the case is closed?

Well the new county executive just announced that over thirty detectives agreed to take an early retirement buyout deal.

Since this homicide special team assigned to the LISK case was mostly senior detectives, is anyone even left on the squad investigating the case?

Does the special squad with unlimited overtime even exist anymore (or was the unlimited overtime designed to boos their retirement pay?).

It doesn't sound like Suffolk County has much intention to devote any more resources to this case. They found SG (so no more missing person mystery). I'm sure someone with authority is hoping this will just fade away...

The case is still being investigated.

(So, this could be LE's reason for not allowing the Gilbert family to hear the 911 call?)

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/loca...mains-Serial-Killer-Prostitute-149687895.html

The Suffolk County Homicide Squad is still investigating the circumstances surrounding Shannan Gilbert's death, said Acting Police Commissioner Edward Webber.

*But sadly, I agree... they are hoping this will just fade away

Well the new county executive just announced that over thirty detectives agreed to take an early retirement buyout deal.

Since this homicide special team assigned to the LISK case was mostly senior detectives, is anyone even left on the squad investigating the case?

Does the special squad with unlimited overtime even exist anymore (or was the unlimited overtime designed to boos their retirement pay?).

It doesn't sound like Suffolk County has much intention to devote any more resources to this case. They found SG (so no more missing person mystery). I'm sure someone with authority is hoping this will just fade away...

SCPD is competing with Galveston since a long time for being the worst PD in the world when it comes to SK cases. Looks like SCPD can make the race ... but wait, Galveston has still a big number of cold murder cases and they have the reputation with the SKs which could maybe help them to come back with a new one ... so, this race isn't over yet, hang on!

We obviously need someone who can do this sports reporter touch better than I can.

Peter

Oh, no doubt, you are real. But you also claimed, you are together with Jenny9 and Truthspider in a small circle privy to direct insider information from MG and in the meantime, even it is hard to get the clear word out of them, it appears, both denied this claim for themselves. Which means, the credibility of anything coming from you is at least in my eyes currently extreme low.

Peter

hopefully the 48 hours show will shed some light on all this.

Good question. Does "undetermined" = accidental, and so the case is closed?
There are five legally defined manners of death:

Natural
Accident
Homicide
Suicide
Undetermined

We know Shannon didn't commit suicide so undetermined in this case means it could have been an accident, natural or homicide. We still do not know the official approximation of the time of death either. It is up to the detectives to put their clues together to find out the truth!

Actually we do not know that.
We know she didn't intend to commit suicide. She was running scared saying "they are trying to kill me." She was running for her life. Not trying to end it. Common sense tells us, she didn't commit suicide!

for you? anything... just give me a few days with the concept to get my creative juices flowing....

I will sign the work and hang on to it for the sothebys auction, that or contribute it to the MOBA.
http://www.museumofbadart.org/
I am a huge fan of the work the MOBA does.

I had never seen that before....lol. Love it.

Two Trees in Love.

http://www.museumofbadart.org/coll2/image05.php

That is a good one!! I am really enjoying this.....check out: Dog Bites Man

http://www.museumofbadart.org/coll2/image05.php

A complete profile includes
- description including ethnicity
- hints how to find the guy

At least one of those points, I wasn't allowed to post here. Thus, you have to google my name, find the website of my wife and me (two Brendts obviously) and look there in the serial killer collection (a bit difficult, but I'm also not allowed by the TOS to link the site directly).

Peter

Hi Peter, you have your profile in the theory thread, too. Is that right?

We know she didn't intend to commit suicide. She was running scared saying "they are trying to kill me." She was running for her life. Not trying to end it. Common sense tells us, she didn't commit suicide!

I agree that rational thinking makes the possibility of suicide unlikely. However, when it comes to the actions of chronic drug users or people with a history of mental illness, rational thinking is not applicable. In this case, we have a victim with a drug addiction along with a mental disorder that is known to be one of the leading factors that causes suicide (incidentally, right behind depression & bipolar disorder, substance abuse is the 2nd leading factor attributed to suicide). Time spent in foster care along with the inability to leave an abusive relationship are also on the list of risk factors.

With the ME stating that her cause of death cannot be determined, anything is possible. There is no proof that can rule out the possibilty that SG completely lost her mind that evening and decided to overdose on drugs. Before you knock this possibility you should be aware that there have been plenty of cases of bi-polar drug addicts committing suicide after experiencing extreme paranoia. It's fairly difficult for us to understand this possibility using rational thought & common sense. It also seems sureal to envision any theory where we are asked to accept that SG was not murdered given the discovery of all of the other victims found nearby.

I know this is probably asking too much of anyone to consider.

All I can say is that a suicidal rampage cannot be ruled out because there is not a shred of evidence that points away from it. There are actually more pieces to the puzzle that fit this possibility than any other. For instance, this would explain why she was running around the swampy bramble with no pants on (as well as why she left her purse, jacket and cell phone behind).

This isn't my theory on what happened (although now that I am thinking it through, it does seem more likely than the crazy one-legged doctor theory). I am just simply pointing out that out of the five legal definitions of causes of death (as pointed out by BKS), we cannot make the assumption that suicide is off the table just like we cannot take "Accident" or "Homicide" off the table.

On the same line of thinking, I have a question;

If a woman's low self-esteme or poor judgement placed her in an extremely dangerous & reckless situation and then she dies as a result of her lack of regard for her own safety (reckless self-endangerment), is that considered suicide or accidentally killing oneself?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orions