She cut her own throat

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Jim
In good fiction, everything must have a logical and reasonable explanation. A good plot is nothing more than a sequence of cause-effect events that move in increasing intensity toward a climax. And everything must have an explanation. That's why you get frustrated with a book or movie that doesn't tie up all the loose ends
Yes, I see it now. You watch the movie or read the book wondering who did this and how and why? So you would create a novel starting with Darlie and Darin's stories, with their inconsistencies, but without her rewrites. and keep everybody on the edge of their seats trying to figure out all of this crap we are doing right here! But in fiction, things come together, you find out who the killer is, you see, maybe in a flashback how and why and when. In real life this BS story will never come together, just as you said, that makes the reader frustrated. That's exactly what Darlie is doing to us. We can't find the missing pieces which could be found in a movie or a novel. Thanks Jim, now go convince Darlie that we need our ending!

beesy said:
Jim
In real life this BS story will never come together, just as you said, that makes the reader frustrated. That's exactly what Darlie is doing to us. We can't find the missing pieces which would be found in a movie or a novel.

Exactly! In a novel, we would eventually find out who killed the boys, and it would make sense--or at least you would have a clear understanding of why the killer committed the crime.

In real life, things are never so neat.

Two precious boys are dead--senselessly--and we will probably never know exactly why.

Thanks Jim, now go convince Darlie that we need our ending!
Sigh. Don't think that will happen. Even if/when she gets the needle, the loose ends will remain untied. :(

JimPence said:
[/b]Exactly! In a novel, we would eventually find out who killed the boys, and it would make sense--or at least you would have a clear understanding of why the killer committed the crime.

In real life, things are never so neat.

Two precious boys are dead--senselessly--and we will probably never know exactly why.

Sigh. Don't think that will happen. Even if/when she gets the needle, the loose ends will remain untied. :(

And if it is a Monk or Murder She Wrote segment, we get all the little unexplained details capped off at the end with perfect solutions. Even how the super sleuths figured out the impossible. If only, if only.....:waitasec:

Goody said:
Yes, but look at how deep a young boy's torso is at that age. The knife blade is probably longer than their torso is deep, esp for healthy, active boys who are on the slender size as Devon was. Even Damon, though a bit chubbier, was on the slim side. Plus rib bones were more like cartilage than bone at that age. Not as easy as slicing through a ham maybe but not nearly as cumbersome as stabbing a fully grown adult, no matter how skinny. I have never heard anyone even hint at a practice session on a chicken or turkey, etc....that is pretty chilling. I guess anything is possible but I think I would have to hear it from her before I would latch onto that one. You are welcome to your speculations though.

Thank you. I just believe that the murders were premeditated and that Darlie is a psychopath to have been able to kill in the horrible way that it all happened with no confession or psychosis like some of the women who've killed children lately. Unless the speed or diet pills wore off and caused something, I can't believe that there was much of a sudden angry rage at the exact time of the murders and that the snap for Darlie came after the birth of the baby and the money troubles. The final snap was probably due to kids being out of school for the summer and the trouble that they got into that day. The children were going to be of no use and in the way. A psychopath is said to get rid of people in their way or to not even value them at all. I can see Darlie thinking ahead of how to do the crime and how to get it done.

txsvicki said:
Thank you. I just believe that the murders were premeditated and that Darlie is a psychopath to have been able to kill in the horrible way that it all happened with no confession or psychosis like some of the women who've killed children lately. Unless the speed or diet pills wore off and caused something, I can't believe that there was much of a sudden angry rage at the exact time of the murders and that the snap for Darlie came after the birth of the baby and the money troubles. The final snap was probably due to kids being out of school for the summer and the trouble that they got into that day. The children were going to be of no use and in the way. A psychopath is said to get rid of people in their way or to not even value them at all. I can see Darlie thinking ahead of how to do the crime and how to get it done.
I can, too. But I don't think she was psychotic. Perfectly sane people can be pretty selfish and evil, too when something or someone stands in their way. I am torn between a couple of possibilities, but I agree that your idea that she could have planned it in advance. Nothing I have seen about the case tells that it didn't happen that way.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties
Back