DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello SeriouslySearching,

You wrote:
>>Obviously, the threats stopped after the camera was put up.<<

What threats? Where are the threats? What did the threats say -- these were obvioulsy "physical" -- i.e. in that they arrived in a mail box supposedly so WHERE are these notes/arrivals?

Obviously Sheri was given a heads up about them, she notified the school. Did she see them or did her husband say, "I can't show them to you, I don't want to upset you -- just talk to the school."

WHERE is the documentation of these threats. Did the detective neighbor see these? (is it a detective ArtieG?)

I want to know WHO laid their eyes on even one of these threats.

W

yes, I was told that the Detective in the subdivsion, has indeed seen the threats and knows that they are indeed letters or paper.

Hello ArtieG,

You wrote:
>>Makes it seem like he doesn't care what the community feels about his family that he doesn't care himself. <<

He didn't call Sheri's mom, he hasn't looked at that laid by the house, he didn't seem touched at his family's viewing, he didn't attend the bodies to Chicago (my husband would not have let mine and our children's bodies go anywhere without him), he didn't go to the candlelight vigil, he hasn't begged for people who know something to come forward, he hasn't walked in and said "print me, give me a lie detector test, do whatever the hell you must but find the murderer of my family." There are a lotta things that this guy who just really couldn't do this is not doing (doing) that seems way strange.

I really think that if LE felt that there was a shred of innocence in this man, they would be all over the place looking for the real murderer. I think they would be standing alongside him as husband and father, if they thought he were victim and not perp.

W

Let's see, they have two young kids. Are they going to keep track of every window they open and don't re-lock? Do the kids even know about the threats? Doubtful. Why worry your kids?

Errors happen all the time. I wrote earlier that my wife and I are neurotic about making sure our windows are all locked . . . yet we recently found the front window was unlocked. We had it open for nice spring weather and simply missed relocking it.

It can happen.

But were you getting threats sent to your family? I think if you were you would not have missed it.

Right! We don't know. There is so much we just don't know yet.
There is a lot we do know:

1. 3 people are dead by homicide.
2. Husband has a shaky alibi.
3. Husband was cheating.
4. House was put into his name only months before.
5. Threats were made, but LE could not determine there was any criminal activity involved.
6. Husband was negligent on security issues at home when it was his profession.
7. Threat or Threats were left on the inside wall or walls of the home.
8. Calls were made to home and to LE before finding the bodies which was suspicious.
9. LE has determined it was not random, but isolated.
10. LE tailed husband openly.
11. LE asked specifically for people who knew the family to come forward with information. (Was not a general plea for information.)
12. No forced entry into the home.
13. Victims found in bedrooms.
14. Husband hired an attorney hours after the murders.
15. A court order had to be issued to obtain fingerprints from husband.
16. Husband did not notify her family of the deaths and did not speak to them for 2 days.
17. Husband did not allow time for her family to attend the funeral and held up their request for a separate one to be held in Chicago.
18. Husband was not included in being a target, but threats were supposedly against his affiliation to JMM.

I am sure there are more things, but these are what I can toss out off the top of my head. Feel free to add more!

Link to pictures ...

http://stltoday.mycapture.com/mycap...46843&CategoryID=38578&picnum=31&move=B#Image

Earlier we were debating about the perp hiding in the woods behind the house waiting for his chance to enter. Look at picture #2, it shows how close these houses are to each other; and shows houses behind the Coleman house with windows overlooking their yard. I don't see any trees, let alone woods. I'm sure Artie could verify that, since he does live there.

I'm still not buying into an unknown perp coming in through the back window. Seems he would have been seen in the early morning light of day... too risky! Whereas no one would think a thing of someone who lived in the house being in the backyard or leaving that early, IMO.

Oh and again...

The temperature of those poor victims spoke worlds to whether there was any credibility to the alibi. I guess we just have to wait on the coroner's inquest.

W

Not to mention the writer indicates that Sheri was estranged from her family in the Chicago area yet they attempt to insinuate it has something to do with the 'mean scary people' her Chicago area people are associated with.

Okay, proceed with caution. The next paragraph is kind of like following the bouncing ball, but that was partly on purpose.

Is it just me, or does that just make ya scratch your head and go "What am I missing here?" Why would the mean scary people threaten and murder Sheri and her boys if she didn't have anything to do with the people the mean scary people had the problem with? I'm sorry, but that just doesn't make one bit of sense. Wouldn't it make more sense to harm someone whose death would assuredly cause grief? Someone they are closer to?

Un-huh. I think that poster is attempting to deflect and redirect.

In other words, *snap* *snap* NEXT!

ITA with you on the deflect & redirect....that post had me going :waitasec: too & I wanted to hear what the WSerz thought about it.

FWIW, "acoleman" has made no further posts today - go figure, right?

Hello SeriouslySearching,

Maybe you should add to your list that the father/husband of the victims didn't get murdered or chased down and killed by the murderer.

W

SS..

Another thing we know, LE has only interviewed CC once... the day of the murders. I would think there would have been several interviews in a case of this magnitude. Heck, I'd be camped out at the PD begging them to talk to me to try to gain any info I could provide.

Has anybody found the link to the pics that were taken the day of the murders? They were out there somewhere and I wanted to look at them again, but having no luck. TIA

Oh you silly head Stella,

The perp was probably hiding in the haystacks so that he/she could sneak into the back window when she heard the father's car roll off to the gym in the morning.:bang:

W

my point exactly. Even after all of the bad storms we have been having, everything is still outside. Toys, flowers, even teddy bears. Makes it seem like he doesn't care what the community feels about his family that he doesn't care himself.

I thought the same thing, but my wife mentioned that it could be just left there as a memorial, like the flowers, card and pictures left on the steps of Kirkwood City Hall after the murders there or those flowers you see at the site of a fatal car accident.

The perp was probably hiding in the haystacks so that he/she could sneak into the back window when she heard the father's car roll off to the gym in the morning.:bang:

W

I'd never thought of that one, lmao! Thanks for the laugh!!! :blowkiss:

"If someone were checking the mail, the way the camera was directed, would it have been visible if someone were not only checking the mail, but also putting something in it at the same time? Was the view of the mailbox such that it would have been somewhat obscured as to allow some slight-of-hand while checking ones mail? "

the camera was pointed at the mailbox at a slight angle, so if there was slight of hand it may have shown it. However, who is to say that the 'threatening letters' ever saw the mailbox? If it was CC or someone who knew CC, he could have had the letters in his pocket, came home from work or went outside to get the mail if he worked at night and was home during the day (mail gets delivered at about 1:15- 1:30 daily. I'm sure he could have walked to the box, gotten the mail and on his walk back inside stuck the threatening letter(s) with the other mail.

Or, if this wasn't him, again, someone could open the box and be seen by the camera, but the view of their hands would only be partially seen.

My picture from earlier, and from this link: shows that the camera on the far right side of the house and the mailbox was on the far left side of the property. So, it may have seen a good view of whatever was happening.

Are there street lights that would illuminate the mailbox area enough that the video camera could record someone "tampering" with the mailbox or delivering mail "unofficially" in the dark of night?

Just seems that someone who wanted to threaten CC & family via letters wouldn't necessarily do it in broad daylight.

AHA!

ArtieG wrote (sheesh I almost missed it):
>>yes, I was told that the Detective in the subdivsion, has indeed seen the threats and knows that they are indeed letters or paper.<<

WOAHHHHHHHH I would like to know more about these, paper/typewritten, cut out letters glued?

And I am thinking it was MikeysMomMom who wondered if the former house they lived in was used to create such messages.

Wonder if those papers were given to the police and put on file -- or if just your neighbor was shown these? i.e. were these documented with the police? AND the detective, would they say what these things actually said? Could you squeeze that out of him?

W

They have about 3 trees in the back of their yard then there is the lake. The trees are tall deciduous trees, like a larch or birch or pear tree. They have a tall trunk and have their branches close to the trunk about 10-15 feet of the ground, if I recall correctly. There is no forest behind there. The only perp that could hide in those trees is a ninja. (That was comical and generalized statement. I am in no way endorsing ninjas or being racist towards ninjas. Nor do I believe that a ninja did the crime).

Um, here is my rough drawing:

_A_X_X_X_X_X_X_X_X_X
B LAKE
_C_X_X_X_X_X_X_

The Coleman house is the C, the "_" are the areas in between each house, and the "X" are houses. Now, house A, just recently put in an above ground pool, which may have had construction workers still finishing the fence around it, which is the law around pools, last week. Also, any of them, or the owners could have seen anyone snooping around the back yard or "forest": behind CC. The lake at this point, is no wider than about 50-60 feet. Also, house B, is in between and on the end of this lake, so the people who are always working on their house, they flip houses for a living I think, would have seen someone out there as well, as I think they were working on finishing their basement these past few weeks, and they have a walk-out basement to the lake.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

W
Would that make the perp a bale bailer or a hay hauler? Perhaps a stack stalker? hehehe

Oops ArtieG,

I forgot to ask if these were handwritten, typewritten, cut/pasted (the handwriting is what I forgot to ask about)

Is there any description of these -- how often they came -- what they stated? Were these documented with the local police?

W

I know that the LE has the copies of the letters that previously came. They wouldn't have started to keep an eye out on CC's house and family if they didn't have proof.

"The only perp that could hide in those trees is a ninja. (That was comical and generalized statement. I am in no way endorsing ninjas or being racist towards ninjas. Nor do I believe that a ninja did the crime)."

:floorlaugh: Artie, that was priceless! Post of the day!

Thanks for the info! Your drawing looks great compared to the pics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Isla_lei