Sheri Coleman, sons Garett and Gavin murdered 5-5-09, Columbia, IL. Pt3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Little problem with the ex husband being upset and doing the deed or hiring it done. How did they get that sneaky lil threat carrier to get those threats into the mailbox for how many months?

W
Not to mention that would not be removing the supposed threat to the ex-husband, fact is it would free up the competition so to speak.

Not to mention that would not be removing the supposed threat to the ex-husband, fact is it would free up the competition so to speak.

Unless it was "break it off with her" or I will harm your family!

Howdy LindaDanette,

Good to see you.

My guess is that he could have cared less -- on the other hand, he could have been hiding in the basement or maybe hired a hit man to hide there :bang:

W

You could be absolutely right (and probably are). I like to worry at the loose threads of a case until they unravel. In this case and relationship, it would depend on what kind of dynamic PB and TL have. Was/is PB possessive of TL? I imagine that LE has delved into this a bit - I hope so.

I've dug through what I can find regarding his business, "Bel Venture Concepts" - but there's really not too much I can find. He uses a registered agent and, in a 2004 profit statement (Fla Sun Biz) he described the nature of the business as "Machine Operation"?????

He shows an address change on 2/2009 - and a move back to Tampa.
That's not that long ago. Did TL break it off with him again and tell him anything about her plans?

Hello All,

About the possibility of increased life insurance or getting it on Sheri...

Dave Ramsey hits the topic:

>>The truth is that you would be better off to get the $7 term policy and and put the extra $93 in a cookie jar! At least after 3 years you would have $3,000, and when you died your family would get your savings.<<

Also...here:

>>The only people that have a real need for life insurance are those on whom people are depending for their livelihood. They should carry about 10 times their annual income on 20-year term life insurance.<<

SO...if Sheri were not the breadwinner, 10x'ing the life insurance on her would be a misinterpretation of the above advice.

Now then -- did Chris up his life insurance 10 times? He was the one earning (the one upon whom Sheri and the children depended to win bread). Doesn't seem likely that income from housekeeping or waitressing would have played much into the scenario (except that maybe Sheri would have some cash, since the cash from Chris' wage was probably being spent on the upcoming Grand Jury witness.)

W

Unless it was "break it off with her" or I will harm your family!
If that were indeed the case, LE already knows of the threats and now of the g/f. Don't you think LE would be investigating on that end if that were indeed what the threats entailed?

Hopefully more will come out in regard to the 'threats' as it were. I personally don't put too much credence in the supposed threats. I think LE knows who was making them. I think LE knows a whole lot more than any of us.

Little problem with the ex husband being upset and doing the deed or hiring it done. How did they get that sneaky lil threat carrier to get those threats into the mailbox for how many months?

W
Unless Miss Motive had been in the Coleman home recently, there would be the problem of the ex knowing about where the cameras were located, the location of the dvr, and the layout of the home. Then you have the problems of no forced entry into the home, the limited time frame with the phone ringing constantly, no strange vehicle, no stranger seen coming or going, and several other things. The threats are don't fit it being the ex either, like Wrinkles mentioned.

No. Not buying that Miss Motive or her ex had anything to do with carrying out these murders. Nothing points to the either one of them. LE would have already verified their alibis.

It would be nice if LE would tell us who they had cleared. :)

Unless Miss Motive had been in the Coleman home recently, there would be the problem of the ex knowing about where the cameras were located, the location of the dvr, and the layout of the home. Then you have the problems of no forced entry into the home, the limited time frame with the phone ringing constantly, no strange vehicle, no stranger seen coming or going, and several other things. The threats are don't fit it being the ex either, like Wrinkles mentioned.

No. Not buying that Miss Motive or her ex had anything to do with carrying out these murders. Nothing points to the either one of them. LE would have already verified their alibis.

Ah yes, all those pesky details do make that a bit uncomfortable. Nope, don't think Miss Motives ex-hubby is the culprit.

Motive, means and opportunity folks. It really IS that simple.

You could be absolutely right (and probably are). I like to worry at the loose threads of a case until they unravel. In this case and relationship, it would depend on what kind of dynamic PB and TL have. Was/is PB possessive of TL? I imagine that LE has delved into this a bit - I hope so.

I've dug through what I can find regarding his business, "Bel Venture Concepts" - but there's really not too much I can find. He uses a registered agent and, in a 2004 profit statement (Fla Sun Biz) he described the nature of the business as "Machine Operation"?????

He shows an address change on 2/2009 - and a move back to Tampa.
That's not that long ago. Did TL break it off with him again and tell him anything about her plans
?

(bolded by me) brings up a very interesting aspect especially since Feb. was a big month for JMM in Fla IIRC...

maybe she chose to be with someone else during this time...causing the old bf to move on...

Hello Ya'll,

As the TallCoolOne mentioned:
>>I think LE knows who was making them. I think LE knows a whole lot more than any of us.<<

Yup... I think that matching a JMM printer or paper or envelopes (one that only Chris could access) to the threats (or if these were cut out, to the things from which they were cut out), matching the time of death to far earlier than his departure at 5:43AM, matching a car and arm tossing out stuff from a car, matching a check in at the gym, and on and on -- will certainly rule out certain "coulda beens."

W

I don't think that TL or PB are the perps. I do wonder how their relationship with each other factored into CC's motivation - if TL has anything to do with his motive at all. . . .

Just some observations here:

I) Did CC lawyer up before he contacted Sheri's family?

2) I was watching TV and caught a portion of what I believe was the funeral....CC was with a man and woman leaning against a car...the man was putting his arm around CC to "comfort " him and the woman was standing off to the side as if she was repulsed by him, or afraid . I later found out , it was his parents.

Aside from all the other obvious factors, these made me quite uneasy, again we are witnessing another familicide by husband (in my opinion).

Speaking of logical conclusions...I'm wondering where CC was when the reported screaming at 3:00 was going on?
I'm wondering how many other times he called LE just as he was going home himself to do a wellness check...
I'm wondering what other information you need to suspect CC?
^i^

You're assuming financial dishonesty.

You nor anyone else .. but you do .. take this case and others you have "sleuthed" and leap to illogical conclusions.

Perhaps I have a less than colored perspective as my head is not filled with citing "well.. in this case" .....

It would be helpful to view this case solely .. not in light of .. "oh.. Scott Peterson did those so it holds ABSOLUTELY that Coleman did too!"

The conclusions drawn here are sometimes extremely illogical .. and seem so charged with emotion rather than logic and reasoning.

Is that enough ... explanation?

Just some observations here:

I) Did CC lawyer up before he contacted Sheri's family?

2) I was watching TV and caught a portion of what I believe was the funeral....CC was with a man and woman leaning against a car...the man was putting his arm around CC to "comfort " him and the woman was standing off to the side as if she was repulsed by him, or afraid . I later found out , it was his parents.

Aside from all the other obvious factors, these made me quite uneasy, again we are witnessing another familicide by husband (in my opinion).

Yes. He lawyered up hours after the murders and waited two days before contacting Sheri's family. (LE made the initial call to let them know of the murders and Chris called about funeral arrangements, IIRC.)

Hello Pferrin,

Thanks for that obit -- its not the one though. The one I saw specifically listed a choice for memorials to go to, that choice was "specified" such that anyone wanting to give a memorial could use/name the one specified. There was no doubt about the naming of the specified -- it stuck in my head because I kept thinking, "what would money placed in that be used for?" I sure wish that it would have been one of those we printed up in the first thread :( then maybe one of our diggers would have found it by now.

Hiya LindaDanette,

You wrote:
>>I don't think that TL or PB are the perps. I do wonder how their relationship with each other factored into CC's motivation - if TL has anything to do with his motive at all. . .<<

Well -- I'm kinda curious about what their relationship will be now. In one of the first articles about the "relationship" (alleged, real, etc.) -- it seemed to have stated the woman as working at a gentleman's club. Then, in a subsequent article it said she "formerly" worked at one. This led me to believe that someone called after the news was out and said, "She don't work here no more now." Who knows whether she was or was not working at the gentleman's club when the news first came out -- dunno.

So...income, what is she doing for that now? Me thinks that mistress and ex had a relationship to help one another financially based on house being quit claimed to her (didn't we see that) and then the house (or was it a condo) being sold, then "his" debts being paid off?

My guess is that it is possible that a lover would maybe say, "Uh I don't want you doing that kind of work anymore if we are going to be together."

W

Speaking of logical conclusions...I'm wondering where CC was when the reported screaming at 3:00 was going on?
I'm wondering how many other times he called LE just as he was going home himself to do a wellness check...
I'm wondering what other information you need to suspect CC?
^i^
I would also like to know more about the 'scream'

Was it a scream of terror or someone(s) screaming words in anger like as in a verbal argument? Sure would like to know about that.

Not sure if this obit has been listed.

Memorials may be made to the family's choice, C/O Grace Church Ministries.

Thanks, that is what I read and didn't understand.

Family's choice? Whose?
Some people ask that donations be given to various charities in lieu of flowers. I don't quite understand "family's choice" either in this obit.

I believe everyone can forget a hit-man, accomplice, and g/f's ex etc doing this. LE has made themselves pretty clear on that issue.

JMHO
fran

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5iXu_5JgcE5OIJ4jzEnfnUFe8BGZgD985K23O4

Cop: 1 person responsible for Ill. family's deaths

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member