Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
from the obit just posted:

COLUMBIA - Sheri A. Coleman, 31, passed away at 7:55 a.m. Tuesday, May 5, 2009, at her residence.

link http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/thesouthern/obituary.aspx?page=lifestory&pid=127063229

why would they put this time and where did they get that info???
It could be when the ME declared her dead, but I don't know how they would have access to the information. Very strange and very incorrect.

So someone replaced the prior obit with this more formal one? I see all 300+ comments and photos are the same. Maybe someone complained about Chris not being mentioned before?

Yes. He lawyered up hours after the murders and waited two days before contacting Sheri's family. (LE made the initial call to let them know of the murders and Chris called about funeral arrangements, IIRC.)

Now that is just weird! If something happened to my dear SO you can bet your bottom dollar that I'd be dialing his Mother in MT first thing. I just can't wrap my head around waiting 2 days to call his in-laws, even if they were not on the best of terms. They all have Sheri, Garrett and Gavin as family members....why wouldn't he call her closest relatives immediately?:confused:

I would also like to know more about the 'scream'

Was it a scream of terror or someone(s) screaming words in anger like as in a verbal argument? Sure would like to know about that.

IIRC, the neighbor who spoke on a news video, said it was an 'argument' or 'arguing' or 'fight' and they didn't specify 3 a.m. in the report I saw. They said the evening before or something like that. NO EXACT TIME.

JMHO
fran

Now that is just weird! If something happened to my dear SO you can bet your bottom dollar that I'd be dialing his Mother in MT first thing. I just can't wrap my head around waiting 2 days to call his in-laws, even if they were not on the best of terms. They all have Sheri, Garrett and Gavin as family members....why wouldn't he call her closest relatives immediately?:confused:

NOT only did he NOT call Sheri's family, per recent affidavits, Sheri's brother tried for two days to get hold of Chris. NADA! FINALLY, Chris called the brother on Thursday to tell him what time the funeral was.

JMHO
fran

It could be when the ME declared her dead, but I don't know how they would have access to the information. Very strange and very incorrect.

You're correct from my experience, it has been at the time death was declared. NOT necessarily the EXACT TOD, as that's unknown.

We've even seen it reinacted on shows where they're in an operating room, trying to save someone, they may already have been dead for minutes and when they stop they dramatically ask the doc if he wants to declare. He's heartbroken and grimaces, gazes up at the clock and says, 20 minutes past 9..........................fade to black.

:slap:
fran

NOT only did he NOT call Sheri's family, per recent affidavits, Sheri's brother tried for two days to get hold of Chris. NADA! FINALLY, Chris called the brother on Thursday to tell him what time the funeral was.

JMHO
fran

This implies to me that Chris was avoiding eye contact with family members. And to call to inform of funeral arrangements after avoiding them is more suspect. Maybe I'm abnormal in my thinking, but those would be the folks I'd be leaning on for comfort and support. My mom would throw a hissy fit if she were excluded from assisting in arrangements for my funeral!:furious:

Did Sheri know of the affair? Had she found out about it and an argument ensued? Sorry all I just started follwing this case today and this thread is moving at warp speed!

So someone replaced the prior obit with this more formal one? I see all 300+ comments and photos are the same. Maybe someone complained about Chris not being mentioned before?

Hey SS,

This is a source not linked to before with a publication date of May 8, 2009.

I don't think it's an edited obit .. it's just one no one ran across and posted here till now.

Thanks to whoever did-it provides the type of information not mentioned in previous obits like where the person was born .. in other words, a little narrative about their life.

Gosh I hate to be a thread hog, but sometimes I just have so many ideas!:crazy:

Doncha' just love how the timelines on some of these cases begin to shrink like cotton in hot water!?:confused:

So, we start out Chris tells LE he left the home about 5:30 a.m.............

A day or so ago, LE says he left the home at 5:43

Then earlier we hear the bodies were found about 7:00 a.m.

NOW we find that LE arrived on the scene at 6:51 a.m.

Now you have to ask yourself, IF LE was on the scene at 6:51 a.m., just how long before that did Chris call the neighborhood LE officer?

LE is asking for anyone to contact them with anything suspicious on the bridge PRIOR to 6:50 a.m. on the morning of the murders.:bang:

Yeah, same type of thing happened to Scott Peterson......He THOUGHT he'd have all day to have had the disappearance of his wife develope. That darn neighbor who found the darn dog narrowed his timeline down to 45 minutes. Then that darn Mark Geragos had to make such a big deal out of the meringue thingy, he cut off another 20 minutes...............then that dumb cell phone tower............cut off another twenty minutes or so...............:waitasec:

Yep....................when all was said and done,.............10 minutes was all it was................the perp did it to himself no less. Between his statement to LE and him checking his OWN voice-mail, :bang:

How many more minutes are they going to shave off this case?:behindbar

Curiouser and curiouser, ;)
fran

PS..........see I'm thinkin' if LE is asking for anything prior to 6:50 a.m. that morning, do they believe Chris was actually closer to the home? Did he throw out something on his way? Did he call them from closer to home than he wants everyone to believe?

http://www.bnd.com/breaking_news/story/767039.html

Connor said evidence was discarded on Interstate 255, and investigators are asking for anyone who saw something unusual before 6:50 a.m. May 5 to call police.

pps.......fwiw, I corrected the time he left according to le from 5:48 to 5:43, as I realized I was in error. It's still 13 minutes later than he originally told le.....fran

If that were indeed the case, LE already knows of the threats and now of the g/f. Don't you think LE would be investigating on that end if that were indeed what the threats entailed?

Hopefully more will come out in regard to the 'threats' as it were. I personally don't put too much credence in the supposed threats. I think LE knows who was making them. I think LE knows a whole lot more than any of us.

I have it on good authority that a trip was made out of state just last night to interview yet another person.

Don't want to tip my hat prematurely and say what state. :)

Hello Pferrin,

Thanks for that obit -- its not the one though. The one I saw specifically listed a choice for memorials to go to, that choice was "specified" such that anyone wanting to give a memorial could use/name the one specified. There was no doubt about the naming of the specified -- it stuck in my head because I kept thinking, "what would money placed in that be used for?" I sure wish that it would have been one of those we printed up in the first thread :( then maybe one of our diggers would have found it by now.

Hiya LindaDanette,

You wrote:
>>I don't think that TL or PB are the perps. I do wonder how their relationship with each other factored into CC's motivation - if TL has anything to do with his motive at all. . .<<

Well -- I'm kinda curious about what their relationship will be now. In one of the first articles about the "relationship" (alleged, real, etc.) -- it seemed to have stated the woman as working at a gentleman's club. Then, in a subsequent article it said she "formerly" worked at one. This led me to believe that someone called after the news was out and said, "She don't work here no more now." Who knows whether she was or was not working at the gentleman's club when the news first came out -- dunno.

So...income, what is she doing for that now? Me thinks that mistress and ex had a relationship to help one another financially based on house being quit claimed to her (didn't we see that) and then the house (or was it a condo) being sold, then "his" debts being paid off?

My guess is that it is possible that a lover would maybe say, "Uh I don't want you doing that kind of work anymore if we are going to be together."

W

What I would like to know is if PB is still involved in the Adult Entertainment industry and where both of them get their incomes from. "Run Machine" is a very ambiguous business description.

Unless it was "break it off with her" or I will harm your family!

Wouldn't he want to remove his competition? What purpose would it be to remove his family, leaving him free and clear to pursue her?

Did Sheri know of the affair? Had she found out about it and an argument ensued? Sorry all I just started follwing this case today and this thread is moving at warp speed!

I believe there's a possibility that Sheri knew of the affair. You see, a week or two prior to the murders, one of the boys told his teacher he was very excited because they were going to DisneyWorld. But a few days later, the boy was disappointed because his mom changed her mind because she 'didn't want him to miss so much school.'

IMHO, you can kind of read into that. ;) The g/f lived in Florida.
Sheri was raised in Florida.
It's rumored the husband may have been in Florida earlier in the year or so?
It's rumored that the couple may have been split up?
It's rumored that LE found out about the g/f from local family 'friends.'
Which IF it was local friends who told LE about the g/f, the Sheri definitely knew, IMHO.

JMHO
fran

Wouldn't he want to remove his competition? What purpose would it be to remove his family, leaving him free and clear to pursue her?

He wouldn't pursue her. He was warned the consequences if he didn't stop.

What I would like to know is if PB is still involved in the Adult Entertainment industry and where both of them get their incomes from. "Run Machine" is a very ambiguous business description.

You could do a Google maps of the listed address ... surely Google has street view in that area. Of course, even if you see lots of "machines" or heavy equipment doesn't mean PB isn't involved "on the side"

I believe there's a possibility that Sheri knew of the affair. You see, a week or two prior to the murders, one of the boys told his teacher he was very excited because they were going to DisneyWorld. But a few days later, the boy was disappointed because his mom changed her mind because she 'didn't want him to miss so much school.'

IMHO, you can kind of read into that. ;) The g/f lived in Florida.
Sheri was raised in Florida.
It's rumored the husband may have been in Florida earlier in the year or so?
It's rumored that the couple may have been split up?
It's rumored that LE found out about the g/f from local family 'friends.'
Which IF it was local friends who told LE about the g/f, the Sheri definitely knew, IMHO.

JMHO
fran

Thanks for catching me up!

Ah the teachers should always be interviewed. Kids tell teachers everything! I know from first hand experience. I knew more about the parents of my former students than they would've been comfortable with!

On Nancy Grace last night, they were saying that CC's alleged girlfriend was a school friend of Sheri's (I think they said highschool friend, but I can't remember for certain). That kinda makes me think that Sheri may have known, or at the very least, had suspicions.

They must have gone to Arkansas. LOL

Do we know that Chris called the detective living in the neighborhood for certain? (I guess I have forgotten.)

I think the reason LE has specified before 6:50 am as a timeline on the bridge information is because it does place Chris there twice. At 6:51 am he makes the call to LE and they have his cell phone ping records. So they only suspect he tossed something or did someone or the camera actually see him do this? They seem very adamant about the area which sounds like there was more than a suspicion on their part.

I still think it is a weapon of some kind they are desperate to find. The original searches of the manholes and the lake were not for something trivial like camera guts, imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cowboy89