Sheri Coleman, sons Garett and Gavin murdered 5-5-09, Columbia, IL. Pt4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How did you "learn" of this method. By Googlin'g I saw it's been .. uh .. "employed"

Call me naive ... but it was a "new one" on me.

I learned of this method via a news story I read a few years ago, seems like it was used against the employees of a self storage type business. Yes, it soulds absolutely horrific, which is why it stuck in my mind.

You say you are not a member of CC's family. Have you been to CC's house since this happened?

KA-CHING! Add that to the Coleman Is Guilty column.

I was reading the "found the glove" article's comments @ stltoday .

Someone posted this (bbm):

Sanderosa96-bhmail May 18, 2009 6:20PM CST
That glove could have come from any vehicle on the highway. Not too long ago they were painting the JB Bridge and used "red" primer. It's a long shot and will be torn apart in court unless they can get some DNA out of it.
Report Abuse

I think the paint on the glove could be verified fairly quickly as to whether or not it's a match to paint in the message(s) @ the crime scene -- while they're waiting on fingerprint &/or DNA analysis.

Didn't think so! This is just LE's little bait finally thrown out for us to nibble on... or to smoke someone out. IMO this was found long before today and LE is just releasing a little bit here & there to make a certain person squirm.

Stella,

Thanks for that comment .. it's along the lines of a comment made on the PD .. I was going to ask what the forum thinks of this "opinion"

===================
Spanishlake May 18, 2009 5:32PM CST
This sounds like it might be a planted story, designed to flush out Mr. Coleman. The cops do this sometimes in the hopes that the suspected perp will get scared, and then get on the (tapped) phone with whoever did the crime and say some very dumb things about Coleman's involvement.
Report Abuse

I learned of this method via a news story I read a few years ago, seems like it was used against the employees of a self storage type business. Yes, it soulds absolutely horrific, which is why it stuck in my mind.

You say you are not a member of CC's family. Have you been to CC's house since this happened?

Ummm .. no and no. Why do you ask? I don't think they'd have any reason to have me over. :)

Such an odd question ..

This video I had not seen. It shows the house where Coleman formerly lived, states that the house is owned by JMM, and clearly shows an "armed guard" outside the house.

http://www.fox2now.com/ktvi-triple-murder-9p-050609,0,4426293.story

Does anyone know if this former residence is STILL being watched? We know that the Columbia residence has been turned back over to CC. I don't remember hearing anything about the old residence.

What is more baffling to me is why is it so important, other than the fact that JMM owns the place now.....I guess CC...or perhaps some other perp could have been carrying on there....

I was reading the "found the glove" article's comments @ stltoday .

Someone posted this (bbm):

Sanderosa96-bhmail May 18, 2009 6:20PM CST
That glove could have come from any vehicle on the highway. Not too long ago they were painting the JB Bridge and used "red" primer. It's a long shot and will be torn apart in court unless they can get some DNA out of it.
Report Abuse

I think the paint on the glove could be verified fairly quickly as to whether or not it's a match to paint in the message(s) @ the crime scene -- while they're waiting on fingerprint &/or DNA analysis.

You're right, they can match it. FWIW, I believe the JB bridge was last painted/worked on in 2006 when a bunch of workers fell; I believe one was never recovered. And the paint color/primer they generally use is a burnt red/orange looking color...although we don't know if the paint used in the house was really red or not.

Ummm .. no and no. Why do you ask? I don't think they'd have any reason to have me over. :)

Such an odd question ..

You joined WS just for this case, as a lot of us did. And you are a pretty steadfast defender of CC, thought you might have been a friend of the family.

So I was wondering if we knew each other or not.

And how is that being open minded? At least at this point I am willing to concede there is a possiblity that someone other then CC commited this crime. I don't see how anyone could be 100% convinced with the information we have now.

Well, I never stated 100 percent.

The weight of what is known now has me at 99 9/10 :)

Hey ... I'm in the minority but I'm not alone .. there are a few posters on the comment boards that aren't convinced! :)

You joined WS just for this case, as a lot of us did. And you are a pretty steadfast defender of CC, thought you might have been a friend of the family.

So I was wondering if we knew each other or not.

incorrect assumptions x 3

You're welcome. FWIW, I don't post on the PD, nor do I read there.

Stella,

Thanks for that comment .. it's along the lines of a comment made on the PD .. I was going to ask what the forum thinks of this "opinion"

===================
Spanishlake May 18, 2009 5:32PM CST
This sounds like it might be a planted story, designed to flush out Mr. Coleman. The cops do this sometimes in the hopes that the suspected perp will get scared, and then get on the (tapped) phone with whoever did the crime and say some very dumb things about Coleman's involvement.
Report Abuse

As I recall, someone was questioning weather an outsider would have had the time to strangle 3 people, spray paint the walls, and find the DVR while CC was out.

I simply described one scenario where the 'strangle 3 people' bit wouldn't have taken up much of the killer's time.

Yep that was the response to my post about how could he strangle 3 peope in less than an hour.

Also, on the zip tie thing. I remember a forensic files case of a friend of a security guard getting a few zip ties from the "security guard guy". He later used the zip tie to bound a lady he killed. He was arrested when they matched the zip ties to same ones the security guard had left. So since the not POI is a security guard there is a good chance he also carries zip ties to restrain people when need be. hmmm.... something else to ponder...

Sometimes I feel like I just walked into a cross examination here. This is WS's, right? :waitasec:

Does anyone know if this former residence is STILL being watched? We know that the Columbia residence has been turned back over to CC. I don't remember hearing anything about the old residence.

What is more baffling to me is why is it so important, other than the fact that JMM owns the place now.....I guess CC...or perhaps some other perp could have been carrying on there....

That was from last week and I don't know if the surveillance continues or not.

Good evening! :seeya:

Prosecutors prepare their case against the man they believe brutally killed a beautiful 31-year-old Illinois woman and her two young sons in the bedrooms of their own home. Who is the suspect in the apparent strangulations and when will his identity be revealed?

Nancy Grace has the latest breaking developments, 8 & 10 p.m. ET on HLN.

http://www.cnn.com/CNN/Programs/nancy.grace/

Hopefully, the DVD has nothing on it because it would mean that Chris took it and tossed it in an effort to stage things. If anything is on it, maybe it will show Chris earlier that morning putting things in his car (like the gloves and paint can).

In one of the pictures on the KMOV slideshow it shows one detective going through the car; and then another with 3 or 4 of them seemingly to really take a look at something pulled out of the car... hhhmmmm....

I'd find the link, but my IE keeps freezing when I open more than one window :mad:

They are very common when working with electronic equipment.

LE uses zipties as restraints as well....it's easy to carry several of these instead of a single set of metal handcuffs.

I looked up the specs:

Standard length is 22 inches
Small size—just 2-3/8"—makes it easy to carry

hmmm....possible a security expert whose brother is in LE could have some??

Yep that was the response to my post about how could he strangle 3 peope in less than an hour.

Also, on the zip tie thing. I remember a forensic files case of a friend of a security guard getting a few zip ties from the "security guard guy". He later used the zip tie to bound a lady he killed. He was arrested when they matched the zip ties to same ones the security guard had left. So since the not POI is a security guard there is a good chance he also carries zip ties to restrain people when need be. hmmm.... something else to ponder...

yea, zip ties are pretty handy in a lot of different situations. You never know when you'll need a few of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member