Sheri Coleman, sons Garett and Gavin murdered 5-5-09, Columbia, IL. Pt4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Supposedly he didn't work that nite, and the initial reports that he did were incorrect....that's what we've heard so far.

You're right, I have heard that too. Has LE verified that one way or the other?

If it was his night off then he must be some "diehard" body builder to get up at that hour on his morning off when he could have slept in. :waitasec:

Love to see the records at Gold's Gym, to know how often he worked out :)

I think most of you are aware that I am not convinced of CC's guilt as of yet.

One of the things about his behavior has troubled me, however. There has been no outpouring of emotion directly from CC to the general public to find the murderer. Right after this happened a 14 year old was murdered on the north side of the city working at his family's BBQ stand. Right after it happened his step-mother, I believe, made an impassioned plea for help to the public to find the perp. I tried to find it on the web, but I do not think it was saved. The plea by mom would have brought tears to anyone with half a heart. We have not heard any sort of plea to the public directly from CC.

I realize everyone handles grief in their own way and I realize there have been cases were such individuals screaming for help from the public have actually turned out to be the perps.

The lack of any sort of request for help, directly from the immediate family, CC or from his fathers as Church pastor just seems odd.

I sooooooooo agree with you on this. I would think they'd be out in the public BEGGING for information. But then again - we haven't seen SC's family on tv either. The only person asking for help has been MCS that I have seen. It's just surprising.

I have wondered if CC's dad's church has tried to do anything to help - like raising money for a reward? Which also makes me wonder if dad knows/suspects CC did it? Especially since Chester is a small town - you'd think they'd be pulling together to help out the "home town boy"... which leads me to.........

Have all 3 Coleman bros turned out problematic? Someone told the story of Keith and his first and second wife - - - we know SOMETHING wasn't right with CC - - - and of course we have Brad and the deer video (please don't attack me - I know that doesn't make him a criminal, but it doesn't come across as compassionate either).

And finally -
Could CC have a *advertiser censored* or sex addiction? This video thing keeps bugging me - was he recording people he shouldn't have been - was it for blackmail or his own pleasure - and if it is proven he has gf's in different places, could it be to satisfy his addiction? Maybe he wasn't wanting to start a new life - just wanted his "respectable" life and then his "hidden" life. I can see SC would have had a problem with that........I don't care how good a wife and mother she was, I can't see anyone accepting someone under those terms. Someone earlier mentioned she may have got to snooping on his PC - could have found videos - maybe even that he was "starring" in.

Just throwin' it out there.

I'm not saying it should stop him, I'm saying it may have been why he didn't make that plea. In the end, I really don't know why he didn't.

Given his bullsh!t with the in-laws regarding the service, the fact he was allegedly having an affair, the fact he didn't notify the in-laws for 2 days regarding what occurred, and the possibility that he didn't keep the memorial items or place some of them by the gravesites -- I don't think much of him at all really.

And before many of you leap on my last statement, that does not make him a killer in my mind. Other facts? Possibly.

Sorry I wasn't picking at your statement. I really enjoy your posts. What I said was the first thing that came to my mind. And yeah his actions thus far make me sick to my stomach. I have a little boy with blonde hair and blue eyes also. Each time I see a picture of those beautiful boys, it reminds me how thankful I am to have my baby.

I don't know about this one either. There are plenty of people who thought they could outsmart the police though, so he could have just not planned this well. We won't really know much more until they release the TOD.

Are MP's involved with evidence taking? I know they work as guards, but don't know if they do any "police work".

Maybe and maybe not? I know they have a school for MPs, but I am not sure what the curriculum entails. But I do know that most people with an interest in LE have read true crime, watched TV shows, and read other material; so I don't think he would be ignorant to the concepts.

I don't see him trying to "outsmart" them with respect to forensics. Misleading them, or a potential jury, with a history of threats and providing a POE? Sure. But I just don't see him gambling on his life by trying to do too much, particularly IF he planned this out. Otherwise, why bother to plan at all?

I think most of you are aware that I am not convinced of CC's guilt as of yet.

One of the things about his behavior has troubled me, however. There has been no outpouring of emotion directly from CC to the general public to find the murderer. Right after this happened a 14 year old was murdered on the north side of the city working at his family's BBQ stand. Right after it happened his step-mother, I believe, made an impassioned plea for help to the public to find the perp. I tried to find it on the web, but I do not think it was saved. The plea by mom would have brought tears to anyone with half a heart. We have not heard any sort of plea to the public directly from CC.

I realize everyone handles grief in their own way and I realize there have been cases were such individuals screaming for help from the public have actually turned out to be the perps.

The lack of any sort of request for help, directly from the immediate family, CC or from his fathers as Church pastor just seems odd.

The only request for help finding the killer has come from SC's side of the family as far as I know.

Testing Testing 1... 2... 3...

Don't be alarmed this is only a Tagline & Avatar Test.
Please resume regular programming. :crazy:

Sorry I wasn't picking at your statement. I really enjoy your posts. What I said was the first thing that came to my mind. And yeah his actions thus far make me sick to my stomach. I have a little boy with blonde hair and blue eyes also. Each time I see a picture of those beautiful boys, it reminds me how thankful I am to have my baby.

Last year I made contact with a brother I have known about since I was 6.He has little ones which I was thrilled to find out I have a niece and 2 nephews who look like my 2 when they were little.His youngest son looks like he could be a brother to my (new )youngest nephew.So very sad to see yet another Mother and her 2 young children lives taken.

No problemo! :)

I have a blonde-haired, blue-eyed boy too! And oddly enough, he shares a name with one of the victims. I couldn't fathom someone killing his wife, let alone two children. Maybe that is part of why I am still trying to consider so many additional angles or theories to this case?

This lady also is not under a cloud of suspicion.

She made this statement right away. Not everyone around here thought CC did it either until the MCS started releasing some info. He had plenty of time to release a statement IMO. Besides, I wouldn't care what people thought...if I'm innocent, I'm innocent. I would have definitely been asking for help in solving my family's murders.

We've all discussed this before, but everything really hinges on the TOD.

However, lacking that other options must be considered. Let's say for a minute that CC planned this out. He is smart enough, if you will, to stage the "threats" and leave a window open to make people believe it is an intruder. The guy was formerly Military Police, right? So I bet he knows a little something about crime analysis. I find it difficult to believe that he would be dumb enough, or have such an oversight, as to ignore the TOD angle in all of this. If they died at midnight, how does he explain things?

Simultaneously, he must be on his way to the gym calling the house - either immediately or once he gets to the gym. He's gotta know that LE will have pings, his cell phone record, etc.

So, how does he do it all at once?

IIRC When this first was in the news it was reported that TOD was between 3 and 4 am.

I really enjoy your posts.

And thanks! I'm sure I come off as an @ss at times. I don't mean to be that way, but I do enjoy the debate and like many others here, feel compelled to defend my position.

Oddly enough, my position isn't one of "CC is innocent" as much as it is "CC may be innocent, he is probably guilty, but let's keep an open mind".

She made this statement right away. Not everyone around here thought CC did it either until the MCS started releasing some info. He had plenty of time to release a statement IMO. Besides, I wouldn't care what people thought...if I'm innocent, I'm innocent. I would have definitely been asking for help in solving my family's murders.

You may be right. I live in St. Louis, and the minute I heard about the crime, I told someone "CC is guilty! Something's rotten in Denmark!"

Now, I am trying to be less quick to jump and take my time. In the end, what I think matters very little. Ultimately, it is about what LE has and does not have. I'm hoping that whoever committed this vile act, that LE has enough to find and convict this person (or these people).

I'm not saying it should stop him, I'm saying it may have been why he didn't make that plea. In the end, I really don't know why he didn't.

Given his bullsh!t with the in-laws regarding the service, the fact he was allegedly having an affair, the fact he didn't notify the in-laws for 2 days regarding what occurred, and the possibility that he didn't keep the memorial items or place some of them by the gravesites -- I don't think much of him at all really.

And before many of you leap on my last statement, that does not make him a killer in my mind. Other facts? Possibly.

You are right that CC being a jerk doesn't make him a murderer. However, I started this journey believing he was innocent because of the fact I do know some of the family. I just couldn't believe that people who came from such wonderful and moral roots could murder anyone, let alone their own kids. I was 100% sure he was innocent (some of the discussions in my house became very heated - my spouse is LE and that's all I'm saying about that) - then I started waivering. The more evidence that came out - and the more I heard through my own sources - the more convinced I was that he did it. I didn't WANT to believe he did it - but I have to. I just have to wonder what happened to this part of the Coleman family - it makes me sick to think about it. Now, I'm 99.9% sure he did it - so maybe I'm saying there is a chance he didn't............about the same chance as an icecube in he$$, but it's a chance! :)

Maybe and maybe not? I know they have a school for MPs, but I am not sure what the curriculum entails. But I do know that most people with an interest in LE have read true crime, watched TV shows, and read other material; so I don't think he would be ignorant to the concepts.

I don't see him trying to "outsmart" them with respect to forensics. Misleading them, or a potential jury, with a history of threats and providing a POE? Sure. But I just don't see him gambling on his life by trying to do too much, particularly IF he planned this out. Otherwise, why bother to plan at all?

Yeah, but criminals do dumb things. I mean look at Madoff. Surely someone who had such a vast knowledge of the financial markets would realize he would eventually be caught.

IIRC When this first was in the news it was reported that TOD was between 3 and 4 am.

Really? I've never read or heard that before!

Also, I don't post as much as some. And I don't text or twitter. But what does IIRC mean? Go ahead, say "duh!" :bang:

You're right, I have heard that too. Has LE verified that one way or the other?

If it was his night off then he must be some "diehard" body builder to get up at that hour on his morning off when he could have slept in. :waitasec:

Love to see the records at Gold's Gym, to know how often he worked out :)

this is what was said early on -- but we've heard precious little about many details:

Coleman was not working an overnight shift Tuesday as was originally reported, Connor said. "It was not uncommon for him to go to the gym early, it was something he did regularly," Connor said.

http://www.bnd.com/180/story/759136.html

Perhaps he generally went to the gym when he got off work in the a.m....however, we've not heard what that regular time was.

I believe LE knows all about his regular schedule. :)

Yeah, but criminals do dumb things. I mean look at Madoff. Surely someone who had such a vast knowledge of the financial markets would realize he would eventually be caught.

Very true! Many criminals have massive egos, and that can lead them to have a sense of invincibility or a feeling that they can "outsmart" LE.

So, who knows? I just have a difficult time thinking he planned it, if he did indeed plan it, while simultaneously overlooking a major factor. It would be easier for me to see him accidentally leave a print, or some minor piece of evidence, while in a rush than to overlook something as huge as the timeline.

You are right that CC being a jerk doesn't make him a murderer. However, I started this journey believing he was innocent because of the fact I do know some of the family. I just couldn't believe that people who came from such wonderful and moral roots could murder anyone, let alone their own kids. I was 100% sure he was innocent (some of the discussions in my house became very heated - my spouse is LE and that's all I'm saying about that) - then I started waivering. The more evidence that came out - and the more I heard through my own sources - the more convinced I was that he did it. I didn't WANT to believe he did it - but I have to. I just have to wonder what happened to this part of the Coleman family - it makes me sick to think about it. Now, I'm 99.9% sure he did it - so maybe I'm saying there is a chance he didn't............about the same chance as an icecube in he$$, but it's a chance! :)

Well, you are closer to this than I am. Thanks for your input! And I think having LE as a spouse probably gives you some additional insight too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cowboy89