Sheri Coleman, sons Garett and Gavin murdered 5-5-09, Columbia, IL. Pt4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The question as to why the SA has not allowed LE to make an arrest has been brought up several times. This may shed some light on the length of time it takes to process evidence in IL.

When a woman is raped in Illinois, it takes months to process the evidence. Now Illinois State Police are promising to reduce that wait to just 30 days. CBS 2 Political Editor Mike Flannery got an exclusive tour of the crime lab and found some serious challenges.

http://cbs2chicago.com/topstories/dna.backlog.rape.2.1012935.html

Not only that, but there is talk of this case being brought to a GJ; which seems to happen a lot in IL. We're already 2 weeks in, so I'm sure some of the forensics have happened and are waiting on a few more. I'm certain TOD has been established, just not released...so it's only a matter of time.

That sounds perfectly reasonable to me. Maybe he was aware of the TOD angle, but felt rushed to "pull it off" by committing the crime, leaving, and then start making the calls to prove he was not home?

I once read somewhere that turning up the thermostat in the home could distort the calculation for TOD, if temperature was the means in which it was being performed. I'm not sure exactly how hot it would have to be to accomplish this, but maybe blankets and a reasonably warm temperature in the home could do so as well?

Would this have an effect on rigor mortis or just liver temp?

I am still confused about the report that neighbors heard arguing. I have been researching this thing for a couple of days now and it's reported he worked graveyard. Did he work close enough to the home to come home and eat? That would seem highly unlikely to me, if it's true.

In one of the videos I watched this morning the neighbors that were interviewed(Fox 2) didn't hear anything.

:waitasec:

That is true, there is an interview on fox2now of those neighbors. The question is how far away were those neighbors? There has been a leak that there is definitely a neighbor who heard an argument around 3 a.m. I'm sure he/she will be part of the GJ when that happens.

I sooooooooo agree with you on this. I would think they'd be out in the public BEGGING for information. But then again - we haven't seen SC's family on tv either. The only person asking for help has been MCS that I have seen. It's just surprising.

I have wondered if CC's dad's church has tried to do anything to help - like raising money for a reward? Which also makes me wonder if dad knows/suspects CC did it? Especially since Chester is a small town - you'd think they'd be pulling together to help out the "home town boy"... which leads me to.........

Have all 3 Coleman bros turned out problematic? Someone told the story of Keith and his first and second wife - - - we know SOMETHING wasn't right with CC - - - and of course we have Brad and the deer video (please don't attack me - I know that doesn't make him a criminal, but it doesn't come across as compassionate either).

And finally -
Could CC have a *advertiser censored* or sex addiction? This video thing keeps bugging me - was he recording people he shouldn't have been - was it for blackmail or his own pleasure - and if it is proven he has gf's in different places, could it be to satisfy his addiction? Maybe he wasn't wanting to start a new life - just wanted his "respectable" life and then his "hidden" life. I can see SC would have had a problem with that........I don't care how good a wife and mother she was, I can't see anyone accepting someone under those terms. Someone earlier mentioned she may have got to snooping on his PC - could have found videos - maybe even that he was "starring" in.

Just throwin' it out there.

FWIW, there isn't really a video thing mentioned in the media anywhere that I recall. It was electronic equipment. IMO, that would be phones, computers, etc.

Would this have an effect on rigor mortis or just liver temp?

Cold temps can inhibit or slow down the onset of rigor mortis. But I don't know if would have to be extremely cold to effect it. And having said that I believe that would be obvious to the LE if it were really cold in the house. IMO

That could have been the reason in the letters, to throw people off, but it may have been a grudge for some other reason. LE may know this or be privy to additional details.

A good thing to know would be did CC ever tell JMM he was receiving threatening letters in connection with his job there. My bet would be no. If it was true the FBI would be all over it; and that has not surfaced through any media reports, or LE leaks. I haven't seen one FBI agent involved in this case.

Cold temps can inhibit or slow down the onset of rigor mortis. But I don't know if would have to be extremely cold to effect it. And having said that I believe that would be obvious to the LE if it were really cold in the house. IMO

Good point.

For heaven's sake, he still hasn't been arrested? Fooey.

That sounds perfectly reasonable to me. Maybe he was aware of the TOD angle, but felt rushed to "pull it off" by committing the crime, leaving, and then start making the calls to prove he was not home?

I once read somewhere that turning up the thermostat in the home could distort the calculation for TOD, if temperature was the means in which it was being performed. I'm not sure exactly how hot it would have to be to accomplish this, but maybe blankets and a reasonably warm temperature in the home could do so as well?

True, I saw it on forensic files. A man killed his pregnant wife, jacked down the A/C on went out on a boat with several friends. He was busted though.

This lady also is not under a cloud of suspicion.

Maybe because her child was randomly gunned down on a street with no apparent motive or reason. And probably because they didn't receive "threatening letters" before he was gunned down. But it is nice to see the family of the victim appeal to the public for help, and not lawyer up with one of the top Criminal Defense attorneys in STL. Just saying...

Things we don't know but would like to know... The MCS and LE probably have answers to most of these questions. All the answers here also pay into why MCS & LE have one suspect in mind and we all know who they are narrowing in on.

What did Chris & Sheri do the weekend while the boys were camping with friends of the family? (the camping weekend I believe was 2 weekends before they were murdered - correct me if I am wrong)

Did a neighbor hear a bunch arguing between Chris & Sheri the weekend the boys were away from the house and camping?

What did the family do the weekend before the murders? (Were the kids actually home that weekend?)

Did the boys attend school on Monday? (if so did they seem preoccupied as if something was bothering them? - as in was Mommy & Daddy arguing over the weekend?)

Did anyone see Chris or the family on Monday? - Did Chris work on Sunday night? and was Monday night/Tuesday morning his normal scheduled day off of work?

If some one saw the family on Monday where did they see them and when was the last time they were seen alive?

For heaven's sake, he still hasn't been arrested? Fooey.

Made me wonder if it could be sooner than 8 weeks after reading this @ the stltoday (comments by a poster) --- bbm:

Columbiamomof3 May 19, 2009 2:11PM CST
fiddledeedee-just heard from the neighbor on Robert Dr. and was told that on every corner in that subdivision that there is an unmarked police car waiting. Do you have any knowledge of this? If my son would wake from his nap I would run up there.
Report Abuse

Things we don't know but would like to know... The MCS and LE probably have answers to most of these questions. All the answers here also pay into why MCS & LE have one suspect in mind and we all know who they are narrowing in on.

What did Chris & Sheri do the weekend while the boys were camping with friends of the family? (the camping weekend I believe was 2 weekends before they were murdered - correct me if I am wrong)

Did a neighbor hear a bunch arguing between Chris & Sheri the weekend the boys were away from the house and camping?

What did the family do the weekend before the murders? (Were the kids actually home that weekend?)

Did the boys attend school on Monday? (if so did they seem preoccupied as if something was bothering them? - as in was Mommy & Daddy arguing over the weekend?)

Did anyone see Chris or the family on Monday? - Did Chris work on Sunday night? and was Monday night/Tuesday morning his normal scheduled day off of work?

If some one saw the family on Monday where did they see them and when was the last time they were seen alive?

Sheri's Myspace last login was May 4th...doesn't show a time tho.

Thanks to those who responded already, but I'd like more input regarding this question . . . (see above post)

I've posted this before... but I'll do it again. I believe the "threatening letters" were an invention by CC to make Sheri insecure & paranoid to make her stay in the marriage. The rumors are everywhere that they were seperated or were seperating, etc... I could see him being desperate enough to use this method to scare her into having to rely on him to "protect her" from this "unknown mad man threatening our family because I work for JMM". It worked for awhile... but then she found out about the affair and had enough. The supposed argument overheard at 3 a.m. was her telling him to get out, she was done and he snapped and killer her. One or both boys walked in and in his rage, he killed them as well to CYA. He was sloppy, didn't think through the entire timetable and what LE could and couldn't tell by the crime scene, TOD, writing on the wall, etc... His CYA was discard any evidence he could, spray paint the walls pointing toward this mad stalker killer, run to the gym, start calling home almost immediately, not calling 911 but a neighbor for a wellness check, carelessly tossing evidence in broad daylight, etc... "The Plan" was not very well planned out and will be his undoing. IMO.

Made me wonder if it could be sooner than 8 weeks after reading this @ the stltoday (comments by a poster) --- bbm:

fiddledeedee-just heard from the neighbor on Robert Dr. and was told that on every corner in that subdivision that there is an unmarked police car waiting. Do you have any knowledge of this? If my son would wake from his nap I would run up there.
Report Abuse

WOW, what do we make of this. Every cornor in the sub?
Artie, oh Artie, where are you?

Report Abuse

That would be nice, but I wish fiddledeedee would leave his/her son at home away from what could be an ugly scene if they are indeed taking him to :behindbar today!!! What do people think, really?!? Kids have no business around this, and neither do outsider, IMO.

Report Abuse

WOW, interesting. I'm so nosey that if it was my neighborhood I'd wake all 3 of my boys up!:crazy::crazy:

Maybe Chris is staying back at the Columbia home now?
Maybe he could not handle the pressure here in Chester, maybe his family and inner circle has started asking him questions that he is refusing to answer.

LE never stopped watching him in Chester 24/7 they backed off some and became less obvious here in Chester.

Besides Chester is in Randolph County and Columbia is in Monroe County.

Even if he is not arrested today - he is still being watch & followed 24/7.

Why would they expect him in Columbia, when he's staying in Chester?
HUH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members