Sheri Coleman, sons Garett and Gavin murdered 5-5-09, Columbia, IL. Pt5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We did have a leak very early on (days into this) that the spray painting way way overdone and everywhere, not just the one leaked message. We heard about several, paint on the bodies & F/U on the sheet covering Sheri.
Yes, we did hear that and also Major Connor mentioned there were messages (plural) which I commented on here awhile back.

SS,

See this for the good question you posted last night about how struggle before death affects rigor mortis.

http://www.hbo.com/autopsy/baden/qa_5.html

"What is cadaveric spasm? Have you ever seen it?

"Cadaveric spasm" refers to a kind of instant rigor mortis. After we die, the muscles of the body stiffen, from using up its oxygen supply and because wastes - carbon dioxide and urea - are no longer brought away from the muscle cells. It also has to do with the depletion of muscle enzymes. So, cadaveric spasm is a muscle phenomenon in which some muscles of the body become stiff instantly, rather than in the usual two to eight hours normal rigor takes to develop. The reason for such rapid rigor mortis, usually, is the extreme exertion of the muscles during the act of dying, especially as can happen during a struggle.

So, for instance, when somebody is in a struggle with another person before dying, the hand muscles may go into instant rigor mortis -- like in a mystery novel, when a button is tightly grasped in the hand of the deceased and is found later when the hand is opened. There are cases of people who have collapsed and died of a heart attack while long-distance running, and rigor mortis set in much faster in those cases, because of the depletion of oxygen and buildup of waste that occurs during such stressful exercise.

Although cadaveric spasm is not common, I have seen it. Because of the time factor, in order to see the condition, one has to view the body at the scene where it was found. One can find stiffness and rigor mortis in a body within minutes after death has occurred. As a medical examiner, I have seen cadaveric spasm in bodies that are taken out of bodies of water. In the process of drowning and in the exertion in trying to swim to shore, the hands of the victim, especially, become depleted of oxygen - and may have seaweed or other objects caught in the last grasp before death."

Nancy talking with Sheri's cousin, Enrico, again. It's the first he's heard of the TOD being narrowed to 3-5am, but says clearly CC wasn't telling the truth if this is the correct TOD. He's also talking about how SC & CC met and so forth. CC was a member of the USMC MP. He hasn't personally spoken to CC since the murders. For 2 days the family tried to reach CC and finally he called back and talked to Mario (brother) once. No one's heard from him since.

Nancy is commenting on the timing of CC shaving his head as it relates to the prosecution of this case ~ maybe to deliberately alter his appearance.

Reporter saying CC hasn't had any visitors yet. Everyone in jail is treated alike, no lockdown, no suicide watch. Community recreation room available to inmates, with tv.

More information about the spray paint. Multiple messages left in the house, one said "I told you so" (paraphrased) written "helter skelter". One message going upstairs, another in living room. Spray painting took time.

Holly Hughes is saying premeditation in buying paint, gloves ahead of time.

Sounds like defense talk. Baden did not narrow it down to 2 hours. CC could have killed them at midnight for all we know. I guess the bottom line for me is that they were definitely dead before Chris left the house.

I think the statement originally was "well before 3am and not after 5am". That's a bit different than what Perper is saying.
Thanks~ You are right. It is different as he is not narrowing it to a 2 hour window. Dr. Perper wasn't given the correct information to comment on!

Yes, but those were Pat Brown's thoughts on the subject. Sounded good at the time. Besides, a little bit of Kilz and a couple of coats of paint...and the house is good to go.
Yes, I remember it was her opinion only. I just wonder who would want to buy the house now anyway, repainted or not. :eek:

Which would already be measured two weeks into this when the indictment came down. That's not like having to wait for DNA to come back.

I got the impression that those levels were not taken.

I think the statement originally was "well before 3am and not after 5am". That's a bit different than what Perper is saying.
You're right! Somehow it got changed tonight and Dr. Perper went with it.

I got the impression that those levels were not taken.

How would Perper know that? He's not part of the Criminal Investigation end of this crime? He's being fed what Baden said, that's it. I can guarantee you he hasn't seen one bit of the forensics.

All about the sensationalism...

ETA: Do you really think that they're going to skip a step in an autopsy when you have a dead wife and her two dead babies??? Didn't think so.
This case will be airtight.

Analytical~ Nothing I read there has a thing to do with strangulation and Rigor. The only thing close would be that her hands could have developed stiffening from trying to get whatever was around her neck off possibly.

Who does Nick Pistor work for? I think I will send him what I found at the Tampa Gold Club to see if he can verify it (and get it on NG). ;)

Found this in the comments section (3rd comment) of this STL Today article:
gmhvvcolumbiannative May 21, 2009 12:34AM CST
"Michael Baden's willingness to testify that TOD was sometime BEFORE 3am to no later the 5am. This puts CC in house at time of murders. Also CC's computer seized from his house contains the origination of the "threats" against his family. He make them up on his own computer. NAILS IN HIS COFFIN.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Anyone have more details about the threats possibly coming from CC's computer? Could be rumor.

Found this in the comments section (3rd comment) of this STL Today article:
gmhvvcolumbiannative May 21, 2009 12:34AM CST
"Michael Baden's willingness to testify that TOD was sometime BEFORE 3am to no later the 5am. This puts CC in house at time of murders. Also CC's computer seized from his house contains the origination of the "threats" against his family. He make them up on his own computer. NAILS IN HIS COFFIN.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Anyone have more details about the threats possibly coming from CC's computer? Could be rumor.

We've heard from a local source (not me, or my sources) that would be the truth. Could be rumor, but he's been right so far.

How would Perper know that? He's not part of the Criminal Investigation end of this crime? He's being fed what Baden said, that's it. I can guarantee you he hasn't seen one bit of the forensics.

All about the sensationalism...

ETA: Do you really think that they're going to skip a step in an autopsy when you have a dead wife and her two dead babies??? Didn't think so.
This case will be airtight.

I'm sorry if you think my hearing of the program was incorrect. However, you can "vet" it when the transcript comes out tommorrow.

I do believe Dr. Perper said Dr. Baden didn't conduct "certain tests" one being "vitreous humer"

This thing about the invitations, if true, really bothers me. Did they have a date on them? Because divorces take a looong time and are very unpredictable when you have property to split and child custody issues. Death of a spouse on the other hand make you single instantly. I can't believe that Ms Motive would not have know CC and SC weren't getting a divorce, but what if Chris told her they were and ran out of time because of this new wedding coming up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Noseynellie1234