Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are these Chester LE or Randolph Co LE?

I mean how would they know if Coleman was in the pen? Are they running checks on people when they have no part in the case?

Chestergal, you not being a native may not quite understand how that area works yet.

RC grew up in the Percy / Cutler area, and at some point moved to the big town of Chester. He hasn't spent much time outside that area.

You can't fart in Chester without everyone knowing about it half an hour later, hell, I probably knew about this event before the vast majority of people on this board, and knew who's family was involved before the media did and I'm 100 miles away.

So if RC had spent a day in jail, let alone prison, it just isn't something that could be classified in any way shape or form 'secret'. Everybody in that town spends far more time poking around in everyone else's backyard than they do their own.

This is totally wrong. Ron Coleman of Grace Church in Chester, IL has not been in prison. I lived in Chester for over 30 years and know the family. I also know how rumors spread in a small town. This is totally false.

Thanks for confirming that-that's two people so do we have a consensus?

What bearing would that have on this anyway other than to sling mud in an already tragic situation?

I guess I should further explain myself (altho I have no idea why) :-)

I really didn't intend to ever post here. I've read (lurked) for a long time, but felt I shouldn't get involved due to the LE. I didn't want to leak anything that I had heard for several reasons - such as job security. However, this particular case really hit home.

I was looking online for info on Grace Church and was amazed at the lousy website it had and was surprised there were no pictures. Then I started wondering if it wasn't the kind of church I had thought it was (Apparently it wasn't). So I started asking questions. RC and Connie C weren't the ones being charged with murder - their son was. So there was very little info on them.

I do not live in Chester although I've been there many times and have seen the church. I also have family around Chester, but not in Chester.

Hope this is as clear as mud now. ;-) I keep intending to quit posting - then I see something I just HAVE to reply to!!!!! I admit, I'm surprised at the personal attacks on this particular board - it does seem to be more than normal.

Lets all kiss and make up - and maybe it's just time for bed?????

Wonder if they're afraid of being recorded? As in Casey Anthony???

I'm going to assume they are as shocked as anyone else who knew CC prior to the murders. I will not jump to the conclusion that they are going to stand by their son until I see proof of it. We cannot overlook the fact that their own grandchildren were killed and it's possible they truly are grieving. I really don't know what I would do in their situation.

Are these Chester LE or Randolph Co LE?

I mean how would they know if Coleman was in the pen? Are they running checks on people when they have no part in the case?

Two LE are IL state - one is Metro East.

Chestergal, you not being a native may not quite understand how that area works yet.

RC grew up in the Percy / Cutler area, and at some point moved to the big town of Chester. He hasn't spent much time outside that area.

You can't fart in Chester without everyone knowing about it half an hour later, hell, I probably knew about this event before the vast majority of people on this board, and knew who's family was involved before the media did and I'm 100 miles away.

So if RC had spent a day in jail, let alone prison, it just isn't something that could be classified in any way shape or form 'secret'. Everybody in that town spends far more time poking around in everyone else's backyard than they do their own.

Well I was laughing when you said the big town of Chester but your next paragraph is classic. Sorry, I may be in my 30s but I can appreciate some juvenile humor and thanks for that.

Well I was laughing when you said the big town of Chester but your next paragraph is classic. Sorry, I may be in my 30s but I can appreciate some juvenile humor and thanks for that.

There's small towns all over the US like that. Brings new meaning to the term "nosy neighbor" :crazy:

Ron Coleman grew up in Percy IL about 15 minutes east of Chester. Went to school at Trico, locals will know where that is. He was in the Army for probably two years. Worked at a coal mine as a heavy equipment operator for about 20 years and has been at Grace Church sonce near the beginning. Which was approximately 1987. There is no way in hell that something like him being in prison would have gone unnoticed Chester, IL for even two weeks, let alone years.

"punished" was found on the, IIRC, living room wall

anyone have any idea what that is supposed to mean?

There's small towns all over the US like that. Brings new meaning to the term "nosy neighbor" :crazy:

yes, and anyone who has ever spent time in one of them knows how utterly impossible it would be to go to prison for a couple of years, and keep it a secret.

"punished" was found on the, IIRC, living room wall

anyone have any idea what that is supposed to mean?

Unless you have the mind of a killer, probably not.

Sorry, I just can't get chesterguy's F word out of my mind and I'm still laughing so I know it's time to go to bed. Night all.

It was reported on NG tonight that CC has had no visitors since being arrested, not even his parents. I wonder what this tells us.

It would seem to me, that if his parents thought that CC had tragically lost his entire family to some random act of violence, and was now being falsely accused barely a week after they were laid to rest, that they would have made the 45 minute drive to see him in jail, to bring him a book or something (if allowed).

I predicted this would happen. Lawyer's advice to a guilty client - no visitors, especially family who may have questions, don't say a word.

Unless you have the mind of a killer, probably not.

Sorry, I just can't get chesterguy's F word out of my mind and I'm still laughing so I know it's time to go to bed. Night all.

Me, too - tomorrow's another day - oh, wait ...... it IS tomorrow....... :bang:

If you can find it, I believe this started from another post on a comment board that CC left the Columbia house, went to the Affton house and then to the gym.

EDIT - it's on page 39 from analytical

I read that post re: CC went to Affton house....it was tongue-in-cheek, and the poster explained that to someone else who questioned it several posts later.

There are a few peeps who do not believe that CC could possibly have done it, therefore, several posters @ the stltoday have come up with some scenarios that are very entertaining to read.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cowboy89