Sheri Coleman, sons Garett and Gavin murdered 5-5-09, Columbia, IL. Pt8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
come on.... leave TL alone.
She has to work so she can help pay for CC's defense!

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Hi chestergal!!!! We shall see, but I prefer to believe her testimony will pound the last nail into his coffin. A woman scorned can be a formidable force - if they're not strangled to death.

Hi chestergal!!!! We shall see, but I prefer to believe her testimony will pound the last nail into his coffin. A woman scorned can be a formidable force - if they're not strangled to death.

I love the way you put this! :woohoo: Let's hope she does the right thing and is a strong witness in this case!

I guess I don't see her as a "mastermind" (If she had any brains at all, she wouldn't have screwed him in the first place) but more as a "co-enabler", he did all of the talking and she didn't call the cops. I think it was a provocative game that went too far - and she was a major player in it.

People, this case is driving me crazy! It brings back so many bad memories and reminds me of when my faith was truly tested.

Two years after going thru a divorce where my ex-husband decided he didn't want to have kids (we had 1 and the other was "8 months in the oven"), I met and married a police officer who was also the son of a minister (won't name religion here as it is irrelevant). I was delighted when 18 mos. after our marriage he asked to adopt my children, feeling at the time that my children were truly loved and accepted by such a loving religious family. (Their natural father willingly relinquished his rights since it meant he wouldn't have to pay child support or make up any more lies why he couldn't visit with them.) My joy didn't last long. QUOTE]

Snipped for Brevity

Nana, I am truly sorry you experienced that terrible marriage, you are a brave strong woman. Sharing your happiness, you found a wonderful man to share your life with and be a blessing to your kids :clap:

I suppose she still has to make a living, but this sure doesn't sound like she's trying to stay under the radar! Considering other high-profile cases we've seen, it's interesting the press isn't all over this woman. Now, why would that be???:confused:

Probably for the same reason they pretty much left Casey's boyfriend alone, they need a response/comment in order to have soundbite for the news. In all of the high profile cases I have seen when the family doesn't go to work it is considered suspect. I don't think you can really win in this type of a deal. She is lucky that she is not central enough to the case to have her photo worth anything, if the press was hanging out where she works she probably wouldn't have a job for long.

npistor June 1, 2009 8:15PM CST
columbiares: No one sent me. Thanks for the compliment. I do not know what's on the JB Bridge surveillance -- or even if it was working that day. I'm told those things are hit or miss.

Lajr56: We sent a reporter down there a week after the murders. She did not show for work the day we broke the story about the affair. I'd imagine there aren't that many reporters down there for her to hide from. And, with me being very far, it's hard (and expensive) to track her every day.

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/em...3EDD08A79862575C8007A29B2#tp_newCommentAnchor

Scorned, for sure, especially if she's figured out that he had no intention of divorcing SC, and in fact, performed this horrible deed because SC was planning to leave him.

I lean toward a scenario where TL was merely a diversion to bolster his sadly deflated ego. He might've told her anything to keep her happy and, um...shall I say, cooperative.

Thankfully I found out on my own. Dumb Dumb left his computer screen open to his email and I was being "nice" and shutting it down for the night. (It was at work and he asked me to shut down the office). I think I would have felt even worse if my friends knew before me, but I found out quite early in his game. (Another THANK YOU GOD moment!)

I think most of us girls, while we may not have experienced what you did Kimster, know someone who lived that situation. I would say the majority of us have a moral compass which would not even allow us to think of cheating with a married man. I kind of felt lambasted for my opinion in an earlier post about TL, just the way I feel about that kind of betrayal. Not yet prepared to say 100% yet that she was criminally culpable, but certainly morally so.

According to the USF alumnae site, TL graduated "Class of 2000". One must register in order to find out anything further.

According to the USF alumnae site, TL graduated "Class of 2000". One must register in order to find out anything further.

Thanks for all the links and info analytical ... Keep em' coming :)

Thanks for all the links and info analytical ... Keep em' coming :)

Thanks for the thanks! :) I don't think there will be any old links .. just new ones as this progresses.

Many of the posts today have shed an interesting light on the guts of this case for me. Clearly, a good number of our lovely lady posters have been the victims of cheating, no-good husbands/lovers - and my heart goes out to them all. Understandably, that experience lends itself to a point of view that does not extend any good will to MM. Totally get it.

I have a different point of view due to all the OTHER shenanigans my ex put me through. He never cheated on me with another woman, but he did every single other thing you can imagine. Following this case has given me the heebie-jeebies because I'm thinking I was dang lucky to get the he!! out when I did. I feel that if he had added cheating to his long list of transgressions, I wouldn't have tallied it any differently than everything else. I was duped in so many ways that I know how possible it is for someone who is determined to make you believe what they want you to believe - no matter how intelligent you are!

IDK. But I do believe our own life experiences shape our opinions on these cases - as do other cases. Sometimes you do tend to feel there really is nothing new under the sun when you discover what these dunces will do to get what they want.

That being said, I do believe we'll learn much more about this disgusting affair before this is over. But I need to know more about MM's actual involvement in the murders before I throw her under the bus. IMO, CC was after much more than just being with another woman.

ETA: My sweet Mommy knew everything that was going on - but didn't want to believe it. He made her love him too much. But I did not confide in my girlfriends at the time as I was humiliated and struggling to survive and to care for my babies. None of them knew until after....

If Sheri confided in anyone about her marriage, I bet it was her pastor, Jim Stern.

Well said Fairy1 :) and I respect your point of view, thanks for sharing. Your last paragraph may be relevant to how SC was handling the situation. I am still conflicted about whether or not she "knew". Just have to wait and see what is revealed ...

Poster comments from PD:

shayd May 5, 2009 2:13PM CST
I am completely devastated. S (the wife) had just completed EMT training so she could go on medical missions to underprivileged countries. Her children have been friends with mine for years, just darling boys, so innocent and fun. Great kids. Chris, if you are reading this, or your family, please know that we are absolutely torn up. We are so unbelievably shocked. You are all in our prayers, all your extended family.
===============
FOLLY414 May 14, 2009 12:37AM CST
Sheri's local girlfriends told the MCS about the girl in Florida. They knew about her.

===============
Phat Stacks May 5, 2009 1:27PM CST
"Husband has been dating girl from St. Petersburg named Tara Lintz.

I guess I don't see her as a "mastermind" (If she had any brains at all, she wouldn't have screwed him in the first place) but more as a "co-enabler", he did all of the talking and she didn't call the cops. I think it was a provocative game that went too far - and she was a major player in it.

It has been said by Mirabelli "she was a family friend" I'm sure she was not eager for the affair/lurid details to be disclosed. Would you be if you were in her shoes. I agree with all you said above. Do you think she would have contacted LE to volunteer info if she had not been contacted about CC?

TL may have attorneys' fees to pay .. hence she's working hard for the tips.

TL may have attorneys' fees to pay .. hence she's working hard for the tips.

Could be, but maybe she just needs to pay her rent and other bills. If she is going to be the star witness against CC - I'm sure the prosecution is going to take care of her legal issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member