Sheri Coleman, sons Garett and Gavin murdered 5-5-09, Columbia, IL. Pt9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
News update:

>>Defense attorneys for Christopher Coleman, accused of killing his wife and two sons in Columbia, Ill., sought and received a disqualification Thursday of two judges from the case.<<

>>"The defendant has reason to believe that Judge Doyle and Judge Dennis Hatch are so prejudiced against him that he cannot receive a fair trial," said the document filed by William Margulis, one Coleman's attorneys.<<

Heading there to finish reading the article...

Doyle: ruled last week that there is probable cause to bring Coleman to trial
Hatch: ??

How is it that Hatch would be prejudiced? Did he have anything to do with making sure that Sheri's family were able to take she and the boys to Chicago for a service? i.e. might he have had to hear some facts about this case, even as Doyle has?

This is the answer Nic Pistor gave to that question:

npistor June 19, 2009 12:52PM CST
"No reason was given other than the allegation of bias. The law doesn't require any more information for the first two judge substitutions in felony cases. In general, some judges are perceived as more sympathetic to the state -- thus those motions. However, I don't know that is the case here."

Okey dokey...

I noticed that it was Judge Doyle's signature that was on a number of the search warrants. Also, I noticed a Judge Babka signed SW's. I also found his sig on the court order to hold the burial until Sheri's family had services.

The article mentioned above reads:
>>The capital-case certified judges of the 20th Circuit are Judges Milton Wharton, Annette Eckert and William Schuwerk, and Associate Judge Richard Aguirre. Both of the disqualified judges, Doyle and Hatch, also are certified. The circuit includes Monroe, St. Clair, Randolph, Washington and Perry counties.<<

So... I can see that Doyle has a lot of info that he has probably had to look at and hear -- thus possible prejudice at this point. But Hatch? Was he disqualified because he has a huge distaste for creeps that murder their families, thus IF they went for the DP he would be the more inclined of all the remaining judges to give a DP sentence?

OR are the other judges "old" and maybe the defense is banking on them not making it through the trial (retirement or ...) -- then they would have to move to another judge, slowing down the finishing of the trial at some later point? How would that work if a judge didn't make it through a long trial?

It would be interesting to learn what the financial status was/is on MM's condo. . .

Who is MM? Is MM Tara?
If MM is Tara, why is she being referred to as MM?
If MM isn't Tara,
then I am even more lost in the details of the tangled web woven by CC.

Who is MM? Is MM Tara?
If MM is Tara, why is she being referred to as MM?
If MM isn't Tara,
then I am even more lost in the details of the tangled web woven by CC.

LOL - one of the posters here started using MM - Miss Motive - so as not to use Tara's real name. At the time, it didn't seem appropriate to use her real name, but I suppose we're well past that now! MM just sort of stuck.

TCO, I think you'll wait a long time to see a list of things that could point to CC's innocence. Very short list:

1) JMM has people who hate her. Ergo, the threats could have been real.
2) Sheri's cousin Enrico Mirabelli once protested The Sopranos for anti-Italian prejudice. Ergo, the Mafia could have done it.
3) Tara Lintz was once married. Ergo, a jealous ex-husband could have done it.
4) Tara Lintz could have done it for crazy Fatal Attraction reasons of her own.
5) Sheri could have been having an affair. A crazy lover could have done it.
6) Some random killer could have done it.

I have a seventh theory: Sheri had the goods on Ron Coleman's empire of embezzlement, aka Grace Church. Ron Coleman brainwashed CC to do it using Evangelical Krav Maga techniques on his mind, and promised Chris the reward of Tara Lintz (you just go git 'er, son).

All but the last have been floated, but none float.

catching up here....VC

I don't believe any of it....BUT....

you could wright 6 best selling novels on these plots and the 7th one about the RC brainwashing could be made into a mini-series on HBO.

Well Done!!!

Okay..

It's Sleuthy Friday night. Where is everyone?

What are we going to learn about in terms of:

a) evidence that was on one of the children (ugh), what was that evidence?
b) other words besides "punished" written in the house, will there be more misspellings, will there be consistent "internet text" type of connections between what was on the walls and CC's internet text habit patterns?
c) the amount of money contributed to the solicited defense fund? How much came in, really? Did someone actually contribute $250K as rumored? Why would anyone contribute that much? What are people's guesstimates on contributions to this fund and why? Were the contributions made through the church so that people could use them as a write off (this would be inappropriate "earmarking.")
d) what Sheri's family will find in that house that they can share with the prosecution? Will they have an investigator go through the house with them?
e) what more will we learn in fact, that LE knows that we haven't heard?
f) was the ligature a straw bale cord, or was that a ruse to make CC think they weren't on to anything
g) what was the point of the change of judge, and have both defense judges been used up now -- why would they be so bold as to use both judge changes up at one time. Why did they eliminate the two judges they did.

Ready, set go...

General population would be great..........I think most criminals have their own moral system in prison..........and hate child killers!
They really don't care if you stiff a wife, but kids are a different story.........
sometimes LWOP seems it would be worse than DP. I am for the DP.
I am always afraid that someday some bleeding heart will let the killers get parole
when the prison system gets full.
CC killed 3 innocent people...............remember them.........always

I've been thinking about the letters from prisoners LE found in the house....

Obviously, it could have been part of CC's job to read such letters to JM and discern if anything was really a viable threat. Then again, he could have been studying them in an effort to find a suitable scapegoat.

I'm confident LE is on top of this.....

On the guilty/innocent poll, 4 are undecided. What details are holding you on the fence? I think I can speak for most of us when I say we wonder if we're missing something here and would love to hear your point of view.

Just had a rather disturbing thought - I keep pondering the fact that daddy RC was the one who "knew" about TL and told MCS. What if CC was channeling money to RC to keep for him? How would MCS ever find out?

Just had a rather disturbing thought - I keep pondering the fact that daddy RC was the one who "knew" about TL and told MCS. What if CC was channeling money to RC to keep for him? How would MCS ever find out?

With lots of subpoenas! They will be looking back in several people's finances and will have all the bank statements, payroll information, investment info --- I know it's possible to hide funds from LE and IRS, but keep in mind that CC was stupid. I doubt he had the smarts to hide it well.

Nope, it's with Homecomings (which was a division of GM at one point) after being sold a couple of times. But my payment pattern has been unchanged from the first payment years ago, this crap just started about 4 months ago.

That is something else! I'm surprised my mortgage company on my home doesn't call me! (I moved into our former rental home). I guess maybe its because we've owned it for over ten years? You'd think because my ex isn't making payments on our former family home it would create a panic with my lender. But, I haven't been late at all - even being unemployed since November!

I praise God for that! :woohoo:

Okay... I'll start...

Chris Hayes addressed this in his notes.

One of the children was not touched at first, because there was evidence on him. What was that evidence? At first I thought it might be the sheet with painting, i.e. they wanted to make sure to get good photos of the sheets. BUT painting was noted in the case of both children. SO, what was the evidence?

Was it the ligature? Was this the last victim (also it was the youngest, i.e. did he take out the oldest to the youngest?), thus CC did not remove the ligature to move on to another victim (there were no more, unless he was going to commit suicide -- yeah right)? He just then immediately went to whatever his so-called clean up had to be at that point? Is it possible that LE was trying to fake CC out in some way by saying there was a looped cord along the highway? CC knew where he left the ligature he used, but was LE saying, "Uh, we found the remnant of the cord you didn't use buddy..." Did he maybe leave the actual murder weapon at the scene, but carried and tossed out that which was not used along the highway?

Could the evidence have been a mask that the perp pulled off once he knew there was no longer anyone in the home to resist him?

What other evidence might this have been -- a glove? Something that dropped out of the pocket of the perp onto the bed?

b) other words besides "punished" written in the house, will there be more misspellings, will there be consistent "internet text" type of connections between what was on the walls and CC's internet text habit patterns?

My hope is that there is a cross match in linguistics that is indisputable.

c) the amount of money contributed to the solicited defense fund? How much came in, really? Did someone actually contribute $250K as rumored? Why would anyone contribute that much? What are people's guesstimates on contributions to this fund and why? Were the contributions made through the church so that people could use them as a write off (this would be inappropriate "earmarking.")

I understand that with some people it is commonplace to gift money at the time of a funeral, i.e. not to gift flowers, not to gift contributions to some group in memoriam, but to gift money to the family due to an understanding of the need for the cost of a funeral.

Is it at all possible that someone actually felt so attached to the RC family or CC that they would actually gift $250K to a defense fund? The viewing and the funeral occurred at a time when suspicions about CC had already begun to arise, but had not been made public. Would someone actually give this huge amount? Who might have the ability? Do you think that anyone that was solicited was told, "Can you believe they interviewed Chris for X hours? You know he is innocent..." What was in the solicitation, what did people hear, and will they talk?

Has anyone in WS ever had an experience in their business or in their church life to see any such huge gift for any such purpose? I can see something like this to help build a church to serve many people over a long course of time, but I just can't see this for a defense fund -- so kinda think the rumor is bogus. BUT... There were some hundreds who went to the viewing, what might have been raised for the defense fund AND were all people solicited or just a select few?

Okay..

It's Sleuthy Friday night. Where is everyone?

What are we going to learn about in terms of:

d) what Sheri's family will find in that house that they can share with the prosecution? Will they have an investigator go through the house with them?
e) what more will we learn in fact, that LE knows that we haven't heard?
f) was the ligature a straw bale cord, or was that a ruse to make CC think they weren't on to anything
g) what was the point of the change of judge, and have both defense judges been used up now -- why would they be so bold as to use both judge changes up at one time. Why did they eliminate the two judges they did.

Ready, set go...
BBM

Wrinkles, I've been hanging out on the Anthony forum.

You brought up a lot of good questions - almost overwhelming for me for the moment! So I will just grab one - G

Would the defense want to use up those two judges up front like this to say "everyone is against my client from the get-go! We were desperate!" If they are "feeling" the jury pool, they may be pulling on their heartstrings and getting ready to say CC is the good little Christian boy being set-up by the mean old LE.

On the guilty/innocent poll, 4 are undecided. What details are holding you on the fence? I think I can speak for most of us when I say we wonder if we're missing something here and would love to hear your point of view.

Nah, it's actually the same in every murder case where a loved one is the perp. Some people, no matter what, refuse to believe a beloved family member would do something so horrific to a loved one. or anyone could do that for that matter. For them it's just got to be someone else....anyone else. It's just not reality.

I have a friend that thinks this way. It drives me crazy, but more than that, I fear there is a good chance she'll become the victim of a horrible crime because she is so naive. She thinks no one can be guilty of a crime like this, because she doesn't think anyone is capable of commiting a crime like this. Well duh, someone commited this crime. But let me tell you, it's like hitting my head against a wall trying to get my friend to see this.

BBM

Wrinkles, I've been hanging out on the Anthony forum.

You brought up a lot of good questions - almost overwhelming for me for the moment! So I will just grab one - G

Would the defense want to use up those two judges up front like this to say "everyone is against my client from the get-go! We were desperate!" If they are "feeling" the jury pool, they may be pulling on their heartstrings and getting ready to say CC is the good little Christian boy being set-up by the mean old LE.

Isn't this kind of a crap shoot? Apparently they have 2 opportunities to change judges. Do they KNOW who they'll wind up with in the end? Or is this just a stalling tactic that will lead to putting in for a change of venue? Even then, they're taking their chances, right?

Nah, it's actually the same in every murder case where a loved one is the perp. Some people, no matter what, refuse to believe a beloved family member would do something so horrific to a loved one. or anyone could do that for that matter. For them it's just got to be someone else....anyone else. It's just not reality.

I have a friend that thinks this way. It drives me crazy, but more than that, I fear there is a good chance she'll become the victim of a horrible crime because she is so naive. She thinks no one can be guilty of a crime like this, because she doesn't think anyone is capable of commiting a crime like this. Well duh, someone commited this crime. But let me tell you, it's like hitting my head against a wall trying to get my friend to see this.

I understand how your friend feels! I can't believe anyone can do such a crime either! But then, I can't believe anyone can do ANY of these crimes! Seems to me these are not people doing this, but just rabid animals.

Isn't this kind of a crap shoot? Apparently they have 2 opportunities to change judges. Do they KNOW who they'll wind up with in the end? Or is this just a stalling tactic that will lead to putting in for a change of venue? Even then, they're taking their chances, right?

I was thinking more along the lines of grasping at straws than a crap shoot. I don't think they really care who is the judge, they just want to get that "feeling" of "everyone has been unfair to my client" out there from the get-go. That's just one theory I have about why they did this!

LOL - one of the posters here started using MM - Miss Motive - so as not to use Tara's real name. At the time, it didn't seem appropriate to use her real name, but I suppose we're well past that now! MM just sort of stuck.

Thanks Fairy1

Okay... I'll start...

Chris Hayes addressed this in his notes.

One of the children was not touched at first, because there was evidence on him. What was that evidence? At first I thought it might be the sheet with painting, i.e. they wanted to make sure to get good photos of the sheets. BUT painting was noted in the case of both children. SO, what was the evidence?

Was it the ligature? Was this the last victim (also it was the youngest, i.e. did he take out the oldest to the youngest?), thus CC did not remove the ligature to move on to another victim (there were no more, unless he was going to commit suicide -- yeah right)? He just then immediately went to whatever his so-called clean up had to be at that point? Is it possible that LE was trying to fake CC out in some way by saying there was a looped cord along the highway? CC knew where he left the ligature he used, but was LE saying, "Uh, we found the remnant of the cord you didn't use buddy..." Did he maybe leave the actual murder weapon at the scene, but carried and tossed out that which was not used along the highway?

Could the evidence have been a mask that the perp pulled off once he knew there was no longer anyone in the home to resist him?

What other evidence might this have been -- a glove? Something that dropped out of the pocket of the perp onto the bed?

My hope is that there is a cross match in linguistics that is indisputable.

I understand that with some people it is commonplace to gift money at the time of a funeral, i.e. not to gift flowers, not to gift contributions to some group in memoriam, but to gift money to the family due to an understanding of the need for the cost of a funeral.

Is it at all possible that someone actually felt so attached to the RC family or CC that they would actually gift $250K to a defense fund? The viewing and the funeral occurred at a time when suspicions about CC had already begun to arise, but had not been made public. Would someone actually give this huge amount? Who might have the ability? Do you think that anyone that was solicited was told, "Can you believe they interviewed Chris for X hours? You know he is innocent..." What was in the solicitation, what did people hear, and will they talk?

Has anyone in WS ever had an experience in their business or in their church life to see any such huge gift for any such purpose? I can see something like this to help build a church to serve many people over a long course of time, but I just can't see this for a defense fund -- so kinda think the rumor is bogus. BUT... There were some hundreds who went to the viewing, what might have been raised for the defense fund AND were all people solicited or just a select few?

If it is a rumor, maybe the Coleman family started it to get the ball rolling so to speak.

If it is not a rumor, maybe the Coleman family "donated" to the fund for the same reason.

DD, CC's best friend... but he's not a swindler like the Coleman's so I don't know if he would have that kind of money laying around.

I can't think of any reason why someone who is not related to CC would be motivated to help CC's defense. I can see why the Coleman's would be motivated to make a pathetic attempt to show the public that they are not the only one's who strongly support CC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
k2910